[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

37 minutes ago, YlvaBorealis89 said:

Haha I just have to reply to this because it's so cute! As a bearer of both glasses and contacts I can tell you that glasses during sex is not an option, for practical reasons. Her sight might not be too bad and in that case it's not a problem for her to go without while they're going under the covers.... I myself am blind as a bat and I need to wear contacts during... *ahem*...

Yep, same here.  When one is quite near-sighted and has, say, 20/500 vision like me, one would have to have their face pressed to the Waldo book as we saw.  In fact, you probably can't even read your own clock on the nightstand.  But glasses during sex?  No, but even with extreme myopia if you're going basic missionary (whoa, we went several days without a sexual position discussion, yay us!  I'm mentioning it now for purely scientific purposes...) you can still see your partner's face pretty well and look in each other's eyes, etc.. I don't think Amy missed a thing this time.  :icon_razz:

31 minutes ago, MAH_B said:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/17/big-bang-theory-sex-scene-sheldon-amy

Parsons: [looking at Bialik] Did you say that you were the one who first told me that we do it?

Bialik: No. We were passing in the hallway and I was like, “Did you read next week’s episode?”

Parsons: I was on my way to act. She had just finished her scene. She goes, “Did you read the episode?” I said, “What, do we f—?” She goes, “Yes.”

That’s how you found out?
Parsons: Yes! And in the middle of a taping!

Bialik: I never read scripts early.Terrible! I’m a bad person.

Oh my.

Hahahaha!!!!  Love how their descriptions of what he asked are different.

Mayim: "Do we do it?"

Jim: "Do we f---?"

33 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Tell me about it.  This one line has got my creative juices flowing.  I cannot wait to write this episode out in my FF story, not because of the lovemaking, but the sex talk between them as they try to figure things out together.  It will be both humorous and endearing, all because this one line showed me just how to do it in such Shamy fashion.

Aaaaaaaaaaand now I'm excited for two things today.

• Like 7

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, lpm said:

Thanks.  I thought Mayim was referring to herself.  I didn't see the interview as it one of those that says video not available.  

By the way, I just had this conversation with my hubby.

Hubby:  I'm surprised that Big Bang Theory isn't doing anything Star Wars related.

Me:  Actually, they are.

Hubby:  But aren't Sheldon and Amy going to have sex?

Me:  You'll see how it all fits in.  

Hubby:  Spoiler?

Me:  Not saying anything more.

Pun intended?  I think the scene cuts before that part.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, MAH_B said:

Parsons: I was on my way to act. She had just finished her scene. She goes, “Did you read the episode?” I said, “What, do we f—?” She goes, “Yes.”

My dear Lord, this bts stuff is awesome!

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, MAH_B said:

Parsons: [looking at Bialik] Did you say that you were the one who first told me that we do it?

Bialik: No. We were passing in the hallway and I was like, “Did you read next week’s episode?”

Oh my.

OMG... These.two.are.just.epic.together. LOL :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, MAH_B said:

Oh my.

potty mouth Jim is my spirit animal :icon_cheesygrin:

i bet they're both so sick of talking about this though! 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

My dear Lord, this bts stuff is awesome!

I can't wait for Mayim's grok post!!! 

35 minutes ago, lpm said:

Thanks.  I thought Mayim was referring to herself.  I didn't see the interview as it one of those that says video not available.  

By the way, I just had this conversation with my hubby.

Hubby:  I'm surprised that Big Bang Theory isn't doing anything Star Wars related.

Me:  Actually, they are.

Hubby:  But aren't Sheldon and Amy going to have sex?

Me:  You'll see how it all fits in.  

Hubby:  Spoiler?

Me:  Not saying anything more.

image.gif.814d6b920d9763642b466199aedb8e

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

potty mouth Jim is my spirit animal :icon_cheesygrin:

i bet they're both so sick of talking about this though! 

They are, we're not. 
But that's boring. Several interviews, saying the same thing over and over again...Probably something new will come up at the Comic Con 2016.

27 minutes ago, jlove said:

Yep, same here.  When one is quite near-sighted and has, say, 20/500 vision like me, one would have to have their face pressed to the Waldo book as we saw.  In fact, you probably can't even read your own clock on the nightstand.  But glasses during sex?  No, but even with extreme myopia if you're going basic missionary (whoa, we went several days without a sexual position discussion, yay us!  I'm mentioning it now for purely scientific purposes...) you can still see your partner's face pretty well and look in each other's eyes, etc.. I don't think Amy missed a thing this time.  :icon_razz:

Hahahaha!!!!  Love how their descriptions of what he asked are different.

Mayim: "Do we do it?"

Jim: "Do we f---?"

Aaaaaaaaaaand now I'm excited for two things today.

I'm extremely myopic too and of course it's a lot nicer when you can see and all that but like you said (for purely scientific purposes, naturally), you don't need eyes to f*ck :icon_cheesygrin: 

• Like 2

From the EW article

Entertainment Weekly: We’re very excited about this episode.
Mayim Bialik: Well apparently everyone is.

Just now getting that are you, Mayim?  Oh you sweet girl, you just don't get us in the same way Jim does, do you?

• Like 6

And this just floors me.  I mean she said it earlier but I still can't believe it.  How could you not?!

Bialik: Right. I also didn’t know we’d actually have a bed scene. I’ll just be honest about that.

Parsons: You mean on camera where we’re actually together and we –

Bialik: Yes. I didn’t think that was going to happen.

Edited by jlove
  • Like 3

And this little tidbit:

Does Sheldon only refer to it as coitus?
Parsons: I think it’s always coitus.

I'll just say again I would LOVE at some point for Sheldon to refer to it as making love.  No one else even has to comment on him doing so, but I would love to see that he has found that the clinical terminology just doesn't fit what it is.  That would be unbelievably sweet to me.

• Like 9

Now this was hilarious!! After watching all the sneak peeks I was so hyper excited!! TBH part of them reminded me strongly of a special night about 19 years ago... :wub:
Exactly at that moment my husband came home from work....-and I just grabbed him, hugged him, kissed him, told him how much I loved him, that he was the best thing that ever happened to me, and that if  I could go back in time I would marry him again...
You should have seen his face!! He looked at me and asked: "Honey, are you okay? Shall I call a doctor? Or a priest?" LOL!:rofl:

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, jlove said:

And this just floors me.  I mean she said it earlier but I still can't believe it.  How could you not?!

Bialik: Right. I also didn’t know we’d actually have a bed scene. I’ll just be honest about that.

Parsons: You mean on camera where we’re actually together and we –

Bialik: Yes. I didn’t think that was going to happen.

Maybe she thought they were not gonna make it a big deal? Like just mentioning it in lines without actually shooting a scene about it. 

• Like 1

It's funny that us as fans, even in the mist of all the angst and the painful moments we went through,  had a suspicion that in Season 9 finally "coitus was coming", watching how Sheldon was evolving and behaving, whereas the actors themselves were completely surprised by reading the script, so funny!!! Anyway, I get that, especially for Jim, it is a big change and it can be also scary, maybe as an actor (and not as the captain of our Ship) he was hoping  his character didn't go this rout...I mean, he (as well as the writers, of course, they took 5 years and a very slow growth for the couple to get there) might be scared that this could alienate the general audience; in his interviews he uses very often this word, related to the fact that he likes to play Sheldon mostly because the changes in the character were always constant in time, but so slow and so graciously put that the audience was always very supportive for them. This season everything changed very fast (compared with the previous seasons), there were very hard episodes for Sheldon, in each of them he learnt something and became more and more aware of his feelings and of the fact that he wants Amy in his life. That happened really really fast, and I guess it might be scary for an actor to wait for the audience reaction to such a big step. That's why maybe it was a  good decision to spill the beans so soon, audience (not us as fans, we obviously are more than happy...) have had the chance of getting used to the news. As far as I can tell, anyway, the general opinion is that it was about time to do the deed for them and most people are really interested in the development. There are some critical voices, but I got the impression, reading their comments, that they generally belong to the same people that already regret "vintage" Sheldon and didn't like the fact Mayim and Melissa joined the cast, so they  don't like the show anymore.

Now...another quiz for us...Exactly, in what scene of 9.10 (I assume that it was during the taping of this episode that the chat in the hallway took place) Jim was about to mess up everything since he was shocked by the new script? 

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Now...another quiz for us...Exactly, in what scene of 9.10 (I assume that it was during the taping of this episode that the chat in the hallway took place) Jim was about to mess up everything since he was shocked by the new script? 

It would have to have been one of the scenes without Amy. Fortunately in all of the non-Amy scenes in 9.10, he was supposed to be playing "stressed out," so feeling shocked could have only enhanced most of his scenes :)

• Like 3

I've got company Xmas do tomorrow and I need to get sleep or I will just be drunk again like last time, but I also need to watch shamy coitus, I can't trust myself to just wake up for the episode and then go back to bed, how can anyone sleep after that?????!!!

• Like 3

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic