[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

1 hour ago, jlove said:

I was thinking about Earworm and Opening Night again.  I'm now 100% convinced that not only did Sheldon stay with Amy Saturday night, but that they spent all day Sunday together as well, with him only returning home late Sunday night.

Opening Night starts with Leonard, Penny and Sheldon having dinner Monday night in 4A and Penny says "I'm really glad you and Amy are back together."  This means that Penny has not seen Sheldon since he ran out of the apartment on Saturday night to go get his girl back.

I'm guessing he arrived home late Sunday night, after Lenny was already in bed, or if we imagine Lenny, say, went out themsleves on Sunday night he came back after they had left and was in bed before they returned.  Either way, that puts him at Amy's for at least 24 hours, I'd guess.

There is no way in that time they didn't talk about the breakup.  I'm confident the conversation we all want happened then.  Additionally, like I think I said before, yes Amy was surprised that Sheldon was ready for sex when the girls told her, but not THAT surprised.  As in, once the girls told her what he said she believed it.  My take?  Sheldon and Amy definitely worked some things out on Sunday, in addition to all the necking like hooligans under the school bleachers.

That's my OFF SCREEN Shamy FTW!!!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, 2L344 said:

I really enjoyed tonight's episode, I'm always amazed how I go into the episodes thinking one thing after reading TR's but come out with a whole different vibe! Not a criticism of the TR's (I wait eagerly for them!), but sometimes the narratives lose something in the finished product when finally viewed...anyway, I enjoyed the Skype scenes and Shamy continues to look solid in my eyes! Amy truly appears to be helping Sheldon deal with this latest dilemma and I'm even okay with her delaying her return because she outted herself to Sheldon. Had she maintained the lie it would've been shady and a step back, but her letting Sheldon know that she remained in Detroit because of his illness was like saying she trusted the relationship enough that Sheldon would understand and forgive it. And frankly, he didn't seem too upset if at all. I love her dead delivery of her fake empathy when Sheldon told her to try it regarding her lie, and true to himself he completely misses the sarcastic delivery by Amy lol. Sheldon really paid attention to Amy's advice and had yet another epiphany in the process, that he truly had behaved poorly all this time. Armed with this newly discovered info he goes about in true Sheldon fashion to right the wrongs, and isn't deterred by the banter of the others. I liked seeing it, even if at times he might have looked a little self serving with the apologies....in the end Sheldon makes a very sincere apology to Emily in the bus, so much so that she later admits to Penny that she feels sorry for him even though she knows he's a jerk sometimes. To which Penny replies now you understand lol...and Sheldon makes the sincere gesture of not including himself on their trip for their sake, which Spurs the invite back on the bus. That giddy sprint back to the bus was hilarious! And poor Stuart too....

Other thoughts--

After the various scenarios of Sheldon being an ass to everyone was played out, I'm good with the Vegas retreat idea and didn't feel a lot of sympathy for Sheldon frankly. The gang was all there for him during the illness and didn't try to hide-they went out of their way to make him comfortable and he was a putz. 

I found it interesting that Wolowitz described the 6 month break up while discussing the Vegas trip as Amy taking some time off, which improved the relationship. "Time off"? You were all there and know it was a breakup lol...

Sheldon describing Vegas as "America's urinal cake".....wow lol

Amy telling Sheldon to "Now try it as if this isn't your first day as a person" after his insincere empathy line. Totally reminded me of when Sheldon asked her to be his girlfriend "Now try it without the quadruple negative"....

I loved Sheldon's chortle and and giddiness when recalling his spellcheck tour of restaurant menus with Leonard, he looked so relaxed and happy despite having to start an apology tour!

Sheldon catching himself mid-sentence when describing the Emily/Raj fight to Penny. the look he gives Penny when he realizes his description of the fight was not what she was asking, he gets it! Atta boy....

i found it interesting that Emily and Raj fight over her "standing up for herself" to Sheldon. I like how Raj described her stand as making him uncomfortable since it prolongs the fight with Sheldon. Kind of prefaces the upcoming stand that Amy is going to make with Meemaw, and maybe how Sheldon is going to feel too? Anyway, I gotta say that angry Emily scares the hell out of me lol....

I had a good time with this episode and though we still haven't had the group meal in 4A yet, this kind of felt like a group thing and it was funny! Yeah, the gang kind of unloaded on Sheldon, but he kinda had it coming and frankly Sheldon didn't appear to be hurt once he figured things out and was not deterred by the vibe. He took responsibility for his sins and did the right thing. I like it!

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here, but I wasn't overly thrilled by this episode. And it honestly had nothing to do with the fact that Amy wasn't there because I was very happy with the skype scenes! Sheldon in bed skyping with his little lady is so cute! But as far as the episode as a whole, I didn't really find anything terribly laugh out loud funny until Raj's pole dancing at the very end! I kind of got the impression that this episode was kind of just filler before sweeps...

ok to address the bold parts in your post, 2L344: 

- Shamy 2.0 is unbreakable :) and I'm even more convinced of this based on the 9.14 TR! I love that Amy was confident enough to to coyly confess that she stayed in Detroit 3 extra days to avoid Sheldon being a jackass, and I'm really happy that Sheldon comes to understand that, even though he still wants Amy to apologize for not being there with him sooner. Her sarcastic response was funny in that it placated oblivious Sheldon, but also indicated that while she empathizes with him for missing her, she stands by her decision to stay longer and give herself space between her and sick jerk Sheldon to avoid unpleasantness after just getting back together lol. 

- I really love that Sheldon always seems to have his epiphanies and emotionally grow the most through Amy's help... this has been true since Amy first appeared! They make each other better and they truly belong together <3 

- Both Detroit and Vegas took some major hits this episode! :icon_cheesygrin:

- I love the throwbacks the writers are using with old school Shamy and Shamy 2.0! I hope they keep doing this! 

Edited by FortCozyMcBlanket
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

- I love the throwbacks the writers are using with old school Shamy and Shamy 2.0! I hope they keep doing this! 

I don't know if I was the first one to coin the term Shamy 2.0 back in November, but I just love the way it has taken off. 

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, CentralPerk said:

Bill tweets about the batcav and the fortress of solitude.

clues about living arrangement ?

Interesting?  Fortress of solitude as in Sheldon living alone for awhile?   I certainly hope so.   He needs to experience life on his own a bit before Amy moves in.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Interesting?  Fortress of solitude as in Sheldon living alone for awhile?   I certainly hope so.   He needs to experience life on his own a bit before Amy moves in.

I thought that too, but Amy, Penny, and Bernadette have all lived alone, while none of their partners have and it wasn't something they felt a need to dwell on for Leonard or Howard, so who knows.  That would be fun though.  

• Like 4

just popping in to give my 2 cents worth. 

1 cent - i liked last night's episode. it was generally good. Too much focus on Sheldon? Perhaps but i don't mind. 

2 cents- SHELDON DEFENDS THE WOMAN HE LOVES TO HIS BELOVED GRANDMOTHER!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU GET IT???? !!!!!!!!!!! 

I'm truly amazed and I'm glad they went with Meemaw and Amy butting heads instead of everything being lovey- dovey. :declare:

• Like 8

10 hours ago, boys3allc said:

This right here was the best part of the episode. In my humble opinion this season has been about getting Sheldon from boy to man. Right now he is like a teenager. He just had sex with his girlfriend. Who he is crazy in love with. He is going through what most of us experience around seventeen. Hence his teenybopper pose on the bed.  

image.jpeg

Less than one month and he's already with her in bed. Wait for her next birthday my ass! lol

• Like 6

I prefer the 2nd skype scene over the 1st.  What did you all think?

Also, I love the wardrobe department.  He's wearing a superfriends shirt when he's learning about empathy and begins his apology tour.  It ties in so well.

Edited by notchinc
  • Like 7

37 minutes ago, notchinc said:

Also, I love the wardrobe department.  He's wearing a superfriends shirt when he's learning about empathy and begins his apology tour.  It ties in so well.

I like both, althought the first one has Sheldon layed down in that position. That image is remarkable!

• Like 6

Does anyone else think Bill Prady's tweet of the 198th script is a hint of something "permanent" or unchangeable happening in the episode? Something that leaves a mark? In all his other script pics he has placed a pencil over the title. Why a Sharpie now?  Maybe there's nothing to it, but it makes me curious.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, AnnJ said:

Does anyone else think Bill Prady's tweet of the 198th script is a hint of something "permanent" or unchangeable happening in the episode? Something that leaves a mark? In all his other script pics he has placed a pencil over the title. Why a Sharpie now?  Maybe there's nothing to it, but it makes me curious.

He's used other stuff before like one of those little orange lego separator things.

My theory was that the title was just too obvious with the pencil but I have no clue about the arrow! Excitement that we are nearly at 200? I dunno :icon_wink:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, notchinc said:

The visual is better in the first.  The conversation is better in the second.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, AnnJ said:

I don't wanna get excited and then be fooled again, so I'll say that he just hadn't a pencil around him when he took that picture. Or something "sharpy" might happen.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

He's used other stuff before like one of those little orange lego separator things.

My theory was that the title was just too obvious with the pencil but I have no clue about the arrow! Excitement that we are nearly at 200? I dunno :icon_wink:

Yep. I see them now.  I will check out the other objects to see if there is a symbolic connection to their episodes' themes.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, notchinc said:

Watching it again now...I can't choose.  Both have some very sweet Shamy and some oh-so-them Shamy moments.  Stop asking hard questions.

I've been reading reviews and recaps of the episode.  The number of review/recap writers who have enjoyed the Skype scenes...but are so over it, is funny, they are all so anxious to have them back in the same room together.  Ah, the unspoiled, they'll never know what hit them.  :icon_cheesygrin:

5 hours ago, CentralPerk said:

Bill tweets about the batcav and the fortress of solitude.

clues about living arrangement ?

The weird thing was that in both Tweets he was asking how to pronounce them in French

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Watching it again now...I can't choose.  Both have some very sweet Shamy and some oh-so-them Shamy moments.  Stop asking hard questions.

I've been reading reviews and recaps of the episode.  The number of review/recap writers who have enjoyed the Skype scenes...but are so over it, is funny, they are all so anxious to have them back in the same room together.  Ah, the unspoiled, they'll never know what hit them.  :icon_cheesygrin:

The weird thing was that in both Tweets he was asking how to pronounce them in French

I went to his twitter account to check this french tweets thing and I realized that Molaro is one of the three who created the story. But at the same time, Tara made it too. So is there any reason for possibly be concerned or excited about?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I also thought he thought it was too guessable.  Or, like I said earlier, he's just reminding us that we're so close to the 200th, and telling us that we're not getting any more hints until then.

Maybe 198 is in the title?  That would be a funny twist to him pointing to the number...I think we found out Kripke is in it, right?  Maybe something else about the guys' theory, like an experiment or phenomenon is observed that lasts 198 seconds and gives credibility to their research?   Totally making crap up now, but it would be funny If his script cover actually DID have a clue in it!

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I'm having serious episode 200 anxiety!

himym-i-gots-to-know.gif.6a6dbfb5b493627

I need spoilers and I can't help but feel every episode between now and then is filler :icon_neutral:

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

I went to his twitter account to check this french tweets thing and I realized that Molaro is one of the three who created the story. But at the same time, Tara made it too. So is there any reason for possibly be concerned or excited about?

There are some people who believe that having certain writers on a script means that a story line will trend a certain way...a Shamy or a Lenny or a group episode.

I've never seen any hard evidence that this is true. 

• Like 2

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic