[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

35 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

In defence of the discussion thread, it can be a little harsh at times, especially as there seems to be two posters just going at each other BUT it can be insightful and interesting also :)

Put the peeps that irk you on ignore and dig in peeps! It's a shame that there are great posters just hanging out in this thread not joining in! <3 

it seems like a lot of the posters almost have sort of a resentment toward Sheldon and/or Shamy because of all the attention they're getting this season so I'm more in favor of staying here and gushing about (and over-analyzing) every sweet little thing shamy does :icon_cheesygrin: especially in the individual episode threads you can tell when it's a very Shamy episode many people say "I didn't find this episode funny at all" so I can't really relate lol... and in this episode some people have gotten a little concerned about Lenny (which I can understand but at the same time I'm not worried about them at all! - but I'm not a hardcore Lenny shipper so I'm not analyzing things as much!).... and when something happens to one ship, somehow the discussion thread always always ALWAYS becomes: image.thumb.jpeg.254beadbf45a3f3d357ca43

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

it seems like a lot of the posters almost have sort of a resentment toward Sheldon and/or Shamy because of all the attention they're getting this season so I'm more in favor of staying here and gushing about (and over-analyzing) every sweet little thing shamy does :icon_cheesygrin: especially in the individual episode threads you can tell when it's a very Shamy episode many people say "I didn't find this episode funny at all" so I can't really relate lol... and in this episode some people have gotten a little concerned about Lenny (which I can understand but at the same time I'm not worried about them at all! - but I'm not a hardcore Lenny shipper so I'm not analyzing things as much!).... and when something happens to one ship, somehow the discussion thread always always ALWAYS becomes: image.thumb.jpeg.254beadbf45a3f3d357ca43

Yup that is all true but it's a bit sad that people think this is the only thread they can hang out in :( 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kennykoala said:

Had a dream last night ( yes I watched the Big Bang theory before going to bed!) that the gang went to a party and Shamy went as the 11th doctor and Amy pond. It was so cute! This needs to happen in reality in a future episode!!! 

Big YES on going to a costume party as DW characters. Big NO on Eleven and Amy Pond though. lol

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, April said:

Big YES on going to a costume party as DW characters. Big NO on Eleven and Amy Pond though. lol

Thank you! I didn't want to be a buzzkill but Eleven and Amy aren't a couple! Amy & Rory forever <3

Eleven and River Song on the other hand.... <3

*gets back in the tardis*

• Like 4

out of ALL the couples on the show, Shamy were/are the only ones to broach the subject of children THIS OFTEN! 

(but the conversation has come a long way since season 4's  petri dish offspring...) :icon_wink:

and the writers are messing with us. At least one couple will have had a child by the end of the series. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

Thank you! I didn't want to be a buzzkill but Eleven and Amy aren't a couple! Amy & Rory forever <3

River song and eleven would be so good!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

Naaah, not Eleven and River either! ughh That is so not them! My take:

1) Sheldon already has a Fourth Doctor costume and he looked adorable in it, so that'd be a good choice. Amy could be either Romana (Mary Tamm version fits better with Amy's look) or Sarah Jane Smith!

2) Alternatively, seeing as Sheldon is a tall lanky guy with short brown hair, blue eyes, regional accent*... put him in a jumper and a leather jacket and he'd make a damn fine Ninth Doctor! (*well, not a Northern accent but you could have a nice twist like "If you're supposed to be the Ninth Doctor how come you sound like you're from the South?" - "Lots of planets have a South!") Dressing Amy up as Rose is a bit tricky cause she's neither blonde nor fits her street style. But there was an episode with Rose in a lovely periodic dress and a nice hair-do that would look amazing on Amy! To round this off you could have a scene when Sheldon sees her for the first time in costume, stares at her in awe and quotes the show: "Blimey! You look beautiful!"

... uhm... sorry, I got carried away... lol

19 minutes ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

out of ALL the couples on the show, Shamy were/are the only ones to broach the subject of children THIS OFTEN! 

(but the conversation has come a long way since season 4's  petri dish offspring...) :icon_wink:

and the writers are messing with us. At least one couple will have had a child by the end of the series. 

Howardette broach the subject ever so often as well. But with them it's a more serious topic about the logistics of child rearing since Bernie seems to only slowly warming up to the idea.

With Shamy they seem to have a bit more idealistic day-dreamy "wouldn't it be great?" attitude when they actually talk about them. Like, I can only imagine their initial plans of gifting the world with their offspring would be a back and forth along the lines of "omg our kids would be the most brilliant superior human beings ever!!" (not in those exact words, obviously). And the Mars application talk was also just "that would be so cool!!" I find that enthusiasm so adorable! lol

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, April said:

or Sarah Jane Smith!

Oh, definitely SJS. :cool: 

14 minutes ago, April said:

Dressing Amy up as Rose is a bit tricky cause she's neither blonde nor fits her street style.

Amy's definitely not a Rose Tyler.

18 minutes ago, April said:

Don't apologize for getting carried away.

That's where fanfic stories come from.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kennykoala said:

Had a dream last night ( yes I watched the Big Bang theory before going to bed!) that the gang went to a party and Shamy went as the 11th doctor and Amy pond. It was so cute! This needs to happen in reality in a future episode!!! 

