[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Adding: I'm gonna take it up a notch and ask, what if Sheldon actually enjoys Amy doing that and gets turned on by her being stern with him at times? I was just thinking of that time she made him apologize on Thanksgiving to Howardette and he follows it by, "Ain't she great??" and smacks her ass. LOL!

• Like 9

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, April said:

Just to add to your post and this part in particular:

I am so relieved that when they chose to throw in some drama it's coming from an external source and creates a Shamy vs. the world situation instead of Sheldon and Amy fighting with each other over some nonsense. Thank goodness! Give those two some more trials and tribulations for all I care, but for the love of everything let them go through this together side by side as a team. Well done here, writers, keep it up!

In the meanwhile I'll be sitting here making hearteyes at Amy fighting the good fight and grinning like an idiot at Sheldon being all hippie-dippie. :D

Yes, yes and again yes to this - drama is fine ( in small doses ) as long as they are a team , defusing the drama together in their own adorable adorkable way ! :) 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, April said:

Just to add to your post and this part in particular:

I am so relieved that when they chose to throw in some drama it's coming from an external source and creates a Shamy vs. the world situation instead of Sheldon and Amy fighting with each other over some nonsense. Thank goodness! Give those two some more trials and tribulations for all I care, but for the love of everything let them go through this together side by side as a team. Well done here, writers, keep it up!

In the meanwhile I'll be sitting here making hearteyes at Amy fighting the good fight and grinning like an idiot at Sheldon being all hippie-dippie. :D

Oh yes, definitely a relief! That's why I'm not too bothered by Amy and Meemaw not getting along. I don't mind a little drama here and there as long as it's, like you said, more about Shamy against the world than Shamy against each other. As Sheldon said in 9x2, they make one heck of a team. So please writers, let it be so in the future as well! 

• Like 1

I am grateful for the positive posts that renew my faith that despite the drama, Amy is putting an end to the behaviors that enable Sheldon to act like a child.  I kept hoping during the course of the breakup that Amy would say something to the effect that of while she will always love Sheldon, she is not going to force Sheldon to stay with her unless he really wanted to (an if you love something set it free, releasing Sheldon from the growth he was fighting).  Earworm did show that Sheldon understood he needed to communicate more openly, instead of quadruple negatives.  Hopefully, Amy learned while dating others that Sheldon was more important to her than the romantic notions she thought she wanted.  

I really hope that when Amy is fighting with Mee-Maw she is using the same gentler, yet firm voice she now uses with Sheldon even if they are harsh words to hear.  Raised voices and yelling will make me cringe.  Sheldon hated hearing his parents argue.  Even though Sheldon takes Amy's side, being in the middle of an argument has to be difficult.  I guess I was also hoping that Sheldon would repeat to Mee-Maw what he told Mary that "whether you see it or not is irrelevant"; or what he told Amy that "we can find out together" like he did in 9.11, but maybe he can only reserve that sweetness when he is alone with Amy.  

Edited by Darlin'

12 hours ago, wowbagger said:

Yeah, 'I'm the best it's gonna get' is Up-Herself-Amy in an amusing way. I've missed that awesome cockiness. And especially after Gorgon Meemaw's side-swipes about Amy's career or not 'caring enough to ask' whether she had a pet-name for him*, it makes complete sense for Amy to say 'Screw you, Beldam Constance! I. Am. Hot. Shit!'

'I'm his best shot', however- cannot co-sign. It combines being entitled, cocky (in an UNamusing way) and vaguely-what? Threatening? 'Be nice to me, old woman, or your beloved grandson will never know happiness again'? Or, from the flip side, heartbreaking because-what? Amy thinks Sheldon knocked on her door because he was settling for her? Oh, girl. I want to shake her, either way.

*BTW, this was over-egging the pudding, writers. Forget whether or not Meemaw would have used the pet-name when she spoke with Amy earlier to give her the cookies recipe, which come on- she liked Amy then, didn't she? Why wouldn't she use the name? Would Penny, who could gossip for Pasadena, not tell Amy about the nickname? Then again, Penny apparently kept the lid on the ring thing all this time for......reasons.** So who the hell even knows.

** Possibly she thought Amy didn't want to get back together with Sheldon, so what was the point? Maybe. Okay, I'm not going to think about information transmission during the breakup plot, it'll just make me rage-y.

Gorgon Meemaw

Gorgon Meemaw

Gorgon Meemaw

:rofl: 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, hazelra7 said:

You want to know what's funny?  I didn't mind Meemaw being upset with Amy as much as didn't like everyone avoiding Sheldon in the previous episode. This Sheldon the writers are putting forth is too much of handful and we need to "Put up with him" is getting old and makes the character so juvenile.  The episode airing on Thursday really rubbed me the wrong way the more I think of it. It nut shells what has upset me terribly with the show lately.  Everyone is just "putting up" with each other, rather than being friends.  Penny puts up with Leonard and his Star War obsession and his "Man child" roommate that she helped create.  Raj Puts up with Emily.    Amy had enough of Sheldon and broke up with him. (Make no mistake, the writers are blaming the break up Amy.)  The group needs a break from Sheldon so much that they plan a weekend without him?  I don't like it as much as Meemaw didn't like it. 

Meemaw had every right to be upset.  Are you just "putting Up with my Moonpie because you want a boyfriend, or do you really and truly love him?"  SHe didn't know the answer before and the trip out to see Amy was to find that out.  I think she knows now.  I wish Amy defended her love of Sheldon more. I wish we had the banter of the Girl's Vegas Ep or the guy's detraction weekend. That is the TBBT spark I miss.  I miss it in Lenny, I missed in Shamy big time during the overly long break up and mostly I miss it between the friends.  

So the Meemaw Episode was in a way a shout out to my overprotectiveness of Sheldon, in my mind only.  I loved that he told Amy to cool her jets and Meemaw will love Amy again.  This the same woman who gave Amy her prized cookie recipe.  Let me tell you from dealing with "Meemaw" types... Those old biddies don't give up the goods for just any woman.  She knows Amy is long term, but needed to make sure she wasn't going to pull a runner again.  Frankly... I do too.

I would like that psychic to speak to Amy now...

When Amy fully commit to him...   She should give herself to this relationship. Once she does, all her other pursuits will come into focus. Everything will fall into place once Amy's commit to him.... Quirks and All.

I agree so much with what we need to see back on the show again and less of, "I'm putting up with..." nonsense.  Amen, sister.

• Like 8

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic