Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9


Recommended Posts

I love to have a mad on hate for Penny for not telling Amy about the ring, but unfortunately, I understand it.  It was Sheldon's place to tell her and she has never really been a "good" friend to Amy as she has been to Sheldon. Besides, you guys are right, Sheldon kept Leonard's ring quiet a long time.  Besides, it makes for a great surprise.  I'm glad. I think if Amy knew, she would have gotten back with SHeldon because of it.  Now, she is back with her cuddles because she missed him, she loves him, not because her ring finger is empty.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • April

    1081

  • A Shamy gal

    1037

  • jenafan

    1018

  • Amy Fowler

    969

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

I'm glad the ring came out after they we're reunited. Lets face it, haters got to hate, and I don't have to hear about her going back just for the ring.. there would have been some nonsense.  If I'm completely honest depending on how the Meemaw episode plays out, I might want a whole new ring... I really have to see how some other things go to see where I'm at with this yet.. I'm probably alone with that, but I have trust issues!

Edited by EvilStewie
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nibbler747 said:

I am so obsessed with Kripke, just dying to watch this.  Ever since I wrote my story...lol.  I have to remember he is a lot creepier in canon!  But generally he's comedy gold.  Can't wait.  Lol...was just thinking about him complaining about Siri.  Have you ever followed the actor's (John Ross Bowie's) instagram?  He's hilarious.

Yes! Ever since I read your story, I started to really like Kripke! I rewatched all of his scenes on YouTube and found him kind of sexy lol. Too bad in the show he's portrayed as a jerk. Ahhhh I really wish they could tell more stories about Kripke rather than Struart. To be honest I even want some cute moments between Amy and Kripke, like the ones in your story. 

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jenafan said:

It seems Penny felt that if Amy had known about Sheldon wanting to broach the subject of marriage that things would have been different with the break up, which is why she pressed him before his "I said I'm Fine" outburst.    That is why I got so confused as to the reason she didn't say anything to Amy, and also because she didn't do anything to discourage Amy from dating Dave.   In fact, she tried to help her along by encouraging her to be more sexy, letting her borrow her shoes, etc.

As I go back and review the things that happened and are happening now, I think Penny kept things close to the vest because she had her own silent agenda.   She wanted Sheldon to learn that he can't keep bottling up his feelings and neglecting the woman he claims to love.    She also hoped it would cause Amy to open herself up more to modern dress and grooming, etc.   I think she wanted Amy to get experience she wasn't getting from Sheldon.

Penny felt sorry for Sheldon, but she wasn't going to condone Shamy reconciling with the way things were with Sheldon continuing to be the bad boyfriend.   If Sheldon ended up losing Amy for good, then at least perhaps he'd learn how to treat his next girlfriend better.   When Sheldon had his epiphany in earworm, Penny looked proud of him, as if this was what she'd been waiting for him to figure out on his own.   In her mind, it wasn't her place to tell Amy how he felt and what he wants, it was his.

I'm sure if Penny had told Amy how heartbroken Sheldon was, and if Amy knew about the ring, she would have cancelled her date with Dave that night and gone over to the other apartment to have a discussion with Sheldon.  They'd be back to where they were before the break up.

Amy knowing what she knows now about Sheldon's intentions and how hurt he was, I bet she's seething a little inside that Penny did not reveal any of these things to her.    Meemaw is disappointed in Amy, but she fails to understand that Amy's actions and the length of the break up were the result of lack of and misinformation that Sheldon wasn't interested in committing, not because she didn't want Sheldon in her life.   Like Amy told Dave, she was putting a lot of work into the relationship, and it seemed she wasn't getting the return that she hoped for and wanted.

We still don't know if the "bad boyfriend" line came from Amy, or if it was Penny's misinterpretation.   However, I think it would be interesting if the new rift is between Penny and Amy for awhile.

I give Meemaw a pass for presumably having a skewed view of Amy and the breakup since we have no idea what was fed to her. And youre right, Amy would probably have reconciled her differences with Sheldon if the existence of the ring was revealed to her, and maybe the status quo would have been maintained and growth would not have been made.

But theres no way Penny could have known any of what we now know would happen. Amy eventually tries to return to the status quo anyway but Sheldon turns her down. So the idea of personal growth occurring is irrelevant since Amy was willing to settle for old Sheldon. Penny interferes a lot, its her thing. The fact that she encourages (doesnt stay out of it) Amy to explore options and actively participates in it is evidence of that. She didnt hesitate to help Howard get Bernie back when he asked, and that was a short relationship with a guy Penny considered somewhat loathesome...

I guess IMO you give too much credit to Penny for being the wise one in withholding the ring info. Maybe ultimately it is none of Penny's business to get involved. The same may be true for Meemaw adding her two cents regardless of being a loving gramdma who is acting on Sheldon's behalf because, as family and someone who deeply cares for Sheldon, she wants to do her part in sparing him a mistake. Its hard to argue against that.

But for me, if you have potential info that is a game changer in something like a failed five year relationship between friends and choose to keep that secret, you are nt being much of a friend. Amy could have always weighed the info about the ring herself and decided that it was either irrelevant because despite the ring Sheldon was still an ass hat who wasnt gonna change. Worse case scenario is she runs back to him and gets what she wants (something she attempted to do anyway, right or wrong). 

Had Amy decided Dave wasnt for her, and a heartbroken Sheldon chose to abandon relationships in the future, I dont see how keeping the ring info a secret is a win. Certainly, if Amy found out about it she would lay blame for her lack of "happiness" on Penny's doorstep, and Penny would have a hard time defending her action as for being Amy's own good. 

I guess for me it boils down to what a person believes what a "friend" should be, and to what lengths they should go to BE a friend. Bernie knew Lenny kissed another girl on the sea voyage and held onto that info. As a friend, SHOULD she have said something to her friend Penny? When Sheldon thought Penny was having an affair with someone when Leonard was away at sea (ironic huh lol) he struggled with that issue as a friend enough to confide in Amy, and ultimately barged in on Penny in an attempt to confirm his fears ( and undoubtedly he would have shared that info with Leonard if he was right). 

Wow, what a long-winded reply by me lol sorry! I do enjoy your thoughts on this thread as always! 

 

 

 

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Yes! Ever since I read your story, I started to really like Kripke! I rewatched all of his scenes on YouTube and found him kind of sexy lol. Too bad in the show he's portrayed as a jerk. Ahhhh I really wish they could tell more stories about Kripke rather than Struart. To be honest I even want some cute moments between Amy and Kripke, like the ones in your story. 

Kripke is totally sexy!  It's the confidence, I think.  That's why he is awesome and Stuart is not.  I'd much prefer watching Jripke scenes to Stuart ones.  I like Sheldon for his confidence also.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hazelra7 said:

I love to have a mad on hate for Penny for not telling Amy about the ring, but unfortunately, I understand it.  It was Sheldon's place to tell her and she has never really been a "good" friend to Amy as she has been to Sheldon. Besides, you guys are right, Sheldon kept Leonard's ring quiet a long time.  Besides, it makes for a great surprise.  I'm glad. I think if Amy knew, she would have gotten back with SHeldon because of it.  Now, she is back with her cuddles because she missed him, she loves him, not because her ring finger is empty.  

Yeah I just finished a long winded reply about the ring to Jena lol. I'm glad the breakup was reconciled without the ring, and everyone is right to point out that the ring should be something revealed by Sheldon and not Penny or Meemaw. But nonetheless, the story written has the ring's existence revealed to Penny and Leonard. And my problem with the secret being kept is that these are friends, and this was an ugly breakup, and I think withholding the info is not what I would expect a friend to do. Amy is a big girl and can weigh what the existence of the ring would ultimately mean to her. Penny and Leonard keeping that secret is a bit presumptious and not very trusting of Amy to make informed decisions. But yes, the argument can also be made that it isn't a friend's responsibility to interfere either. Neither position is wrong, it just comes down to what one believes a friend should be in times like that......

Frankly, I personally had issues with all the friends' behavior during the breakup lol! It is what it is I suppose....

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Yeah I just finished a long winded reply about the ring to Jena lol. I'm glad the breakup was reconciled without the ring, and everyone is right to point out that the ring should be something revealed by Sheldon and not Penny or Meemaw. But nonetheless, the story written has the ring's existence revealed to Penny and Leonard. And my problem with the secret being kept is that these are friends, and this was an ugly breakup, and I think withholding the info is not what I would expect a friend to do. Amy is a big girl and can weigh what the existence of the ring would ultimately mean to her. Penny and Leonard keeping that secret is a bit presumptious and not very trusting of Amy to make informed decisions. But yes, the argument can also be made that it isn't a friend's responsibility to interfere either. Neither position is wrong, it just comes down to what one believes a friend should be in times like that......

Frankly, I personally had issues with all the friends' behavior during the breakup lol! It is what it is I suppose....

They behaved like it was nothing, it bothered me too, but I believe they knew that it was their thing so they couldn't or even shouldn't intervene unless one of them asked to and that they would figure out a way to make the relationship work again (which is what happened).
 

Off topic: I was almost getting out of the sadness due recent David Bowie's death, almost forgetting about it. Then I saw John Ross Bowie's name, remembered everything and now the grief is back lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EvilStewie said:

I'm glad the ring came out after they we're reunited. Lets face it, haters got to hate, and I don't have to hear about her going back just for the ring.. there would have been some nonsense.  If I'm completely honest depending on how the Meemaw episode plays out, I might want a whole new ring... I really have to see how some other things go to see where I'm at with this yet.. I'm probably alone with that, but I have trust issues!

Interesting - the same thought came to my mind after reading the TR. An engagement ring is one of the most personal things, and as much as I liked the idea of a family heirloom in the beginning, I changed my mind about it. Not only because of the way the Meemaw episode played out. But I suddenly asked myself: Would I have wanted my husband's grandmother's ring? She was a wonderful woman who I loved dearly. Still the answer is definitely NO.

I was actually surprised when I realized this, since I am a pretty traditional person. And I would have loved to have a family heirloom as a present (a necklace, or even a ring), but not as an engagement ring. Since we were about to start our own family this was to be a symbol of something new we were creating together.

Yes, the more I think about it, I really have to say that I love the fact that my ring has been chosen by the one I love especially for me. :icon_redface:

I still think Amy will get the family heirloom, and I'm fine with it. Just saying if Sheldon will chose a new ring especially and just for Amy I won't be disappointed anymore, I will actually like it. :wink:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Radar said:

Interesting - the same thought came to my mind after reading the TR. An engagement ring is one of the most personal things, and as much as I liked the idea of a family heirloom in the beginning, I changed my mind about it. Not only because of the way the Meemaw episode played out. But I suddenly asked myself: Would I have wanted my husband's grandmother's ring? She was a wonderful woman who I loved dearly. Still the answer is definitely NO.

I was actually surprised when I realized this, since I am a pretty traditional person. And I would have loved to have a family heirloom as a present (a necklace, or even a ring), but not as an engagement ring. Since we were about to start our own family this was to be a symbol of something new we were creating together.

Yes, the more I think about it, I really have to say that I love the fact that my ring has been chosen by the one I love especially for me. :icon_redface:

I still think Amy will get the family heirloom, and I'm fine with it. Just saying if Sheldon will chose a new ring especially and just for Amy I won't be disappointed anymore, I will actually like it. :wink:

 

Its a personal thing and not everyone has to agree with it, but I'm glad you do!! For me if Meemaw's " I guess so" is even slightly sarcastic or negative, I'm done with that ring! What you said is so on point. I think an engagement ring should involve two ppl. I wouldn't want to be reminded for the next 50ish years every time I looked at it how someone didn't think I deserved it, Thats the exact  opposite meaning it should have. Yeah, we are probably stuck with the heirloom, but Amy said in TR that she don't care if its a new ring. I would have no problem with Amy trying to "lose" it for a few episodes for exactly these reasons.  To me, to accept that ring if Meemaw isn't 100% on board, it is just accepting bad Karma! 

 

roots.png

Edited by EvilStewie
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the heirloom ring would mean more to Amy now, knowing that Sheldon wanted to defy his grandmother by giving it to her.   If I were her, what would come to my mind is the memory of him standing up for me, not that someone in the family disliked me.   Besides, Amy finds being the bad girl oddly titillating.   Wearing that ring would give her a sense of victory.

If Sheldon bought her a new ring, I'd be fine with that, but I see nothing wrong with her getting the heirloom either.  I'd hate for him to send it back to his mother when she has no one else to give it to. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't the ring tainted anyway if you are going to go down that road?  Didn't it belong to his 9-fingered nana?  LOL!  When I first heard that, my first thought was ewww!  LOL!

I know I wouldn't have a problem with it --  it is a family heirloom and call me old-fashioned but even if someone were opposed or had reservations about my getting the family heirloom, I'd be like Amy and find the role of the bad girl oddly titillating!

Maybe it is just my cynical attitude at times, but Meemaw is not going to be around forever!

 

 

Edited by lpm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 2L344 said:

Yeah I just finished a long winded reply about the ring to Jena lol. I'm glad the breakup was reconciled without the ring, and everyone is right to point out that the ring should be something revealed by Sheldon and not Penny or Meemaw. But nonetheless, the story written has the ring's existence revealed to Penny and Leonard. And my problem with the secret being kept is that these are friends, and this was an ugly breakup, and I think withholding the info is not what I would expect a friend to do. Amy is a big girl and can weigh what the existence of the ring would ultimately mean to her. Penny and Leonard keeping that secret is a bit presumptious and not very trusting of Amy to make informed decisions. But yes, the argument can also be made that it isn't a friend's responsibility to interfere either. Neither position is wrong, it just comes down to what one believes a friend should be in times like that......

Frankly, I personally had issues with all the friends' behavior during the breakup lol! It is what it is I suppose....

This exactly was my problem with the break up all along. I never understood why they didn't find a way to make them talk to each other. I thought their friends would try and establish what the problem between the two of them was. And while Penny wasn't there for the actual break up....she wasn't surprised when Sheldon told her. She actually said to him, "I'm surprised Amy went through with it." Sheldon was angry at Penny for encouraging her to do it and she replied it isn't my fault she thinks you are a bad boyfriend. 

This to me meant Amy had complained and had been contemplating breaking up with him. It seems as if she confided in Penny alone. Bernadette seemed genuinely concerned about Amy after she dumped him during the wedding but then she also heard Sheldon's comments. It seems to me she may be more on the side of understanding why Amy did it.

Now as far as the ring:

While I agree Amy is a big girl and could ultimately decide for herself how to handle the ring if Penny told her, I feel that it wasn't their place to tell her about it. I am not happy that she knows about it now. I really wanted the proposal to come as a complete surprise. This is probably my reasoning for not wanting Penny to tell her.

I don't believe Amy will put the pressure on him to propose but I think he could feel more pressure to do it right. I would think he knows how it happened with Penny and Leonard and he doesn't want to just decide like they did(yes it was really nice at the end when he actually asked but face it Penny decided it was time). I don't think he will go the route of Howard in front of their friends. I think it will be something totally Sheldon and Amy....but he might feel the need to make it extra romantic,which let's face it he is not. I want him to go all out and then it not work and Amy to be like....you know you could just ask me and it will be fine.

Now I saw the debate about whether their should be another ring or still the heirloom and I have mixed feeling about this. If Meemaw's I guess so is sarcastic then I want  a new one because I agree with the bad karma thing(not sure who said it....so sorry) but if she is genuine and really believes that Amy gets Sheldon and won't hurt her moonpie again then I am all for Amy wearing that ring. I guess I will have to see how it plays out.

On a fun note regarding Kripke in the episode tonight: I would love for Amy to find out about the imaginary sex life Sheldon made up and have Kripke say something along the lines of the sex must have been have been really good for you to go back to him. And Amy to be like what are you talking about and Kripke telling her everything and she be like oh yeah it was great....then speaking to Sheldon later and it could be really funny.....no drama though....she could say.....I saved your butt but you could have warned me.

I don't know I think that could be fun. But who knows he could be in the show for an entirely different reason.

Okay long post here but I haven't been on in days....lots to catch up on.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDK, but if I were a guy giving my woman an engagement ring, I'd be pretty pissed off if she made demands about it.    I can understand them going in together and perhaps picking another one later that better fits her fancy, but to demand that the ring (a symbol) is tainted, when it is the relationship she should be focused on, would be off-putting.     It's not like he's giving her a ring that once belonged to his ex-girlfriend or something.   It's a piece of his family's history.

Amy was willing to wear brides maid dresses that remained after the death of her family members.  I don't think she is worried about the ring at all.    In fact, her comment to Meemaw indicated that she doesn't even need the ring at all.   However, now that she has Meemaw's blessing, of course she does.  Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge toward Sheldon.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jenafan said:

IDK, but if I were a guy giving my woman an engagement ring, I'd be pretty pissed off if she made demands about it.    I can understand them going in together and perhaps picking another one later that better fits her fancy, but to demand that the ring (a symbol) is tainted, when it is the relationship she should be focused on, would be off-putting.     It's not like he's giving her a ring that once belonged to his ex-girlfriend or something.   It's a piece of his family's history.

Amy was willing to wear brides maid dresses that remained after the death of her family members.  I don't think she is worried about the ring at all.    In fact, her comment to Meemaw indicated that she doesn't even need the ring at all.   However, now that she has Meemaw's blessing, of course she does.  Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge toward Sheldon.

Like I said, I have mixed feelings but I want to see it play out. I may have missed the part about her not needing the ring when I read the TR but if she said that then I agree whole heartedly. And you are right I never even thought about the bridesmaid dresses.

My only concern was if Amy doesn't feel like she really has her blessing why would she want to wear her ring? But then again, Meemaw didn't say give it back you can't have it anymore Sheldon. So she probably does approve.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wowbagger said:

As to Penny not telling Amy about the ring: well, that one I can get behind, if Penny thought that Amy was done with Sheldon. Why confuse Amy and/or risk Amy being so bedazzled by the ring (ew)/guilt-stricken at the thought that Sheldon was going to propose that she would go back even if she didn't want to be with the guy (ew)? That is not a good idea for either Sheldon or Amy.

No, the thing that puzzles me a little is how little constraint Penny displayed about helping Amy date other dudes. Obviously, look out for Amy and help her move on if you think that that is what she wants to do, but-

a ) er-show, 'moving on' is not synonymous with 'immediately jumping back on the dating carousel after a five year relationship which happened to be your first long term romantic relationship and also your first romantic relationship of any kind Good Lord'. And before anyone brings up the 'eggs' comment, I'd like to remind them that that was Sheldon's remark, not Amy's. Sheldon has had offspring with Amy on his mind since even before they were boyfriend/girlfriend. Amy herself, as far as I remember, hasn't brought up the state of her ovaries at all. (Well-played, show, by the way).

b ) nope. Still don't buy that Penny wouldn't manifest at least a little awkwardness about helping Amy move on, knowing what she knows. Help? Absolutely. Be completely unfazed about it? I don't know.

But the ring? Actually, if the ring conversation plays out as a PAmy interaction, with Amy saying 'What the hell?!? You knew about the ring?!?' and Penny saying 'Well, you didn't want to go back, remember?!?' and Amy shuffling her feet and saying 'About that.....', and that way we get some more insight into what Amy went through (which was only hinted at in the Aquarium episode)? I would be down with that. All this ShAmy loveliness is wonderful, but I'm jonesing for my PAmy fix, yo!

To be fair, Penny was also genuinely happy that Sheldon has decided to search for a new girlfriend just one episode after she witnessed his meltdown, that he was going to propose and saw Amy with Dave instead. I think that it is just her way to advise friends in general on the topic of break ups; from what she got from Amy (that was very good in keeping her secrets and her doubts, even with the audience, LOL) she realized the relationship was over, and for her one of the "right" ways to move on is actually to date somebody else. More or less the same goes for Sheldon, she just took his words for granted, even if you may expect a little more insight at least on this regards...It is not the kind advise I would give to a friend of mine who is like Sheldon or Amy, but maybe she thought it was for the best. Or, maybe, it was just the writers trying to create more confusion in the situation and preventing Amy and Sheldon to have the "talk" we never got the chance to watch on-screen.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lpm said:
Isn't the ring tainted anyway if you are going to go down that road?  Didn't it belong to his 9-fingered nana?  LOL!  When I first heard that, my first thought was ewww!  LOL!

I know I wouldn't have a problem with it --  it is a family heirloom and call me old-fashioned but even if someone were opposed or had reservations about my getting the family heirloom, I'd be like Amy and find the role of the bad girl oddly titillating!

Maybe it is just my cynical attitude at times, but Meemaw is not going to be around forever!

 

 

 

Yeah that was kinda icky, but I was talking about new taint lol.. I personaly would tell her to keep it and mean it ( as Amy did) cause its not about anyone else but them, and once someone else butts in...thats over. I reserve judgement on Meemaw til I see the episode though. I wouldn't feel bad about being off putting in the least. If you can't understand that, I shouldnt be marrying you anyway. To be reminded that someone didnt think I deserved ring and/or man that I wear as a reminder of our love and commitment ...she can keep her damn ring!

 

Edited by EvilStewie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, kimbee73 said:

This exactly was my problem with the break up all along. I never understood why they didn't find a way to make them talk to each other. I thought their friends would try and establish what the problem between the two of them was. And while Penny wasn't there for the actual break up....she wasn't surprised when Sheldon told her. She actually said to him, "I'm surprised Amy went through with it." Sheldon was angry at Penny for encouraging her to do it and she replied it isn't my fault she thinks you are a bad boyfriend. 

This to me meant Amy had complained and had been contemplating breaking up with him. It seems as if she confided in Penny alone. Bernadette seemed genuinely concerned about Amy after she dumped him during the wedding but then she also heard Sheldon's comments. It seems to me she may be more on the side of understanding why Amy did it.

Now as far as the ring:

While I agree Amy is a big girl and could ultimately decide for herself how to handle the ring if Penny told her, I feel that it wasn't their place to tell her about it. I am not happy that she knows about it now. I really wanted the proposal to come as a complete surprise. This is probably my reasoning for not wanting Penny to tell her.

I don't believe Amy will put the pressure on him to propose but I think he could feel more pressure to do it right. I would think he knows how it happened with Penny and Leonard and he doesn't want to just decide like they did(yes it was really nice at the end when he actually asked but face it Penny decided it was time). I don't think he will go the route of Howard in front of their friends. I think it will be something totally Sheldon and Amy....but he might feel the need to make it extra romantic,which let's face it he is not. I want him to go all out and then it not work and Amy to be like....you know you could just ask me and it will be fine.

Now I saw the debate about whether their should be another ring or still the heirloom and I have mixed feeling about this. If Meemaw's I guess so is sarcastic then I want  a new one because I agree with the bad karma thing(not sure who said it....so sorry) but if she is genuine and really believes that Amy gets Sheldon and won't hurt her moonpie again then I am all for Amy wearing that ring. I guess I will have to see how it plays out.

On a fun note regarding Kripke in the episode tonight: I would love for Amy to find out about the imaginary sex life Sheldon made up and have Kripke say something along the lines of the sex must have been have been really good for you to go back to him. And Amy to be like what are you talking about and Kripke telling her everything and she be like oh yeah it was great....then speaking to Sheldon later and it could be really funny.....no drama though....she could say.....I saved your butt but you could have warned me.

I don't know I think that could be fun. But who knows he could be in the show for an entirely different reason.

Okay long post here but I haven't been on in days....lots to catch up on.

I get that some people don't feel it was their place to mention the ring to Amy, I just personally disagree with that. IMO friends who care, will care to help, not dispassionately sit back and watch a train wreck happen and ask for more butter for the popcorn lol. The ring is a big deal. Penny knew it, Leonard did too, and even Sheldon did since he used it as his ace in the hole that he wound up not playing when he saw the Dave doorstep kiss. And now Amy knows about it, and you can bet she was pissed about Penny knowing and taking it to the grave.

If Penny can reunite Bernie with a loathsome Wolowitz (remember how pissed Bernie got during their breakup when she found out Penny knew what kind of guy Howard was lol?), encourage Amy to date (and gleefully I might add) during the breakup, and help spill the beans about Sheldon's coitus present, she can certainly mention the ring in the spirit of being a friend to Amy and Sheldon. She demonstrated her willingness time and time again to "interfere" so why would this be any different?

Im not arguing about how the writers ultimately plotted out the breakup and reconciliation, it's their story to tell. I am however calling out the behavior of the characters who are supposed to be good friends, and calling it like I see it. No doubt it's not how everyone sees it lol...

Now that the cat is out of the bag it's darn near impossible to predict how Sheldon will propose, or how long it will take. Rumors are that the show might get extended past the 10 year mark. I'm betting the proposal is stretched out until that talk, if it is occurring, is resolved. 

Exciting times for our Shamy!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, jenafan said:

 

Amy was willing to wear brides maid dresses that remained after the death of her family members.  I don't think she is worried about the ring at all.    In fact, her comment to Meemaw indicated that she doesn't even need the ring at all.   However, now that she has Meemaw's blessing, of course she does.  Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge toward Sheldon.

I have to see how this plays out! I thought I read that Amy said I don't need her ring when Meemaw was telling Sheldon to tell Amy she would never get the ring, and he couldn't. That is sweet, but depending on the "I guess" ..We'll see how I feel! By Amy saying that alone to me proves the Amy willing to wear those dresses and this Amy now different Amy's. 

Edited by EvilStewie
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Short question regarding rings and their tradition in the US: Does the engagement ring become the wedding band? I assumed it would because that's our tradition, but of course that may be different in different cultures. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

I get that some people don't feel it was their place to mention the ring to Amy, I just personally disagree with that. IMO friends who care, will care to help, not dispassionately sit back and watch a train wreck happen and ask for more butter for the popcorn lol. The ring is a big deal. Penny knew it, Leonard did too, and even Sheldon did since he used it as his ace in the hole that he wound up not playing when he saw the Dave doorstep kiss. And now Amy knows about it, and you can bet she was pissed about Penny knowing and taking it to the grave.

If Penny can reunite Bernie with a loathsome Wolowitz (remember how pissed Bernie got during their breakup when she found out Penny knew what kind of guy Howard was lol?), encourage Amy to date (and gleefully I might add) during the breakup, and help spill the beans about Sheldon's coitus present, she can certainly mention the ring in the spirit of being a friend to Amy and Sheldon. She demonstrated her willingness time and time again to "interfere" so why would this be any different?

Im not arguing about how the writers ultimately plotted out the breakup and reconciliation, it's their story to tell. I am however calling out the behavior of the characters who are supposed to be good friends, and calling it like I see it. No doubt it's not how everyone sees it lol...

Now that the cat is out of the bag it's darn near impossible to predict how Sheldon will propose, or how long it will take. Rumors are that the show might get extended past the 10 year mark. I'm betting the proposal is stretched out until that talk, if it is occurring, is resolved. 

Exciting times for our Shamy!

You are not saying anything I disagree with. I just assumed that Penny would blab the moment she found out, like with the coitus. Although they didn't come right out and tell her until she wanted to know why they were acting so strange.  And she did encourage Amy to date knowing about the ring, but I think that is because she thought Sheldon was looking as well. This is terrible communication on the parts of friends and on Sheldon and Amy. If they had just talked it out, maybe if Sheldon had given more than 11 hours, they could have fixed it sooner. But the writers wanted it drawn out. Then they drop the bombshell about the ring and Penny didn't run to Amy about it. You are right it seems she should have. I think the writers had us believing that the proposal would be a surprise and then BOOM Meemaw goes and ruins it all. If someone was to ruin it, that should have fallen to Penny, I agree.

I do hope they don't draw this proposal out. I would love to just see it happen casually between the two of them. Now that it is out there I feel the pressure will be on Sheldon. I don't think Amy will be the one pressuring, I think he wants to do it right. Penny could be the one to push him into it.

But you are right....it is the writer's story to tell and you never know how long we will have to wait. It could happen tonight for all we know(wishful thinking here)

5 minutes ago, Radar said:

Short question regarding rings and their tradition in the US: Does the engagement ring become the wedding band? I assumed it would because that's our tradition, but of course that may be different in different cultures. :wink:

For the most part it is an engagement ring then a wedding band also. I have both but there may be some that only have the one so I don't want to answer for everyone involved.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Radar said:

Short question regarding rings and their tradition in the US: Does the engagement ring become the wedding band? I assumed it would because that's our tradition, but of course that may be different in different cultures. :wink:

In the US you wear both, but you wear the band first then put the engagement ring on ..that way the band is closer to your heart! It becomes like a set though

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Now that the cat is out of the bag it's darn near impossible to predict how Sheldon will propose, or how long it will take. Rumors are that the show might get extended past the 10 year mark. I'm betting the proposal is stretched out until that talk, if it is occurring, is resolved. 

Exciting times for our Shamy!

Just popping in to say that I agree with you. Like we were talking about earlier, Sheldon probably wants to set a date right away after the proposal. And I don't think the writers will set a date for their wedding until they have some sort of confirmation about whether the show will go beyond the 10th season or not. So I guess we'll just have to take their advice and "cool our jets" for the time being. On the other hand, they could get engaged in the next episode for all we know. I seriously doubt it, but the writers have surprised me more than once before :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.