The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

I agree with this.  But it goes bother ways.  As posters reading the taping reports we have to keep in mind that things might seem a little different when we watch it.  As people who report from the tapings we have to keep in that there is only so much one can correctly convey in what we type and have to understand that people may not get it until they see it and let people react as they will.  Telling people, "well I was there so..." is a bit condescending.  While discussing what I saw at the premier taping with a few they had certain reactions that I didn't have at the taping.  I tried to explain more, sometimes that worked to convey what I saw, sometimes it didn't.  I can't fault others for that and I can't take personal offense to that.

That was exactly my point.  That we should be mindful on ALL sides.

• Like 3

Wait but... if they filmed the scene with Laurie, even if not at the taping, shouldn't it have been in the episode they played for you guys at the taping this week?? Wtf? 

• Like 3

agreed...Not sure where it would fit in.....obviously its a Skype call/phone situation and its from EW which is a legit site....And seeing Penny father in the 3rd episode would make sense.  Maybe Sheldon did tell his Mom... and we find out more about the ring...hmmmm....

I'm stunned by this latest spoiler...but very intrigued!!

I'm in shock.  It has to either be the opening or the tag, but it would make more sense if it was the tag given how episode 2 plays out.  The source for this spoiler is usually always a legit source so it must be true.

• Like 3

yea, that's an odd spoiler.  Unless its a secret scene and video call situation because Laurie is tied up on Broadway right now.  Hmmm so Santa Molaro might have been right after all if its a secret scene.  I saw what they showed and def didn't see Laurie lol

Where did the ring spoiler come from?  I mean, what's the source?  I can totally see them slipping that in secretly, since yeah, we got nothing at all at the taping.  Very interesting...

• Like 2

I'm in shock.  It has to either be the opening or the tag, but it would make more sense if it was the tag given how episode 2 plays out.  The source for this spoiler is usually always a legit source so it must be true.

yea, for sure.  Because the guys sitting all upset in the apartment wasn't a great end.  And didn't feel like a tag...

ok don't want to get my hopes up....

• Like 3

Wait but... if they filmed the scene with Laurie, even if not at the taping, shouldn't it have been in the episode they played for you guys at the taping this week?? Wtf? 

I think it might be taped next week with Penny's dad, like the Locomotive tag being filmed a week later and the Counterfactuals cold open being taped a week later. Laurie may not have been available, and they got this info and Penny's dad at the same time so they probably found out at the same time.

• Like 8

Not unless they couldn't get her til this week or something.  Happened in January too with the Nathan Fillion scenes in Comic Book.  They filmed his scene two weeks after we went to that taping.  They still have some lead time til the premiere so this could very well have been taped late this week.

• Like 5

I don't think Amy's break from Sheldon had to do with these specifics, as much as more generally about whether he wants her and wants a future with her. That's why I said that last week I was so prepared to hear the classic sitcom!girlfirend lines of "I'm not getting any younger and I want babies and you're just leading me on! I need to move on and start a family!", but instead we keep getting these lines from Sheldon and Amy hasn't even brought that up at all so far. Actually, she seems irritated that he brings it up like he really doesn't get that's not the issue to her.

I feel Sheldon thinks the issue is because he hasn't had sex with Amy, as this is what Penny keeps telling him is wrong with the relationship.   As such, Sheldon is dropping hints to tell Amy that if that is what is keeping her away from him, then she doesn't have to worry any longer.   She will get it, but it comes with strings attached.   This isn't going to be a casual try before you buy or hit and quit it thing.  If they are going to do this, it will be for the long haul, with the intention of building a family.   No, he has not proposed, yet, but he has intimated his intentions of doing so by all of his comments and innuendos.   

We know Amy wants these things, too, but this is not the underlying issue that caused this break up.   It is Sheldon's selfishness, always thinking about himself, first, instead of her.   Unfortunately, his current behavior is only serving to prove her point.   All he can think about it how much he wants to be with her and is finding reasons to do so, as they are seeing each other more now than when they were together, as Amy put it.  If Sheldon would make the sacrifice to give her the breathing space she needs to gather her thoughts so they can eventually talk it out, like they always do, he can have it all.   Sheldon has admitted on several occasions that he knows how difficult he can be.  Perhaps he is afraid that if he leaves her alone to think, she will disappear for good.  

Take a deep breath, Sheldon, it will be okay, if you just stop suffocating her!

Amy keeps accepting his messages and visits.   She is responding to his jabs.  She hasn't given up.   She loves Sheldon and who he is, quirks and all.   What she is looking for is that spark of hope where he finally gets it that a relationship is not all about him and what makes him comfortable and happy, but about making her a priority in his life and considering her needs and wants along with his own.    Things like going with her to visit her family, consulting her on big decisions, giving up game night to do something that she wants, holding on to the wall along side her while skating; a relationship based on partnership rather than push-pull.   

It is not so much romance she is missing, but gestures that consider the things she likes.  Yes, a mushroom log is an expression of fondness, but wouldn't it be even better if he got her favorite vase of flowers?  Impractical maybe, because they die, but would go along way of showing her that the things she likes are important to him, even if he doesn't understand why.  She is not into trains or science fiction, but she partakes because these are what he enjoys.   She wants him to reach outside of his comfort-zone to do and express such these things for her, as well.

She knows he won't be perfect because of who he is, and no relationship is, but she wants him to want to try.   

• Like 7

I'm sorry you feel this way. I've never been part of a forum before but I really enjoy the conversations here. Also I don't feel like people are attacking each other. Tbh, I'm suffering from major depression and rarely leave my home. I've big social issues and lost all my friends due to that. Since I found this forum a few days ago I've been able to communicate with people who share my interest. It's really brightened my days.

Also, I won't be able to watch season 9 until next year and am extremely grateful for all the information. And yes, I like discussing it, imagining things or moaning about them.

I really thought that's what this forum is for.

I'm not a hugger, but I'll give you one of my famous mental hugs Juni. I'm glad you found us. I can definitely relate to the internet helping meeting like-minded people when it's harder to do IRL.

• Like 9

This is awesome you guys! With Mary's appearance, I think there's a big chance we'll learn more about the ring! Perhaps Molaro wasn't lying after all :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 6

It's amazing how one little spoiler like that can make the previously-unhappy people here so excited! :shy:

• Like 8

Aaaaahhhhh!  I'm all freaking out with excitement now!  My heart is pounding!  :icon_cheesygrin:

Ok so I was already excited but now I'm super excited.  I didn't think I would ever say this but now I can't wait to see that damn premiere again.  This changes my opinion on it entirely :)!!!!!

• Like 5

I'm sorry you feel this way. I've never been part of a forum before but I really enjoy the conversations here. Also I don't feel like people are attacking each other. Tbh, I'm suffering from major depression and rarely leave my home. I've big social issues and lost all my friends due to that. Since I found this forum a few days ago I've been able to communicate with people who share my interest. It's really brightened my days.

Also, I won't be able to watch season 9 until next year and am extremely grateful for all the information. And yes, I like discussing it, imagining things or moaning about them.

I really thought that's what this forum is for.

***Hugs Juni***  I understand where you're coming from more than you know.  

• Like 3

Whether this ring-Mary-spoiler is true or not, I'm actually just enjoying so much to be a fan of TBBT and Shamy. This is much better than the hiatus, and I'm so looking forward to the upcoming episodes.

Edited by Bavarian ShamyShipper Girl
  • Like 4

Whether this ring-Mary-spoiler is true or not, I'm actually just enjoying so much to be a fan of TBBT and Shamy. This is much better than the hiatus, and I'm so looking forward to the upcoming episodes.

its a good ship with an underlying message of loving somebody for who they truly are and being ok with just being you!!  A true there is a key for every lock story!!

• Like 5

I'm not a hugger, but I'll give you one of my famous mental hugs Juni. I'm glad you found us. I can definitely relate to the internet helping meeting like-minded people when it's harder to do IRL.

Thank you so much, Koops. All of you guys are making me feel welcome!

• Like 6

So is he back to being Santa Molaro for y'all? :icon_razz:

Kinda yeah :)  God episode 2 makes so much more sense to me now.  Has to be the tag in episode 1 cause Kerry is right, it did seem to end on a downer otherwise and they normally always throw in more of a punch scene or joke there instead.  I wonder if anyone will get to see that scene then at some point since they'll want an audience reaction on sound file for it.  I can't remember how they did it for the Nathan Fillion thing.  Does anyone remember if they just filmed that one out of context and just told the audience that's what it was?

• Like 2