The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

2 hours ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

for #tbt: 

image.gif.6363fdd72d6742e58fdef5309bb8d3image.gif.e2b99edbc927207a680e4590c353a5

well played, writers <3 

(credit to foxmvlders.tumblr.com)

i'm glad you guys like my gifs! i knew as soon as i saw that scene, there had to be a parallel!

can we just talk about the perfection of the line "We can find out together." It encapsulates everything about what Shamy is. From the beginning, it has always been those two against the world, navigating the relationship at their own pace, giving zero craps about what others think. All that matters for them is moving forward as a team, united. That line just stood out to me. 

And of course the intimacy was tastefully done and bravo to both Jim and Mayim for portraying such a huge moment so wonderfully!!! 

• Like 3

I can't sleep, how could I? Still over analyzing the episode and also Mayim posted on grok nation, you should go there, it's a good read.

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI Y330-U05 mediante Tapatalk

• Like 2

Mayim on GrokNation confirms her inexperience at having shot a bed scene like this before in addition to her upbringing and being a late bloomer herself as contributing to her nervousness about this coitus episode...just sayin, called it!

5 hours ago, camelliayao said:

Where's the snuggle???

ya i noticed that too. guess they decided sheldon still has a ways to go in the intimacy area, just not there with the little things. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Mayim on GrokNation confirms her inexperience at having shot a bed scene like this before in addition to her upbringing and being a late bloomer herself as contributing to her nervousness about this coitus episode...just sayin, called it!

ya i noticed that too. guess they decided sheldon still has a ways to go in the intimacy area, just not there with the little things. 

And she is wrong twice in that article. She has filmed a bed scene, the episode exists maybe she forgot about it? and Amy has kissed more than one man. I'm very confused :icon_neutral:

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, BBTGUY said:

That is exactly how I interpreted that quote as well! It took me a few reads of this article to grasp how I felt about it. Some other quotes were very suspect to me, but just as many others gave me hope for the future. What I took away from the article, is the writers are being very careful and probably struggling a little bit in deciding how they want to write Shamy going forward. I have to imagine this is why they wrote the following 2 episodes with Amy being away. That along with the holidays coming up, it gives them a break and more time to think about it all. I'm not worried though because the writers have a track record of moving things forward in a good way.

I suppose we will have to see just how popular this episode was. My guess is that they will incorporate sex more because of how well this episode seems to have been received by the general public (100% my speculation of course).

I couldn't figure out how to quote her, but MJ had a great post about Sheldon's tone when he talked about doing it again with Amy. It came off like "Oh, we are definitely going to be doing THIS again, you can count on that!"

This whole episode was a masterpiece. Hilarious comedy and great sex! What more can you ask for?!

This made me realize that this may be a HUGE reason that the next two taped episodes were extremely light on Shamy plot; I think the writers want to see how viewers respond to this milestone episode before they decide how they want to move on with the portrayal of Shamy's new relationship. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

And she is wrong twice in that article. She has filmed a bed scene, the episode exists maybe she forgot about it? and Amy has kissed more than one man. I'm very confused :icon_neutral:

Yeah...she needs to get her facts straight.  I mean even a few episodes ago she kissed Dave....haha...and yeah...she was in that movie 'Fat Actress' and did a post-coital bed scene in that.   

Maybe because she and Jim are close this felt different to her....more "private" (the word she used).   I don't know but it was interesting....

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

This made me realize that this may be a HUGE reason that the next two taped episodes were extremely light on Shamy plot; I think the writers want to see how viewers respond to this milestone episode before they decide how they want to move on with the portrayal of Shamy's new relationship. 

Yeah, it was almost like they didn't want them to be physically together because it would force them to write how Shamy acts with each other before they were certain. Which is why they had Amy go away, and by association, the light Shamy plots. 

But I'm okay with it. They need to put the focus on the rest of the cast/whole ensemble for right now. If they can do that and keep the quality of laughs that were tonight's episode, things will be golden. 

• Like 4

And lets be real, when Shamy move in together I'm sure sex will happen. All I need is a scene where Sheldon and Amy are together intimately and Sheldon gets caught by the rest of the gang with his pants down. I would die of laughter lol

• Like 7

1 hour ago, stardustmelody said:

I guess I took the THR write-up differently.  I looked at it as they could go several ways with Sheldon and one of those could be that he realizes he wants sex more than he expects.

It seems to me that Chuck is saying that for now, so soon after, he is able to still compartmentalize his relationship with Amy from work, playtime with the boys, etc.  But it will be interesting to see if he can still be successful at doing so and not let wanting sex with Amy become more dominant.   I could be misinterpreting this, but it sounds like they are still trying to figure out where the most comedy will come from.   Seeing  Sheldon remain stoic is not nearly as interesting as watching him struggle with urges and desires and try to stuff those into "compartments" based on "agreements", etc. and then "breaking" his rules because he can't keep up with them and so rationalizes ways to break the rules. :laugh:   

Whoa, hadn't read that quote yet.  To me that sounds like the writers agree that there is s real possibility it COULD become a dominating thing for Sheldon.  Not to say it will, but that doesn't sound like a group of writers who are trying to tell the story that he really doesn't think seems is all that great and is just having coitus to make Amy happy once a year.   :-)

Edited by jlove
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, jlove said:

Whoa, hadn't read that quote yet.  To me that sounds like the writers agree that there is s real possibility it COULD become a dominating thing for Sheldon.  Not to say it will, but that doesn't sound like a group of writers who are trying to tell the story that he really doesn't think see is all that great and is just having contusion to make Amy happy once a year.   :-)

Exactly!

13 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

One word - Perfection !

Absolutely  loved the whole episode, Jim and Mayims acting was amazing !!!!!

I thought there was so much love, understanding and thoughtfulness from both of them .

The balance of the tender scenes with the funny scenes , I think this could possibly be my favourite episode ever , Wow just wow !

Kazzie called it perfect and she was 100% right :) 

I've just this second ran out of likes :( Quoting so I can com back to ya later :wub: 

• Like 2

Did you see the photo of Meemaw behind Bob on the left on the dresser!?!?!?  The production staff is awesome!!!