The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

20 minutes ago, ashleyo85 said:

I'm actually EXTREMELY surprised Mayim agreed to do this scene... and TBH, a little surprised they even asked her to do that since I'm sure they're well aware of her personal convictions on modesty. I'm sure they could have had her covered up somehow

She has done this exact scene before in 2005... it's not something new. This one of course is a lot funnier and cuter. 

12 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

Nah, sorry. :mellow:

This thread is very quiet. I think people are dead.

comatose  is more like it... state of nirvana... basking in the after- glow... some people may be outside having a cigarette or two.... :brunette:

Edited by kelliluvtbbt
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I am thinking because it probably would make Sheldon look too sappy and romantic, and not himself.   At least we got the handholding and got to see the kiss in bed beforehand.

I enjoyed the episode from beginning to end, but I must say that it does seem Sheldon was doing it more for Amy than for himself, and that disappointed me a little.   I wished it had a little more of him desiring rather than just deciding the time was right.

It seems he does think he can wait until their next birthday to do it again.  Trying to set a schedule, Sheldon?  Like sex only happens on special occasions?  I don't think Amy will let him, or perhaps she is agreement that he gave it to he so well that she can hold out another year.   

It is Shamy after all, and they don't do things like other couples.

I actually agree with most of this and it's making me a bit sad ((

I'll just keep drinking my wine, hoping the episode is uploaded somewhere soon, and hoping they'll release an extended version WITH THE FREAKING CUDDLING! I NEED IT!

It was probably, imo, a 60-40 thing but after having a taste... we might actually see his 'desire' build up. He has never done this before, didn't know what to expect but when Sheldon likes something... it is surely going to happen again and again and again... because he wants to do it...a  lot.

I'm hoping he's gonna get addicted to it like to blueberries

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

It was probably, imo, a 60-40 thing but after having a taste... we might actually see his 'desire' build up. He has never done this before, didn't know what to expect but when Sheldon likes something... it is surely going to happen again and again and again... because he wants to do it...a  lot.

It's just like kissing. He did it out of anger at first ( although when Amy kissed him in season 4, he liked it), he added it to the relationship agreement... then in 8.24 when Amy took it all away, it was him complaining about goodbye kissy face. Then in 9.10- it's like he super glued himself to her lips and body. That will happen with coitus too. :) 

I'm looking forward to it, and I believe you with his expression afterward.

One thing I noticed was that he laid there on his back looking very accomplished but calm in breath, while Amy was breathing heavily.   Did I miss something?  Penny gave him some tips.   I wonder if they had coitus and then he did something else to Amy afterward.    They were in the bedroom for several hours.  One can imagine.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I am thinking because it probably would make Sheldon look too sappy and romantic, and not himself.   At least we got the handholding and got to see the kiss in bed beforehand.

I enjoyed the episode from beginning to end, but I must say that it does seem Sheldon was doing it more for Amy than for himself, and that disappointed me a little.   I wished it had a little more of him desiring rather than just deciding the time was right.

It seems he does think he can wait until their next birthday to do it again.  Trying to set a schedule, Sheldon?  Like sex only happens on special occasions?  I don't think Amy will let him, or perhaps she is agreement that he gave it to he so well that she can hold out another year.   

It is Shamy after all, and they don't do things like other couples.

I think that was a good for a laugh meaning they would only do it on a birthday. I am sure they will do it more often and it will be hilarious as they explore this new time together

• Like 5

Just now, jenafan said:

I'm looking forward to it, and I believe you with his expression afterward.

One thing I noticed was that he laid there on his back looking very accomplished but calm in breath, while Amy was breathing heavily.   Did I miss something?  Penny gave him some tips.   I wonder if they had coitus and then he did something else to Amy afterward.    They were in the bedroom for several hours.  One can imagine.

Tantric sex, perhaps?

3 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Shall you be addressing this in your fanfic story? :wink:

• Like 3

As spoiled shippers, we knew about the post-coital hugging.  However, there are many out there who don't and won't worry about it.

Loved the episode!  Can't wait to watch it again tomorrow!

Well I'm done with my wine and post shamy sex cigarette, so I must say this is Mayim's emmy episode...just my opinion

• Like 7

This...

Amy: "Wait Sheldon... Were you actually not gonna spend my birthday with me?"

Sheldon: "It's late, gotta go, bye."

LOL they sound like a married couple

• Like 8

Overall, a very good episode.  

The Shamy coitus was welcome, but I spent more time laughing than melting at the Shamy scenes.  

For one, Sheldon is still clueless.   I cannot believe he had to ask Bernie and Penny if Amy would actually want coitus with him.   Then after so many years of mocking sex, he looked stunned that the girls were questioning his consideration and readiness for it.   Normally, Penny would be like "Finally. Yes.  Go for it."   However, she was actually feeling him out to see if he was sure.    When he acknowledged that it was settled and he would give Amy his genitals for her birthday, he didn't seemed enthused, but more relieved that he found the answer he was seeking and his mind was finally made up about it.

As already stated, it seemed to me that Sheldon was doing it mostly for Amy because he wanted to make her happy and show her how much she means to him, not because he wanted sex, per say.   He made up his mind and went along with his decision, but if it didn't happen, I don't think it would have bothered him at all.    

I'm not trying to be a downer here.   I loved everything they did, but I didn't get the romantic or desire vibes from Sheldon as I had hoped.   It appeared to me like he felt this was something he had to do to make it right for Amy and to take their relationship to the next level.  To me, he is still the same Sheldon as always, but he is thinking about his decisions and making a purposeful attempt not to take Amy for granted and to show her how much she means to him.   As much as Sheldon loves Amy and tries to show his feelings, when left to his own devices, it seems he will always be somewhat methodical rather than idealistic about it.

The fact they cut the cuddling at the end kind of sealed it for me that although Sheldon enjoyed their physical activity, and it was good for both of them, he is still somewhat reserved in expressing himself on an intimate level.  Our romantic hearts want to call it lovemaking, but I think what has been said in the interviews is correct.   To Sheldon, it is in fact just coitus.   If Amy had never entered his life, he'd have no desire whatsoever to ever engage and would have been content to evolve into a superior being to live forever or die as a virgin.

I want to reiterate that I loved what they did, but I got myself hyped up for more than what we got from Sheldon's side.  Perhaps others' view points can help me to see something that I'm not.

On another note, I would have thought Amy would have been more excited about the flowers, after making such a big deal about it last Season, but perhaps the other gift over-shadowed it.

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Kazzie your description did not disappoint. Sheldon gave it to her, well...LOL

Great episodes all the way around.

And his half-smile like I did a good job, kk

• Like 3

Literally got up in the middle of the night to watch this episode and I am so on cloud 9 that I don't even care I have to get up for work in 2 and a half hours.

What a perfect episode. I loved the blend of sweetness and comedy, especially the parallel between Shamy's first time and the guy's 'first time' with SW!!

I was initially disappointed they cut the hug but after thinking about it, I'm glad we got the kiss in bed instead. After seeing the ads I thought it would be frustrating not to see them kiss after moving in so close. So I can live without the hug.

Best parts? Sheldon's face as he watches Amy come into the room and then get into bed. There was such love and care in his face (well done Jim!). That, coupled with the ensuing dialogue, made for the most perfect 'first time' in a sitcom (or ever).

Can't wait for more and hopefully so comedy around Sheldon not quite able to wait until Amy's next birthday! I may be alone, but I'd love to see a mini-fight which concludes in angry make up sex. Haha!!

• Like 7

Loved it! Still processing, but I did notice he said "I look forward to your next birthday when we do it again." I hear this differently than "can't wait until your birthday so we can do it again," which is what I was expecting. The way he actually says it doesn't sound like he's for sure about waiting until her bday. In fact, they could do it again tomorrow, and the statement doesn't change; he could still be looking forward to the next birthday romp. Just sayin'.

Edit: this gives me hope for more bow chicka bow bow, like soonish.

Edited by MAH_B
  • Like 7