I like the idea. But I'd like rather prefer a surprised twist. Maybe a choice like this? (no offense) :buba:

10-1.jpg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, April said:

Naaah, not Eleven and River either! ughh That is so not them! My take:

1) Sheldon already has a Fourth Doctor costume and he looked adorable in it, so that'd be a good choice. Amy could be either Romana (Mary Tamm version fits better with Amy's look) or Sarah Jane Smith!

2) Alternatively, seeing as Sheldon is a tall lanky guy with short brown hair, blue eyes, regional accent*... put him in a jumper and a leather jacket and he'd make a damn fine Ninth Doctor! (*well, not a Northern accent but you could have a nice twist like "If you're supposed to be the Ninth Doctor how come you sound like you're from the South?" - "Lots of planets have a South!") Dressing Amy up as Rose is a bit tricky cause she's neither blonde nor fits her street style. But there was an episode with Rose in a lovely periodic dress and a nice hair-do that would look amazing on Amy! To round this off you could have a scene when Sheldon sees her for the first time in costume, stares at her in awe and quotes the show: "Blimey! You look beautiful!"

I'm game for Fourth Doctor and Sarah Jane! (and they could get a Giuseppe and dress him as K-9!)

oh dear god Sheldon as the ninth Doctor tho.... :wub: 

image.jpeg.af8e5481598df4f94deda8a62ddec

and if Shamy was Ten and Rose Sheldon would have to say "Amy Farrah Fowler...." :cry: 

i would also love to see them as a cyberman and a weeping angel! and that would work out because Sheldon can't keep his eyes off of her ;) 

wow ok, I'm done with my doctor who feels I swear! when fandoms collide.... :) 

(they could also be Sherlolly from Sherlock... ;) ok I'm done lol) 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

I read a fan fiction which had a few chapters about Sheldon and Amy going to a Halloween Party at the comic book store as The Eleventh Doctor and River Song!

It's in the first story of a terrific anthology called Shamyverse.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

I'm game for Fourth Doctor and Sarah Jane! (and they could get a Giuseppe and dress him as K-9!)

oh dear god Sheldon as the ninth Doctor tho.... :wub: 

image.jpeg.af8e5481598df4f94deda8a62ddec

and if Shamy was Ten and Rose Sheldon would have to say "Amy Farrah Fowler...." :cry: 

Just stick with Nine/Rose and you get all the shippy goodies with almost none of the angst! Incredibly shippy quotes, lots of hand holding, dancing, and to top it all off the biggest damn kiss surrounded by magic glowing light and golden sparkles! lol Sheldon could quote Nine all night like "I think you need a Doctor!" before kissing Amy. haha

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, April said:

Just stick with Nine/Rose and you get all the shippy goodies with almost none of the angst! Incredibly shippy quotes, lots of hand holding, dancing, and to top it all off the biggest damn kiss surrounded by magic glowing light and golden sparkles! lol Sheldon could quote Nine all night like "I think you need a Doctor!" before kissing Amy. haha

a new way for them to play doctor! :icon_redface:

2 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

I wish I could understand a single thing about Doctor Who and join the conversation lol

I used to watch faithfully, not any more...I was obsessed with the Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker)...he's the one that Sheldon dressed up as when Amy installed the Tardis doors.  My daughter and nieces are very into the current series.

I used to love when Jim would be a guest on Craig Ferguson's late night talk show and he would playfully torture Jim over his lack of Dr. Who knowledge. Craig is a huge Dr. Who fan.

The cast got booed at Comic Con one year for not knowing what a Tardis was  :sarcastic:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I used to watch faithfully, not any more...I was obsessed with the Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker)...he's the one that Sheldon dressed up as when Amy installed the Tardis doors.  My daughter and nieces are very into the current series.

I used to love when Jim would be a guest on Craig Ferguson's late night talk show and he would playfully torture Jim over his lack of Dr. Who knowledge. Craig is a huge Dr. Who fan.

The cast got booed at Comic Con one year for not knowing what a Tardis was  :sarcastic:

What? Lol, is there any vídeo of this?

Just gonna throw this in:

Ten & Donna

I say this only cause Shamy are about the friendship factor before anything else and that reminds me of Ten & Donna. And their equals too :biggrin: #parallels

I'm hoping Amy gets those TARDIS doors back & they can get some kinky DW shit going on. 

(Sorry I've just read jenafan's fic #sorrynotsorry) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

What? Lol, is there any vídeo of this?

Search YouTube for TBBT Comic Con 2011..

Somebody asked about Dr. Who and the Tardis and the cast all started looking back and forth at each other going "whats that?"  That's when the booing started.  The moderator, Chris Hardwick, scolded the audience.  It's pretty funny.

2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Oh, definitely SJS. :cool: 

Amy's definitely not a Rose Tyler.

Don't apologize for getting carried away.

That's where fanfic stories come from.

I shall cry if anybody dresses as Sarah Jane. I miss her. But if anybody does, it has to be Amy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amy Fowler said:

Just gonna throw this in:

Ten & Donna

I say this only cause Shamy are about the friendship factor before anything else and that reminds me of Ten & Donna. And their equals too :biggrin: #parallels

I'm hoping Amy gets those TARDIS doors back & they can get some kinky DW shit going on. 

(Sorry I've just read jenafan's fic #sorrynotsorry) 

If they had the entire TARDIS they could do there. Probably there's not too much space.

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic