The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

I had a similar thought actually. *highfives*

Especially with Lenny allegedly not being happy with the present I wonder if Penny tells Amy about it and they go "waitaminute!" and put 2 and 2 together. Cause from what I can tell so far nobody knows about what Sheldon was up to and maybe they throw a few hints towards Amy and have her figuring it out bit by bit. Who knows, could be fun!

Oooh imagine that really did happen !!!! I would LOVE that !. 

*Highfive * indeed :) 

No point in getting our hopes up though, I'm usually really really bad at getting these things right haha !!

• Like 2

Lol I dreamed Shamy were not together but talking normally.

Suddenly it turned into a musical episode :D

#Crazymind #stillbetterthenthefirsttwoepisodes

• Like 8

Lol I dreamed Shamy were not together but talking normally.

Suddenly it turned into a musical episode :D

#Crazymind #stillbetterthenthefirsttwoepisodes

Haha oh dear , they are taking over in all our minds....even in sleep !! 

• Like 3

Awwww, thank you Desdemona! My fic has been stalling for nearly a year now, but it's still gnawing at me. :( I have everything planned out already but it's been really hard to find the time to write it into chapters and now to find the motivation. And I was so happy with S8 I got lazy. lol. I will finish it one day because I hate leaving things unfinished, it's just that right now thinking of what I had planned given the current status of the Shamy makes me sad. :icon_cry:

I can totally understand that Koops! We all are suffering as much as Shamy does, maybe we are suffering even more, because of Leonard´s nightmare. Shame on Leonard! If I could I would shake this nightmare out of him.

But you can use your frustration as a motor to write your story, to get your own happy ending for Shamy. This can be very satisfactory and healing, trust me. I hope, that you regain your motivation to write it down what´s in your mind. I´m very curious to read it!

I don´t know if that´s correct, but I once heard that the human brain, processes the data it saved during the day and develops the information while we are sleeping. But sometimes it mixes up things and that´s why we have nightmares. So it would make sense if Leonard´s mixing up his fear to loose Penny and the fact, that his friend is suffering and may look for revenge, for the pain he is suffering. I know, this i s not the reason why the writers did write such a shitty opening, but I´m looking for a reason to struggle with this "incident".

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 3

I honestly don't think it's such a good idea write a story when you want to heal your frustration. At least when I run into that kind of story, it usually is very much visible and it feels like writers are trying to correct characters to fit their wishes, usually ending with very different characters that those from the show. But that's just my opinion. Anyway, I too enjoy koops perspective on characters and I find them very logical and insightful so yes, I would definitely give her story a try ;)

• Like 3

When I woke up this morning I had an overwhelming feeling that Amy would find out that indeed the Lenny wedding pressie from Sheldon - the SF trip was booked as a surprise for her by Sheldon for the two of them with lots of things they'd enjoy doing together......she's overcome with emotion and realises that she's been too hasty and goes to see him.......

How I wish this would come true !!!

Anyway it brightened my day thought I'd share with you guys :) 

Me too!!! I´m curious if we get to see, what Sheldon had planned for this trip. (if he booked a room, or a table for dinner, or any other hints that this trip was meant to be a romantic trip for them, because he never booked a trip for him and Amy, so I wonder what his intention was). Maybe this was meant to be their second sleepover and I get excited, just thinking that Sheldon could have asked Amy to spend the night next to him in one bed...

But I´m sorry to say that, but I don´t think that their problem will be resolved so easily, the writers want us to suffer a little bit more, before they reunite our beloved couple.

• Like 3

ALL RIGHT ...I just watched the last episode of season 8 ... YUP they are broken up .... Amy finally has had it with Sheldon's self centered outlook on life ...

I suggest you look at this episode again with out ROSE colored glasses, Amy is really ticked off at Sheldon and he thinks its HER FAULT  ... even when he is talking to Leonard and Penny its all about him ...

Anyway this is the season that SHELDON GROWS UP .... it may take 4 to 6 episodes but he may come around ... he will realize that he NEEDS Amy and he might even consider he made a mistake ... hard to tell until they air these episodes .... this is my take on the Sheldon/Amy break up story line ... SHELDON  MUST GROW UP ....

• Like 1

I honestly don't think it's such a good idea write a story when you want to heal your frustration. At least when I run into that kind of story, it usually is very much visible and it feels like writers are trying to correct characters to fit their wishes, usually ending with very different characters that those from the show. But that's just my opinion. Anyway, I too enjoy koops perspective on characters and I find them very logical and insightful so yes, I would definitely give her story a try ;)

Aw, thanks for the support guys! But I do agree with you, Tallin. I find that a frustrated/disheartened mindset is not a good mindset to write stories in. I personally want to enjoy the process and have fun with it, not use it as a venting outlet. There's the forum for that! ;) I mean, in my case the whole story was already planned from start to end last year, so it's not much of a problem of wanting to "fix" canon, as much as sticking to the vision I had back then knowing how canon is playing out. That is hard for me. I can't really disconnect the two. 

