[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

7 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

I don't think anyone predicted it would be meemaw who would tell Amy about the ring.

But I think someone here guessed the title right! It was "The Meemaw Materialization" 

• Like 6

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

I predicted Meemaw and Amy would be butting heads. I'm actually relieved in a lot of ways cause it could have been worse. I don't mind Amy finding out about the ring now, personally I was glad he didn't get the words out right before the breakup. It kinda played that he was gonna propose over Skype. If Amy needed time at that point because of Sheldon's "distance" ..a Skype proposal isn't gonna help. It more proves her point. Why was the ring in his desk when he called, when next time we see it its in a lock box.  Not that I think Sheldon didn't deserve more then a Skype break up after 5 years either, but I guess the real breakup happened in season 9... Still as a viewer, all these big events happening while not in the same room together hinted at the problem.   

That is why the 2 back to back Skype episodes after coitus was weird to me, the main riff seems to be about that distance, they reunite, sleep together, more distance. I don't really get it. Don't mind me .. I'm just passionate about this I guess

Edited by EvilStewie
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, EvilStewie said:

I predicted Meemaw and Amy would be butting heads. I'm actually relieved in a lot of ways cause it could have been worse. I don't mind Amy finding out about the ring now, personally I was glad he didn't get the words out right before the breakup. It kinda played that he was gonna propose over Skype. If Amy needed time at that point because of Sheldon's "distance" ..a Skype proposal isn't gonna help. It more proves her point. Why was the ring in his desk when he called, when next time we see it its in a lock box.  Not that I think Sheldon didn't deserve more then a Skype break up after 5 years either, but I guess the real breakup happened in season 9... Still as a viewer, all these big events happening while not in the same room together hinted at the problem.   

While I agree that the distance hinted at their problems I'm not entirely sure that Sheldon would have actually proposed over skype. (Unless that was indeed clarified in a spoiler and I missed that detail??) I would think that it simply was in the drawer simply because he wanted to ask her around that time. But then the breakup happened, and he only kept the ring because of Mary's insistence so stored it away in the safe since he didn't think he'd use it anytime soon.

1 hour ago, EvilStewie said:

That is why the 2 back to back Skype episodes after coitus was weird to me, the main riff seems to be about that distance, they reunite, sleep together, more distance. I don't really get it. Don't mind me .. I'm just passionate about this I guess

Idk I'm not particularly bothered because even though there's physical distance between them in those episodes their skype calls show us clearly that they're close on an emotional level and the bond between them seems to be stronger than ever.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, April said:

While I agree that the distance hinted at their problems I'm not entirely sure that Sheldon would have actually proposed over skype. (Unless that was indeed clarified in a spoiler and I missed that detail??) I would think that it simply was in the drawer simply because he wanted to ask her around that time. But then the breakup happened, and he only kept the ring because of Mary's insistence so stored it away in the safe since he didn't think he'd use it anytime soon.

Idk I'm not particularly bothered because even though there's physical distance between them in those episodes their skype calls show us clearly that they're close on an emotional level and the bond between them seems to be stronger than ever.

There was no spoiler that is just how it played out to me, cause he started the conversation with " I've been thinking a lot about relationships" , but you could be absolutely correct!  It bothers me, because it was never discussed, which I was hoping for before they got back together. It seems they returned to the problem I guess. Love seeing them happy, but good or bad they are expressing themselves in the same way that was a problem at one point. The riff started by them being together making out happily and Sheldon not being in the moment in her presence. Addressed with Skype.. Coitus..Back to Skype?  Its weird to me.. 

Edited by EvilStewie

15 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

About meemaw spilling the beans on the ring I have mixed feelings. It doesn't bother me that much, but I had preferred Amy not knowing about it. I mean, this again put her in the passive position of "waiting" something from Sheldon. She waited for him to be ready for intimacy with her, and now that this new chapter in their life has just begun, she has to wait for a proposal. I know that it doesn't make too much difference (since she maybe was already waiting for the "next" step even without knowing about the ring) but now she knows for sure that it's a concrete possibility. It's strange. I guess that the purpose here is to clear things up with the audience, explaining what was going on with the ring and why Sheldon has not popped the question yet. On the other hand, it's good she knows Sheldon was much more serious in his feelings and intentions even in a period she was questioning his commitment with her. This will put some prospective in her views about what their pre-break up relationship was.

I share your mixed feelings (as I said, it's not ideal). But all things considered I'm having a positive outlook on this. I mean, when Amy was waiting for coitus Sheldon was still trying to keep a bit of a distance and not opening up to her as much as he does now. So it's definitely not the same kind of "desperate pining" situation. Amy knows he's serious about the relationship, they're on cloud number nine right now, she also knows now from experience that when Sheldon puts his mind to it he can romance the hell out of her - so waiting for a proposal should be like waiting for Christmas for her. lol

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, April said:

I share your mixed feelings (as I said, it's not ideal). But all things considered I'm having a positive outlook on this. I mean, when Amy was waiting for coitus Sheldon was still trying to keep a bit of a distance and not opening up to her as much as he does now. So it's definitely not the same kind of "desperate pining" situation. Amy knows he's serious about the relationship, they're on cloud number nine right now, she also knows now from experience that when Sheldon puts his mind to it he can romance the hell out of her - so waiting for a proposal should be like waiting for Christmas for her. lol

I don't think she have to wait long and I suspect she knows that as well.  I do think there will be a few episodes of 'is this one he's going to propose?' though.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

As far as those handful of people *cough* bitter Lenny's *cough* who resent Shamy and the Shamy fandom right now: 

image.gif.e40b7ead22ace4033785c2e10af309image.gif.786b23372d219fdfbec483574c156f

LOL! Yeah, I hear ya! I was basically thinking the same way..

tumblr_mhxvokvxIG1qlrnjlo1_500_zps64830d98.gif

Edited by EvilStewie
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, bluebird said:

This. Love it so much! I'm so glad Sheldon stopped her from leaving and defended her. He wasn't bitter or angry at Amy anymore because of the break-up, he even admitted how it helped him grow. They're a team, just like Meemaw and pop-pop. I'm so proud of him! 

I have to say.. As much as I'm venting about some stuff, I agree with both of you. This makes me happy!...

Edited by EvilStewie
  • Like 2

After pondering the events of this episode, I maintain my first thought that Meemaw is a B*TCH! If your grandchild is happy in their relationship - and they are a consenting adult - you support them even if you don't agree with their choice of partner. And if you know they are in possession of a certain piece of jewelry, you, to quote Amy, shut your damn mouth.

But, that aside, the one thing I love more than anything about this particular episode is the subtle, but significant growth we see in Sheldon.

Do you guys remember The Habitation Configuration (6.07)? In that episode Wil Wheaton insults Amy and a clueless Sheldon doesn't take her side or really even understand why he should. Amy tried to leave and he encouraged her to do it. Now, though, Sheldon gets that if someone - friend or relative - insults your partner, you defend them straight away. You don't let them walk away no matter how much they think they should. He didn't let her leave. That is huge for this character and I am really looking forward to seeing that moment play out on screen. 

shamy.JPG

• Like 9

This kind of spices things up a bit, now that Amy knows about the ring and that Sheldon KNOWS that she knows. He gets to be creative still with the when, the where the how the proposal will happen :). 

Only thing I worry about, after seeing others bring it up, is we might an Amy that becomes pushy about it. Not that I would expect her to be...we all know she's not the type but the writers do like to throw us curve balls when we least expect it. LOL.

• Like 5

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic