Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, 2L344 said:

off topic i know, but pretty much the rest of my family tonight lol

image.jpeg

I know right :) we watched Uncle Buck last night and neighbour Marci is Sheldons Mum !!! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ShLe94 said:

YES! How things change..... and remain the same at the same time!

tumblr_n637ygjpJ31sj94muo4_250.gif.a47ce   (this scene always reminds me of what Amy said in 6x11: 'I’m used to being the girl who never gets looked at twice'... Well, sweetie, he DID look at you twice!!)

And now...

tumblr_nzkibyzWd91sp0cpeo2_250.gif.93ef1     tumblr_nzq054XCPw1sp0cpeo5_250.gif.12152    IDK about you, but I'm still incredibly happy for them!!! :girldance:

This gives me so many feels :wub: can't get over that little smile on Sheldon's face when Amy says: me too. He looks so happy and in love. *sigh* 

Oh and Merry Christmas my dear Shamies! 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

Oh this quote function !!!!! Sorry can't remove this - didn't mean to quote again lol 

Just popped on to say have a wonderful Christmas everyone and Happy holiday to those who don't celebrate Christmas :) .

What a ride 2015 was for us as fans, here's to a fabulous 2016 - with all things Shamy !! . So grateful to have you all here x

merr y Christmas to you to from australia

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ranger Rosa said:

I was trying to figure out what on Earth would it be too. After a little research, I found out that this is related to magnetism and to the string theory (the one Sheldon jumped off a few seasons ago), both have something to do with the origins of the universe. From what I understood, in to string theory there are two parts in movement (the walls), and if they existed, the gravitational waves would be violently emitted if two such walls collided. From the magnetism perspective it's about attraction and a gradual reorientation of individual moments across a finite distance. 

From Wikipedia:

"Conversely, the exchange energy is reduced when the magnetic moments are aligned parallel to each other and thus makes the wall thicker, due to the repulsion between them (where anti-parallel alignment would bring them closer, working to reduce the wall thickness). In the end an equilibrium is reached between the two and the domain wall's width is set as such.

An ideal domain wall would be fully independent of position, but the structures are not ideal and so get stuck on inclusion sites within the medium, also known as crystallographic defects. These include missing or different (foreign) atoms, oxides, insulators and even stresses within the crystal. This prevents the formation of domain walls and also inhibits their propagation through the medium. Thus a greater applied magnetic field is required to overcome these sites.

Note that the magnetic domain walls are exact solutions to classical nonlinear equations of magnets"

Now, making the parallel to Shamy: if I understood it correctly, the "walls" would be Sheldon and Amy, and the violent emission of gravitational waves would be...their quirkiness? From the magnetism POV it can be the process of their date and the break up (gradual reorientation of both Sheldon's and Amy's life, individually). There were missing or foreign elements at them, but this transition was finite and in the end the magnets were ok in the end. 

Some scientist please correct me if I said stupid things.

Awesome!  I didn't think to actually look it up, but that info makes a difference.   The violent collision could be each into the other's life, disrupting the status quo, thus, preventing "the formation of domain walls" ie: the lower their shields (their guards, inhibitions). You know what happens when shields are lowered?  Cue music and enter the Millennium Falcon, or the Millennium Sheldon, anyway. ;)

As a side note, I am so impressed with the writers. I love how this minute detail "reverberates" major themes of the show.  

Edited by AnnJ
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ranger Rosa said:

How can he have a smooth breathing and she a heavy breathing at the same time?
thoughtful-gif.gif?gs=a

I had the same question... He definitely controlled the situation, while Amy was just enjoying her Gallop ride :icon_cheesygrin: lmao why not

Merry Christmas to everyone, guys! Love you all

Edited by AlFisher
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 2L344 said:

off topic i know, but pretty much the rest of my family tonight lol

image.jpeg

Snap, we have watched this a few times now at Christmas, but it was only on Tuesday when I saw Johnny Galecki's name pop up on the credits and I thought Whaaaaat.

Anyway not posted much recently, too much in the doldrums, but have lurked and am starting to emerge now. Just popped in to wish all of you seasons greetings.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Off topic but - I have a friend who is afraid of flying and his doctor prescribes something that he takes just after he gets into his seat on the plane and it keeps him happy/a bit out of it till he lands :) 

As long as I don't puke/have a panic attack/sleep, it's fine to me.
Merry Christmas from Hell de Janeiro (seriously, it's 93.2 here, I'm melting. If this is not the global warming effects, than I don't know what is). :cheese:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ranger Rosa said:

How can he have a smooth breathing and she a heavy breathing at the same time?
thoughtful-gif.gif?gs=a

the first thing that came to my mind when considering this was maybe after he was.... done... he did.... something.... for Amy that gave him time to catch his breath, but made her continue to breathe heavily :icon_redface:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

the first thing that came to my mind when considering this was maybe after he was.... done... he did.... something.... for Amy that gave him time to catch his breath, but made her continue to breathe heavily :icon_redface:

To quote Sheldon: "Interesting! So it went beyond the mere fact of coitus to a blow by blow account, as it were." 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ranger Rosa said:

How can he have a smooth breathing and she a heavy breathing at the same time?
thoughtful-gif.gif?gs=a

Is she the recipient of a multiple orgasm experience? Twitching and quivering after the main 'moment' has passed. Lucky girl. Happy Christmas all. X 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ranger Rosa said:

From what I understood, in to string theory there are two parts in movement (the walls), and if they existed, the gravitational waves would be violently emitted if two such walls collided. From the magnetism perspective it's about attraction and a gradual reorientation of individual moments across a finite distance. 

From Wikipedia:

"Conversely, the exchange energy is reduced when the magnetic moments are aligned parallel to each other and thus makes the wall thicker, due to the repulsion between them (where anti-parallel alignment would bring them closer, working to reduce the wall thickness). In the end an equilibrium is reached between the two and the domain wall's width is set as such.

An ideal domain wall would be fully independent of position, but the structures are not ideal and so get stuck on inclusion sites within the medium, also known as crystallographic defects. These include missing or different (foreign) atoms, oxides, insulators and even stresses within the crystal. This prevents the formation of domain walls and also inhibits their propagation through the medium. Thus a greater applied magnetic field is required to overcome these sites.

Note that the magnetic domain walls are exact solutions to classical nonlinear equations of magnets"

Now, making the parallel to Shamy: if I understood it correctly, the "walls" would be Sheldon and Amy, and the violent emission of gravitational waves would be...their quirkiness? From the magnetism POV it can be the process of their date and the break up (gradual reorientation of both Sheldon's and Amy's life, individually). There were missing or foreign elements at them, but this transition was finite and in the end the magnets were ok in the end. 

Well magnetism seems to be the sexiest physics department if you think about it: it is about attraction or repulsion and being aligned, heading into the same direction within the substance or being separated. The crystallographic defects would be their quirks where a greater magnetic field is required to get them "in sync". The violently emitted gravitational waves would be insults, hurting their feelings etc. IMO

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, vonmar said:

Someone pointed out on Tumblr that the episode when they first meet is called "The Lunar Excitation" and the episode where the consummate their relationship is called "The Opening Night Excitation"........Excitation is in both titles.   I hadn't noticed that.

A rather appropriate word since, I suspect, they experienced a degree of excitation, in each case.

59 minutes ago, Cerry said:

Well magnetism seems to be the sexiest physics department if you think about it: it is about attraction or repulsion and being aligned, heading into the same direction within the substance or being separated.O

Bear in mind, however, that for two magnets to stay together, they have to be "top and tailed", as in the end of one, has to be in contact with the opposite end of the other, and vice versa. :icon_biggrin: 

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cerry said:

Well magnetism seems to be the sexiest physics department if you think about it: it is about attraction or repulsion and being aligned, heading into the same direction within the substance or being separated. The crystallographic defects would be their quirks where a greater magnetic field is required to get them "in sync". The violently emitted gravitational waves would be insults, hurting their feelings etc. IMO

Or maybe the impact that they caused on each other's lives. This part is kinda subjective.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vittoria Jacoel said:

Merry Christmas to everyone and your families!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

merry Christmas to you all to from australia

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hubby and I need a marathon while we finish wrapping tonight.  Does anyone know offhand which seasons had a Christmas episode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.