When I woke up this morning I had an overwhelming feeling that Amy would find out that indeed the Lenny wedding pressie from Sheldon - the SF trip was booked as a surprise for her by Sheldon for the two of them with lots of things they'd enjoy doing together......she's overcome with emotion and realises that she's been too hasty and goes to see him.......

How I wish this would come true !!!

Anyway it brightened my day thought I'd share with you guys :) 

Can this happen please? .....and maybe include cotius  :rolleyes: #justsayin

SHELDON  MUST GROW UP ....

THIS

Unfortunately I can see the writers just opting out for a 'lets make something really bad happen so Sheldon has to grow up' and be where he needs to be for Amy. Which, yay Shamy!, isn't what the shows been about so... be interesting to see what they do just hope its not what I said :p

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 4

I would thought that episode would be the best time to have Amy go off on a little trip to get away from Sheldon for a few days.  Amy would have a few days to calm down and miss Sheldon, and he have a chance to think things through.  So Mayim not be able to do much if anything in episode five would be fine and logical for the story.

I was thinking the exact same thing, that the writers are timing all of this with Mayim's schedule so that the reconciliation will occur after her absence.

I thought she'd do the same thing that Sheldon did to her on the train.   She would just up and leave and doesn't tell him.   She is not answering any of his electronic communication.  Sheldon goes to her apartment and finds she is gone.  He cannot interact with her anymore, because let's face it, even while broken up, Sheldon is still finding excuses to be with her and get attention.  So, he is still getting a little bit of his Amy fix on.    You can see this by how excited he gets in the S92 tag scene, even though she is mad, he got her attention.  He hasn't had a chance to really come to grips of what a break up means.

Amy leaving for some needed solace, for a family emergency, or travel for work where he cannot get a hold of her would cause Sheldon to face the reality of life and loneliness without her, which could be the catalyst for him changing his approach to getting her back. 

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 5

I was thinking the exact same thing, that the writers are timing all of this with Mayim's schedule so that the reconciliation will occur after her absence.

Mayim has in her contract that she needs to appear in each episode.

then can ofcourse write less scenes for her, but she will be in each episode.

• Like 1

I had a similar thought actually. *highfives*

Especially with Lenny allegedly not being happy with the present I wonder if Penny tells Amy about it and they go "waitaminute!" and put 2 and 2 together. Cause from what I can tell so far nobody knows about what Sheldon was up to and maybe they throw a few hints towards Amy and have her figuring it out bit by bit. Who knows, could be fun!

I love this idea.  Maybe this is also how we find out more about the ring.   Knowing Sheldon so well, maybe Leonard confronts Sheldon about the tickets and Sheldon reveals to his best friend, in confidence, what he had planned for Amy.  

• Like 2

It depends on the person of course. In my case, it helps me to face the situation and to find some answers, how Shamy could solve their problem. I know, they will find a way back to each other, it´s just that this will take weeks and I´m impatient, so I distract myself in the meantime, writing short Shamy stories, reading comments here and discussing about the show with you guys. I´m so glad, to have you guys, otherwise I would get nuts, because I have no one to talk about Shamy, neither of my friends understand my addiction for Shamy.

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 2

Maybe this was meant to be their second sleepover and I get excited, just thinking that Sheldon could have asked Amy to spend the night next to him in one bed...

I have goose bumps thinking about this, too, Desdemona.   Sometimes the things we learn off-camera are more exciting than what we see happening on screen.   Let's hope the writer's go there and we get some back story of Sheldon's intentions.  He was extremely comfortable with Amy on the couch on their Anniversary, and I struggle to believe there wasn't something more behind it, that this was going to be his gift to her.

I loved the spoiler that Sheldon and Amy went to the skating rink together, even though Sheldon did his thing on the sidelines, it's still nice to hear about the things they do that we don't see.   Sheldon had Amy's scarf, and Amy never realized it was missing.   So Sweet!   Sad that he brought back to her, because of "social convention" but this was really just an excuse to see her and taunt her. 

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 5

To me it's not even the "It's all Sheldon's fault" right now, because well... in the first two eps he is a bit of an ass. Well intentioned, but still an ass : p   To me it's this "He has to realize how much he needs Amy!!" nonsense. Look, we can argue all we want over whether Sheldon *acts* like a good boyfriend and all. But I think it's pretty evident that Sheldon knows very well he needs and wants Amy by now. He wouldn't have that ring if he didn't. And he wouldn't be climbing the walls to get her back. Sheldon knows how he feels about her and how much she means to him. That ship has sailed and he has nothing to learn there. What he has to learn is how to communicate what's inside that big bulbous brain of his.

And, once again, I BEG YOU writers. Please let this story be more than just about what Sheldon has to learn. The whole thing originally seemed to start as if we were FINALLY getting some insight into Amy's head and what she wants and what she needs. Now we are back to the usual circus of Sheldon doing wacky stuff and "needing to learn". *Groans* There is nothing less exciting to me than the idea of episode after episode of Sheldon trying different things until eventually he stumbles upon the one method that makes Amy go "good boy!" and give him a treat like he's one of her trained monkeys and he gets her back and that's it. I want to see Amy's side too, I want to see her struggle in her own way, I want to see her deal with the situation, a situation she finds herself in for a decision in the heat of the moment. Not just Sheldon having to learn the lesson of what it means to be broken up, because, once again, broken up is done. Over. Finished. If anything, I do not want him (or Amy, for that matter) to learn how to deal with a breakup like a "normal" boyfriend because I do not want this to be another pedestrian "breakup" in the first place. If they really have to go through this, at least have them go through this in their own way.

I think it´s a learning process for both of them, because both have their problems to read through the lines and to listen to the partner precisely. They really have to learn to communicate, so the partner can understand what´s going on and they can try to solve their problems. Amy should have told Sheldon what exactly her problem is (well she gave a little insight into her mind in episode 8x24 when she claimed that Sheldon had serious attention defficiencies. I mean, 40 % of him was with Amy but the rest of his mind was turning around The Flash and what else. If she had said to Sheldon: "Listen Sheldon, you are 40 % with me, but I want you to be with 100 % with me,when we are together", he would have understood. But there´s something else buried inside of her that needs to be set free. Let´s see when it will come up....

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 5

Ok, here is what I remember.  Yes, in the premiere Sheldon looks shocked to find out from Penny that Amy has been thinking about this for a long time.  We see no communication from Penny & Amy BUT I didn't get the feeling Amy has point blank said that BUT we do know she's expressed frustrations about Sheldon through the years.  And Penny probably thinks the physical stuff is a big issue (based off the finale when Penny says to Sheldon "you've been together for 5 years and you haven't even slept together").  For somebody like Penny she probably sees this as a bigger issue and hearing Amy probably make digs through the years, she came to conclusion that yea, Amy has been unhappy for a while. I wouldn't read into this to much, JMO.  Its more speculations from Penny.

Now, it did shock Sheldon to the core and I think he is now at the place of trying to make her jealous and also making her miss him. 

In episode 2 we see the Skype call, we find out that he reaches out to contact her every 20 minutes (no breathing space), he mentions that they have a baby together to which Amy is like WTF, and he says FWFs....she just rolls her eyes and says no (so here he is trying to use a little guilt of the baby reference and FWF to get her to come back).  In this scene she says "I am seeing you more now broken up then before" to which he says "see that's why you should come back to me".  She also says "I know this is hard, its hard for me too". 

Then we see the box exchange.  I already wrote the scene in detail, but Sheldon first saying "we made a great team"...then switching over to trying to imply he is getting around (failing horribly at this) is more of signs of him trying to get her back

Then the FWF nightmare.  He is angry and hurt, clear as day and loves & misses her so bad.  You see her watching at her apartment (and for a split second you think "aww she still cares" but we find out later he sent her the link")  We've all done this when you break-up or are in fight with your ex, you lash out but it was lashing out filled with digs to make her feel guilty but in a sweet way.  He said (using country flags to make his point) that she got him/her a birthday cake and ate it even though it tasted horrible. What does that tell you?  And then he says something like "You/We aren't getting any younger".  SO yea, were they nice digs NO, but were they filled with Sheldony goodness YES.  And true to his character, that's how Sheldon expresses himself

and then last you see the tag door exchange.  He still thinks these crazy antics are working.  And as you can see, its not working and she is getting more mad and frustrated.  So, I think the Bad Boyfriend line from Penny did shock him and not always the best with dealing with emotions, Sheldon choose to probably google this stuff and try these antics.  I'm pretty sure next few episodes we will see him come back to focus and really get whats going on. 

He has this timeline for them.  That's pretty clear now, and she broke that.  He had the engagement/sex/marriage/babies/etc all probably plotted out and BOOM is ruined now.  But again, its only been two episodes.  I see major hope from all of this.  And every jab is filled with a double meaning.  And that's not even the half of the sexual innuendos mixed in. 

Amy will realize what she had and appreciate him.  Sheldon will realize she needs to be #1 and be a bit more selfish towards her.  I still don't see them not being in scenes together or anything.  But this episode two stuff kinda needed to happen (and a lot of it was sweetness filled with pain)

So indirectly in the premiere we saw he stalk her but didn't really do anything. In episode 2 you see him try crazy antics to try and win her back. 

Kerry, thank you so much for all of this info. Hearing this increases my hope for them and makes me more inclined to want to continue with the show instead of wanting to look for a new obsession. It's probably gonna be hard but if the next few episodes show that S/A are on better terms then I think I can handle it. I feel that the taint on the Shamy ship can disappear if the writers manage to handle their reconciliation well enough.

Besides that, I have given up on the idea of a quick reconciliation but I still think my limit would be November sweeps. 

• Like 4

The thing is we saw nothing last season that suggests Amy wants to break up with Sheldon, seems like the writers threw in the line from Penny to get a bit of drama because that came out of nowhere

Just like the break up

I have to wonder is Penny said that while angry with Leonard and hating men. I wonder if that is something that will bite Penny in the butt later with Amy. Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

I have to wonder is Penny said that while angry with Leonard and hating men. I wonder if that is something that will bite Penny in the butt later with Amy. Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I hope so! Amy needs to know about this information and then proceed

• Like 3