The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

@jenafan I think you mentioned you saw a wink before. Did you catch it in the 0.25 viewing? I was inspired by you and did the same (watched the scene slow), and he TOTALLY winks at her. I can't tell if it's on purpose or not! I guess it could just be a twitch or something. It also almost looks like she might wink at him first, but maybe not...?

3 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Are they counting hits on the officially CBS website too do you think?

Nah, they aren't counting hits on any websites, for precisely the reason Melody is urging everyone to do.  Hits on a website are too easy to game.   As a simple example, there is no way to tell whether one person watched it 50 times, five people watched it 10 times each or fifty people watched it once.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MAH_B said:

@jenafan I think you mentioned you saw a wink before. Did you catch it in the 0.25 viewing? I was inspired by you and did the same (watched the scene slow), and he TOTALLY winks at her. I can't tell if it's on purpose or not! I guess it could just be a twitch or something. It also almost looks like she might wink at him first, but maybe not...?

OMG!  I forgot about that.   Yes, after she says "Hi" when she smiles and comes into the room he winks at her with his right eye.  (At about 0:12).  It is so subtle, it is almost unnoticeable. 

I thought I might have mistaken it as a fluttering of the eyes, but I paused the video on the shot, and he clearly has his right eye closed and his left eye open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV1BV3bDyOc

2015-12-19_1-28-05.png

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 4

Watch Sheldon closely when Amy comes into the room. He bites his lip, takes a deep breath, and appears to be holding back a big ol' grin. Is this Jim making a conscious acting choice to convey desire/excitement through body language, or Jim trying not to break character?. I've watched it over and over...either way, it makes my heart skip a beat! 

• Like 9

Really can't get into this now as have to go and watch Star Wars, but winking implies flirting (or alternatively in on something) and that still seems OOC for Sheldon at this point. (Could be a JP thing as its a fairly long shot). However regardless of that the idea of Sheldon starting to deliberately flirt with Amy is appealing as I don't think he really had much game there and as he starts to develop some moves this could be very amusing. That final kiss (thanks Soopysue btw) again shows the attention to detail supplied by the actors, as the clumsy closed mouth awkward kisses from previous seasons are replaced with something controlled, deliberate and finally sensual. And it's all coming together at the right moment. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, tayryn said:

I'm not too worried. Sheldon's a very practical character and PP was his sub-conscious. Sheldon had already experienced a life without Amy for those 6 months. That could have been his reminder that life goes by too fast and sometimes we only have that one chance to get things right.

Besides I think the writers know what will happen with the Shamy fans if they mess with the Shamy again...

angry-bang.gif?w=545

Hahaha, this gif. Need to save it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jenafan said:

I watched the whole bed seen on YouTube in .25 motion, and now I am convinced that Sheldon was all in and wanted this, too.   He has this continuous giddy smile watching Amy get under the covers and can't stop looking at her.   Seeing the kiss, where he is the one who moves in at the last second and catches her bottom lip..... Oh, my!

Yes. It was him who wanted and was ready to start when they are in bed a little shy. Amy was nervous but Sheldon seemed very calm and he seemed want to start touch her.

Edited by CentralPerk
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, jenafan said:

A few hours later..... not a couple of hours

Sheldon's arm is over hers, so it seems to me he is holding her hand.   For someone who hated holding hands, he's so doing it on his own now.  I love their smiles of reflection.   It's not just Amy's hair.   Look at her breathing, while Sheldon is laying there calm.   It was definitely about her. I love the way she cuts her eyes to look at him twice without moving her head.   I think she was ecstatic to hear him say he wants to give her the same birthday present again next year, but at the same time thinking it will likely take her that long to recover from this one.

It's like neither one of them can move, and Amy is absolutely paralyzed.

I watched the whole bed seen on YouTube in .25 motion, and now I am convinced that Sheldon was all in and wanted this, too.   He has this continuous giddy smile watching Amy get under the covers and can't stop looking at her.   Seeing the kiss, where he is the one who moves in at the last second and catches her bottom lip..... Oh, my!

YouTube in slow motion you say....Hmmm....LOL

3 hours ago, jenafan said:

OMG!  I forgot about that.   Yes, after she says "Hi" when she smiles and comes into the room he winks at her with his right eye.  (At about 0:12).  It is so subtle, it is almost unnoticeable. 

I thought I might have mistaken it as a fluttering of the eyes, but I paused the video on the shot, and he clearly has his right eye closed and his left eye open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV1BV3bDyOc

2015-12-19_1-28-05.png

Yeah, this isn't a wink. Jim does this sometimes. He'll blink and one eye stays open it seems. Haha. Right off the top of my head, when he's slamming the dominoes that he wasn't allowed to knock over back into their box, he does it after he mocks, "Let's box it up."

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CentralPerk said:

Yes. It was him who wanted and was ready to start when they are in bed a little shy. Amy was nervous but Sheldon seemed very calm and he seemed want to start touch her.

at the beginning of that scene sheldon is looking around the room as if hes trying to pass the time waiting for Amy to arrive. As nervous as she appeared i wondered if she kept him waiting a while lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MJistheBOMB said:

YouTube in slow motion you say....Hmmm....LOL

Yeah, this isn't a wink. Jim does this sometimes. He'll blink and one eye stays open it seems. Haha. Right off the top of my head, when he's slamming the dominoes that he wasn't allowed to knock over back into their box, he does it after he mocks, "Let's box it up."

You're right, much as a wink would be cute, I've noticed Jim does this sometimes :) . 

• Like 3

I've decided that even though shamy got back together,  I just can't watch the tag in platonic, Amy's disappointment and sad sad face is too much to handle

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MAH_B said:

How did you slow down the video? I didn't think you could do that on youtube?

47 minutes ago, EvilStewie said:

I don't know who made this video, but its awesome!! Thought I'd share! 

https://youtu.be/WnmVlpBbDoo

Thank you for sharing! Loved the video and loved the episode. Was a tiny bit disappointed at first that they cut the cuddle scene, but hey, I just imagine that it happened off screen (to avoid a riot among those who would say it would have been too OOC for Sheldon. :icon_cheesygrin: ), so I will definitely not complain here! :no:
To sum it up: It was just perfect! The writers managed to have them - esp. Sheldon - stay in character and still be really sweet and tender. Looking forward to the voyage they will embark on now. I think there are some really good times ahead - with Shamy and all of the gang. :good2:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Musickat18 said:

Loved the essay koops! But I want to talk about this bit of it. Admittedly I haven't kept up on all the interviews, so maybe I've missed a few things that the writers have said. Having said that, in regards to the highlighted part, I don't really agree with your assessment that Sheldon was kind of indifferent (or was that what Molaro or Lorre said?) To me he seemed serene, pleasantly surprised. He wasn't mussed up and out of breath like Amy, sure, but he had a little smile and seemed really at peace and happy. I've read on various forums and places like tumblr, that a some people found the episode somewhat lacking, and I still don't really know what people were expecting? Sheldon and Amy's first time was perfect to me. Everything about it was perfect. I mean, would I have loved to have that cuddle in? Of course. Does it ruin the ep for me or change how I view that last scene? Not in the slightest. I think it is very clear that Sheldon enjoyed his time with Amy. They may not be cuddling, but they're holding hands and Amy is still out of breath after 2 hours of who knows what. And who's to say whether Sheldon was blown away by sex or not. I think he probably expected to enjoy it because, well, he's a guy, so he's guaranteed sexual satisfaction. To have him say that he enjoyed it more than he thought he would says that there was more there. What he enjoyed is up for debate sure, but it could be he enjoyed the intimacy, he enjoyed watching Amy have a good time, etc. Who knows. But he enjoyed it more than just simply getting a release and it's my own headcanon that the intimacy and feelings were what pushed his enjoyment past simple release. 

I got that impression from two things: the fact that they very heavily paralleled Sheldon's reaction with Wil's reaction at the movie (and contrasted it with Amy's/the guys') and yes, that one interview with Lorre that set me off. I wouldn't say this, or the lack of cuddle, ruined the episode for me and I most definitely don't think that the episode was lacking, especially in the buildup. And I think that one of the reason why I like that bed scene and the kiss so much is because it sets the tone/idea for what we didn't get to see was like, most likely. But that's just the feeling/reaction I get from that post-coital scene, and it's not even that I expected much more out of it, I just feel like there's a bit too sharp of a difference between Sheldon pre and Sheldon post. But I understand that's just my impression and, having said that, like I said, there's other interviews that seem to indicate that there is/will be more to it than that.

• Like 7

Reading mayims comments about the shamy sex, shows she takes it far too seriously, whereas most of us fans were very happy about it and didn't overanalyze the ins and outs (no pun intended)

• Like 3