[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

6 hours ago, kerrycec03 said:

Ok, to answer the "I guess" comment from Meemaw when they ask for her blessing, I don't take it as a "I guess" I have no choice because its on the heels of her answering Amy earlier when Amy said "best shot" and "do you know what its like to have to deal with a freak out when google changes its font" and Meemaw shares the "I certainly know what its like to deal with an egotistically man".  Its basically another form of sharing that PopPop was a lot like Sheldon (probably why they had a softspot for Sheldon) and Sheldon witnessed how Meemaw made PopPop a better man.  So after both observations, and seeing the real love between them, she is ok with it.

So I think overall we are left to think (at least I did) that Amy is a'ok in her book.  Is she ever going to love her the same way Mary does...probably not.  BUT keep in mind Mary has dealt with Sheldon as a parent vs. a grandparent.  I know in most grandparents eyes their grandchild walks on water.  I doubt Meemaw would ever make the jabs about Sheldon Mary does.  Mary had to raise that difficult child, so she probably does pray to the heavens for Amy.  Because she really knows what Amy is up against.  Probably why she suggested Sheldon keep the ring.  She knew her son would eventually figure it out.  Gotta take your time with him. 

Put it this way...I seriously DOUBT Mary would buy Sheldon a train when she visits (total Grandmother move on that one).  While she sometimes regresses she's been trying for a long time to get him to be a man.  So she's team Amy on this one.  This is why I hope by the end of the season we get a Mary/Amy interaction. 

thank you for clarifying!! Even with the brief Meemaw disagreement I feel much better about the outcome - especially since Meemaw and Sheldon both see Amy and Sheldon's relationship to be so similar to Meemaw and Pop Pop's <3 

I swear I always do this with my TR reactions! I always flip-flop between being excited and then worried.... and 100% of the time the episode airs and proves to me that Shamy is pretty close to perfect <3 

thank you again, Kerry! 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Susana Alcira said:

About the ring... it seems to be an important heirloom in Sheldon´s maternal line, from mothers to daughters... so, why it isn´t in Missy´s finger????

Mary explained Sheldon, when he phoned her to send the ring back, that she can't give the ring to Missy, since she is already married. That's something bothers me, I don't think it makes much sense. If i is just a heirloom in the family (so it is not supposed to be used just as an engagement ring), there's no reason Missy shouldn't have had it, even if she got married. Assuming that the ring is actually used as an engagement ring, since it is something usually a man gives to his girlfriend when he proposes, how can it pass from mother to daughter? Anyway, to get rid of the unpleasant sensation of a possible writers inconsistency, I think the real reason is that Mary has a soft spot for his special boy, and wants to give him her precious ring. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jenafan said:

I love this post 1,000,000 times.  

You made me feel so much better about Amy's side of things, and I really enjoy this perspective.   I'm going to go with it.   So, it's not Amy being entitled, it's Amy standing up to not enabling Sheldon any longer.   She is his "best shot" because she is the only one willing to help him become a better man and person by not treating him like a child and still love him as his partner, not his mother.

Sheldon recognizes this about her, and that is why he loves her.   That's why he listens to her, because he knows she is acting in his best interest.  

Going backwards an episode, it causes me to appreciate how she addresses how unbearable he is when he sick, so much so that she admits to avoiding him, too.  Sheldon knew he was wrong.   That is why he reached out to Amy to help him understand why.    I will have to admit, though, I cringe a little when Amy comes up with a reason to discontinue the Skype conversation and reaches for the "End" key on the keyboard.   It reminds me every time of the Skype call where she broke up with him.  

I still can't get over how adorable Sheldon looks in the privacy of his dark bedroom in his pajamas Skyping her, not with the computer in his lap but so intimately comfortable on his stomach.  I wanted to give him a teddy bear.   Watching his legs kicking back and forth in the background like a giddy boy in love just gives me fuzzies all over.

I love your humility in that you recognize that it may be difficult to follow your own advice when it comes to your own children. 

Thank you for such an insightful post.   This is a perfect example of why I enjoy reading opposing views.   Sometimes my perspective is changed as a result of someone else's well thought out argument.

I find it pathetic and sad that it has come to this, where we have to clarify everything we say or be politically correct to keep from offending.  

Perhaps the one being offended should consider that their offense is offensive.

So others don't think I'm pointing fingers, I want to clarify that I never exclude myself from my own words.

With that I am done on this subject, now back to happy Shamy feels.

to the bold parts:

- Try not to worry about that horrible breakup skype call -- they (and we!) are never gonna go through that again. Only good, sweet, funny Shamy skype calls from now on! And also, this scene (the one in this new episode, not 8.24) is hilarious because Amy says "Ooh! I just heard something... might be hail, might be gunfire, either way I'm gonna go take pictures! Bye!" and if you have ever been to Detroit, you know this sentence perfectly sums up the city :icon_cheesygrin: 

- Even with Sheldon being a total ass he is just so cute here! I love that he's so relaxed talking to Amy like he was getting comfy so they could talk for awhile... of course Amy ended the call short though lol. And he's so freaking tall!! Jim needs a bigger bed! (one with room for Amy!) 

- Happy Shamy feels always! <3 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Mary explained Sheldon, when he phoned her to send the ring back, that she can't give the ring to Missy, since she is already married. That's something bothers me, I don't think it makes much sense. If i is just a heirloom in the family (so it is not supposed to be used just as an engagement ring), there's no reason Missy shouldn't have had it, even if she got married. Assuming that the ring is actually used as an engagement ring, since it is something usually a man gives to his girlfriend when he proposes, how can it pass from mother to daughter? Anyway, to get rid of the unpleasant sensation of a possible writers inconsistency, I think the real reason is that Mary has a soft spot for his special boy, and wants to give him her precious ring. 

Maybe she had it while Engaged and gave it back? 

Maybe Mary does not approve of Missy's husband?

Maybe Sheldon really is the golden boy of the family lol 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jenafan said:

I thought there may be an ulterior reason he was laying on his stomach :icon_cheesygrin:.

Seriously though, I think he's just extremely relaxed now with his girl.   She knows everything about him now.   He can be himself.   I always said that there is tender (almost romantic) side that only Amy gets to see, and sometimes I think that's why he doesn't want people barging into his room.   He doesn't want to get caught being human (and I do not mean that in a dirty or vulgar way).

I just hope we don't get a lewd Leonard/Raj's sister Skype moment with Sheldon taking off his shirt (shudders)....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2L344 said:

lol he looks like a teenage girl at a slumber party....

and now I have Katy Perry stuck in my head... 

"You make me feel like I'm living a teenage dream..." :wub:

2 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

I just hope we don't get a lewd Leonard/Raj's sister Skype moment with Sheldon taking off his shirt (shudders)....

image.gif.2cef1a3b2cbf3db927646d257639dd

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, April said:

His tiny bed is still amusing me more than it should.

Imagine Shamy attempting a sleepover in that. What is the worst that could happen? Maybe some accidental cuddling, a risk they're willing to take! And it starts out neatly enough with both of them lying next to each other, maybe holding hands. And then we get a montage of short clips of them struggling through the night in all sorts of hilarious sleeping positions, limbs sprawling out getting into each other's space, the bedsheets getting all tangled up, Amy is snoring, Sheldon is falling out - the whole shebang. Cut to next morning he's searching for a bigger bed. lmao

This needs to be an episode!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hazelra7 said:

You want to know what's funny?  I didn't mind Meemaw being upset with Amy as much as didn't like everyone avoiding Sheldon in the previous episode. This Sheldon the writers are putting forth is too much of handful and we need to "Put up with him" is getting old and makes the character so juvenile.  The episode airing on Thursday really rubbed me the wrong way the more I think of it. It nut shells what has upset me terribly with the show lately.  Everyone is just "putting up" with each other, rather than being friends.  Penny puts up with Leonard and his Star War obsession and his "Man child" roommate that she helped create.  Raj Puts up with Emily.    Amy had enough of Sheldon and broke up with him. (Make no mistake, the writers are blaming the break up Amy.)  The group needs a break from Sheldon so much that they plan a weekend without him?  I don't like it as much as Meemaw didn't like it. 

Meemaw had every right to be upset.  Are you just "putting Up with my Moonpie because you want a boyfriend, or do you really and truly love him?"  SHe didn't know the answer before and the trip out to see Amy was to find that out.  I think she knows now.  I wish Amy defended her love of Sheldon more. I wish we had the banter of the Girl's Vegas Ep or the guy's detraction weekend. That is the TBBT spark I miss.  I miss it in Lenny, I missed in Shamy big time during the overly long break up and mostly I miss it between the friends.  

So the Meemaw Episode was in a way a shout out to my overprotectiveness of Sheldon, in my mind only.  I loved that he told Amy to cool her jets and Meemaw will love Amy again.  This the same woman who gave Amy her prized cookie recipe.  Let me tell you from dealing with "Meemaw" types... Those old biddies don't give up the goods for just any woman.  She knows Amy is long term, but needed to make sure she wasn't going to pull a runner again.  Frankly... I do too.

I would like that psychic to speak to Amy now...

When Amy fully commit to him...   She should give herself to this relationship. Once she does, all her other pursuits will come into focus. Everything will fall into place once Amy's commit to him.... Quirks and All.

Well said and I agree. I know a lot of folks are appreciative of Amy standing up to Meemaw and being confident in not only her own self but the relationship that was renewed, I get it, but I think the things that she said struck a bit of a chord with me. I would've much preferred her standing up to Meemaw in a manner that had her recognizing (in Meemaw's eyes) that she was "the bad girl" in the breakup and some assurances that she wasn't gonna be that girl again. Meemaw is right in checking out Amy, after all she DID breakup with Sheldon after five years and then RETURN to him without conditions. Maybe Meemaw doesn't know that but we do. Folks describe Meemaw's behavior as "b.s." or meddlesome but I disagree- it's in character with a strong willed grandma who loves and is protective of Sheldon. Sheldon wants her to live with him forever for a reason. Is it really b.s. for a loving grandma to fly out and check things out because she's concerned?

A lot of us didn't care for how some things went in the breakup. We have never seen "the talk" between Sheldon and Amy. Maybe it was unnecessary and I personally have since moved on from that since the reconciliation and coitus were so exciting. But perhaps this episode was a way to revisit this hole in the plot and wrap it up in a different way. Maybe Meemaw represents those of us who wanted Amy called out on the "b.s." that she herself threw out in the breakup--a breakup that she initiated and then later retracted presumptively and unconditionally, after the aquarium when she was now "ready" to be Sheldon's gf again...

Meemaw is an important character in Sheldon's life and when Amy "cools her jets" hopefully some of that sinks in. In Meemaw's eyes Amy did her boy wrong, and Meemaw took note of that and wants to make sure it doesn't get repeated. I'm good with that.

This episode was also a way of re-introducing the ring, albeit in an unforseen way! Amy now knows that:

1- Sheldon was committed to the relationship before the breakup

2- The breakup devastated him (she doesn't need to hear it from anyone, the ring's existence tells all)

3- Her "buff" knew about it and kept her mouth shut. No idea if THAT will ever surface again lol...

This should all make for some interesting episodes!

And before anyone calls me out on being overly harsh with Amy, let me just say I follow this thread because I love both Sheldon and Amy equally! I'm not in any way or fashion an Amy hater lol....I like how the episode ends with Sheldon backing his lady, and they have that "us against the world" mentality that I believe is oh so important in a relationship. Good stuff!

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 9

13 minutes ago, hazelra7 said:

I think we can call out Amy on her behavior and still be 100% pro Amy. I know I am.  I long for the talk, but we have to imagine it behind the scenes, or at least hope.  

You put a lot of truth in here about Meemaw and the reaction of the audience.  The writers like to put the audience in the head of the Characters.  Penny was the non-nerd audience for while.  When Sheldon says, "cool your jets."  That's aimed at us fans for sure.  I heard it loud and clear.  When Meemaw says, you broke his heart.  How do I not know you will do it again, she has a point.  Does she want her family ring on the finger of woman who wont love her Moonpie unconditionally?  Meemaw found out it doesn't matter.  Sheldon is set on Amy.  He defended her to Meemaw without prompting, or long island Iced teas.  He looked her with love and knew she was going to get emotional.  

WHen I saw the taping, and Sheldon pulled out the kleenex to hand it to Amy knowing that she was going to get emotional over his voicing of his feelings, you know what I thought?  I thought... he's seen this before.  They had their talk, and he had to watch Amy cry and get emotional. THAT is my take away from the simple act of him pulling out a hidden tissue from his grandmother's sleeve.  

Now you know I am true die hard Shamy fan when I can pull all that out of a single throw away joke on a filler episode.  That's how we Shamys roll.  We see the love in the smallest of gestures and simplest of lines.  We see a couple who was meant for each other since the first glass of tepid water and every action, every line, every eye glance, or spank or kiss or cuddle feeds our belief that this couple is the ideal.  Bumps and troubles for sure (Season 9 first half), but meant for each other. 

Now excuse me while I poop Rainbows and have some brownies.  

Wait.

He pulled out a tissue for her in 914? Which scene?

• Like 1

Just now, camelliayao said:

Wait.

He pulled out a tissue for her in 914? Which scene?

I was just about to say the same thing!!!!! 

15 minutes ago, hazelra7 said:

I think we can call out Amy on her behavior and still be 100% pro Amy. I know I am.  I long for the talk, but we have to imagine it behind the scenes, or at least hope.  

You put a lot of truth in here about Meemaw and the reaction of the audience.  The writers like to put the audience in the head of the Characters.  Penny was the non-nerd audience for while.  When Sheldon says, "cool your jets."  That's aimed at us fans for sure.  I heard it loud and clear.  When Meemaw says, you broke his heart.  How do I not know you will do it again, she has a point.  Does she want her family ring on the finger of woman who wont love her Moonpie unconditionally?  Meemaw found out it doesn't matter.  Sheldon is set on Amy.  He defended her to Meemaw without prompting, or long island Iced teas.  He looked her with love and knew she was going to get emotional.  

WHen I saw the taping, and Sheldon pulled out the kleenex to hand it to Amy knowing that she was going to get emotional over his voicing of his feelings, you know what I thought?  I thought... he's seen this before.  They had their talk, and he had to watch Amy cry and get emotional. THAT is my take away from the simple act of him pulling out a hidden tissue from his grandmother's sleeve.  

Now you know I am true die hard Shamy fan when I can pull all that out of a single throw away joke on a filler episode.  That's how we Shamys roll.  We see the love in the smallest of gestures and simplest of lines.  We see a couple who was meant for each other since the first glass of tepid water and every action, every line, every eye glance, or spank or kiss or cuddle feeds our belief that this couple is the ideal.  Bumps and troubles for sure (Season 9 first half), but meant for each other. 

Now excuse me while I poop Rainbows and have some brownies.  

HE PULLS OUT KLEENEX FOR AMY???? (I think I actually remember Meemaw's "hidden tissues in her sleeve" from the TR but I had no idea what it meant!) OMGGGGGG THIS EPISODE NEEDS TO AIR NOWWWWWW

• Like 9

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

If that is the case, it means she had faith that her son would eventually find love inspite of himself.   How Sweet!   Makes me love Mary even more.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 3

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic