The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

7 minutes ago, April said:

OMG GUYS!!

https://youtu.be/RZYRBpT-IqY

The Big Bang Theory - The Opening Night Excitation (Behind the Scenes)

It's not available in my country!!! WTF!!! I've to wait it is online elsewhere...how is it? some spoilers for me? (Not an alternative link, I know it can't be done here and I'll find by myself, just tell me what happens in the video, please please please...)

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, April said:

OMG GUYS!!

Gaaaaahhhh!!!!!  So sweet!  My fave part is Jim saying "I felt the urge, when we finished the scenes today [this was in taping day for 9.11], to turn back and go 'We did it' ". :yahoo:

And then there's Mayim, being a downer like usual (jk, I love her, but I love Jim's unrepentant shipping more!):

"We still have to wait and see what happens next week, just like in real life."  :scratchhead:

I wonder if she thought that even after all this character development he'd freak out and run away again or something?

Next week you say, oh doubting girlie?  Well, let's see, he misses you while you're away and names an asteroid after you.  Good enough?  Lol!

Edited by jlove
  • Like 9

22 minutes ago, April said:

OMG GUYS!!

So now we know who called Amy on the phone. It was Sheldon. :)

Oh, for those who are facing problems with YouTube saying that the video is not available to your country, download the Hola! extension to your browser. It will solve everything.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

I am pretty sure this screenshot is ok to post (after speaking with Tripper) since it is from an official Big Bang Theory YouTube video and the TBBT logo is in the corner, but if it's not I'll remove it! 

image.thumb.png.710244bfd7339a5cf18cfdbb

LOOK AT THEIR SMILES!!!!!!

They must have done multiple takes for the leaning in to kiss scene, because the gifs we've seen all week don't have those big smiles (and I already loved it) but this CBS promo sure does.  Omg, I thought it couldn't get better, but Sheldon's big smile that they're really starting this is killing me!!!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, jlove said:

They must have done multiple takes for the leaning in to kiss scene, because the gifs we've seen all week don't have those big smiles (and I already loved it) but this CBS promo sure does.  Omg, I thought it couldn't get better, but Sheldon's big smile that they're really starting this is killing me!!!

My first thought was that they were breaking character...

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Amy Fowler said:

This is perfection.

I love how vintage Shamy is back. So funny how Amy stays away cause Sheldons sick :laugh: love it love it love it. 

It is a werid episode though. Still not sure why Sheldon wants to go to Vegas but whatever :) I'm just glad everything back to normal. It's beginning to feel like the improved S8 :biggrin: 

was there not a flash mob last night?

also who the fuck is Emily? :rofl: 

Susana on facebook last night asking who the girl was next to Melissa in the Instagram pic suddenly makes me laugh out loud. HAHAHAHA.

Seriously though, can we get some more Remily going on? Otherwise, just WHY is she here? LOL. Is this going any where? If not, can we bring back Yvette?

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, April said:

Quick summary: There are two parts in this.

1) Is about Bob Newhart's return. Interviews with him and others explaining his role in the story as Sheldon's Obi-Wan and how great it is to have Newhart back. We get a scene when Sheldon calls Amy in the middle of the night to inform her that he'll spend her birthday with her.

2) Is about the decision to have Sheldon and Amy finally making that step in their relationship (titled "Sheldon & Amy - Together" which I found super sweet regarding that one line). Lorre and Molaro recap the big steps (train kiss, ILY) and explain how it felt it's the right time for them now. (Idk if it's just me but I found the way Lorre talked about them ridiculously sweet, like the tone in his voice or something?? Idk) MaJim interview with Captain Jim being adorable ("I felt the urge, when we finished the scenes today, to turn back and go WE DID IT!" lmao) and Mayim going more into detail about the build up and sweet anxiety of the two of them. Also Simon was like "After 9 years it's time he gets some action!" LOL

Sprinkled in between are little behind the scenes clips of filming PP in Sheldon's room and the bed scene (see huge picture above).

Yeah, that looks like a blooper. It's still cute though.

Totally agree (bolded part). His voice sounds so tender and sweet when talking about them.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, MAH_B said:

Totally agree (bolded part). His voice sounds so tender and sweet when talking about them.

Right? He's so digging the Shamy! hehe

And so is Kunal (as usual)

"You’ve grown to love these characters, being on the show for so long. And you sort of feel the heartache and you feel that pain and it’s really wonderful to see them back together."

Awww. Yes.

Edited by April
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, MJistheBOMB said:

Susana on facebook last night asking who the girl was next to Melissa in the Instagram pic suddenly makes me laugh out loud. HAHAHAHA.

Seriously though, can we get some more Remily going on? Otherwise, just WHY is she here? LOL. Is this going any where? If not, can we bring back Yvette?

:laugh: thats hilarious!  wrong choice of putting a B&W filter on the pic tbh, the red hair would have given it away!.

YES! what does Emily even do :laugh: 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, shamyyyy said:

These things can't be connected in your opinion ?

you can be turned on and freak out / panic about it because

- you don't think you look good enough

- you don't think you're good enough in sex

- you're attracted to somebody you're not supposed to be attracted to, your best friend's partner or something 

- there's a body mind conflict - you're physically & emotionally attracted to this person but you think (s)he's a horrible person / not for you 

ok these are very common reasons and Sheldon's reasons are way more unusual / rare but still...

You can TOTALLY have a panic attack because you're turned on and in your MIND for some reason you see it as a dead end situation, that you won't be able to go through with it for sure , but then the feelings for that person are so strong (I don't mean lust but rather love + passion), it's overwhelming you.

I totally have Been in that situation more than once and I know im not alone in that. If you're totally self-confident / calm / balanced, never fall for the wrong person, don't think every one's like that !

people can have many MANY reasons to act like that. I would say it's more common for girls since we're a little but more of drama queens and a little more wrapped up in our emotions, but still.

i basically can identify with Sheldon a lot, because it's like when you have rejection and denial as coping mechanisms and deep inside you know they're not really always working , but you pretend they do and ignore the fuck out of it, and then one moment BAM! smth happens and you just can't pretend anymore they work.

But you're not ready to let go of your coping mechanisms.

thus panic and fear. It doesn't eliminate desire.

And which one of these scenarios do you think applies to Sheldon?  You don't specify.

As I said to the earlier poster, have a look at the gulp gifs again (I've no idea how to post them) and make your own mind up.  You know what you're looking for in regards to what 'lust' looks like, upturned mouth curve, perhaps lips slightly parted, dilated pupils, raised eyebrow, unconscious leaning nearer as opposed to downturned mouth, appearance of discomfort and fear etc.

In fact, hold on, compare them to this........not exactly lust, but Sheldon's expression is certainly flirty and interested around about his "Yeah."

And, no, I'm not a Shenny Shipper before you ask.  If you can find an example of him 'flirting' with Amy, then compare those gulp gifs to that.

If you do it, I'd be interested to know what you see, I honestly find it fascinating that we can watch the same clips and see different things.

If you can't see it try jimparsons_ source on tumblr or emmy4mayim page on Facebook. 

Its cute. 

Edited by Listgirl
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

For those who can't view it on the YouTube page because of the region problem, it is also posted on SpoilerTV's site:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/12/the-big-bang-theory-episode-911-opening_11.html

SOMEONE PLEASE GIF THAT BLOOPER NOW! it's so cute! I'm gonna wet myself tomorrow for sure...

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 5