The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

The first Thursday episode will be the 8th episode

I think that is plenty of time for shamy to be apart and get them on the road back together

Yes agree , what episode number would that be ?

I'd like to know they were headed in the right direction in the next 2 maybe 3 episodes even if getting back together totally takes till your November sweeps, would that tie in ?

• Like 1

Sheldon is aware of how his relationship with Amy is not so sexually passionate,and he is using (wrongly structured and mistimed) sexual innuendos as his "ace" to win her back.He is aware that this is THE ONE THING he thinks Amy wanted from him for the longest time and he's like "darn it Amy I can be sexual,now come bak to me and I'll give it to you!".For his part,Sheldon is opening himself up for more intimacy,which I noticed way back from The Fortification Implementation (initially scared of the idea of Amy sleeping over,but went through with it anyway.That sleepover is intimate for him.He might have tried to feel out how it is when you literally sleep next to your girlfriend) I wouldn't be surprised if this season 9,he is tensed in the episodes of the Shamy breakup,with probable pent up frustration in that oh-so-cut-short make out session in their fifth anniversary. Subconsciously,I think Amy seems to be wanting relationship stability with Sheldon-marriage and family.With Penny engaged (at that time),she's looking forward to seeing where her relationship with Sheldon will be headed as well.It's not as much she wants just to be intimate with him anymore;she wants a future with him,but her conscious mind is clouded with all of these negative emotions. Undeniably,the Shamy coitus and wedding are still two of the show's top draw cards and the writers/producers are keeping these cards "for the win". Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Yes, agree 100%!!  Perfectly said

• Like 2

Yes agree , what episode number would that be ?

I'd like to know they were headed in the right direction in the next 2 maybe 3 episodes even if getting back together totally takes till your November sweeps, would that tie in ?

episode 8 would be the one and plenty of time for Amy to have space between now and then and for both of them to sort things out

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 2

A while ago I read a news article containing spoilers from season 9. It explained that Penny's last name would finally be uncovered and it actually stated that that might lead to a new story arc about Penny finding out she's related to one of the guys. It would be Sheldon for obvious reasons.

I don't believe this at all, but it would still be funny if it happened...

now that's would be an amazing plot lol

• Like 1

Oh, I don't mind ;)

200.gif

Ok first, I have no idea what it is saying I quoted Juni as well, but I can't get rid of it. *shrug*

Anywho,  I realize this is a question from 4 pages ago but anyway, my problem isn't specifically that Sheldon is kissing someone other than Amy (Penny or otherwise) so much as the insult of seeing Sheldon "passionately" make out with someone while we've been waiting patiently (some of us at least. :p ) for Sheldon to make out with Amy. And not only that, but when there was a makeout scene, it was cut for time so we still really only saw a chaste kiss. It's insulting to the fandom. I personally have never been afraid of Shenny. Back before Amy I kind of, sort of shipped it (What!? Amy wasn't around ok and I thought it'd be weird and hilarious to Sheldon date someone. :p:p ) I also wouldn't have been so upset about it if it hadn't happened when Shamy were at a good place. To add it in there when we're already upset about their breakup is just adding insult to injury. I'm not losing sleep over it, but it's definitely insulting to me and makes me cringe to think about.

I also agree with you.

• Like 3

A while ago I read a news article containing spoilers from season 9. It explained that Penny's last name would finally be uncovered and it actually stated that that might lead to a new story arc about Penny finding out she's related to one of the guys. It would be Sheldon for obvious reasons.

I don't believe this at all, but it would still be funny if it happened...

That is nothing but rumor.  According to an article that was posted at a site where almost all of the content is from fans, it was claimed that Chuck, in an interview, said Penny's last name was Barrington.  That interview cannot be found and that was repeated by several different outlets that are less then reliable.  

About going to Season 11....the network (show) has an optional 11th season already signed in place, as do Jim, Kaley, Johnny, Kunal and SImon.  However, Mayim and Melissa would have to have new contracts negotiated because their contracts were for seasons 7, 8, 9 with option for 10.   So to start season 11, they would have to renegotiate contracts.  

Actually Melody, Melissa and Mayim were locked in through season 10 (the standard seven years, which would be seasons 4 (when they started),5,6,7,8,9,10) already.  There's was a renegotiation (much as the other five did after season 3)  It was reported they have a studio opition for season 11 also.   

That is nothing but rumor.  According to an article that was posted at a site where almost all of the content is from fans, it was claimed that Chuck, in an interview, said Penny's last name was Barrington.  That interview cannot be found and that was repeated by several different outlets that are less then reliable.  

I think so too. I didn't mean to spread any rumors, this was rather the reaction to another post and taken out of context..

Regarding Sheldon acting like a jerk towards Amy: I concentrate on picking out the positive aspect. Finally, Sheldon (the real Sheldon, I don’t care about dream-Sheldon) shows passion about Amy where used to be rejection and lack of interest (I remember the Snow White-not-kiss). Finally, there’s fire where previously was something like the “X-Box-kiss” (Ugh, worse than the Flash comment).

I’m really looking forward to the moment when this passion will change its face.

• Like 1

But, in this picture, where is Amy family? It was supposed to happen in the early episodes, at least that was Molaro made us believe; ok...I get it...never trust Molaro, I learnt my lesson...By the way, there will be some Jew festivity across the sweeps (I don't know exactly when, somebody else wrote this on this board before), so for one episode  Mayim will be not available for the taping...maybe some pre taped scene..well, at some point we'll have some rest at least!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1

Ok first, I have no idea what it is saying I quoted Juni as well, but I can't get rid of it. *shrug*

Anywho,  I realize this is a question from 4 pages ago but anyway, my problem isn't specifically that Sheldon is kissing someone other than Amy (Penny or otherwise) so much as the insult of seeing Sheldon "passionately" make out with someone while we've been waiting patiently (some of us at least. :p ) for Sheldon to make out with Amy. And not only that, but when there was a makeout scene, it was cut for time so we still really only saw a chaste kiss. It's insulting to the fandom. I personally have never been afraid of Shenny. Back before Amy I kind of, sort of shipped it (What!? Amy wasn't around ok and I thought it'd be weird and hilarious to Sheldon date someone. :p:p ) I also wouldn't have been so upset about it if it hadn't happened when Shamy were at a good place. To add it in there when we're already upset about their breakup is just adding insult to injury. I'm not losing sleep over it, but it's definitely insulting to me and makes me cringe to think about.

That's what i feel too, insulted and also disgusted and disappointed. It's bringing me everything I felt before Sheldon kissed Amy on 7.15. The pain of shipping a couple who were in a romantic relationship for 2 seasons and barely kissed, not even when Amy was 'in the zone' not even in a dream. And when we finally got there, they cut it off like in the finale. I don't care if it was Penny or anyone else, and if it was just a dream, it's still infuriates me how easy it is to the writers to write something too visual like that with Sheldon and another woman.

• Like 4

I don't think Amy's family will necessarily play a role in this story.

And honestly you guys, right now I'm still somewhat sad. I'll have periods where I'm fine and others where I'm still annoyed by all of this. Anyway the most bothersome thing is that I can't stop thinking about all of this most of the time...I'm trying my best to save full judgement till the episodes come on air but with everything I'm hearing, I'm just seriously considering skipping every episode until Shamy reconciles or maybe just give up on this show...I know it sounds a bit extreme but I do feel like Shamy (my biggest source of happiness on this show) has been tainted in the span of two episodes and it saddens me just to think about this. Right now, I'm relatively okay but I'm predicting that I'll become more unsettled when the episodes begin airing (another reason I might go ahead and skip).

I trusted the writers but right now I just wanna hop on a place to LA, head to their work room in WB studios and scream at them "WHY THE HELL DID YOU CHOOSE TO DOWN THIS ANGST-FILLED ROAD?!!!" and "CHANGE THE SCRIPTS AND RESHOOT EVERYTHING!!!"

• Like 1

I don't see it as "just" to shock.  It does serve a purpose in the overall narrative--Leonard is dreaming a sort of "turnabout it fair play" scenario and with the worst possible candidate (except maybe for Wolowitz) his subconscious can imagine.

I don't think their trying to shock the audience for higher ratings or for Emmys or anything like that.  Sometimes a story is just a story.  Leonard has a bad dream regarding the kiss issue that makes him realize how it must be for Penny, what she must have felt.

I don't see it as a "mess" at all.

JMO

Geez, you captured the whole meaning of the scene so well. It's just an example of what a guilty conscious can do to your mind.  I can't believe so many people are thinking that this scene has anything to do with Shamy.

Edited by RudyG
  • Like 4

My initial reaction of

What the hell is going on and lots of :dwarf: has now calmed down a little, I want to see how the angsty stuff plays out and how this situation is going to be fixed  and if it's fixed right I will be doing lots of :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 3

My initial reaction of

What the hell is going on and lots of :dwarf: has now calmed down a little, I want to see how the angsty stuff plays out and how this situation is going to be fixed  and if it's fixed right I will be doing lots of :icon_cheesygrin:

It's great that you've calmed down (even by a little). I wish I could be as optimistic as you are...

Geez, you captured the whole meaning of the scene so well. It's just an example of what a guilty conscious can do to your mind.  I can't believe so many people are thinking that this scene has anything to do with Shamy.

I don't think it has anything to do with Sheldon and Amy, it is in fact not about them. It may have something (at least) to do with my enjoyment of that episode, and with the way I approach the show in general. 

• Like 2

I do see their reconciliation occurring during sweeps, hands down.

and to respond to others, I did not say nor think that the make-out was implying Sheldon was horny when I said to sexualize Sheldon.  What I meant (and I've explained it several different ways now) is it simply plants the seed in peoples heads that Sheldon could eventually do something like that.  Not that he as a character is horny.  The writers have planted seeds like this before.  To me its just to prepare viewers for whats to come.  Silver lining, sure.  I do first and foremost agree it was for shock value.  It was so OOC for both of them.  And yes, it was Leonard's nightmare (lets stop calling it a dream---that's creepy now).  But what I mean is to see him in that kinda "take a woman down and have your way with her" sorta scene.  Again, agree to disagree.

Agreed.  And last season, that tub scene in Troll made me immediately think that they were preparing the audience as a whole for more intimate scenes with Shamy as well.  I think, really, that for some people, they are going to have a really hard time picturing him doing anything remotely sexual, and these kinds of scenes are the writers' way of easing people into it.

The sweeps are episodes 5-8, right?  With the first Thursday being episode 5?  I see some other numbers and just wanted to clarify.

• Like 5

Correct me if I'm wrong, but sweeps this year starts on October 29th, which means 9x06 will be the first sweeps episode (since we don't get a double-bill for the premiere). If they keep the timeline they are keeping (i.e. not huge time jumps between episodes - a few days at most), that means 3 more episodes to explore this "breakup" for a reconciliation in the following 2 or 3. That I can get on board with. Because with this timeline, their emotional state and situation makes sense to me. It's when you allow them time to cool off and be apart and they STILL stay apart that I just can't find it believable from everything I know about them. I think it was Jim that once said something about how their arguments don't last very long because they eventually just sit down and talk it through with their cold logic. To keep them proper broken up for a prolonged period of time, without talking things through, is totally OOC, IMO. 

actually 9x05...there is a hiatus week in there you didn't account for.   October 29th episode will be the fifth episode aired.   They miss a week of airing in October, I believe....so that puts them airing the fifth episode on October 29th.   But yes, that is the first November sweeps week.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2

actually 9x05...there is a hiatus week in there you didn't account for.   October 29th episode will be the fifth episode aired.   They miss a week of airing in October, I believe....so that puts them airing the fifth episode on October 29th.   But yes, that is the first November sweeps week.

Thank you :) . I've said since the finale 5 at the latest for back together, so that would fit in, hope it's at least on track in the next couple though !!