[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

2 hours ago, Ranger Rosa said:

I wish I could understand a single thing about Doctor Who and join the conversation lol

You and me both.   I know nothing about it.   When they started talking about the ninth doctor and rose, I was like , what is this and who are these people?

Now I feel compelled to check out this couple to see what all the hoopla is about and why it would be so perfect Shamy.

• Like 2

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, jenafan said:

You and me both.   I know nothing about it.   When they started talking about the ninth doctor and rose, I was like , what is this and who are these people?

Now I feel compelled to check out this couple to see what all the hoopla is about and why it would be so perfect Shamy.

I knew who they were because I usually search previous works of actors I like in a movie/show and I did it with David Tennant after finish "Jessica Jones". But "Doctor Who"? I watched a episode and at the end I was like "that's it?". I expected more, but it's a good show.

I hope I haven't woken the rage of the British with this comment lol

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

I only watched Dr who when the gorgeous David Tennant was in it

He is a great actor, even playing a bad guy. I can't hate his character, I kinda of shipped Kilgrave and Jessica for a few episodes!

I watched a re-run tonight of season 5's finale "The Countdown Reflection" where Howard and Bernie tie the knot. I was struck by just how upset Amy got when she learned of the plan to have a quick courthouse ceremony (screencap below)...she bolts from the couch and shouts "no no NO this is NOT the wedding I wanted! I wanna wear my maid of honor dress and walk down the aisle witha hundred eyes on me while a string quartet plays "The Way You Look Tonight"!

a few of us debated after the Shamy break up, and after learning of the ring, how a reconciliation and a Shamy wedding would go if there was one. I personally thought that Amy would still want a special and traditional wedding.

knowing how things went with the reconciliation and eventual bedroom scene Im curious if anyone has since given any thoughts as to how a wedding would go? Amy clearly overthought how sex would be and was super nervous about it, though she enjoyed it a lot.

will she downplay expectations for her own wedding or hold onto whatever notion she has of the perfect wedding when the time comes? weigh in!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Maybe Sheldon and/or Amy have a dream, about having a baby.

Maybe the dream is triggered by a pregnancy scare.

Perhaps Amy's late, and, while waiting to visit the doctor, for a pregnancy test, one or other (or both) have a dream involving a baby.

Indeed, maybe the second word, beginning with M, on the script cover, is "Maternity".

Do they match any of other's rooms?

Howard and Bernadette's?

Raj and Emily's?

I like to think they used protection and that a pregnancy scare would be unlikely even in a dream. They both value "preparedness" after all...Howard and Bernie on the other hand... 

9 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Yup that is all true but it's a bit sad that people think this is the only thread they can hang out in :( 

I tend to lurk in the DT because, like you said, there are some really good posters there (some of which are our own Shamy shippers here) that have insightful and relevant thoughts to offer...I hesitate to make my own comments there because of the snide comments some of the few tend to throw back. My own personality is one which would react to it in kind, and I don't like to fall into that trap. We aren't immune to it here in the Shamy thread but it happens less often....

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Ranger Rosa said:

I knew who they were because I usually search previous works of actors I like in a movie/show and I did it with David Tennant after finish "Jessica Jones". But "Doctor Who"? I watched a episode and at the end I was like "that's it?". I expected more, but it's a good show.

I hope I haven't woken the rage of the British with this comment lol

No rage from this Brit anyway.  BBC Cymru make some of the best TV going. Matt Smith was the nearest in character to 'my' doctors, Hartnell and Troughton. They are 'mine' because I was a teenager when they were on.  We were frightened by Daleks because of what they represented and I'm glad Sheldon wants to fight them.  Our generation was born into the aftermath of the consequences of naziism to parents whose own teens and twenties had been dogged by preparation for invasion as well as fighting.  It seemed only right that the early companions were teachers. Sarah Jane was the first one who was my age and she straddled the Pertwee and Baker years. She did radio while her daughter was young and then returned to TV with K9 in A Girl's Best Friend  and then with David Tennant in the Dr Who episode School Reunion.  Tom Baker still does  Dr Who on radio. I don't know if they showed The Sarah Jane Adventures in the USA. You can see the last two Doctors before this one ( Smith and Tennant ) popping up in there. SJA would still be going if Elisabeth Sladen hadn't died. It was a great spin-off of totally different style from Torchwood.

The easiest BBT character to make into Sarah Jane Smith for a fancy dress party would be Amy. I can see Bernadette as Donna and Penny as Rose. Howard could be Donna's granddad. At a stretch, Emily could be River. Raj could be Rory the faithful and devoted centurion, husband, medic, and father of River, as could Sheldon.

I wish they would put some Doctor Who cast or characters in BBT. I have had to google all the ones at whom the audience cheer, having never previously heard of Wil Wheaton, Levar Burton etc etc. Bob Newhart I remember from radio many years ago. It was a friend I'm trying to recruit to BBT fandom who told me the other day that he's a Jedi now. I didn't know what those robes were.

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Well we know from 08/24 that it has to be indoors. :)

Which confused me because Howardette's was outdoors, and Sheldon didn't complain.

Edited by jenafan

2 hours ago, mirs1 said:

For me the lesson she learnt from the break up is that to be happy she doesn't need that all her expectation for romance have to be fulfilled, she doesn't need dinners, romantic dates, flowers, but that a morning trip to an aquarium with the only person she has ever loved is more than enough. She  just needs Sheldon for who he is...It is funny, though, that as soon as she realized that and she got back with Sheldon, she also got flowers and romantic dates...So, my guess for their wedding (whenever it will take place) is that she will lessen her "romantic" expectations about it, maybe she will give up to "The way you look tonight" and agree to a Tardis shaped wedding cake. Sheldon, on the other hand, is very attached to social conventions, once he embrace the "romance" he goes all for it, the flowers and the balloon in 9.11 were so telling that he wanted to do everything right for her that night; so all thing considered, I think he will insist on a traditional wedding, with music, isle, cake, all the package. I think that, among all couples, Shamy is the most likely to have a traditional-type wedding (they got the impromptu-type wedding with Howardette, the LV-type wedding with Lenny and if Raj gets married he can have a traditional Indian-type wedding). Anyway, a traditional wedding in a sit-com is difficult to organize; you have to book actors as family members, for example. And Sheldon's mother and now meemaw (so happy we will meet her!!!) are pretty famous and busy actresses, and there's also Amy's mother, if we low down the number of people who just HAVE to be there to make it believable. Complicated sets have to be arranged in a show which is taped  in front of an audience, and the same goes for customs and make up. In the show they have never done something like that, so I'm very curious whether they will do it for Shamy or they will decide for something less conventional and easier to organize. 

Amy's reaction during the Howardette wedding may also be about Amy's desire at that point to belong and/or be the centre of attention. She knows that she belongs now, and if she and Sheldon were getting married, she could be the centre of attention even in a Doctor Who-themed wedding. That is, if she is so adamant about either of those things anymore.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Which confused me because Howardette's was outdoors, and Sheldon didn't complain.

Maybe the fact that this way he was going to be on Google Earth was enough to convince him to RSVP yes...Amy was happy that her dress was going to be on a map!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jenafan said:

lol I love dragging people into my favourite shows! muahahaha

If you wanna give it a try be warned it's a somewhat low-budget family show that comes with a good slice of ham and cheese. But it has a lot of heart and is really fun and engaging if you just roll with it! :D

• Like 3

Could the picture with the fake toddler be about Sheldon's nephew ?

Meamaw could come to Passadena with him and Missy, oooor, our dearest Shamy could pay a visit to Texas ???

Can't wait to see Amy with Meamaw :) I've been waiting for that for ages!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arduina said:

Could the picture with the fake toddler be about Sheldon's nephew ?

Meamaw could come to Passadena with him and Missy, oooor, our dearest Shamy could pay a visit to Texas ???

Can't wait to see Amy with Meamaw :) I've been waiting for that for ages!

Yeah, that doll being a replacement for Sheldon's nephew seems to be the most likely.

I don't even know what I'd like to see more: Meemaw and her great grandson visiting Passadena or Shamy going to Texas. Though I'd think for the latter they'd have cast more of Sheldon's family? Then again Idk if they'd announce if the actress for Missy was coming back (I can't believe we've only seen her in one episode so so long ago. I quite liked her!)... but surely we'd know if Laurie Metcalf returns... hmmm...

The TR can't come soon enough! haha

14 minutes ago, Radar said:

Wow, 800 pages! And with meemaw making her first appearance soon (YEAH! :party:) plus the ring being still out there, I'm sure: We will hit 1000 pages this season! Go, Shamys! xD

And we're only halfway through the season! lol

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Radar said:

Wow, 800 pages! And with meemaw making her first appearance soon (YEAH! :party:) plus the ring being still out there, I'm sure: We will hit 1000 pages this season! Go, Shamys! xD

I bet we'll go way past 1000 pages this season, especially when the ring's still out there. There's a lot of possible storylines for Shamy to be explored and the more we get Shamy the more we'll have stuff to (over)analyze and speculate! :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Ranger Rosa said:

I'm starting to think that this doll have nothing to do with the show, it's just...a doll. I hope I'm wrong.

It's a possibility. I still think it's very likely that it's Sheldon's nephew, but it could also be nothing, just a prop they found. Or it could have nothing to do with Shamy. I would love to see them babysit or interact with a kid, so I do hope it is his nephew. Fingers crossed!

I assume we won't see Missy or Mary (I might be wrong though), so would it be more likely if Shamy visit Texas than Meemaw traveling alone with a kid? Whatever the case is, I just hope we'll see Amy interacting with Meemaw. Gaah I need that TR asap!

• Like 4

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic