The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

I so want to spoiler this guy.

I found a Youtube video, where they're discussing Sheldon's sexuality.

One guy argues he's A-Sexual, and says:-

Do you really imagine Sheldon doing sex? Come on...

I so want to tell him, but it would be unfair to other, unspoiled, readers. 

20 hours ago, kazzie said:

Tonight is is better then my own virginity loss..

There's probably a lot of people on here, thinking that.

20 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

#COITUSHASCOME

And so, presumably, have Sheldon and Amy, probably several times. :biggrin: 

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, April said:

I imagine Jim standing next to her in those awkward interviews cheering her on like "Go get them, Norma Ray!" lol

Anyway, I completely understand where she's coming from. Not that I disagree much with your views on the technical aspects here, jlove. But I can absolutely understand that with such a delicately crafted story the last thing she probably wants to talk about over and over again are the x-rated details that weren't even part of the episode itself. What was very much part of the episode is that we find out they both had a good time and that's all that matters. I mean, one could probably argue the obvious easy answer to those somewhat leery questions is something along the lines of "It was a mutually satisfying experience for them." and be done with it. But you know, Mayim has opinions and she isn't holding them back!

Personally, I agree with her exhaustion about the constant implication of man=active, woman=passive in this, and the idea that "good in bed" is something to be judged like, Idk, a sports competition or whatever. Sexuality is such a subjective experience that this pseudo-objective quality assessment is really really stupid - especially for two people who make love for the first time like it is the case with Sheldon and Amy. The best thing you can hope for is that it's a good experience for the both of them - and we see them both satisfied and happy in the aftermath and even heard them both(!) saying how it exceeded their expectations, which I thought was a nice touch.

Bottom line, what makes for "good sex" in a situation like this (if you want to categorise it as such) is not so much the mechanical details and having tons of experience or whatever, but rather that you're with a partner that is on the same page as you, someone you can trust and you're comfortable with. Evidently that is the case with Sheldon and Amy, and so it's no surprise to see that they had a great time.

Completely agree April, I didn't expect her to talk about the X-rated details!  I was mainly responding the offense she seemed to portray at the he/she questioning in a pragmatic way, as I'm not concerned with that in the same way she is.  And at the end I was trying to assuage anyone's concerns about Mayim being "offended" by our discussions here.  :-)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jlove said:

Completely agree April, I didn't expect her to talk about the X-rated details!  I was mainly responding the offense she seemed to portray at the he/she questioning in a pragmatic way, as I'm not concerned with that in the same way she is.  And at the end I was trying to assuage anyone's concerns about Mayim being "offended" by our discussions here.  :-)

I opened up a topic in Chit Chat and responded to you there so we can be free to discuss these issues off-topic if anyone is interested. 

Great posts above...thanks guys.   One thing I want to mention which is getting slightly off topic but I think is important is that from all the interviews with Molaro and Lorre, it seems that they are looking at how many views on Youtube that the clips are getting to measure how successful these episodes are.   They were surprised at the amount of YT hits on the train kiss...and that encouraged them to move forward.  I wanted to mention this because I think it is important that everyone go to the YT CBS site (that can view them...international may have to go to SpoilerTV site) and view and like the clips over and over if necessary.   I think we need to show them that Shamy's first time making love is just as pivotal as the first SIK was on the train.   Because we still want them to move them forward (even if still somewhat slowly, which I personally favor), yes?   So go view and like often if you can.   

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ranger Rosa said:

LOOK AT THOSE FACES!!!!!

carai.png

Amy looks awesome with that hair.

Clearly Sheldon coitused the life out of her.

Can you imagine what she'd look like, without the covers over her? drool.gif 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, April said:

I imagine Jim standing next to her in those awkward interviews cheering her on like "Go get them, Norma Ray!" lol

Anyway, I completely understand where she's coming from. Not that I disagree much with your views on the technical aspects here, jlove. But I can absolutely understand that with such a delicately crafted story the last thing she probably wants to talk about over and over again are the x-rated details that weren't even part of the episode itself. What was very much part of the episode is that we find out they both had a good time and that's all that matters. I mean, one could probably argue the obvious easy answer to those somewhat leery questions is something along the lines of "It was a mutually satisfying experience for them." and be done with it. But you know, Mayim has opinions and she isn't holding them back!

Personally, I agree with her exhaustion about the constant implication of man=active, woman=passive in this, and the idea that "good in bed" is something to be judged like, Idk, a sports competition or whatever. Sexuality is such a subjective experience that this pseudo-objective quality assessment is really really stupid - especially for two people who make love for the first time like it is the case with Sheldon and Amy. The best thing you can hope for is that it's a good experience for the both of them - and we see them both satisfied and happy in the aftermath and even heard them both(!) saying how it exceeded their expectations, which I thought was a nice touch.

Bottom line, what makes for "good sex" in a situation like this (if you want to categorise it as such) is not so much the mechanical details and having tons of experience or whatever, but rather that you're with a partner that is on the same page as you, someone you can trust and you're comfortable with. Evidently that is the case with Sheldon and Amy, and so it's no surprise to see that they had a great time.

I can't get Groknation to open for me tonight ( hope we didn't break Mayims site too !! ) . Can someone do me a wee quick quote of what she said you guys are talking about please ? I was on earlier but can't get on now and think I've missed a bit !! 

Thank you x

5 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

I can't get Groknation to open for me tonight ( hope we didn't break Mayims site too !! ) . Can someone do me a wee quick quote of what she said you guys are talking about please ? I was on earlier but can't get on now and think I've missed a bit !! 

Thank you x

The site was down but is now back up....can you try it again?   The conversations above were really about her whole post and not sure if she would want the whole thing copied over here.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, brilliantfool said:

I just hope they do it again, and again, and again!!

To quote Amy:-

I’m hoping to put his love of repetition to good use someday.

:icon_biggrin:

• Like 7

2 hours ago, kazzie said:

What I love about this kiss, is that I didn't know this actually happened. At the taping they cut before they kissed.. I had a weird feeling and suspicion they would do this. And I'm mega happy they did!

This kiss as well, their mouths are open when they make contact, this was real life open mouths and not implied.. HOLY FUCK

Guys, I'm still floating here. I'm so happy with the final cut and the perfection in writing! I loved being able to feed you the goods :) I hope you all enjoyed the episode and the write up I did yesterday. I will be doing a bit more in terms of blogging about the episode. 

Thanks for everyone for getting involved <3

Yay !! I managed to quote you this time :) 

Right , so I've been watching the kiss again ( and again ad again and again !!) - for science , and he totally has her bottom lip too , as he kisses her , there is a black and white gif on tumblr and if you zoom it in , then boy howdy , it's magic :) .

I need to go lie down !!!!!!!!! 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, ashleyo85 said:

I'm sure they could have had her covered up somehow

I'm so glad they didn't have her covered up.

She's incredibly beautiful.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

The site was down but is now back up....can you try it again?   The conversations above were really about her whole post and not sure if she would want the whole thing copied over here.

Thank you :) 

So, how many of you smoked a cigarette, afterwards? :icon_biggrin: 

18 hours ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

but when Sheldon likes something... it is surely going to happen again and again and again... because he wants to do it...a  lot.

Not forgetting his love of repetition. :icon_biggrin: 

18 hours ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

She has done this exact scene before in 2005... it's not something new.

Which show/movie was that in?

18 hours ago, brilliantfool said:

I'm hoping he's gonna get addicted to it like to blueberries

That should be his nickname for her. "Blueberry".

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

Yay !! I managed to quote you this time :) 

Right , so I've been watching the kiss again ( and again ad again and again !!) - for science , and he totally has her bottom lip too , as he kisses her , there is a black and white gif on tumblr and if you zoom it in , then boy howdy , it's magic :) .

I need to go lie down !!!!!!!!! 

Can you post the black and white (zoomed in) .gif here (crediting whoever posted it) so we can all see it?  Without knowing where on Tumblr it can be hard to find the right .gif.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2

Don't know which one she was talking about, but I quite enjoy zooming on this one!

credit: http://tbbt-faves.tumblr.com/

tumblr_nzkibyzWd91sp0cpeo2_250.gif

7 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

Can you post the .gif here (crediting whoever posted it) so we can all see it?  Without knowing where on Tumblr it can be hard to find the right .gif.

Meant to quote you

Edited by MAH_B
  • Like 7

18 hours ago, Beckyseyedoc said:

I was sorry to see the post-coital hug and Sheldon's head on Amy's end up on the chopping block.

Maybe they'll include the full version, as an extra, in the Box Set.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gbb said:

Methinks "Little Sheldon" may have been waking him up lately (say since the big makeup make out session) demanding some attention.

According to quite a few fanfics, "Little Sheldon" is all that little. :icon_biggrin: 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

Can you post the black and white (zoomed in) .gif here (crediting whoever posted it) so we can all see it?  Without knowing where on Tumblr it can be hard to find the right .gif.

I wish I was that clever !! But sadly not I can't even post a gif at all or a link , I'm that rubbish , sorry :( 

but it's all over tumblr, been re blogged lots, it's 2 gigs of the kiss , and you have to zoom a bit to see properly !. I'm away to see who is the source on tumblr, be right back ! 

Edited to add this - Source is - bigbangsheldon

does that help at all ?? . 

Edited by Soopysue
Add info
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, MAH_B said:

Don't know which one she was talking about, but I quite enjoy zooming on this one!

credit: http://tbbt-faves.tumblr.com/

tumblr_nzkibyzWd91sp0cpeo2_250.gif

Meant to quote you

Yip you can see it in this one too :) 

but black and white is a bit clearer !!!

Just as well my hubbie is off out for the night - he'd be thinking I'd gone nuts lol !!! 

• Like 1