[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

2 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Happy New Year peeps!

I've not been online much over the holidays cus I've had a serious case of the Devil's Flu!

Can't wait for new episodes to start and I'm hoping for more of this in 2016:

56883d03a75ec_counchkissslow.gif.b5131e5

Slo mo is the best mo..........

• Like 8

1 hour ago, notchinc said:

Here's a game.  Let's find out when the train first appeared in Amy's apartment.  Go!

I like the game...So, the train (or a very similar train) was still in Sheldon's old room in Texas, as a brilliant poster here noted some time ago, really he was a genius, in  7x18 (The mummy observation). The next times in Season 7 we saw Amy's living room after it were 7x22 and Season 7 finale, isn't that right? I've checked  7x22,  in the framing you can see the deck under which the shelf with the train should be but not what there is above the desk...My impression is the train is not there...In Season 7 finale  it was not there for sure, instead...So, let's go to watch again Season 8, guys....

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, kerrycec03 said:

In my head he bought it for her probably around the time of fort. I think Fort was monumental for Sheldon because its when he really started thinking of how comfortable being with her all the time was. And he wanted a big piece of him at her place and that massive train did just that with him not just gifting it but also putting it on full display to further mark his territory in a sheldon way...and it worked because another man did notice it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like very much, instead, if it were the train in Sheldon's child room, something which had a sentimental value for him and that he decided to give to Amy for sharing with her some happy memories of his childhood...Anyway, back to our game, after a very quick research, I think in Season 8 the only two episodes in which Amy's living room was showed are the Christmas episode (8x11) and The anxiety optimization (8x13). In the former, for sure the train is not there, in 8x13 the framings catch just the desk,  not what's above it, but it seems like it is not there...Same goes for 9x01, in the only scene in Amy's living room the framings don't include what's above the desk. In 9x02, still no train (in the Friends with benefit scene you can see a bit of Amy's living room...) I don't remember  other episodes before 9x10 with scenes in Amy's living room, but I can be wrong here...So, in my head, Sheldon gave the train to Amy at some point but she decided to put in on a shelf  very recently, maybe when she begun to regret what she did and to want him back...Of course I know the "cold" truth is just that the people in charge of preparing the set for Amy's living room needed a nice and pretty big train for the joke about Amy and Dave always ending up speaking about Sheldon and they picked the only one they had, and it happened to be the one in Sheldon's old room,  but this sounds more poetic...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 7

I was just watching the scene in The Opening Night Excitation when Sheldon and Amy are on the couch in her apartment. Jim Parsons looked like he wanted to break out laughing--he seemed to have the cutest smile. I'm sure they both had a great time rehearsing this.

4 hours ago, nickelette424 said:

This is my favorite moment.   He looks so sweet and adorable. 

Mine too, ahhhhhhhhhh! Love it. I just wanna kiss him, he's so cute. Haha.

3 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

Well the T-shirt he already had on under his dress shirt.  As for the rest, knowing him?  Yeah, he probably had an overnight bag there just in case.  Especially after the Fort episode.  He does like preparedness.

Amy probably whipped out an over night bag with everything he needed that he never knew was stored at her place. LOL!

• Like 8

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic