The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

As much as I would like to have seen the hug, since this is a comedy I think the joke of her being OK with waiting til her next bday was a better way to end the scene.  I'm happy just knowing the hug was once there.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ashleyo85 said:

#coitushascome

#andsodidShledonandAmy

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I'm sitting here not so patiently waiting to see this episode!

In the mean time I have a new fave picture of anything, ever!: 
56737ae126dd3_ScreenShot2015-12-18at03.1

"Do we F?" - you F AF Jim, AF! :rofl: 

I love Mayim's scrunched smile while he's dropping the f bomb! haha! 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Gbb said:

Jena, I almost always agree with your take on things, but not this time for the reasons I outlined in my post above. No one pushed Sheldon to this (besides his own subconscious), no one was pressuring him. Things with Amy were better than ever. He did it because he (and Little Sheldon) wanted to, and yes, because he loves Amy and knew it would make her happy.  Of course, he wasn't sure how well it would go.  What 37 year old virgin with his hang ups would be?

I'm sorry you were disappointed, but the last scene proved to me he was more than happy with his choice, and it was good for him too. 

Thank you.   The reason for my post, is because I want others to convince me to see Sheldon's desire.   So far, you are doing a great job, and I do not refute or disagree with your statements at all.   I welcome them.  

I'm actually going to go back and watch the episode now to see how I could have missed it.  

In the beginning, Sheldon was pressured by Penny and Leonard to reconsider putting SW before Amy.   That is when his subconscious went into action.   He even told PP that this was what his friends were telling him he needed to do, not have coitus with Amy, but to spend her birthday with her.    So, I see that the issue was in spending her birthday with her.   The coitus as a gift was 100% his idea.

I think the part that disappoints me the most is that they did cut the cuddling scene at the end.

Sheldon saying he was looking forward to, not can't wait for, her next birthday to do it again caught me wrong, however, I assume he is already making plans for next year, without ruling out the time between now and then.

So, is Amy assured coitus with Sheldon as a birthday present every year now?   I know a few men who would love to have such an annual guarantee from their women. 

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Overall, a very good episode.  

The Shamy coitus was welcome, but I spent more time laughing than melting at the Shamy scenes.  

For one, Sheldon is still clueless.   I cannot believe he had to ask Bernie and Penny if Amy would actually want coitus with him.   Then after so many years of mocking sex, he looked stunned that the girls were questioning his consideration and readiness for it.   Normally, Penny would be like "Finally. Yes.  Go for it."   However, she was actually feeling him out to see if he was sure.    When he acknowledged that it was settled and he would give Amy his genitals for her birthday, he didn't seemed enthused, but more relieved that he found the answer he was seeking and his mind was finally made up about it.

As already stated, it seemed to me that Sheldon was doing it mostly for Amy because he wanted to make her happy and show her how much she means to him, not because he wanted sex, per say.   He made up his mind and went along with his decision, but if it didn't happen, I don't think it would have bothered him at all.    

I'm not trying to be a downer here.   I loved everything they did, but I didn't get the romantic or desire vibes from Sheldon as I had hoped.   It appeared to me like he felt this was something he had to do to make it right for Amy and to take their relationship to the next level.  To me, he is still the same Sheldon as always, but he is thinking about his decisions and making a purposeful attempt not to take Amy for granted and to show her how much she means to him.   As much as Sheldon loves Amy and tries to show his feelings, when left to his own devices, it seems he will always be somewhat methodical rather than idealistic about it.

The fact they cut the cuddling at the end kind of sealed it for me that although Sheldon enjoyed their physical activity, and it was good for both of them, he is still somewhat reserved in expressing himself on an intimate level.  Our romantic hearts want to call it lovemaking, but I think what has been said in the interviews is correct.   To Sheldon, it is in fact just coitus.   If Amy had never entered his life, he'd have no desire whatsoever to ever engage and would have been content to evolve into a superior being to live forever or die as a virgin.

I want to reiterate that I loved what they did, but I got myself hyped up for more than what we got from Sheldon's side.  Perhaps others' view points can help me to see something that I'm not.

On another note, I would have thought Amy would have been more excited about the flowers, after making such a big deal about it last Season, but perhaps the other gift over-shadowed it.

I have to say I agree with you.

• Like 1

I'm torn. I strongly think everyone should say exactly what they think, but I'm afraid the thread is harshing my buzz. Maybe I'll go rewatch and get back to my Shamy happy place. 

image.jpeg

Edited by Gbb
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Thank you.   The reason for my post, is because I want others to convince me to see Sheldon's desire.   So far, you are doing a great job, and I do not refute or disagree with your statements at all.   I welcome them.  

I'm actually going to go back and watch the episode now to see how I could have missed it.  

In the beginning, Sheldon was pressured by Penny and Leonard to reconsider putting SW before Amy.   That is when his subconscious went into action.   He even told PP that this was what his friends were telling him he needed to do, not have coitus with Amy, but to spend her birthday with her.    So, I see that the issue was in spending her birthday with her.   The coitus as a gift was 100% his idea.

I think the part that disappoints me the most is that they did cut the cuddling scene at the end.

Sheldon saying he was looking forward to, not can't wait for, her next birthday to do it again caught me wrong, however, I assume he is already making plans for next year, without ruling out the time between now and then.

So, is Amy assured coitus with Sheldon as a birthday present every year now?   I know a few men who would love to have such an annual guarantee from their women. 

If you didn't know the scene was there, you wouldn't have been disappointed because you wouldn't have known.

12 minutes ago, Gbb said:

I'm torn. I strongly think everyone should say exactly what they think, but I'm afraid the thread is harshing my buzz. Maybe I'll go rewatch and get back to my Shamy happy place. 

image.jpeg

I have an idea of why some people were disappointed with some things and one of the reasons is probably because there was SO MUCH promotion for this episode that it was almost as if we have already seen half of it lol. Another thing is I know I personally was disappointed that they took out the post-coitus cuddling but I was SO happy they had them kiss in bed! I'm greedy and would've loved to have both, but Kazzie saw it happen so it happened!!! And there's one more reason I think people are bummed but I'm not going to say why because chances are, if you were partly disappointed in this episode, you know what I'm talking about lol. 

I thought it was an extremely sweet and funny episode and it's so clear how madly in love Shamy is and how they never stopped being even while they were broken up <3 

I am SO happy!!!! 

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, ashleyo85 said:

#coitushascome

Sheldon came

17 minutes ago, Gbb said:

image.jpeg

My honest opinion: YAY COITUS FINALLY HAPPENED AND IT WAS AWESOME!!! BUUUUT...They could have shown a little bit more of excitment at the aftermath. A B- episode to me. Four stars out of five. 9.5/10.

• Like 1

@Jenafan  You're over thinking again sweetie.

Watch the second kiss (when he tries to pull up a contract) with the sound off.  Do this as many times as you like.  Just watch him and tell me what you see.

I gotta go to bed now.  I'll see you guys in the morning.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, nickelette424 said:

I disagree here.  I think maybe some are missing that HE WANTS AND NEEDS to show Amy how he feels about her.  He wants this as well, even if a lot of that comes from the fact that he knows it will make her happy.  Making someone happy isn't something that it is just for that someone.  It's not a totally selfless act.  We get something out of it as it makes us happy and feel good as well.  There are different ways and reasons why people feel desire or turned on or whatever and here I got the impression that Sheldon's desire for sex came from the need to express to her how he feels.  Some people have sex just to an itch scratched.  Some have sex because they need it as an expression of how they feel.

Also, I found Sheldon extremely romantic.  That whole first scene of them in bed was so beautiful, intimate and romantic.  I found his words of comfort when she was so nervous she seemed near tears, "We can find out together", to be one of the sweetest, most romantic things ever uttered on this show.  His gentle calm to me spoke volumes that he was so sure, so happy and so at peace with what was about to happen.  It is also important to note that he said that this was an important night for BOTH of them, not just her.

No worries.  I think more people are with you than you think.  I see a lot of happy posters here.

I just want to clarify that I never said I wasn't happy.  I loved the episode.   I love where Shamy are at, and I plan to continue writing about it.    I just had some concerns about some of my impressions on Sheldon's actions.

Now I feel bad that expressing myself is harshing everyone's buzz.    I never meant to do that, nor does it mean I am not with you all.  I'm sorry.

I went back and rewatched the episode, and I see things a little more clearly, especially the bold part in your statement.

22 minutes ago, lpm said:

If you didn't know the scene was there, you wouldn't have been disappointed because you wouldn't have known.

A very good point you make.   Now I understand why some choose to go spoiler free.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 5

Just wondering  - is Amy on the pill ?

I rather think if Sheldon was going to take care of that side of things he would have made a song and dance

about buying what he needed.

Will there be an extra member of the cast by the end of the season ? :)

4 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I just want to clarify that I never said I wasn't happy.  I loved the episode.   I love where Shamy are at, and I plan to continue writing about it.    I just had some concerns about some of my impressions on Sheldon's actions.

Now I feel bad that expressing myself is harshing everyone's buzz.    I never meant to do that, nor does it mean I am not with you all.  I'm sorry.

I went back and rewatched the episode, and I see things a little more clearly, especially the bold part in your statement.

Pls don't feel bad for expressing your point of view! I actually admire you for being brave and always saying what you think. While i'm usually happy and with the majority, occasionally i feel like my opinion is different from most and i kind of refrain from properly expressing it cause i don't wanna harsh everyone's buzz / don't want people to disagree with me since i really hate fights and arguments.

But I feel exactly like you do about this episode (which is weird, because i think usually we see most shamy things very differently! often opposite : ). But i do feel exactly like what you're expressing. I love love love this episode, and it was hella funny, but i'd be lying if i said it lived up to my expectations in the most important part (for me) - that Sheldon would be wanting it as much as she did. It did look to me too that he was mainly doing that for her : ( . And while i agree with others that it's like with the kisses, that now that he got the taste of it, he'll grow to love it more and more and soon enough will be loving it, it kinda made me feel the same.. like right now he was doing it mainly for her, and it upset me a little.

While I too, having watched it for the 2nd and 3d time, liked it much more. Still...

PS i am also very sorry if i'm harshing everyone's buzz! But i think we should all be able to express openly what we feel about the show  : )

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, jenafan said:

A very good point you make.   Now I understand why some choose to go spoiler free.

Jena, you can expression yourself here.  That's what this place is for.  However, with that comes the possibility that others may disagree with you, and that's okay.  Don't apologize for how you feel, but maybe you shouldn't take it so hard when people don't agree.  You do you.  :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 3