[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

1 minute ago, bluebird said:

Yap, I knew it. This episode will be the end of me. I won't make it. Bye bye bluebirdie. It was nice to meet all of you. 

Exactly! if I don't die of laughing after watching this episode, I'm lucky

• Like 3

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

'Big Bang' ends the year with a bang

Sex vs. Star Wars? The choice might seem obvious for The Big Bang Theory’sSheldon Cooper, but the super-nerd surprises fans in Thursday’s momentous episode (CBS, 8 p.m. ET/PT).

Sheldon (Jim Parsons) picks sex, celebrating fellow virgin and recently estranged girlfriend Amy’s birthday by sleeping together for the first time. He doesn’t completely shut out Star Wars, consulting one of his science heroes, the late Arthur Jeffries (Bob Newhart), who is transformed into wise Obi-Wan Kenobi in Sheldon's subconscious.

Sheldon is "quite sure that she'll understand if he goes to the premiere. I kind of say, 'Well, no,' " says comic legend Newhart, whose character remains puzzled by Sheldon even as a creation of Sheldon's mind. "It's wonderful for me, because it gives me a chance to react off his strange comments and view of the world and his relationship with Amy (Mayim Bialik)."

I'm out of likes but thank you! :) 

7 hours ago, jenafan said:

I just seems like a repeat of what we went through at the end of S8 between the Fort Episode and the break up where Mayim's appearances were extremely limited due to the death of her father.   It makes me uncomfortable.

I hope the Skype limitations are due to her schedule, the fact that they are making the eps Shamy lite and making room for Emily, or something else not tragic or sad.

Perhaps they are giving her light duty in exchange for the two heavy episodes that made her slightly uncomfortable to act.

The episode seems funny, and perhaps Sheldon is mean because Amy isn't there to care for his sickness and other things.   Maybe it's a little bit about frustration of her absence.   Amy saying she was staying away because he was sick does seem off-putting considering he took care of her when she was sick.

I know they want to keep Sheldon who he is and mix the love for Amy in there, but they don't have to make Amy say such hurtful things to the man who is now sharing his body with her.   Maybe that's why she's staying away, because he is sick, and they can't keep their hands off each other now, putting her at greater risk.

I hope so too, I really hope Mayim just has to attend some other tapings in other TV shows, so that´s the reason, why she can´t attend to the TBBT tapings personally. Or maybe, the writers are planning their next big step to let Shamy move together as Kathy mentioned. What if Sheldon realizes how much he misses Amy and how much he wants to spent every single minute with her, so he starts thinking and come to the conclusion that he wants to live with her? he talks with Leonard about his thoughts and he agrees to ask her, since he wants to live with Penny in 4B.

So when Amy arrives at the train station or at the airport (do they mention where she went to?) Sheldon picks her up with Leonard. But instead of driving her home, they drive her to Sheldon´s apartment. Leonard excuses himself and walks over to Penny´s.

Sheldon walks with Amy into 4A. Amy wonders why Sheldon wanted her to go to 4A first, so he explains himself, that while she was away that he realized, how much he had missed her and this little things that makes her special and he wants to have all these things every day.

Amy is confused and says that they see each other in the university every day, so he says, that it´s right, but no as much as he would love to.

Amy says that she doesn´t understand, so he walks over to his desk and pulls out a ring box. (worldwide heart attack moment, all shamy fans gasping for breath)

He walks over to Amy and asks her, while he opens the ring box slowly: "Amy..... do you want to move in?"

Then the camera turns to the ring box and you can see a key in it.

Just a thought.

I´m sorry, for the delayed answer, but I have a stressful time at the moment!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, mirs1 said:

An interview from Molaro

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/2015/12/16/a-big-night-on-the-big-bang-theory.html

He speaks a little about the RA (maybe there will be a new one at some point) and about the ring (it seems we we'll have to wait a little bit...) It seems that there will be a few of light Shamy episodes for some time, hope not much time, but I guess it's fair, at this point...LOL!!!

Yay, it is not the end of the RelAg! Although I roll my eyes at the 'Sheldon will want one and Amy will see if she can put up with it or will insist on more control'. As though the Agreement is like the weather wielded by a malevolent god, and poor put-upon Amy must suffer it without complaint or control. So Date Night, Girlfriend/Boyfriend singalongs and hand-holding were all Sheldon's idea, were they? BUT! I am hoping that all he means is that we will see Amy strongly negotiating some amendments to the Agreement. Fingers crossed for the Coitus Amendment!

The interview baffles me on some levels. Even the categorisation of sex as something Amy had waited long enough for: oy. As though intimacy is some sort of prize you earn by waiting. Sigh, Molaro. Still, I forgive you because the actual episode sounds so delightfully written. And that is what matters.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Yay, it is not the end of the RelAg! Although I roll my eyes at the 'Sheldon will want one and Amy will see if she can put up with it or will insist on more control'. As though the Agreement is like the weather wielded by a malevolent god, and poor put-upon Amy must suffer it without complaint or control. So Date Night, Girlfriend/Boyfriend singalongs and hand-holding were all Sheldon's idea, were they? BUT! I am hoping that all he means is that we will see Amy strongly negotiating some amendments to the Agreement. Fingers crossed for the Coitus Amendment!

The interview baffles me on some levels. Even the categorisation of sex as something Amy had waited long enough for: oy. As though intimacy is some sort of prize you earn by waiting. Sigh, Molaro. Still, I forgive you because the actual episode sounds so delightfully written. And that is what matters.

It can be a way to revert the situation in some way, like the hand holding Amendment, it was too "restrictive", but then Sheldon changed it. Something like..every thursday an old French movie, and then suddenly a Thursday Amy wants to watch the new Star Treck movie! For Molaro's words, I've often found his wording not very on purpose...but, as you said, the episode is the only thing that counts!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

And this line from the article...did they actually get this from Molaro, or are they assuming?  I want to know!!!

"At this point, everyone in the ragtag group but Amy knew that Sheldon was planning to propose."

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

An interview from Molaro

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/2015/12/16/a-big-night-on-the-big-bang-theory.html

He speaks a little about the RA (maybe there will be a new one more in Amy's favor) and about the ring (it seems we we'll have to wait a little bit...) It looks like  there will be a few of light Shamy episodes for some time, hope not much time, but I guess it's fair, at this point...LOL!!! 

ETA: Almost forgetting..."Shut you damn mouth" was an homage to "Shut your..."!!! I knew it!!

So does that mean she's going to be going away to conferences a lot to keep them Shamy lite?

23 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

An interview from Molaro

He speaks a little about the RA (maybe there will be a new one more in Amy's favor) and about the ring (it seems we we'll have to wait a little bit...) It looks like  there will be a few of light Shamy episodes for some time, hope not much time, but I guess it's fair, at this point...LOL!!! 

ETA: Almost forgetting..."Shut you damn mouth" was an homage to "Shut your..."!!! I knew it!!

I can't pinpoint it, but Molaro's interviews always bum me out a little bit... maybe it's his wording and/or maybe I'm taking things way too literally or something... 

I hope that even if there aren't anymore Shamy plots this season we'll get to see them being sweet and loving together in the background -- AND THEM BEING IN THE SAME ROOM WOULD BE NICE! 

I kept thinking the proposal was going to be the 200th despite that a lot of people kept saying it would be too obvious, but now based on Steve's interview maybe we won't even see the ring till the end of the season or even season 10...! (I really wanted them to be married on 10.2 so Amy's prediction would be correct!)

Maybe I'm being a needy-baby greedy-baby lol

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

An interview from Molaro

Thanks for sharing!

“It won’t come up immediately, but it will certainly be addressed at some point in the near future. We’re going to take a chance to take a step back from the weighty, heavy moments between Sheldon and Amy in the new year, and enjoy the rest of the characters and relationships going on there.”

hmmmm I can't tell if he's being serious about the ring being put on the back burner or if he's pulling another "Oh gee I dunno what we're gonna do for the new star wars release!" :rofl:

• Like 2

Lorre is no better...they don't do a good job of instilling confidence in end-game.....

Source:  http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2015/12/16/big-bang-ends-year-bang/77325534/

As for whether having sex means Sheldon and Amy will be together forever, Lorre also has no definitive answer.

“That’s a terrific question. Lots can happen in this world. A few years ago, if you had asked me if we would be discussing this story, I would have said, ‘Not a chance,’ ” he says. “So, I’m going to shut up now and not presume to know what’s coming.”

• Like 5

1 minute ago, A Shamy gal said:

So does that mean she's going to be going away to conferences a lot to keep them Shamy lite?

I didn't read this way; it said that there will not be "heavy" stuff for a while, so I guess some B\C plots, or them interacting with other characters. Not that Amy will not be out of town for the rest of the season...It's reasonable, there are more other stories to be told.

My guess is that the writers have decided that the next "coitus" will be the "ring", though...we should change our motto from #coitusiscoming into #theringiscoming. Maybe one of the main Shamy's characteristics is to raise expectations, so now they may try to create a new one!

• Like 4

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic