[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

6 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No?

Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out differently than I describes.

Tonight's episode is about Valentine's Day. In the beginning, the boys are having lunch at the university cafeteria where they talks about their Valentine's Day plans. Leonard and Penny have reservations in a restaurant. Sheldon and Amy are doing a live episode of FWF. Howard and Bernie are trying their new hot tub. Raj says in a disappointing tone that he's gonna spend the night with Emily. Howards points out that if he's not happy with Emily, he should just break up with her.

Raj breaks up with Emily later and asks the girl from 914 for a date. The girl turns him down because she already has a boyfriend. Raj tries to take Emily back but obviously Emily says no. So Raj is very depressed of being single again.

Anyway on Valentine's Day, before the live episode begins, Sheldon says he has a surprise (or something like that) for Amy, since Amy has become an important part of the show, he added Amys name to the show's title. Amy is very excited at first, only to find out the revised title is "Dr. Sheldon Cooper and Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler presents, Dr. Sheldon Cooper's Fun With Flags" lol. (Then Amy said something, they did this twice with two different versions), the first version I can't quite remember... Sorry. But it should be something like "I should've known better" or "You'd think I should've learned by now". The second version is "That's catchy".

After they begin the live episode, Sheldon expresses his excitement for doing this. Amy says the episode is a Valentine's Day gift to the audience and Sheldon turns to Amy, saying something like it's also a gift for Amy because clearly he doesn't have anything else planned. Amy kind of rolls her eyes.

Then a member from the audience calles and it turns out to be Raj. Raj says he's very upset and lonely because of his break up with Emily. Sheldon points out that Raj should talk about things about flags. Then Kripke calls in and says he's lonely too. He makes some dirty jokes like he always does.

Amy begins to comfort Raj and Sheldon is very unhappy that they're off topic. He tries several times to bring the topic back to flags and fails. Amy says to Raj that she thinks it's good to have some time alone after a break up. Raj says that's strange because Amy dated a man very soon after she broke up with Sheldon. Sheldon adds that Amy dated not just one men, but three. Kripke breaks in and says something that I can't quite remember, but I believe it means "way to go girl" or something like that.

Amy gets uncomfortable with where the conversation is going and tries to cut Kripke off line but fails. When she finally succeeds, she suggests that they should find Raj a new girlfriend from the audience. Just as she begins to introduce Raj to the audience, Kripke calls in again and asks how many men Amy slept with. So he got cut off again.

In the tag scene, Amy is still comforting Raj and Sheldon is very angry because his show is ruined. Amy tells Sheldon that he should show some sympathy for Raj because Sheldon himself went through similar situation when they broke up. Sheldon says fine if you want to talk about it, I'll talk about it. He then says although he was heartbroken because of the break up, he did find their time apart necessary (or some other words), because he realized how imporatant Amy is to him. Now their relationship is stronger than ever. Then he got interupted by Lenny entering the apartment.

There should be a lot of mistakes in my TR... So please just read it for fun, and wait for other people's more accurate versions. Also sorry for my poor language.

Thank you, it sounds really funny (well, not the part where Raj breaks up with Emily, of course) even if, now that I read it,  I agree Amy is kind of  called for the break up a little too much than necessary. Anyway, Sheldon seems ok with all of it , he seems to poke fun of her "dates", so I'm fine with it too! I really hope you had a nice time over there, and you enjoyed the experience! Thanks for sharing with us, much appreciated!

• Like 3

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out differently than I describes.

Tonight's episode is about Valentine's Day. In the beginning, the boys are having lunch at the university cafeteria where they talks about their Valentine's Day plans. Leonard and Penny have reservations in a restaurant. Sheldon and Amy are doing a live episode of FWF. Howard and Bernie are trying their new hot tub. Raj says in a disappointing tone that he's gonna spend the night with Emily. Howards points out that if he's not happy with Emily, he should just break up with her.

Raj breaks up with Emily later and asks the girl from 914 for a date. The girl turns him down because she already has a boyfriend. Raj tries to take Emily back but obviously Emily says no. So Raj is very depressed of being single again.

Anyway on Valentine's Day, before the live episode begins, Sheldon says he has a surprise (or something like that) for Amy, since Amy has become an important part of the show, he added Amys name to the show's title. Amy is very excited at first, only to find out the revised title is "Dr. Sheldon Cooper and Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler presents, Dr. Sheldon Cooper's Fun With Flags" lol. (Then Amy said something, they did this twice with two different versions), the first version I can't quite remember... Sorry. But it should be something like "I should've known better" or "You'd think I should've learned by now". The second version is "That's catchy".

After they begin the live episode, Sheldon expresses his excitement for doing this. Amy says the episode is a Valentine's Day gift to the audience and Sheldon turns to Amy, saying something like it's also a gift for Amy because clearly he doesn't have anything else planned. Amy kind of rolls her eyes.

Then a member from the audience calles and it turns out to be Raj. Raj says he's very upset and lonely because of his break up with Emily. Sheldon points out that Raj should talk about things about flags. Then Kripke calls in and says he's lonely too. He makes some dirty jokes like he always does.

Amy begins to comfort Raj and Sheldon is very unhappy that they're off topic. He tries several times to bring the topic back to flags and fails. Amy says to Raj that she thinks it's good to have some time alone after a break up. Raj says that's strange because Amy dated a man very soon after she broke up with Sheldon. Sheldon adds that Amy dated not just one men, but three. Kripke breaks in and says something that I can't quite remember, but I believe it means "way to go girl" or something like that.

Amy gets uncomfortable with where the conversation is going and tries to cut Kripke off line but fails. When she finally succeeds, she suggests that they should find Raj a new girlfriend from the audience. Just as she begins to introduce Raj to the audience, Kripke calls in again and asks how many men Amy slept with. So he got cut off again.

In the tag scene, Amy is still comforting Raj and Sheldon is very angry because his show is ruined. Amy tells Sheldon that he should show some sympathy for Raj because Sheldon himself went through similar situation when they broke up. Sheldon says fine if you want to talk about it, I'll talk about it. He then says although he was heartbroken because of the break up, he did find their time apart necessary (or some other words), because he realized how imporatant Amy is to him. Now their relationship is stronger than ever. Then he got interupted by Lenny entering the apartment.

There should be a lot of mistakes in my TR... So please just read it for fun, and wait for other people's more accurate versions. Also sorry for my poor language.

thank you so much and your English is just fine!!!! :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 6

Short question regarding rings and their tradition in the US: Does the engagement ring become the wedding band? I assumed it would because that's our tradition, but of course that may be different in different cultures. :wink:

In the US you wear both, but you wear the band first then put the engagement ring on ..that way the band is closer to your heart! It becomes like a set though

I have both but it was a set so when I got back from my honeymoon, they got fused together (as how the design is set up after the wedding ). So technically I wear 2 but it's now 1. Some are separated. Just depends.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

(sigh) another breakup...i get that bases on what we saw this season that Raj and Emily were on shaky ground, but geez can we ever get a couple on this show to work it out without a breakup?? Lenny, Howardette, Shamy, and now Rajemily. Not bummed about it so much as a little drained by that theme this season lol...

Love the return of FWF even if it doesnt go as planned. And sorry Amy is still getting the fuzzy end of the lollipop regarding the breakup, Im sure the writers will move on from it soon. But yeah, Ive always been in the camp that lays the "blame" at her feet though Sheldon was an ass hat, and it really doesnt matter at this point since Sheldon clearly is healthy about it.

What I found interesting in the TR is that Sheldon reveals his heartache from the breakup to Amy...guess they didnt have an off camera "talk" after all....so maybe Meemaw's visit and the things revealed to Amy through that wasnt such a bad thing after all eh?

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Thank you, it sounds really funny (well, not the part where Raj breaks up with Emily, of course) even if, now that I read it,  I agree Amy is kind of  called for the break up a little too much than necessary. Anyway, Sheldon seems ok with all of it , he seems to poke fun of her "dates", so I'm fine with it too! I really hope you had a nice time over there, and you enjoyed the experience! Thanks for sharing with us, much appreciated!

Yes thank you so much for the TR . I agree sounds good, but hope now Shamy can move away from the break up chat a bit . 

59 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Thanks so much for this - your language is amazing !! :) 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, camelliayao said:

Thank you!!!

12 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I mean, was Sheldon going to say\do something "more" (wink, wink..)?

FwF and chill??? :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 8

Thank you for the report and your English was fine.   Three questions, is it okay if I either copy or link to this post your summary in the Production Journal?   And second, can you share the title of the episode with us?   We never did get the title.  And my third question is, as an audience member, did you get the feeling that Raj and Emily will eventually reunite or do you think that was the end of Emily?

• Like 3

Thank you so much for this. It sounds like you saw a fun episode. I can say that after watching this past week's episode the Rajily break up doesn't surprise me in the least and then after hearing him dreaming about another woman it really made sense.

I hope(as someone else said) they use the "that's catchy' phrase as well. Amy can't be upset about that. To me I think she would think it was romantic....or old Amy would have. Plus didn't he just name an asteroid after her? So as he put it: He can get out of Valentine's Day for years.

The pregnancy thing is weird but I guess we should have seen it coming with all the talk. They could easily hide if Melissa was pregnant in real life but I don't think they will have a baby on set all the time. I think it will be with her parents or a nanny.

I think it could also be fun if like they said when they had that original fight about kids, Howard as a stay at home dad. OR Raj as the nanny. Sheldon and Amy babysitting would be funny too.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Bernadette is Pregnant. Maybe Sheldon and Amy will babysit? 

Wait what? I think I missed something....did they announce Bernadette's pregnant in last night's taping?

Also Kazzie, just saw your picture on IG with "ShAmy" was that from last night's taping?

Edited by Flaky
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, kerrycec03 said:

Thanks for the info. Episode sounds great. I for one don't understand all this Amy needs to apologize for the break. She didnt date until she thought he was moving on. She didn't purposely break his heart and we saw her get crushed in aquarium as he did in spock. Long story short I do believe the Meemaw plot and this tag are having the open conversation we all wanted them to have without them having it.

They are clearly in love, themselves but stronger. And him saying he appreciates her!!! Love!

Shamy 2.0 with manly Sheldon in the driver seat SOLD!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they both owed each other an apology. Sheldon needed to recognize his behavior was horrible and contributed to the breakup, and an apology was warranted. And yes Amy owes one too for doing it. When you break up with someone, and she did, you have to know you are risking hurting someone. Has nothing to sonwith her dating after the fact, which she has a right to do. And the fact that she unconditionally wants to return to the relationship makes her break up and the angst that followed unnecessary if you just think about it (not suggesting the breakup wasnt needed for Sheldon to get a wake up call, just saying the status quo before the break up was something she was willing to return to).

If nothing else, how about expressing some regret and being sorry for hurting each other, or do couples no longer do this anymore?

That being said I agree with you that Shamy is stronger, this latest episode and the Meemaw one has kinda closed the "blame" plot, and we really dont need to continue holding Amy's feet to the coals for the breakup!

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Flaky said:

Wait what? I think I missed something....did they announce Bernadette's pregnant in last night's taping?

Also Kazzie, just saw your picture on IG with "ShAmy" was that from last night's taping?

When she is going with Howard to the ER (because a rabbit bit him), she says something like "I guess this is not the best moment to tell him I'm pregnant"

Funny/weird fact of this morning: I woke up with a little different spoiler. A friend of mine got confused and told me that Amy was pregnant, not Bernie. I got like this. 
a84ddf9c8e2be237985d882b46b30b77.jpg

Fortunatelly, it wasn't true.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, camelliayao said:

It comes over nice and clear, don't worry. Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2L344 said:

I think they both owed each other an apology. Sheldon needed to recognize his behavior was horrible and contributed to the breakup, and an apology was warranted. And yes Amy owes one too for doing it. When you break up with someone, and she did, you have to know you are risking hurting someone. Has nothing to sonwith her dating after the fact, which she has a right to do. And the fact that she unconditionally wants to return to the relationship makes her break up and the angst that followed unnecessary if you just think about it (not suggesting the breakup wasnt needed for Sheldon to get a wake up call, just saying the status quo before the break up was something she was willing to return to).

If nothing else, how about expressing some regret and being sorry for hurting each other, or do couples no longer do this anymore?

That being said I agree with you that Shamy is stronger, this latest episode and the Meemaw one has kinda closed the "blame" plot, and we really dont need to continue holding Amy's feet to the coals for the breakup!

I agree 100% with this.   What I don't understand, is they do seem to want to hold Amy's feet to the fire by continuously bringing up Sheldon's pain during the break up.   So, I too, would like to see an apology from her.    However, Amy seems not to be one to look back and regret her decisions just because it makes Sheldon feel bad.    Look at her in empathy.   She didn't feel one bit sorry for lying and staying in Detroit longer than she needed to.   I think it is the same with the break up.   Amy feels it was warranted, and she may regret that Sheldon got hurt, but I don't think she is sorry it happened because she felt justified given the circumstances.

A couple of things are bothering me about Amy.    Sheldon is quick to admit now that although he got hurt, the break up did him good.   He's happy to finally be acknowledging what he has denied himself for so long; that he loves Amy and needs her for more than just a friend.   With the exception of the Best Western Skype call, Amy just doesn't have that enthusiasm about her when Sheldon contacts her.   It's like she is bracing to have to deal with his next annoying thing.   I'd like to see her be more accepting and less critical of Sheldon's antics.   I want the Amy back that thought Sheldon's quirkiness was romantic instead of calling him out and rolling her eyes all the time.

I would like some more focus on Amy's imperfections and things she needs to work on instead of making it seem like Sheldon is the only one with issues that need improvement.

Kudos for Raj bringing up how quickly Amy was to embrace dating after the break up.   It seems Sheldon and Amy still have a lot of things to discuss and perhaps this will occur a little over time during the next few episodes.   I wouldn't be surprised if Sheldon is holding back on proposing because even though he realizes how much Amy means to him, he's still holding onto a bit of resentment over what happened.   Perhaps he needs Amy to express her feelings to him as he has to her.   An apology from Amy is not an admission that she did anything wrong, but it can go along way with helping with the healing process.   I think Sheldon is still healing.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, kazzie said:

Play back tonight. The line was "Who said I even want to be engaged to him and if I do I don't need your hand me downs!."

Perfect!  Thanks Kazzie!  I was hoping they would have gotten the editing done in time for you guys to see it!  

5 hours ago, camelliayao said:

Awwwwwwwww, they're showing some talking?  No way, I thought that ship had sailed!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I really have to disagree with the whole  -breakup-blame-apologies due-  discussion going on over the last few days. :no: 

Amy and Sheldon are both 50% to blame for the break up and they were both very hurt by it.

Amy doubted herself immediately after the breakup (in the kitchen talking to Bernadette) then later hesitated to change her FB relationship status, suggesting she didn't really want to admit that it was over.

If Sheldon had just left her alone for a while she might have tried to rectify things but Sheldon being Sheldon he didn't leave it alone. He pretty much stalked her in the first few episodes of S9 even though she told him that she was "exhausted" and having your ex put a video online about you (and your genitalia) would be both hurtful and humiliating.

After everything calms down a bit he skypes her, a call that she accepts despite his behaviour, and he asks her to be his room mate knowing full well that moving in together was something that she really wanted when they were together. That would definitely hurt and taunt her, a 'here is what you could have had' scenario.

Then the first time they see each other face to face since their big fight and break up he drunkenly tells her that he's been hitting on women like it is no big deal (the guy who never ever wanted a girlfriend is casually hitting on women!) and responds to her compliment of "you look good" with "and I taste good too!" - doesn't return the compliment and runs off up the stairs. She is crushed. She moves on to date other people.

We saw much more of Heartbroken Sheldon_TM  but we saw plenty of Amy's suffering too.

To recap the above She:

• Was anxious that she had made the wrong decision
  • Hesitated to publicly declare it was over (Facebook and telling her Mom)
  • Endured an online personal attack via FWF and him not leaving her alone
  • Had living together dangled in front of her face
  • Sees him in the stairwell and finds out that he has moved on, casually moved on at that!

Amy had options, she had been taken out on 'proper' dates by other men but one Aquarium trip with Sheldon on his best behaviour and she realised that she was being "silly" - she didn't communicate that she wanted to try again very well, but that conversation was important cus it put the idea in his head that there was still something there to be salvaged. 

Sheldon put Amy through a lot and she had every right to break up with him, she doesn't owe him an apology for that.

Sheldon suffered through the breakup and 'paid his dues' for treating her the way he did, he is now treating her a lot better and doesn't need to apologise for the past.

They both screwed up, they both suffered and they are both

maybe that's just me *shrugs*

yes yes and yes.

I never wanted to blame anyone for the break up. They were both hurt and they both screwed up. It all seems good now and if they have a small talk about it so be it but I don't want it to drag out.

Thank you for putting this into words.

15 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Kudos for Raj bringing up how quickly Amy was to embrace dating after the break up.   It seems Sheldon and Amy still have a lot of things to discuss and perhaps this will occur a little over time during the next few episodes.   I wouldn't be surprised if Sheldon is holding back on proposing because even though he realizes how much Amy means to him, he's still holding onto a bit of resentment over what happened.   Perhaps he needs Amy to express her feelings to him as he has to her.   An apology from Amy is not an admission that she did anything wrong, but it can go along way with helping with the healing process.   I think Sheldon is still healing.

See I don't think Amy dated right away. We didn't see her thinking about dating until episode 5. I think there was the time jump here. And it was right after Sheldon told her so casually that he had asked two girls out.

She had turned down two guys in that episode. We don't know how much time there was between episode 5 and 6. Then she had gone out to coffee with a couple of guys. I think she was hurt that she thought Sheldon had moved on(And as it was said....casually told her) and decided maybe she should as well.

I don't think she dated first or right away. There was most definitely a time jump somewhere between episode 1 and 6.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, camelliayao said:

Thank you so much for all the info, and your language is great!  :-)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stardustmelody said:

Thank you for the report and your English was fine.   Three questions, is it okay if I either copy or link to this post your summary in the Production Journal?   And second, can you share the title of the episode with us?   We never did get the title.  And my third question is, as an audience member, did you get the feeling that Raj and Emily will eventually reunite or do you think that was the end of Emily?

You can paste it elsewhere if you want but like I said, I may have misunderstood a lot of the information, so don't believe everything I said lol. The title is called "The Valentino Submergence". Valentino is the name Howard and Bernie give to the rabbit.

As for the Raj/Emily break up, they play it out in more of a funny way and it's really quick, so it's hard to tell. But I guess since Laura Spencer is a regular this season, she will appear again?

• Like 8

7 hours ago, kazzie said:

Play back tonight. The line was "Who said I even want to be engaged to him and if I do I don't need your hand me downs!."

why on earth would she say that?!? (did this stab anyone else in the heart?)

oh and I'm a little confused - does she say this when Sheldon's in the room and does Meemaw spill about the ring while Sheldon is in the room? 

and thank you so much for your taping report!!

• Like 4

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic