[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

13 minutes ago, kerrycec03 said:

After seeing tonight's episode and coupled with the Meemaw episode...I really think the common theme for Shamy for the remainder of the season... Amy pushing him (not hard, he is figuring things on his own quicker she is just giving a nudge) towards becoming a better person & man.  Not a boyfriend like previous seasons BUT a man.  From the empathy to the entire Meemaw stuff, if she wants him for life, she wants a man and she will NOT be a replacement for a mommy in his life.  And he is going along with this.  I also think this will help push him away from the sotto Mommy & Daddy Lenny even more. 

Love this!! Yes that has been tbe theme of the season. Get Sheldon from boy to man.  He has grown so much and I know he will grow even more the rest of tbe season.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

Aside from Shamy bed skyping, Raj poledancing was my absolute favorite part of this episode! 

And I can't get over how cute Sheldon is! I love how much he trusts Amy to help him mature. I'm so glad she comes home to him soon! 

Raj is adorable isn't he?!

I always love him , but Raj poledancing just stole my heart hahaha. One of my fav non-Shamy moments this season for sure! I wish we'd see more of the party Raj, he's so in his element !

Edited by brilliantfool
  • Like 6

JLove, your new fanfic just totally rocked my world. Love it so much! Highly recommend checking out "After" if you haven't already. Such good Shamy fluffy feels! Great job!

Edit: I realized the author is jlove32, so I hope it's the same person. If not, the sentiment stands! Check out that story!

Edited by MAH_B
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jenafan said:

2 hours ago, 2L344 said:

I'm thinking because wedding rings are traditionally given from husband to wife. It makes sense that Meemaw would let Sheldon have it to pass on. If Missy had it she would have to hold onto it until a guy asked her to marry him, and then she would have to give HIM the ring to give her lol. Awkward.

Mary says it is her grandmother's ring and she seems to have the responsibility and the decision-making power. Meemaw's mother or mother-in-law would have been the last to wear it as an engagement ring. Yes, the rings are given by the fiancé/husband to the fiancée/wife. Traditionally the engagement ring usually comes off on death  if it hasn't been lost or destroyed earlier, and the wedding ring then either comes off or stays on to be buried with the wearer. For no particular reason, probably only because it's jewellery and she has a jewellery box, a female relative tends to take care of the ring(s). There won't be a hard and fast rule about how it's handed down unless it's in somebody's will and/or covered by law. Mary says Missy is married  - ( meaning in that case she's got an engagement ring already ) - and she doesn't want her other son to have the ring. I agree it would have been a bit bizarre for Missy to get the ring upon her own engagement but it's a funny family. Mary was just dismissing the possible reasons for needing the ring back in a hurry in a way that Sheldon could take in at the time.

Having said all that, I have known women wear their deceaseds' engagement rings as jewellery out of sentimentality on another finger or as a pendant. If it's a family with a tradition of handing a ring down she gives it up when it is wanted by a male relative for his fiancee.

Here's a bit of nerdy trivia : in 1970 the law was changed in England and Wales to make the engagement ring the personal property of the woman. If the engagement was broken, she could keep the ring whether or not it was new when given. At the same time, jilted women could no longer sue for breach of promise. I have absolutely no idea what the law regarding heirlooms and marriage arrangement is in Texas. :)

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

From The AV Club: http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/heartfelt-episode-big-bang-theory-sees-sheldon-rec-230785

Throughout this season of The Big Bang Theory, there’s been one consistent story and character arc amongst the rest of the stagnant bunch. Ever since Sheldon and Amy broke up, the show has done a wonderful job of exploring, with nuance and patience, the feelings, actions, and inactions that created the divide between the two seemingly compatible partners. Most of that exploration has focused on Sheldon because he was the one who needed to grow and mature the most. Amy had been more than patient with him, and it was time for him to take responsibility for his role in the demise of their relationship. That led to a genuinely earned reconciliation stretched across numerous episodes.

While “The Empathy Optimization” isn’t nearly as deep or fulfilling as those episodes that took a hard look at Sheldon and Amy, it does once again prove that the show’s strength lies in its ability to question and critique its characters. Sheldon has legitimately grown this season, but that doesn’t mean his work is done. He’s repaired his relationship with Amy, but he still struggles to open up to his closest friends. That changes a bit when Sheldon, after lashing out at his friends (and Emily—yeah, I said it) when they try to take care of him when he’s sick, realizes that he’s been insensitive and cruel to the people he cherishes the most (and Emily). That’s where his relationship with Amy comes in. She’s the one that helps him come to that realization after he complains to her via Skype about their reactions to him. The idea that Amy is staying in Michigan to avoid being around sick Sheldon is a little much, especially considering where they left off, but the essence of their relationship is there, with Amy guiding him in social situations and him being more open to accepting her help and criticisms.

(and Emily) Hahaha. Hilarious and how I feel. I like her but yeah, the fact that it felt like we rarely saw her makes it feel like she's not worthy of "friend" title. LOL. 

Anyway, nice read.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

not to mention... 

Now: 

image.jpeg.91097c1cc2ff7cc7335417569bb65

Now Amy just kicks the door if she doesn't want their make out sessions interrupted!

sjlf;k.png

16 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

But the pajamas are the same. Some things never change.

omg you're right! I never realized that ! Sheldon is so Sheldon

Edited by brilliantfool
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I can't believe they already made them available for sales!!! Anyway, I'm sure those shirts will fly off!

I wonder why they changed the font and pic? I liked the snarky thumbs up pic they used in the episode lol....

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

I wonder why they changed the font and pic? I liked the snarky thumbs up pic they used in the episode lol....

I am assuming this is just a place holder pic.  The shirts are on preorder and won't be ready to ship for a month.   In other words, they didn't expect or anticipate that so many people would want them and I don't think they were planning to selling them.   At least not right now.   They were in demand on Twitter already when only the east coast had aired the episode. 

• Like 3

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic