The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

1 hour ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

for #tbt: 

image.gif.6363fdd72d6742e58fdef5309bb8d3image.gif.e2b99edbc927207a680e4590c353a5

well played, writers <3 

(credit to foxmvlders.tumblr.com)

Love this X 456872883285267

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, nickelette424 said:

Jena, you can expression yourself here.  That's what this place is for.  However, with that comes the possibility that others may disagree with you, and that's okay.  Don't apologize for how you feel, but maybe you shouldn't take it so hard when people don't agree.  You do you.  :icon_cheesygrin:

It's not the disagreeing.   It's that my expressions are killing other peoples' good moods that bugs me.

2 hours ago, BBTGUY said:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-how-will-843827

I think this article really backs up your point with the quotes from Molaro and Lorre. At the moment he may not put too much stock into more frequent coitus, but now that he has a taste of it and likes it and is good at it, how long will take before he gets the itch to do it again?

I for one, believe that they will be doing it again sooner rather than later. 

Thank you for this link!

"Sex plays a very small part in his life and I've always found that to be one of the most wonderful things bout Sheldon's character: that he opted out of that part of life that everyone else assumes we should be obsessed with," Lorre says. "He's chosen not to be. From the very beginning, it's just not something that holds a lot of interest for him." ~ Chuck Lorre 

jay-z-sipping-tea-o.gif.b09184a5c4a9d718

• Like 2

I love it!!! Shamy is so cute. Sheldon is so cute. Amy is awesome...

I only want to say a thing... Im a little disappointed with the post-coitus. I hoped to see a little chest of Jim or something a little different...I dont know, for me it's weird...

But Ey!Its amazing!! Sheldon was so cute with Amy. Im watching this episode a milion times.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MAH_B said:

First off, @jenafan, I know you said you wanted people to convince you otherwise, so I'm hoping you're not feeling ganged up on. I usually really agree with your assessments; tonight, I'm seeing things a bit more rose colored. Just don't feel afraid to share your thoughts or anything!! AND, more importantly, please feel free to write a dreamy/steamy (improved) version in your amazing FF!! Can't wait to read!

Now next order of business, I've done some important research here, namely rewinding and replaying the couch "give it to me"/contract scene 274 times, and just....swoon!! There's so much to say, and I'm not thinking clearly enough to say any of it, but imma gonna try:

- Sheldon says "I see" and looks her up and down, like down her body and stuff. Her body!! Sexy.

- after the first kiss, he gulps. And say what you want, but I'm just going to go ahead and call that arousal in reaction to the smooch (imho)

- licks his lips after she says "yes!" (omg omg!!!)

- meelllllttts into the second kiss. He's all in. And nothing will convince me that he doesn't want to be there. doing that. with her. at that moment.

sigh. Just so sweet. My stomach flips every time. Even if the other parts  weren't so good (and I think they are!!), this scene would be enough to make the episode for me.

I took Kathy's advice and watched the episode again with the sound off, and without the words, it is a lot easier to see the action and makes a big difference.   I plan to use this technique in the future.

Sheldon's restlessness with his hands, and he couldn't seem to sit still was an excellent indication of his nervousness.

He puckered to receive the first kiss.  I love the 2nd kiss where Sheldon's hand comes around to her shoulder and he's absorbing himself into it.

I thought Sheldon winked at one point before Amy got under the covers, but I couldn't slow down the video to be sure.

Mayim's acting on Amy's nervousness was spot on believable.   I loved the "Hello" and how Sheldon jumped at her "Hi."

My favorite scene is when he is in the bed watching her being all nervous gathering the covers around her, and he just smiling so hard.   I loved that we got to see the kiss in the bed, that they moved into each other.

They were both so stunned at the outcome that they could only look up at the ceiling and not at each other while holding hands.   That was just priceless.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Thank you for this link!

"Sex plays a very small part in his life and I've always found that to be one of the most wonderful things bout Sheldon's character: that he opted out of that part of life that everyone else assumes we should be obsessed with," Lorre says. "He's chosen not to be. From the very beginning, it's just not something that holds a lot of interest for him." ~ Chuck Lorre 

jay-z-sipping-tea-o.gif.b09184a5c4a9d718

Unfortunately, all this article has done is prove my concerns stated earlier.   I certainly do hope over time that Sheldon does build up desire and it will be more frequent than once a year, but that's for he and Amy to decide.   I cannot believe Amy would want to wait that long if Sheldon is just that damn good, and I hope they don't go back to making her have to or settling for Sheldon just giving it to her.

I am amused at myself because I finished up my last FF, with Sheldon being exactly this way enjoying coitus but having to build up the desire over time.   However, I had just hoped to see something different on screen.

One thing that I am glad that has been cleared up, is that his attitudes on sex are a choice.  He's "opted out".   I look forward to him realizing that "opting out" will not be an easy feat any longer, now that he knows the end result.

Do I think he will wait until Amy's next birthday?   NO!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, jenafan said:

It's not the disagreeing.   It's that my expressions are killing other peoples' good moods that bugs me.

I always find your posts very insightful. I might not agree with everything but I'm open to see how different people interpret what I'm seeing. Sometime things are pointed out that I've missed. Then I just have to keep rewatching the episodes to find those moments, such a sacrifice :wink:

On a whole I've found the Shamy thread alot gentler and easier going then the other threads. Some I don't bother going into because I know I'm going to read something way to negative. I've only seen a few posts here that make me want to scream but I just ignore those. Overall 99.9% of things the posted are very interesting and insightful.

Edited by tayryn
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Unfortunately, all this article has done is prove my concerns stated earlier.   I certainly do hope over time that Sheldon does build up desire and it will be more frequent than once a year, but that's for he and Amy to decide.   I cannot believe Amy would want to wait that long if Sheldon is just that damn good, and I hope they don't go back to making her have to or settling for Sheldon just giving it to her.

I am amused at myself because I finished up my last FF, with Sheldon being exactly this way enjoying coitus but having to build up the desire over time.   However, I had just hoped to see something different on screen.

One thing that I am glad that has been cleared up, is that his attitudes on sex are a choice.  He's "opted out".   I look forward to him realizing that "opting out" will not be an easy feat any longer, now that he knows the end result.

Do I think he will wait until Amy's next birthday?   NO!

I'm sorry everybody but I can't hold it anymore.

I sooooo agree with you.

What hits me is not the next birthday line, but what he said to Bernie and Penny. He said “Intimacy in any form has been challenging for me but I’d like to show her how important she is. And it feels like now maybe the right time.” This seems to me that intimacy is still challenging for him, but he'll do it anyway because Amy needs it even though he doesn't really want it. That's just so wrong to me. I can't imagine anyone having sex with that reason.

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

I agree with this A LOT! And I think while we may not have necessarily seen any particularly lustful actions on Sheldon's part before they got to it (I think this is what jenafan was somewhat getting at), I believe once they let the nervousness fade and they let their sexual instincts take over (and once the cameras were off since this isn't an HBO show lol) Sheldon began to see how much he was pleasing Amy physically (as well as emotionally) which made him give in to his rapidly increasing need for her physically as well, and he became extremely turned on by Amy's responses to his.... "handiwork" :wink: We just didn't get to see this part! But the post-coital pillow talk, afterglow, hand holding, panting, euphoric smiles, and sex hair suggests Sheldon's force (that we have questioned the existence of for 9 years) did in fact awaken! 

edit: And you can also tell that many of the things purposely left out of these scenes such as any real indication of Sheldon lusting for Amy (as well as the hippie-dippie cuddle scene they literally filmed but cut out) is the writers trying to emphasize that "don't worry, Sheldon is in love but he's still Sheldon!" that way we shippers can know that off screen Sheldon is Amy's snuggle bunny and enjoys kissing and sex, but the more old school Sheldon fans (usually more casual viewers) don't have to see it, lol. I think the writers are finding a wonderful balance :) 

I love this post.  Thank you!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

I guess I took the THR write-up differently.  I looked at it as they could go several ways with Sheldon and one of those could be that he realizes he wants sex more than he expects.

It seems to me that Chuck is saying that for now, so soon after, he is able to still compartmentalize his relationship with Amy from work, playtime with the boys, etc.  But it will be interesting to see if he can still be successful at doing so and not let wanting sex with Amy become more dominant.   I could be misinterpreting this, but it sounds like they are still trying to figure out where the most comedy will come from.   Seeing  Sheldon remain stoic is not nearly as interesting as watching him struggle with urges and desires and try to stuff those into "compartments" based on "agreements", etc. and then "breaking" his rules because he can't keep up with them and so rationalizes ways to break the rules. :laugh:   

I wasn't too much of a fan of the earlier quotes in this article, but I took this quote the very same way.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I don't think for one minute that sex will be an annual event for them at all...

Here is a list of things Sheldon had no interest in pre 3x23 :

• Having a girlfriend
  • Date nights
  • Holding hands
  • Kissing

He gradually grew to a point where those were all things that he wanted and he didn't even notice that those things had become something that he needed until Amy took them away. He's spent 6(ish) months pining for her and when he went to her door to declare her his 'heart worm' he couldn't keep his hands off of her! 

Before this episode people were speculating that he was planning Coitus with Amy just because he knows that's what she wants but then why would he ask Bernadette and Penny "which do you think she would prefer?" if he knew she wanted it why ask her friends? he asks her on the couch "is that alright?" then asks for verbal confirmation *pinches his precious cheeks* he's nervous and describes the event as "an important night for us" to Proton, Us not her. 

Sheldon says "Intimacy, in any form, has been challenging for me but I'd like to show her how important she is and it it feels like now might be the right time" like he's been waiting for the right time to broach the subject, who knows how long he has been waiting to play that card! I suspect it's only since the reconciliation though like he's worried about all the lost time they spent apart.

Proton says "You can see this movie whenever you want but you only have a limited number of days that you can be with this woman ... be with her!" - Sheldon's subconscious is telling him to 'be with her' *squees* 

I'm guessing that 'making love' will be added to the above list soon and I loved Amy's "That works for me" she isn't going to press the point, I hope that their physical relationship will blossom *giggles* at a slow and steady pace the way their overall relationship has, they are complete n00bs at this and they have a lot of learning and growing to do, the fact that they get to do that together with the one they love is just beautiful to me! I feel like puking a rainbow! ... that may just be my hangover though :rofl: 

image.jpeg

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

I guess I took the THR write-up differently.  I looked at it as they could go several ways with Sheldon and one of those could be that he realizes he wants sex more than he expects.

It seems to me that Chuck is saying that for now, so soon after, he is able to still compartmentalize his relationship with Amy from work, playtime with the boys, etc.  But it will be interesting to see if he can still be successful at doing so and not let wanting sex with Amy become more dominant.   I could be misinterpreting this, but it sounds like they are still trying to figure out where the most comedy will come from.   Seeing  Sheldon remain stoic is not nearly as interesting as watching him struggle with urges and desires and try to stuff those into "compartments" based on "agreements", etc. and then "breaking" his rules because he can't keep up with them and so rationalizes ways to break the rules. :laugh:   

Yup I can totally see him completely failing to keep control of the situation and it'll be hilarious! 

• Like 7

I just watched it. And my first reaction at the end of the episode is I am very disappointed they cut the hug in bed ! :girlwah: that was the scene I waited so so much ! 

vader.jpg

Edited by CentralPerk
  • Like 4