Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

to be fair though, jena's post (and that of a few of us here) are critical of things Amy has said/ done too. her comments to Meemaw about being Sheldon's best chance for example...Shamy shippers were put through the ringer this season. i think what youre seeing is some of us expressing our anxiety over the things we see and nervousness about whether we are truly over some of that ugliness of the first 9 episodes of the season.

i think for me personally its less about being critical of our favorite couple and more about being freaked out at the possibility of future drama yet to unfold, and lessons not learned by Shamy through this breakup.

i want more of the fun that a great sitcom offers and less drama, well intentioned or not :)

 

My thoughts and fears expressed exactly.   The criticism is not so much of the characters but an expression of concern about the direction they are headed based on their actions and the words that come out of their mouth that hint there are still some unresolved issues lurking about.

Amy's comment about being Sheldon's best shot makes it sound like she wanted him back because she felt sorry for him,  like she was being some kind of a living martyr for being his girlfriend and her willingness to put up with him because no one else will.   By putting herself on a pedestal, she insulted the man she loves.   That's not to say that her commentary about Meemaw not understanding what she has to deal with is not factual, because she didn't know that she did.  However, these are a poor choice of words to use before a woman who is testing your worthiness to bear her grandson's name.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • April

    1081

  • A Shamy gal

    1037

  • jenafan

    1018

  • Amy Fowler

    969

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Question : Is there a chat after every taping and what time is it  ? Can anybody join in ?

Starts a few hours earlier, but it's not a rule, sometimes starts earlier, sometimes there's a delay, sometimes it doesn't happen, it depends of how many people is online and in the mood to talk. I believe the tapings end around 10 pm (California time zone), it's a little bit after this. Convert this to your zone.
Oh, and yes, anybody can join.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, kerrycec03 said:

 

I was beginning to think I'm the only one 

I was there and I too am a bit stunned too. Overall it ends great and was well built. And the "I am the best Its gonna get" reminded me of spoiler alert when she said to Sheldon "I am the best girlfriend you are ever gonna get". Didnt feel mean spirited or self-righteous more Amy defending herself. To each is own though so all good.

Also people still keep bringing up the cookies. It was clear and verbalized she is only sizing her up because she broke him and she is his possible future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See, I think if this is the actually wording then that changes things.  This bolded quote sounds more to me like Amy saying, "I'm the best there is.  It doesn't get better than this".  That seems to be more about Amy being confident in herself than saying Sheldon has no shot at anything else.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

to be fair though, jena's post (and that of a few of us here) are critical of things Amy has said/ done too. her comments to Meemaw about being Sheldon's best chance for example...Shamy shippers were put through the ringer this season. i think what youre seeing is some of us expressing our anxiety over the things we see and nervousness about whether we are truly over some of that ugliness of the first 9 episodes of the season.

i think for me personally its less about being critical of our favorite couple and more about being freaked out at the possibility of future drama yet to unfold, and lessons not learned by Shamy through this breakup.

i want more of the fun that a great sitcom offers and less drama, well intentioned or not :)

 

I agree with what you are saying.  I should have added Amy to that mix as well since she has done and said things that are "Amy" and were also a bit cringeworthy.  But like the breakup which I know a lot of people didn't like, we have to trust the writers that they know what they are doing.  I was probably one of the few that did like the breakup story because it allowed Jim Parsons and Mayim Bialik to demonstrate their acting chops and I really did feel that it was well thought out (written).  I am still in awe of a few of the episodes especially "The Opening Night Excitation".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Yeah, the cookie recipe:  As I explained to vonmar, I had posted the same as you earlier that I thought Meemaw only didn't like Amy for breaking up with Sheldon.   The TR makes her sound so extremely harsh for having liked her at one time.

On the occupation thing, I guess Meemaw, like her grandson doesn't take Leonard's job seriously.  So, Penny has to work to support them.   I'm not really sure what to make of this.    However, I do get the impression that Meemaw is informing Amy that Sheldon needs a lot of attention, so Amy better be prepared to give it to him.   Of course, Meemaw is likely speaking from the mentality that a woman is supposed to stay home and care for the house and her man.   There is nothing wrong with this, if that is what Amy wants to do and Sheldon and Amy agree on it together.   Perhaps Sheldon told Meemaw that Amy chose staying at her conference over coming home and taking care of him while he was sick.    We just don't know what information he is feeding her.

I am very put off about Amy's line about being Sheldon's best shot.   I don't think she meant it as an insult.   The more I think about it, perhaps she is telling Meemaw that she should like her because she does put up with Sheldon and already loves him in spite of it all.   It took (5) years.   The chances of Sheldon finding that again are slim to none.    However, I think Amy forgets the reason she is even his best shot is because Sheldon chose and opened himself to her.  It's a two-way street and not all about what she's done for him.

I think Sheldon was nudged by his friends because he was afraid to stand up to his Meemaw.   My concern is if they didn't, would we have gotten the defense fest that we did?   True, he did it Sheldon-style trying to divert the issue from himself to Amy, but I love how Amy redirected it to address both of them rather than singling him out.   She helped him save face in front of his grandmother.   I'm sure that impressed her.

I keep forgetting that Meemaw's impressions of Amy are biased based on the information that Sheldon has shared through his filter.   She really doesn't know Amy's version.   However, Meemaw seems to understand how difficult Sheldon is, so the reasons for Amy's break up decision don't matter to her.   What she really wants to know is if Amy has learned something and is she going to stick by her man through thick or thin, even if the thick outweighs the thin.

The ring.   Yes, I am ecstatic that Amy called Penny out on knowing about the ring.   It's just further proof of everything Amy missed out on as a result of her actions.    By shutting everyone out, they essentially kept her in the dark as well. 

Yes, Amy had reasons to break up with Sheldon, but she's reeling the consequences over how she did it by learning how much she underestimated and hurt Sheldon.   She's not going to make that mistake again, and I think these recent Skype sessions we've been given prove that she is trying to do a better job at understanding the things Sheldon is trying to say before jumping to conclusions.   If she has something that needs to be said, she's choosing her arguments more carefully by doing so in a way that Sheldon can grasp her meaning and react accordingly.

I agree that they look pretty solid, for now.  I hope it continues.

thank you for filling in the blanks for me lol! i never thought about Meemaw seeing several moves ahead and trying to judge whether Amy is in it for the long haul because of the inherent difficulties Sheldon brings to the union, i always base my opinions of Meemaw in the simplistic "loving grandma" role...

i think we all have a problem with Amy's "best shot" comment, i guess its gonna take a while for both of them to be completely rid of some of the angst that propelled them head first into the breakup. 

theyre getting there though!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14.1.2016 at 2:49 AM, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

I think we're all mostly positive and excited about this episode -- we just gotta get out the jitters we have before it airs so we can hope for the best but expect.... not the "worst" but not the best :wink: we're shippers. we overanalyze and nitpick and still end up ultimately worshipping TPTB; it's our thing! :icon_cheesygrin:

image.gif.43bb47e613413355cb55d13b565bd7

Oh nothing wrong with that, that's what we do here :icon_cheesygrin: 

 

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to see all this like the Dave thing.    The parts we are having issue with in Amy and Meemaw's conversation may be interpreted to be harsher than it really will be on screen.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kerrycec03 said:

See, I think if this is the actually wording then that changes things.  This bolded quote sounds more to me like Amy saying, "I'm the best there is.  It doesn't get better than this".  That seems to be more about Amy being confident in herself than saying Sheldon has no shot at anything else.

 

This is exactly how I took it and remember it!! She was defending herself and kudos girl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could be wrong but I know I remember it reminding me exactly of spoiler alert. Totally defending herself to meemaw basically saying "do u know what I put up with"...so before u think I am this demon woman let me tell u he is lucky to have me because I will be here for all those quirks which drive me insane but I love him anyway...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I saw it as her defending herself for sure, I just hated the wording, which I'm pretty sure of, ("his best shot") because I hated it in the first take and was REALLY hoping they'd change it for the 2nd (like they seem to fairly often, trying out different things), but when they didn't then I REALLY hated it.  Lol.

Overall, though, I just can't wait to see how it all gets edited and plays out on screen.  So much more good than bad, I realize I'm nitpicking a bit!  :-)

 

ETA:  Even if it turns out to be this less-than-popular wording I'm also trying to think of it having an implied meaning, like "If you want your precious Moonpie to have a happy life and a grown-up relationship, then I'm his best shot" because that is totally true.  Now none of my implied quote actually happened, but it makes me happier to think of it that way!  :-p

Edited by jlove
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

my  2 cents regarding Amy saying she's Sheldon's best shot:

I for one am not bothered by that line. The way I understood it :
Amy hasn't interpreted Meemaw's concerns as something along the lines of 'What you did was really crappy, you've really hurt my Moonpie, if you're gonna be a crappy girlfriend like that - and i think you will be - he's better off without you" (as i understood TRs, that's kind of what Meemaw meant). I think Amy has heard it as something like 'I don't like you, you are a bad girlfriend, and Sheldon could & should be with a woman much better than you'. So in reply to that, i think she was trying to say that 'yes, i might have hurt him, however you have no idea what i've been through and why i did it - and if your true wish is for Sheldon to find another woman who's gonna put up with him even more than i have, well, reality check, it is basically impossible'. (which, in my opinion, is true, let's be real, Sheldon can have an occasional good connection with someone - like that girl in Mystery Date Observation, forgot her name - but i can't imagine that girl or anybody else being in a 5 year relationship with a guy who can't even hug his girlfriend). I don't think Amy was cocky or saying she's a hero for putting up with Sheldon all these years. I don't think she thinks that. I thought she was just merely stating the fact it is unrealistic to expect another woman to be so much in harmony with such an unusual person like Sheldon.
And i don't think she thinks she can do better than Sheldon (anymore). Definitely, unlike Sheldon, she could find someone to settle down with. But i think she clearly realizes after the break up that what they have is special - their love is so special and unique, and while she could find a guy to date , she couldn't find another love as deep, special and sacred as they have. I think she realizes that.
And i don't think Amy thinks it matters either - for him or for her - whether he could or could not find another love interest. It is not about if they could find someone better, it is about that they don't want to.
But i feel she thought Meemaw thought that way - and she just wanted to give Meemaw a reality check on her (in my opinion )unrealistic expectations for Sheldon finding another girl who would be as in sync with him as Amy is.
(that said, i don't think Meemaw really sees him with someone else either, i think she was just mad at Amy for hurting her Moonpie, and just being protective like that trying to 'scare' Amy to make sure it never happens again.)

And last thing - Amy has heard so much from Sheldon over the years about how sweet and loving and amazing Meemaw is. She was obviously super excited to meet her, and , like many people have mentioned here, she wasn't really accepted by someone unconditionally EVER in her life. She clearly hasn't had this loving and warm atmosphere in her family towards her that you can feel Mary has towards Sheldon - and that she probably imagined (like we all have) Meemaw literally exudes. I mean Sheldon has built her up in all of ours (and i guess Amy's) imaginations that way. So i guess she was just super excited to bond with this amazing woman, who holds such a special place in Sheldon's heart. And instead she got this cold attitude towards her - and as i understood from TRs, it was totally unexpected to her? No build up, no time to 'sense' that something is off and something is wrong - she was thinking all is well and then Meemaw is just so blunt like that saying she doesn't want her around Sheldon. Obviously it has been a shock. And in shock people say all kinds of things.  Frankly i'm very proud of Amy for standing up to Meemaw - Sheldon is the most important person in Amy's life, and Meemaw is one of the most important people in his life - even a confident person might have had a hard time standing up for him/herself against such an important figure. And Amy, the girl who's never been accepted anywhere in her life, did. Amy, who spent many years trying to get Penny to like her, doing only the things Penny wanted to do in their free time just not to lose her friendship. Amy, who spent so many years tiptoeing around Sheldon because she thought if she stops she might lose him. And here she's defended herself against such an important person... Not once thinking that if she fights with Meemaw, maybe it will affect Sheldon's love towards her. Or perhaps, this thought has crossed her mind, but she decided to do it anyway, because she's learnt to appreciate herself, and learnt that her feelings matter, too (now Raj's line from the last episode about learning that for free from a cat poster comes into my mind, haha).
So i'm very, very, very proud of her!!

Well said. While I see your point regarding Amy's defensive posture regarding WHY she said what she said, it nonetheless comes off as insulting to Sheldon. In essence she defends herself to Meemaw as the best gf Sheldon will get because he is a pain in the butt to deal with, and that she put in five years more than what the average gal would bother with. There's no denying Sheldon is a challenge for any person to get to know, much less be a friend or lover to. But, and I think jenafan pointed it out nicely earlier, to say those things to a loving grandmother who is expressing her dissatisfaction with the events surrounding the breakup and judging Amy during this "first contact" is bad form and counter-productive in my opinion. 

The breakup was 6 months old and broke Sheldon. Meemaw is very aware of it. The reconciliation is what, a month fresh? In that time did they think to talk it out with those in their circle that are important? I blame Sheldon more than I would Amy regarding "updating" Meemaw on their current situation. But Amy, who normally doles out sound advice to Sheldon regarding his behavior towards others, is missing the boat if she didn't give any thought to how this breakup would be perceived by Meemaw. Did she really think that Meemaw wouldn't care? Meemaw's reaction to Amy is understandable, relatable, and predictable given the "blackout" state Sheldon apparently left her in. Meemaw may have been blunt, even rude, towards Amy but she's a Texan and has been strong enough to be a lovable presence in Sheldon's entire life- I would expect her to be strong willed. Her daughter Mary is the same way. It's in character ( for a character we are meeting for the first time lol)...

The good thing about this episode is that it appears Shamy continues to be a strong couple and weathered the Meemaw storm. Amy does show herself to be someone to be reckoned with if you put her on the spot. Sheldon, though it appears he had to have some prodding, was able to side with Amy against his beloved Meemaw and make her proud.

im looking forward to the episode and maybe the performances will show some of this in a different light for me. Good stuff!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jlove said:

So unfortunately there is an uglier part to the Moonpie part that I didn't mention because I was trying to not put in EVERY detail.  After Amy asks and Meemaw gives her kind of insulting reply Amy says "Oh yeah, ok, now that you mention it is does kind of ring a bell..." trying to cover a bit about not knowing.  But then often-honest-to-a-fault-clueless-eidetic-memory Sheldon says "How could it sound familiar?  I never told you that" (ok, true, but shut up!) but then he adds "And you never cared enough to ask."  Ouch.  And WTF?  To his credit Sheldon has not yet clued into the fact that Meemaw is going after Amy at this point and of course later he defends her, but that statement sucked too.  So, yeah.

this bit kinda bothers me for 2 reasons:

1. like i think @camelliayao mentioned, inconsistency in writing - i have a hard time believing that Amy, having talked on the phone with Meemaw, hasn't heard the word 'Moonpie' from her, not once. I mean yeah there could be explanations  - she actually got the recipe through Mary, Meemaw only calls Sheldon 'moonpie' in front of him, etc etc, but i still find it hard to believe. In 5 years of their friendship Penny should have mentioned the word ''moonpie' at least once, since originally she was so amused by it!

2. but anyways inconsistencies aside - let's say it is totally plausible Amy's never heard about it - why the hell Meemaw and apparently Sheldon make it sound like it's some kind of her fault?! First of all - 'And you never cared enough to ask' - was she supposed to ask 'Sheldon, does your Meemaw have a petname for you?'. I mean, it's never occurred to me to ask any boy or any of my close friends such a question lol! Doesn't mean i didn't love them.

Secondly - if originally Meemaw was like 'Penny and Leonard knew and you didn't!' - the only reason Penny knew is cause she's read letters she wasn't supposed to read! And ofc she told Leonard and the guys. How is that Amy's fault she wasn't around then and she hasn't gone through his private stuff against his wishes? :o

Don't get me wrong guys, i'm just nitpicking, it's not like i'm really upset by that or anything, i just thought Sheldon's and Meemaw's logic on this one is VERY weird!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ranger Rosa said:

Starts a few hours earlier, but it's not a rule, sometimes starts earlier, sometimes there's a delay, sometimes it doesn't happen, it depends of how many people is online and in the mood to talk. I believe the tapings end around 10 pm (California time zone), it's a little bit after this. Convert this to your zone.
Oh, and yes, anybody can join.

Thanks. My time zone at this time of year is GMT which is 8 hours ahead of California. Works for me. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, delsino said:

This is hard for me too, mainly because Amy had such a strained relationship with her own family and growing up she didn't have a warm loving accepting environment. I would have loved for Amy to find that loving family with Meemaw. 

I am hoping with the parallels between "Meemaw and PopPop" and "Sheldon and Amy", that they will have that relationship and it will bloom into that, maybe even at the wedding or a future episode. Or maybe Amy and Mary will bond over it ...maybe Mary and her mom don't have a good relationship and Mary likes that Amy stood up against Meemaw. 

Either way I am soooo excited to see the episode and more excited for whats to come.  Also, thank you to everyone who went to the taping for sharing your experience!

that's what i'm thinking now too! I've never really thought about Meemaw's & Mary's relationship before (mainly because we didn't have a canon Meemaw i guess), but now, after what we've seen of Meemaw, idk why but i have this gut feeling that while they have many similarities and they've both been so loving towards Sheldon, i think they have their differencies (or at least had when Mary was growing up... remember how she said to Penny in some s5 episode where she hang out with the guys but not Sheldon - 'when i was your age you could have me for a bottle of wine and a ride on the backseat' (or at least smth along those lines lol) So i guess Mary was also not a saint during her teenage years). It would be cool if Mary likes/respects Amy even more for standing up to Meemaw.

I'm just hoping she's not too hard on Shamy for having 'sinned' lol once she finds out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jlove said:

"And now for something completey different..."

Last night we got to watch The Empathy Optimization of course, and that reminded that Raj says, in response to the idea that a break from Sheldon might do them good since it worked for Amy, that that sounds good as long as he doesn't mean that he has to have coitus with him afterwards.  That reminded me that everyone knows that SHELDON COOPER HAD SEX and we still haven't seen ANY reaction from anyone to that fact.  Is that not driving anyone else crazy?  No one brought it up last night (well, besides Sheldon himself at the end, hee hee).  What the heck?!  3 episodes in, I was really hoping for at least some mention.  I mean I don't want anyone teasing them about it together necessarily, but the guys saying something to Sheldon, or something...anything...anyone else?

If so, what would you actually LIKE to see happen?

I would like to see a Valentine episode where our happy couple shows the others how it's done! Not sure how it would go, but something jaw dropping would be great! Clearly the writers were not gonna give us fans the satisfaction of seeing the group in 4A, or a ladies night out, have the " holy cow!" reaction to the sex, so maybe a V-Day episode could do our Shamy some justice.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jlove said:

"And now for something completey different..."

Last night we got to watch The Empathy Optimization of course, and that reminded that Raj says, in response to the idea that a break from Sheldon might do them good since it worked for Amy, that that sounds good as long as he doesn't mean that he has to have coitus with him afterwards.  That reminded me that everyone knows that SHELDON COOPER HAD SEX and we still haven't seen ANY reaction from anyone to that fact.  Is that not driving anyone else crazy?  No one brought it up last night (well, besides Sheldon himself at the end, hee hee).  What the heck?!  3 episodes in, I was really hoping for at least some mention.  I mean I don't want anyone teasing them about it together necessarily, but the guys saying something to Sheldon, or something...anything...anyone else?

If so, what would you actually LIKE to see happen?

Honestly, I thought that the characters would react in a exact same way that we fans did. I'd like to see seizures, heart attacks, panick attacks, something that could express how unbelievable this is. But in a way, it's a good think, otherwise they would treat this sittuation like if it was a kid that just finished the potty training. It isn't something OH MY FUCKING GOD! (at the storyline, but it is for us fans). He just found out a new use to his junk. He allowed himself to entertain and be entertained.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

Honestly, I thought that the characters would react in a exact same way that we fans did. I'd like to see seizures, heart attacks, panick attacks, something that could express how unbelievable this is. But in a way, it's a good think, otherwise they would treat this sittuation like if it was a kid that just finished the potty training. It isn't something OH MY FUCKING GOD! (at the storyline, but it is for us fans). He just found out a new use to his junk. He allowed himself to entertain and be entertained.

At least we'll always have Herb Garden.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Well said. While I see your point regarding Amy's defensive posture regarding WHY she said what she said, it nonetheless comes off as insulting to Sheldon. In essence she defends herself to Meemaw as the best gf Sheldon will get because he is a pain in the butt to deal with, and that she put in five years more than what the average gal would bother with. There's no denying Sheldon is a challenge for any person to get to know, much less be a friend or lover to. But, and I think jenafan pointed it out nicely earlier, to say those things to a loving grandmother who is expressing her dissatisfaction with the events surrounding the breakup and judging Amy during this "first contact" is bad form and counter-productive in my opinion. 

The breakup was 6 months old and broke Sheldon. Meemaw is very aware of it. The reconciliation is what, a month fresh? In that time did they think to talk it out with those in their circle that are important? I blame Sheldon more than I would Amy regarding "updating" Meemaw on their current situation. But Amy, who normally doles out sound advice to Sheldon regarding his behavior towards others, is missing the boat if she didn't give any thought to how this breakup would be perceived by Meemaw. Did she really think that Meemaw wouldn't care? Meemaw's reaction to Amy is understandable, relatable, and predictable given the "blackout" state Sheldon apparently left her in. Meemaw may have been blunt, even rude, towards Amy but she's a Texan and has been strong enough to be a lovable presence in Sheldon's entire life- I would expect her to be strong willed. Her daughter Mary is the same way. It's in character ( for a character we are meeting for the first time lol)...

The good thing about this episode is that it appears Shamy continues to be a strong couple and weathered the Meemaw storm. Amy does show herself to be someone to be reckoned with if you put her on the spot. Sheldon, though it appears he had to have some prodding, was able to side with Amy against his beloved Meemaw and make her proud.

im looking forward to the episode and maybe the performances will show some of this in a different light for me. Good stuff!

well, that's your opinion and i'm not gonna argue with it, it's just that to me it doesn't come off as insulting!

I agree Amy should have thought of how Meemaw might perceive their break up, but in my opinion Amy's been written pretty out of character and inconsistent in this break up, so it doesn't really surprise me. In my opinion, the writers wanted to have a break up arc, and in order to do that, they had to sacrifice some character traits. In think Amy was shown really bad in the end of Platonic Permutation, people may argue with that, but i just don't see that it's true to her character. And the things you mentioned, i think these are all valid points, however, if we're looking for valid points, we're gonna come back to the questions we've asked in this thread over and over again a few months ago - why the hell  they didn't even talk after the break up? That would have been much more in character for sure.
So i agree it would make sense for Amy to question how Meemaw would see her, and possibly do some damage control, however i don't think Amy's character consistency is the writers' main priority now!
But also, of all possible / plausible explanations - Amy was still on cloud nine after the reconciliation/coitus (like in 9x12, she still looks so besotted : D)

Also we don't know how much she knows of what Sheldon's been through, how badly he was hurt etc. Maybe it hasn't occurred to her that he was confinding with Meemaw (or anyone) about the break up, etc...

I apologize if it's all incoherent, it is 7am and i probably should go to sleep after spending another night discussing Shamy  x D This ship is really bad for my sleep patterns!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

this bit kinda bothers me for 2 reasons:

1. like i think @camelliayao mentioned, inconsistency in writing - i have a hard time believing that Amy, having talked on the phone with Meemaw, hasn't heard the word 'Moonpie' from her, not once. I mean yeah there could be explanations  - she actually got the recipe through Mary, Meemaw only calls Sheldon 'moonpie' in front of him, etc etc, but i still find it hard to believe. In 5 years of their friendship Penny should have mentioned the word ''moonpie' at least once, since originally she was so amused by it!

2. but anyways inconsistencies aside - let's say it is totally plausible Amy's never heard about it - why the hell Meemaw and apparently Sheldon make it sound like it's some kind of her fault?! First of all - 'And you never cared enough to ask' - was she supposed to ask 'Sheldon, does your Meemaw have a petname for you?'. I mean, it's never occurred to me to ask any boy or any of my close friends such a question lol! Doesn't mean i didn't love them.

Secondly - if originally Meemaw was like 'Penny and Leonard knew and you didn't!' - the only reason Penny knew is cause she's read letters she wasn't supposed to read! And ofc she told Leonard and the guys. How is that Amy's fault she wasn't around then and she hasn't gone through his private stuff against his wishes? :o

Don't get me wrong guys, i'm just nitpicking, it's not like i'm really upset by that or anything, i just thought Sheldon's and Meemaw's logic on this one is VERY weird!

LMAO.

Yes, it's very weird they blame Amy for not knowing "Moonpie". I mean if nobody mentions the name to Amy, which according to Sheldon's reaction to Penny reading his letters, is probabaly the case, how on earth would Amy even know about it?

Sheldon's the one who always kind of keeps his distance from Amy. He wants to be this perfect boyfriend who is brilliant, intellegent and robotic and can do nothing wrong. He would never, in a million years, talk about his childhood when he was weak and young to Amy, let alone things like petnames.

I think Meemaw may be expecting Amy to know Sheldon very well because she doesn't know what's Sheldon is like in a relationship. But Sheldon should know better than saying something like "you never cared enough to ask"...I mean...Really? How much more do you want Amy to care? Her life is basically all about you!

I understand that the writers use lines like this just for laughs and to show us Sheldon is still Sheldon. But they should really have some boundaries. The "Just because I love you doesn't mean girls are allowed in my room" is cute and funny. But this? It's hurtful and unnecessary.

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jlove said:

"And now for something completey different..."

Last night we got to watch The Empathy Optimization of course, and that reminded that Raj says, in response to the idea that a break from Sheldon might do them good since it worked for Amy, that that sounds good as long as he doesn't mean that he has to have coitus with him afterwards.  That reminded me that everyone knows that SHELDON COOPER HAD SEX and we still haven't seen ANY reaction from anyone to that fact.  Is that not driving anyone else crazy?  No one brought it up last night (well, besides Sheldon himself at the end, hee hee).  What the heck?!  3 episodes in, I was really hoping for at least some mention.  I mean I don't want anyone teasing them about it together necessarily, but the guys saying something to Sheldon, or something...anything...anyone else?

If so, what would you actually LIKE to see happen?

i would have loved to see Penny freaking out about it , kinda like in that Kripke episode , 6x14? - after all, she's the biggest Shamy shipper ever, she's been always rooting for them and she's been always positive it's gonna happen. People often underestimate Penny, but i love it so much that she's always pro-humanity, and that she's always been so supportive of Sheldon developing his human side, regardless if in the process she's got annoyed at him. I mean, in 4x01 when she was so against the idea of a test tube baby, and so encouraging him to go on a normal date, and get to know Amy outside in real world, not through electronic devices.

So yeah, i'd love to have seen Penny's reaction so much, w/e it was, and also Raj's, i'm sure he had  a sappy moment and was like 'finally those 2 did it!'.... or maybe anothr 'shut. your. ass!' moment haha.

And i'd love to hear Leonard's 'you dog... you....' hahaha.
Only now i think Leonard's reaction instead might have been more serious and i'm sure deep inside he was touched Sheldon has grown so much.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

well, that's your opinion and i'm not gonna argue with it, it's just that to me it doesn't come off as insulting!

I agree Amy should have thought of how Meemaw might perceive their break up, but in my opinion Amy's been written pretty out of character and inconsistent in this break up, so it doesn't really surprise me. In my opinion, the writers wanted to have a break up arc, and in order to do that, they had to sacrifice some character traits. In think Amy was shown really bad in the end of Platonic Permutation, people may argue with that, but i just don't see that it's true to her character. And the things you mentioned, i think these are all valid points, however, if we're looking for valid points, we're gonna come back to the questions we've asked in this thread over and over again a few months ago - why the hell  they didn't even talk after the break up? That would have been much more in character for sure.
So i agree it would make sense for Amy to question how Meemaw would see her, and possibly do some damage control, however i don't think Amy's character consistency is the writers' main priority now!
But also, of all possible / plausible explanations - Amy was still on cloud nine after the reconciliation/coitus (like in 9x12, she still looks so besotted : D)

Also we don't know how much she knows of what Sheldon's been through, how badly he was hurt etc. Maybe it hasn't occurred to her that he was confinding with Meemaw (or anyone) about the break up, etc...

I apologize if it's all incoherent, it is 7am and i probably should go to sleep after spending another night discussing Shamy  x D This ship is really bad for my sleep patterns!

i agree with all your points including your assessment of Amy after the aquarium lol! Amy was written OOC, there wasnt a wrap up of the breakup and the communication issues they experienced that led to it, and all the other points you make. Bottom line is that Shamy sounds pretty healthy at the end of the Meemaw episode and im happy for that. i just dont applaud Amys reaction to Meemaw as others do, just have a different take on it. no one right or wrong in the end!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tomasina said:

At least we'll always have Herb Garden.

All hail Herb Garden!

9 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

LMAO.

Yes, it's very weird they blame Amy for not knowing "Moonpie". I mean if nobody mentions the name to Amy, which according to Sheldon's reaction to Penny reading his letters, is probabaly the case, how on earth would Amy even know about it?

Sheldon's the one who always kind of keeps his distance from Amy. He wants to be this perfect boyfriend who is brilliant, intellegent and robotic and can do nothing wrong. He would never, in a million years, talk about his childhood when he was weak and young to Amy, let alone things like petnames.

I think Meemaw may be expecting Amy to know Sheldon very well because she doesn't know what's Sheldon is like in a relationship. But Sheldon should know better than saying something like "you never cared enough to ask"...I mean...Really? How much more do you want Amy to care? Her life is basically all about you!

I understand that the writers use lines like this just for laughs and to show us Sheldon is still Sheldon. But they should really have some boundaries. The "Just because I love you doesn't mean girls are allowed in my room" is cute and funny. But this? It's hurtful and unnecessary.

The more I think about it more I'm conviced that that bitch (Constance, because Meemaw is a very cute word to apply to her) was testing them as a couple (and Sheldon to see what he would do if someone messed with his woman), but specially Amy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.