[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Won't be able to watch it till after work tomorrow (aaaaarrrrggghhhh) but will be popping in this thread in the morning because I'm expecting LOADS of gifs and pics of cuddles and epic sex hair! Hehe that'll get me through work for the first few hours!

• Like 3

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, April said:

Yeah, the change of Sheldon is always such a delicate issue - and there will always be people who complain that he isn't "vintage Sheldon" anymore. I'm glad that the writers had the courage to embrace the change instead and have him grow over time. I find that so much more interesting to watch than the idea of keeping him in some sort of weird time capsule while everyone else is moving on. How sad would that be?

Oh, absolutely, I'm really happy they decided this way; it was really time, and not just because I'm a Shamy fan, so I obviously want my Ship to evolve; it's that I really think it has been an interesting journey since now and, to quote Jim's words "It was absolutely the right time"...It's interesting and challenging as a viewer in general to see characters evolving...

4 minutes ago, April said:

lol I was wondering that as well. They do film the episodes chronologically, right? So I take it it's in between one of the scenes in 314 and 4a since Mayim was just done with her scene and Jim was up for the next one. But either way they both knew before the final reconciliation scene at Amy's door. OMG

(For some reason that cracks me up! Idk what's wrong with me.)

Yes...that's my point either! They knew  at that point that the kisses should have been really convincing, given what was about to happen!!! LOL!!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, April said:

Yeah, the change of Sheldon is always such a delicate issue - and there will always be people who complain that he isn't "vintage Sheldon" anymore. I'm glad that the writers had the courage to embrace the change instead and have him grow over time. I find that so much more interesting to watch than the idea of keeping him in some sort of weird time capsule while everyone else is moving on. How sad would that be?

lol I was wondering that as well. They do film the episodes chronologically, right? So I take it it's in between one of the scenes in 314 and 4a since Mayim was just done with her scene and Jim was up for the next one. But either way they both knew before the final reconciliation scene at Amy's door. OMG

(For some reason that cracks me up! Idk what's wrong with me.)

this makes me wonder if this affected their acting in that scene at all -- did Jim maybe get a little bit more aggressive with the kisses knowing what happens in the next episode? 

I also wonder if Mayim was as nervous as Amy! 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

(thankfully I really don't see anything like this happening)

I really hope you are right, because Amy is in exactly the same position as Leonard was (separated from SO, with easy access to alcohol and members of the opposite sex), when he kissed Mandy Chao.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Just now, Stephen Hawking said:

I really hope you are right, but Amy is in exactly the same position as Leonard was (separated from SO, with easy access to alcohol and members of the opposite sex), when he kissed Mandy Chao.

Have you ever been to a science conference? Alcohol? (Attractive) members of the opposite sex? I mean, Leonard was out for 4 months, in a boat, a really intimate setting, making exciting researches...Believe me, a science conference is all but that; at least, unluckily, the ones I have to go are all but that!!!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, April said:

Sheldon doesn't like change, I guess it stands to reason some of his fans might feel the same way.

Personally, I love change. My favorite band is getting a lot of flack right now from old fans because they don't sound like they used to, but how boring would it be if they produced the same album over and over again?

19 hours ago, Cecilia said:
And let me add that Amy is simply gorgeous!!!!

Seconded. :maninlove: 

18 hours ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

I just realized I react to Majim the same way I react to puppies... 

You want to scratch her belly? :biggrin: 

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 2

I'm so miffed that I have to work tomorrow and can't stay up until 4 am to watch the episode! :icon_neutral: I had last week off and could stay up late, but this week I'm working and have to get a decent amount of sleep-time, or else I'll be a zombie tomorrow. However, I'm seriously considering getting up at 6 or 7 am to watch the episode and fangirl about it :shy:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Desdemona said: I know it sounds stupid, but when Amy walked into her bedroom, she had her glasses on, and when she was sitting in her bed, she didn´t wear them, so I guess Amy is short-sighted, right? Because she could find Sheldon´s face easily and I guess if she would be long-sighted, she would see everything that is right in front of her eyes unclear. Otherwise she would have left her glasses on, because I don´t think that she wants to miss any details of her first time, because she doesn´t see clear enough. Even if I must say, that it would be cute, if she bumped into Sheldon from time to time and apologizes.

Imagine Sheldon is under the blanket between Amy´s legs and wants to satisfy her, when she suddenly hits him with her knee, asking what that was.

Sheldon reappears, rubbing his head saying: "I was trying to inflame your loins."

Amy replies "Ok, go ahead" and smiles happily, while Sheldon disappears under the blanket again.

not so sure if shes near-sighted either....she couldnt find Waldo very well without glasses in the competition with Leonard (though she DID find him before Leonard lol)

She is probably very nearsighted. I know someone who is that bad.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EggCoriander said:

Sheldon doesn't like change, I guess it stands to reason some of his fans might feel the same way.

Personally, I love change. My favorite band is getting a lot of flack right now from old fans because they don't sound like they used to, but how boring would it be if they produced the same album over and over again?

Just out of curiosity. Are you talking about Coldplay? Today I was talking to a coworker who is going to a Coldplay concert and she told me that their new album is different from the other or something along the line.

What confused me is it seems like the writers and the actors don't want things to change too fast, yet they brought up the topic of engagement even back in last season.

Personally I was very surprised by the ring because I didn't think Sheldon was ready at all. I'm totally cool with they way they interacted in earlier seasons. If Sheldon needs time to grow up, that's fine. Just don't make him all grown up in one episode and back to him old self in the next one.

I don't know maybe I'm biased because I'm more of an Amy fan, it just frustrates me sometimes because all the writers and casts seem to be perfectly Ok with portraying Amy as this girl who wants romance, love and marriage so bad yet she waits for Sheldon almost indefinitely because they don't want to change Sheldon "too much". Yes it's good for the show, it's good for the audience, but it's not fair to Amy.

Well I guess it doesn't really matter because she's a supporting character and her main purpose on the show is to be Sheldon's girlfriend. It's just sad that they managed to make Amy such a loveable character in early seasons and now she only has storylines because of Sheldon. So when they want some episodes that focus less on Shamy, she's sent away to another city for two episodes (I mean is it really necessary to keep her THAT far? You could've let the girls hang out together, but no, apparently after coitus, a couple need to be kept thousands of miles away). When they want to show Sheldon's still the same, they pretend nothing happened and keep Amy waiting. At some point they may find it's finally time to show another growth of Sheldon, and we all know Amy will be there saying yes, with tears in her eyes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sylphadora said:

Just out of curiosity. Are you talking about Coldplay? Today I was talking to a coworker who is going to a Coldplay concert and she told me that their new album is different from the other or something along the line.

No, sorry. Was talking about Muse. 

But I think the spirit still applies. 

29 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

What confused me is it seems like the writers and the actors don't want things to change too fast, yet they brought up the topic of engagement even back in last season.

Personally I was very surprised by the ring because I didn't think Sheldon was ready at all. I'm totally cool with they way they interacted in earlier seasons. If Sheldon needs time to grow up, that's fine. Just don't make him all grown up in one episode and back to him old self in the next one.

I don't know maybe I'm biased because I'm more of an Amy fan, it just frustrates me sometimes because all the writers and casts seem to be perfectly Ok with portraying Amy as this girl who wants romance, love and marriage so bad yet she waits for Sheldon almost indefinitely because they don't want to change Sheldon "too much". Yes it's good for the show, it's good for the audience, but it's not fair to Amy.

Well I guess it doesn't really matter because she's a supporting character and her main purpose on the show is to be Sheldon's girlfriend. It's just sad that they managed to make Amy such a loveable character in early seasons and now she only has storylines because of Sheldon. So when they want some episodes that focus less on Shamy, she's sent away to another city for two episodes (I mean is it really necessary to keep her THAT far? You could've let the girls hang out together, but no, apparently after coitus, a couple need to be kept thousands of miles away). When they want to show Sheldon's still the same, they pretend nothing happened and keep Amy waiting. At some point they may find it's finally time to show another growth of Sheldon, and we all know Amy will be there saying yes, with tears in her eyes.

Because the point is that she wants all those things with Sheldon, and the breakup proved that. She tried to seek it elsewhere and ended up being miserable every time, the only time she finally smiled was in that aquarium with Sheldon. Amy has been patient for so long because she wanted those things with him, but more importantly she wanted to know he wanted a future with her and for her to be a priority to him as he is to her. We haven't seen Sheldon revert back at all in the next episode, quite the contrary: they reconciled, he spent her birthday with her on the next episode, and named an asteroid after her in the one after that, while they had some loving skype calls in both subsequent episodes. Other than in Table, he has never really reverted back entirely, mostly because it's not a matter of moving forward and leaving parts of him behind as much as adding sides to his persona that he didn't show/know he had before. So there's always still going to be the same old, same old Sheldon, but in addition to that, with every step, there's something extra in him.

I do agree that as a secondary character she's sadly often underdeveloped and that it's odd to have her skyping 2 weeks in a row,  but we don't know whether she was sent away in these two episodes because of that or because Mayim has been busy elsewhere. I also think they probably worn themselves out writing this breakup and now they need a bit of a breather, especially as they wind down for the holidays. I think writing post-consummation Shamy in person is going to take some thought, and they probably want to get at it with a clear mind after a the Xmas break as well as wait to see how tonight's episode is received. I think that although their statements can be a bit overly cautious (and I was a bit bummed by them earlier too!), but, thinking about it, we have to go with what's in the actual episodes, rather than the interviews. This year Molaro said Amy wasn't going to be dating and then she ended up dating two weeks later. He said that they had no plans to reconcile Shamy any time soon and that they might end up just staying friends, which made it sound like they would drag it out all year long or more, and now here we are: rekindled and radiant (to quote CBS)! He said that he didn't even want to think about consummation because they were so far from repairing their relationship back in October, and a month later they consummated. There seems to be a lot of inconsistency between the interviews and what ends up in the episodes. And the episodes to me look like everything but backtracking. 

• Like 9

On 12/16/2015 at 9:49 PM, ATOB said:

And which one of these scenarios do you think applies to Sheldon?  You don't specify.

As I said to the earlier poster, have a look at the gulp gifs again (I've no idea how to post them) and make your own mind up.  You know what you're looking for in regards to what 'lust' looks like, upturned mouth curve, perhaps lips slightly parted, dilated pupils, raised eyebrow, unconscious leaning nearer as opposed to downturned mouth, appearance of discomfort and fear etc.

In fact, hold on, compare them to this........not exactly lust, but Sheldon's expression is certainly flirty and interested around about his "Yeah."

And, no, I'm not a Shenny Shipper before you ask.  If you can find an example of him 'flirting' with Amy, then compare those gulp gifs to that.

If you do it, I'd be interested to know what you see, I honestly find it fascinating that we can watch the same clips and see different things.

like i said the scenarios i mentioned were the most common ones! And technically i didn't argue with your opinion about Sheldon, but with what you said about desire/panic attacks being mutually exclusive  : ) 

But regarding Sheldon - i believe his issues to react to sexual stuff the way he usually does are mainly :
- germophobia
- religious conditioning
- the fact that he's believed all his life that he's superior to sex, cause it creates problems in a few ways :
   1) he is a person of habit and it is highly uncomfortable for him to change opinion on himself about something, esp. something so monumental
   2) internal pride issues - he's just used to think he's superior to others, and now he's not
   3) external pride issues - others are gonna tease him about it if they find out.

I am not sure exactly which gulp gifs you're referring to cause i've missed the beginning of the conversation, but i guess you mean prom and the catholic school girl?
Now, with catholic school girl i agree, i don't think it's lust/attraction, but i also don't think it's fear. I interpret it as annoyance at Amy that she would not stop trying to change him and would not stop bringing it up again. I don't think it's fear at all, but rather annoyance at the fact she doesn't respect the way he chooses to think and live his life and be in this relationship (i.e. sexless). Annoyance at the fact she's trying to change him. Also i think he's kinda cautious cause he DOES love her, and he doesn't wanna upset her - and he's not THAT  clueless, he understands what's expected of him, he knows she hopes he'll like it, and it puts him in a bad position, that the way he's gonna react is gonan upset her.
I honestly see many layers in this, but basically i think Sheldon had more than just one level of prejudice against sex... Many of us in different life situations reject sex for different reasons (basically what my previous post was about), but deep inside we know it's not true... But Sheldon, i believe he first of all looked down on sex in general as on something lower class and unworthy, so it kinda blocked all his feelings. Then, when that shifted, he got to the other more human level , when you're rejecting it for whatever reason because you don't think you can go throw with it, while actually deep inside you're aware want it.

And so in the prom episode i see his gulps totally as being overwhelmed kind of gulps. I see it as attraction that he doesn't know how to deal with.

I agree the body language you mentioned is 'typical' for lust, BUT for people who don't have many issues / or have issues but don't have a great level of self control. If you have issues (that make you think for w/e reason sex is too overwhelming) AND have great self control, you'll be controlling all the 'usual' urges.. ohh anyway it's getting too long.

Bottom line is, you'll believe Sheldon is asexual, i'll believe he is not, and there's nothing we can do ; )

Regarding the Shenny clip, don't worry , i don't hate Shenny ; ) AND i agree Sheldon had a 'typical' expression of interest/flirt then. BUT to me pilot is not canon, Penny, Leonard and Sheldon are all SUPER different there (in my opinion ) from later seasons... He is not that shy there, and more social. Even his panicky line (one of my favs  haha ) "chat?.. we dont chat! at least not offline!" suggests that he's interested in human interaction, just nervous... In later seasons he acted quite different, and disinterested in human interactions in general usually, not just romantic ones.

PS I can not think of any moments i would consider Sheldon 'flirting' with Amy... Many moments of love, and some moments of sexual innuendos (thanks season 9). But to me those are totally signs of attraction in themselves, actually way more than flirting 

Edited by brilliantfool
  • Like 2

Just because Sheldon and Amy are a couple again doesn’t mean we have seen the last of her ex, played by Stephen Merchant. “He’s a busy guy, but the door is wide open for him to come back,” showrunner Steve Molaro tells me. “We were honored to have him.”

http://tvline.com/2015/12/17/cary-gay-the-good-wife-sexuality-season-7-spoilers/

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mphs95 said:

I feel the urge to play The Final Countdown right now. Who's with me?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

And I feel the urge to make a compillation of the best Shamy moments who led to the coitus with 'Ode to Joy' as background. An epic opera as the soundtrack of an epic love story.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, koops said:

There seems to be a lot of inconsistency between the interviews and what ends up in the episodes. And the episodes to me look like everything but backtracking. 

I keep saying this but those interviews are really not made with us fans/shippers in mind. They are for the general audience, they're meant to tease and throw out a lot of speculative points that get people interested and generate some click-baity headlines for the tabloids. Sure, you get some interesting insights now and then - especially when it's an episode that already aired or they're talking about known plot points. But personally, I'd take anything about future events and developments with a grain of salt.

As you point out, the final episodes show their true intentions and the direction they want to take the show, and more specifically the characters and their development. And right now everything is pointing towards a permanent shift within Sheldon and he's making Amy more of a priority, truly appreciating her as part of his life and being more open about his feelings. And it isn't even that these things were completely absent before - it's just that now he's not in denial anymore and everything seems to fall into place as he has sorted out his heart.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, koops said:

Because the point is that she wants all those things with Sheldon, and the breakup proved that. She tried to seek it elsewhere and ended up being miserable every time, the only time she finally smiled was in that aquarium with Sheldon. Amy has been patient for so long because she wanted those things with him, but more importantly she wanted to know he wanted a future with her and for her to be a priority to him as he is to her. We haven't seen Sheldon revert back at all in the next episode, quite the contrary: they reconciled, he spent her birthday with her on the next episode, and named an asteroid after her in the one after that, while they had some loving skype calls in both subsequent episodes. Other than in Table, he has never really reverted back entirely, mostly because it's not a matter of moving forward and leaving parts of him behind as much as adding sides to his persona that he didn't show/know he had before. So there's always still going to be the same old, same old Sheldon, but in addition to that, with every step, there's something extra in him.

I do agree that as a secondary character she's sadly often underdeveloped and that it's odd to have her skyping 2 weeks in a row,  but we don't know whether she was sent away in these two episodes because of that or because Mayim has been busy elsewhere. I also think they probably worn themselves out writing this breakup and now they need a bit of a breather, especially as they wind down for the holidays. I think writing post-consummation Shamy in person is going to take some thought, and they probably want to get at it with a clear mind after a the Xmas break as well as wait to see how tonight's episode is received. I think that although their statements can be a bit overly cautious (and I was a bit bummed by them earlier too!), but, thinking about it, we have to go with what's in the actual episodes, rather than the interviews. This year Molaro said Amy wasn't going to be dating and then she ended up dating two weeks later. He said that they had no plans to reconcile Shamy any time soon and that they might end up just staying friends, which made it sound like they would drag it out all year long or more, and now here we are: rekindled and radiant (to quote CBS)! He said that he didn't even want to think about consummation because they were so far from repairing their relationship back in October, and a month later they consummated. There seems to be a lot of inconsistency between the interviews and what ends up in the episodes. And the episodes to me look like everything but backtracking. 

The first part, yes, that's what the writers tried to tell us. Don't you think it's a little bit forced? That the only guy she had interests in after their break up is a fan of Sheldon's? If they set her up with a really nice guy and she still found herself unhappy, that may be more convincing. I get it this is a comedy and I looooooooove Dave. Still, not playing fair, writers.

The second part, how I wish you were right.

I guess when they added Amy and Bernie, especially since they portrayed Amy so well even though she didn't have a lot of screen time, I just assumed the show would be more like Friends where the characters are equally focused. Well I was wrong. After season 4 and 5, Amy just went back to do the job she was originally supposed to do on the show, being Sheldon's girlfriend.

Edited by camelliayao

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic