The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

THey're all contracted through season 10, I believe.  It's season 11 that would be an issue.

Jim, Kaley, and Johnny's contracts allow for the possibility of S11.  I'm not sure about Simon and Kunal, but since their contracts were negotiated at the same time, I imagine they also have that provision for S11 if the studio wants it.

It's Mayim and Melissa who would have to negotiate new terms for S11 and their contracts apparently didn't provide for that option.

I still stand by my opinion that going past season 10 will depend on ratings of course but I think Jim will be a major factor of it happening. In the last 2 years think about how much his career has blown up and it continues I wonder if we will get more. 

After the big disappointment from the episode taped at this tuesday (9x02), some fans attacked Bill Prady on Twitter, offending and cursing him. He, then, replied saying that people should watch the episode before freak out and telling that he would block these impolite people.Usually on wednesdays he post the script cover on his Twitter and we begin the speculations. But this time he didn't, probably because the bad behavior of a few at the past night. So this is kinda that a punishment for us. :(

thanks for info and people can be bat ass crazy 

I agree. If anything I can see the writers have Amy going in a date and Sheldon showing up but instead of freaking out he would tell the date things that would make Amy happy. What better way to put a crack into the shell she is putting around herself 

Hmm I could see this...wouldn't love it but it would prove and show he cares for her happiness above his aka finally doing something selfless for her. I have wanted something to happen to get him go do something selfless. I actually saw something like him submitting some of her work for something for work/career. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Hmm I could see this...wouldn't love it but it would prove and show he cares for her happiness above his aka finally doing something selfless for her. I have wanted something to happen to get him go do something selfless. I actually saw something like him submitting some of her work for something for work/career. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In one of my FF stories, Sheldon gave up on (some) of his budget at Caltech to fund a research project she really wanted to do.

Ofcourse in real life, he would have no say in it (I think) but still it would be cool of he did something selfless like that.

• Like 4

Not surprised, it's very clear from all these amy/leonard fantasies or things like the breast scene or the dominogasm+ ILU or Penny kissing him on s6 or the Intimacy test etc etc. We never see this kind of scene between Sheldon&Bernadette for example, it's always Penny.

And to think that these are the people in charge to write my otp, my god

No surprise that all the scenes would be with Penny and Sheldon, and not Bernie and Sheldon. Penny and Sheldon have a long history of going to each other for advise. Penny going to Sheldon for advise about Leonard. Sheldon went to Penny for advise on how to get Amy back, when Amy went out with Stuart. There's plenty of instances.

They also had plenty of confrontations, like when Penny touched Sheldon's food, and it turned into an all out battle. It reminded me of some of the fights I had with my sister when we were both little.

Some of it has to do with them being across the hall from each other, and some of it has to do with Penny's power of persuasion. Like when Penny got Sheldon to go to a Psychic.

It's no big deal, because it's two good friends/ or a brother, sister relationship.

• Like 6

Episode 5 will be taped on sept 15, second day of Rosh Hashanah.

Mayim may have  small and pretaped scenes on it.

Plse google the Jewish Holidays Calendar.

• Like 1

Sweetie...I am well aware of the Jewish holidays.    I know exactly when they are....no need to google them.  Rosh Hashanah is a celebratory holiday...   Mayim has worked before on "restricted" holidays but she also has ability to tape on Friday before if they want her in the episode a fair amount.   I am sure she can work things out if the script calls for her character to be in there more.   She often works on Saturdays (events, going to awards events, etc.) when she is "restricted" as well for Shabbat.   So I am not worried.  She will be in the episode because she is required by contract to be in it...and she will make it work.  I am sure if they want her to have her usual amount of scenes she will manage to work it all out.

Edited by stardustmelody

In one of my FF stories, Sheldon gave up on (some) of his budget at Caltech to fund a research project she really wanted to do.

Ofcourse in real life, he would have no say in it (I think) but still it would be cool of he did something selfless like that.

Good, but even better. Why doesn't Sheldon ask for Amy's advise. Kripke treated Amy as an intellectual equal and took Amy's advice. I think Sheldon's stock would go up greatly with Amy if he treating her the same way. 

Edited by RudyG
  • Like 1

I recommend a tea. Go prepare it when the show starts, you'll miss the whole thing, and you'll have something calming to hold onto for Shamy drama next. :icon_wink:

If you do choose to watch the cold open of episode two, I suggest a Long Island iced tea.

• Like 6

If you do choose to watch the cold open of episode two, I suggest a Long Island iced tea.

I hear Sheldon recommends them. Best tea I've ever had.

• Like 4

This is a nice thought, I like your idea! It would be great if they worked together. Sheldon could leave his Dark Materia research to help Amy, but I think she doesn´t need his help. He´s the one who needs help, because he´s stuck. But I imagine, that she will get the Nobel Prize before him and that he is jealous, but restrains and stays in the background, while Amy enjoys the attention and reputation of everyone. This would be a great sacrifice, for someone who loves to be in the focus of the public.

Imagine them at the Nobel Prize awards. Everyone congratulates Amy for her Nomination, while Sheldon is staying in the background holding her purse and suddenly someone asks her who he is and he leans forward and says: "I´m Dr. Fowler´s fiancée, Dr. Dr. Sheldon Cooper. "

He smiles at Amy, who looks shocked, so he leans forward and whispers into her ear: "You can leave me at least, this little moment of attention."

This would be kind of sweet and so Sheldon at the same time. :icon_wink:

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 1

I would thought that episode would be the best time to have Amy go off on a little trip to get away from Sheldon for a few days.  Amy would have a few days to calm down and miss Sheldon, and he have a chance to think things through.  So Mayim not be able to do much if anything in episode five would be fine and logical for the story.

• Like 2

I still stand by my opinion that going past season 10 will depend on ratings of course but I think Jim will be a major factor of it happening. In the last 2 years think about how much his career has blown up and it continues I wonder if we will get more. 

thanks for info and people can be bat ass crazy 

Of course S11 will depend on the ratings--it's WB's option to renew and at least "the big three" are contracted to go along with it if WB chooses to do another season.  I was pointing out that I don't remember if Simon and Kunal have that same obligation in their contracts.  They negotiated at the same time as Jim, Kaley, and Johnny, but separately.  Since WB agreed to the million dollar salaries for the big 3, they included the S11 option (their option).

No matter how big Jim's career is, WB gets to decide on S11 and if they want to do it, Jim is contractually obligated to do it (as are Kaley and Johnny.)

The other point was that Mayim and Melissa signed their contracts before the others and do not have the S11 option included.  Their contracts run through S10 only. So if WB goes for that 11th season, they'll have to do a new contract for Mayim and Melissa. 

• Like 2

I'll sooo not bother with Cola on that one. :icon_biggrin:

And yeah, Shamy thread tea party time !!! 

tumblr_lgxm0ipJlm1qb1eb9o1_500.thumb.gif

After the first two episodes have aired, I think I will need a big sip of Sheldon´s bottle.

Hand me the bottle over, buddy!

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 2

Forgive me, but I am kind of skeptical about the fact that the writers have always wanted to write a titillating Shenny hot scene for themselves and that this was a quote in a panel nobody seems to have access to. I think Bill was right on one thing yesterday on Twitter: things that we may find dramatic might be just a joke for them. Now, I don't think Bill gets the point that the reason people are irked by that scene has nothing to do with the fact that they think it's real when it's Leonard's nightmare instead. I think he thinks people are upset because we think Shenny is happening for real. But it does say a lot that he's clearly referring to it as a joke. I am not happy with it, I still think it's pandering to shock-value to get people to tune in and find out if Penny is now cheating on Leonard with Sheldon, and I still think that the writers don't realize how cruel to our part of the fanbase a scene like that is at this time. But I do not for a minute believe that they have been sitting around for 9 years thinking about how they could write a hot Shenny scene for their own personal pleasure. Because if that had been the case, they could have done this a long time ago, anyway. Let alone do I think that they wrote this scene to get the audience used to sexual Sheldon or, cod forbid, to test the waters about a possible Shenny plot in the future. All the scene is about is to get attention and then go "haha bazinga!" on people. Occam's razor.

As for Amy on a date, I still hope we don't have to go that far. Unless she's been convinced to go or set up by someone else, be it her mother or her friends. I can't see Amy wanting to jump into the dating pool any time soon (she broke up with the guy 24 hours ago!) and, like I mentioned before, I hope there's not going to be huge time jumps where we see the two of them having settled into a proper breakup state to the point that enough time has passed for Amy to want to try and see what's out there. That is the Lenny scenario I was talking about before, and it just doesn't fit this couple. 

You all know very well I am totally up for Shamy working together though! LOL! *points at sig* I am never going to give up on that dream. Still have the plan for that in my fanfic drafts, if only I could find the motivation to continue. *sigh*

Please, don´t give up your plan to write this fanfic, Koops! I would like to read it, since I admire your view of Sheldon´s and Amy´s inner thoughts. You are looking at Shamy´s relationship from a rational and logical way.

• Like 3

Please, don´t give up your plan to write this fanfic, Koops! I would like to read it, since I admire your view of Sheldon´s and Amy´s inner thoughts. You are looking at Shamy´s relationship from a rational and logical way.

Awwww, thank you Desdemona! My fic has been stalling for nearly a year now, but it's still gnawing at me. :( I have everything planned out already but it's been really hard to find the time to write it into chapters and now to find the motivation. And I was so happy with S8 I got lazy. lol. I will finish it one day because I hate leaving things unfinished, it's just that right now thinking of what I had planned given the current status of the Shamy makes me sad. :icon_cry:

• Like 1

Forgive me, but I am kind of skeptical about the fact that the writers have always wanted to write a titillating Shenny hot scene for themselves and that this was a quote in a panel nobody seems to have access to. I think Bill was right on one thing yesterday on Twitter: things that we may find dramatic might be just a joke for them. Now, I don't think Bill gets the point that the reason people are irked by that scene has nothing to do with the fact that they think it's real when it's Leonard's nightmare instead. I think he thinks people are upset because we think Shenny is happening for real. But it does say a lot that he's clearly referring to it as a joke. I am not happy with it, I still think it's pandering to shock-value to get people to tune in and find out if Penny is now cheating on Leonard with Sheldon, and I still think that the writers don't realize how cruel to our part of the fanbase a scene like that is at this time. But I do not for a minute believe that they have been sitting around for 9 years thinking about how they could write a hot Shenny scene for their own personal pleasure. Because if that had been the case, they could have done this a long time ago, anyway. Let alone do I think that they wrote this scene to get the audience used to sexual Sheldon or, cod forbid, to test the waters about a possible Shenny plot in the future. All the scene is about is to get attention and then go "haha bazinga!" on people. Occam's razor.

As for Amy on a date, I still hope we don't have to go that far. Unless she's been convinced to go or set up by someone else, be it her mother or her friends. I can't see Amy wanting to jump into the dating pool any time soon (she broke up with the guy 24 hours ago!) and, like I mentioned before, I hope there's not going to be huge time jumps where we see the two of them having settled into a proper breakup state to the point that enough time has passed for Amy to want to try and see what's out there. That is the Lenny scenario I was talking about before, and it just doesn't fit this couple. 

You all know very well I am totally up for Shamy working together though! LOL! *points at sig* I am never going to give up on that dream. Still have the plan for that in my fanfic drafts, if only I could find the motivation to continue. *sigh*

I totally agree with you Koops. That scene is just a joke meant to shock people for the writers. Just because we don't find it funny doesn't necessarily mean that the average, non-shipping viewer won't.

I find it hard to believe that the writers have planned this for years and that it's so the audience can get used to a sexual Sheldon. That's quite absurd imo. 

• Like 4

I think there's a few constants in TBBT building the framework: It's the relationship between Leonard and Sheldon, in extension their relationship with Howard and Raj. And, of course, the liaison between Leonard and Penny. Ab initio those two were meant to be together. I remember the pilot where Sheldon and Leonard sit in the witing room of the sperm-bank, filling out the form in order to donate sperm. Sheldon says: " Leonard, I don't think I can do this." and Leonard responds: "What, are you kidding? You are a semi-pro." So in the pilot Sheldon was obviously portrayed as a sexual character (apparently skilled in 'self-abuse'). I assume the writers didn't want Sheldon to be a competitor to Leonard and changed him accordingly. On top of that, an asexual Sheldon would provide for a plethora of funny remarks on his behalf.

Long story cut short, Leonard and Penny are endgame and while they probably didn't plan for it right from the beginning, Sheldon and Amy are as well. I don't think there's some secret agenda.

I've also been meaning to say, that I've been watching the show for years, before I became a shamy shipper only recently. Although I've been rewatching every season wearing my shamy-shipper-glasses, I still remember how I felt about the show before investing any emotions. I can honestly say that I enjoyed seeing Lenny, the interactions between Sheldon and Penny and I was intruiged by Amy turning Sheldon into an empathatic person. Yet I never felt any chemistry between Penny and Sheldon other than a platonic one.

I don't think I'll ever be able to watch the show this way anymore (since one cannot unsee things), I'll just try to keep in mind that I never doubted Lenny and Shamy being endgame. Maybe I'm just looking through the wrong end of the telescope now...

In a nutshell: No worries!

• Like 4

Going back to the episode, there's a few things I'm still confused about and kind of bug me. Maybe because since we don't have a detailed report or spoilers it's hard to pinpoint. But, I got the impression that in the premiere Sheldon was pretty devastated both at Amy breaking things off for good but perhaps even more so at Penny's insinuation that Amy had been planning to break up with him and she knew and that she thought he was a bad boyfriend. What I can't seem to reconcile is how that Sheldon seemingly reverts back to premiere Sheldon as if that never happened: he keeps stalking Amy and tries to win her back like Penny's words had no effect on him and he also seems to be back on friendly terms with Penny after he seemed pretty mad at her last week. Also, we don't seem to have any confrontation between Penny and Amy to clarify whether those words were just Penny summarizing things in her own way or actual things Amy said to her, or about Amy and her apparent regret/second-guessing of her decision in the kitchen.

I don't know if those who went can shed some light on these things and whether there's any indication, overt or not, that those events are very much part of the story, rather than these episodes being just a string of gags along the lines of "How crazy/stalkerish/desperate can Sheldon get?". I understand if you don't want to dwell into much details given the whole drama with Bill (although he's given us his blessing to post spoilers and speculate, bless him!), but I'm left scratching my head here. There was a lot of emotional material that has pretty substantial weight on the relationship and I kind of worry that it's going to get lost amidst the jokes, that the writers will forget about it and just wrap up their breakup with the same kind of lame excuse they used to sweep Leonard's infidelity under the rug. I thought Sheldon and Amy's emotions in the premiere were very well justified and made sense for the story and were very interesting, whereas here it seems like all that's forgotten in the name of him being absurd and her shouting at him. When I think they are very important points that need to be addressed, or their reconciliation will come across as just patching things back together but leaving cracks. But, again, I wonder whether that's just a mistaken impression I'm getting from the tidbits you guys shared with us.

• Like 7

Going back to the episode, there's a few things I'm still confused about and kind of bug me. Maybe because since we don't have a detailed report or spoilers it's hard to pinpoint. But, I got the impression that in the premiere Sheldon was pretty devastated both at Amy breaking things off for good but perhaps even more so at Penny's insinuation that Amy had been planning to break up with him and she knew and that she thought he was a bad boyfriend. What I can't seem to reconcile is how that Sheldon seemingly reverts back to premiere Sheldon as if that never happened: he keeps stalking Amy and tries to win her back like Penny's words had no effect on him and he also seems to be back on friendly terms with Penny after he seemed pretty mad at her last week. Also, we don't seem to have any confrontation between Penny and Amy to clarify whether those words were just Penny summarizing things in her own way or actual things Amy said to her, or about Amy and her apparent regret/second-guessing of her decision in the kitchen.

I don't know if those who went can shed some light on these things and whether there's any indication, overt or not, that those events are very much part of the story, rather than these episodes being just a string of gags along the lines of "How crazy/stalkerish/desperate can Sheldon get?". I understand if you don't want to dwell into much details given the whole drama with Bill (although he's given us his blessing to post spoilers and speculate, bless him!), but I'm left scratching my head here. There was a lot of emotional material that has pretty substantial weight on the relationship and I kind of worry that it's going to get lost amidst the jokes, that the writers will forget about it and just wrap up their breakup with the same kind of lame excuse they used to sweep Leonard's infidelity under the rug. I thought Sheldon and Amy's emotions in the premiere were very well justified and made sense for the story and were very interesting, whereas here it seems like all that's forgotten in the name of him being absurd and her shouting at him. When I think they are very important points that need to be addressed, or their reconciliation will come across as just patching things back together but leaving cracks. But, again, I wonder whether that's just a mistaken impression I'm getting from the tidbits you guys shared with us.

Referring to the bold part; I've also been wondering about this. Sheldon seemed to be pretty shaken by Penny's statement. I can only guess that he's still denying it. He seems pretty adept at repressing emotional issues. I can also imagine we'll be left in the dark on this matter. They have done this multiple times before. For instance, whatever happened to Stephanie? Still wondering if I missed something..

On the other hand I wouldn't mind more detail on this, either. Some of us won't be able to watch season 9 until next year..

Edited by Juni
  • Like 1

The thing is we saw nothing last season that suggests Amy wants to break up with Sheldon, seems like the writers threw in the line from Penny to get a bit of drama because that came out of nowhere

Just like the break up

• Like 8

When I woke up this morning I had an overwhelming feeling that Amy would find out that indeed the Lenny wedding pressie from Sheldon - the SF trip was booked as a surprise for her by Sheldon for the two of them with lots of things they'd enjoy doing together......she's overcome with emotion and realises that she's been too hasty and goes to see him.......

How I wish this would come true !!!

Anyway it brightened my day thought I'd share with you guys :) 

• Like 9

When I woke up this morning I had an overwhelming feeling that Amy would find out that indeed the Lenny wedding pressie from Sheldon - the SF trip was booked as a surprise for her by Sheldon for the two of them with lots of things they'd enjoy doing together......she's overcome with emotion and realises that she's been too hasty and goes to see him.......

How I wish this would come true !!!

Anyway it brightened my day thought I'd share with you guys :) 

I had a similar thought actually. *highfives*

Especially with Lenny allegedly not being happy with the present I wonder if Penny tells Amy about it and they go "waitaminute!" and put 2 and 2 together. Cause from what I can tell so far nobody knows about what Sheldon was up to and maybe they throw a few hints towards Amy and have her figuring it out bit by bit. Who knows, could be fun!

• Like 7