Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, bluebird said:

(...)

- It seems like the writers are really spelling it out to the audience that this break up was necessary in order to Sheldon and their relationship to grow. We've now heard more than once how their relationship is stronger and better than ever. That's awesome of course, so thrilled about it, but maybe we could finally move on from it? Also this made me think that they didn't have that big talk off screen.. well the main thing is that they are happy and in love, that's all that matters in the end!

 

That was exactly what I thought after reading the TR. Okay, it is good to know, to heard Sheldon said it, but now with 2 or 3 episodes about this topic let's talk about their future, writers, please.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does sound like they're still giving Amy a hard time about the breakup :( I really hope they move on from this topic because I'd rather they focus on how much improved and in love they are! And yes, I could do without Amy's eye-rolling and "tolerating" Sheldon!! I want them to put the breakup behind them and start hinting more toward Shamy's happy future! 

and whyyyy that "who said I even want to be engaged to him?" line?!?! am I reading too into this???

but thank you! thank you! thank you! to all of those who gave taping info!! :) 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

 

and whyyyy that "who said I even want to be engaged to him?" line?!?! am I reading too into this???

but thank you! thank you! thank you! to all of those who gave taping info!! :) 

I think we all may be reading more into it because if I recall at the end of the episode she says something along the lines of so you have this ring? Because wasn't that when he told her to cool her jets?  So she wants it but she may have been mad because Meemaw seems to hate her.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, camelliayao said:

If I remembered correctly, they took away the "and you never cared enough to ask" line from 914, which made me very happy. Or maybe I just misheard...

Tonight's episode is overall quite funny. Sheldon's lines in the tag scene is very touching. It's amazing that he would find the break up necessary (or something like that, they only played the tag scene for one time) after all the horrible things he's been through. And he finds their relationship is stronger because of the break up. He tells Amy in person that he understands now how important Amy is to him. That's also impressive.

What I don't like about tonight's episode is that first, obviously the writers blame Amy for the break up because they keep bringing it up... Secondly, what's weird is that they never made Amy apologize to Sheldon. Especially in tonight's tag scene, when Sheldon admits that he was heartbroken because of the break up, I think any normal girlfriend would feel guilty and say something like " I didn't mean to break your heart, I'm sorry", but no. Amy never officially apologizes to Sheldon. 

Oh I would love that...I really didn't like that little line, it just seemed one step too far, especially in front of Meemaw.

@kazzie and @hazelra7, since you guys got to see the Meemaw episode too, how did you feel about everything else we've talked about since last week?  Does it seem like we recalled most things right?  Anything play out really differently than you expected seeing it all edited together?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

why on earth would she say that?!? (did this stab anyone else in the heart?)

oh and I'm a little confused - does she say this when Sheldon's in the room and does Meemaw spill about the ring while Sheldon is in the room? 

and thank you so much for your taping report!!

It stabbed my heart too :( 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jenafan said:

I agree 100% with this.   What I don't understand, is they do seem to want to hold Amy's feet to the fire by continuously bringing up Sheldon's pain during the break up.   So, I too, would like to see an apology from her.    However, Amy seems not to be one to look back and regret her decisions just because it makes Sheldon feel bad.    Look at her in empathy.   She didn't feel one bit sorry for lying and staying in Detroit longer than she needed to.   I think it is the same with the break up.   Amy feels it was warranted, and she may regret that Sheldon got hurt, but I don't think she is sorry it happened because she felt justified given the circumstances.

A couple of things are bothering me about Amy.    Sheldon is quick to admit now that although he got hurt, the break up did him good.   He's happy to finally be acknowledging what he has denied himself for so long; that he loves Amy and needs her for more than just a friend.   With the exception of the Best Western Skype call, Amy just doesn't have that enthusiasm about her when Sheldon contacts her.   It's like she is bracing to have to deal with his next annoying thing.   I'd like to see her be more accepting and less critical of Sheldon's antics.   I want the Amy back that thought Sheldon's quirkiness was romantic instead of calling him out and rolling her eyes all the time.

I would like some more focus on Amy's imperfections and things she needs to work on instead of making it seem like Sheldon is the only one with issues that need improvement.

Kudos for Raj bringing up how quickly Amy was to embrace dating after the break up.   It seems Sheldon and Amy still have a lot of things to discuss and perhaps this will occur a little over time during the next few episodes.   I wouldn't be surprised if Sheldon is holding back on proposing because even though he realizes how much Amy means to him, he's still holding onto a bit of resentment over what happened.   Perhaps he needs Amy to express her feelings to him as he has to her.   An apology from Amy is not an admission that she did anything wrong, but it can go along way with helping with the healing process.   I think Sheldon is still healing.

I know...it has been five episodes post reconciliation and Sheldon has grown by leaps and bounds and is still making efforts, but the writers are slowly destroying Amy from the inside out, which I cannot stand.  Amy shows empathy for everyone but Sheldon.  I realize Amy is trying not to coddle or enable Sheldon, but still they don't have to make Amy be so self righteous.  They haven't shown her come home from her conference even when Sheldon was feeling better and she fights with Mee-Maw.  Mee-Maw's reluctance to accept Amy even post fight.  They also keep hinting that she lies (staying at the conference, knowing the meaning behind the Moonpie nickname, getting uncomfortable during FWF).  Why are the writers creating more tension?  Why can't they just keep Shamy in the background working on their relationship together?

Why can Sheldon can offer an onscreen sincere apology to Emily, but Amy and Sheldon cannot offer sincere apologies to each other?  If Raj is breaking up with Emily, but Laura Spencer has been made a series regular? Why are the writers were so anxious to tie up all the loose ends of coitus and Mee-Maw, but not the proposal? I am extremely fearful of the remainder of the season.  The FWF episode is leaving a bad taste in my mouth that they are going to pull a "Leonard cheated" surprise with Amy.  I keep trying to hold out hope that they will reverse course for Amy and humble her in some way, to get Amy and Sheldon on the same page, but every taping report seems worse and worse.  I wish the writers would quit destroying this couple.   

Edited by Touche
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jlove said:

Yes to both questions.  It didn't bother me so much in the end because

a) she was mad...people say a lot of things when they are mad

b ) later, when Amy asks about having Meemaw's blessing she rubs Sheldon's shoulder and smiles at him suggestively and he KNOWS she's thinking about engagement (hence his comment), so I doubt he'll be worried about whether or not she would say yes

Ah of course you're right - thanks makes me feel better !!. Phew :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Touche said:

I know...it has been five episodes post reconciliation and Sheldon has grown by leaps and bounds and is still making efforts, but the writers are slowly destroying Amy from the inside out, which I cannot stand.  Amy shows empathy for everyone but Sheldon.  I realize Amy is trying not to coddle or enable Sheldon, but still they don't have to make Amy be so self righteous.  They haven't shown her come home from her conference even when Sheldon was feeling better and she fights with Mee-Maw.  Mee-Maw's reluctance to accept Amy even post fight.  They also keep hinting that she lies (staying at the conference, knowing the meaning behind the Moonpie nickname, getting uncomfortable during FWF).  Why are the writers creating more tension?  Why can't they just keep Shamy in the background working on their relationship together?

Why can Sheldon can offer an onscreen sincere apology to Emily, but Amy and Sheldon cannot offer sincere apologies to each other?  If Raj is breaking up with Emily, but Laura Spencer has been made a series regular? Why are the writers were so anxious to tie up all the loose ends of coitus and Mee-Maw, but not the proposal? I am extremely fearful of the remainder of the season.  The FWF episode is leaving a bad taste in my mouth that they are going to pull a "Leonard cheated" surprise with Amy.  In fact, the whole thing was about Sheldon losing his virginity, but not once have they confirmed that Amy was a virgin too.  I keep trying to hold out hope that they will reverse course for Amy and humble her in some way, to get Amy and Sheldon on the same page, but every taping report seems worse and worse.  I wish the writers would quit destroying this couple.   

You mean apart from the conversation with Bernadette in 9x10 when they explicitly state that Amy has never been intimate with a man? 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I really have to disagree with the whole  -breakup-blame-apologies due-  discussion going on over the last few days. :no: 

Amy and Sheldon are both 50% to blame for the break up and they were both very hurt by it.

Amy doubted herself immediately after the breakup (in the kitchen talking to Bernadette) then later hesitated to change her FB relationship status, suggesting she didn't really want to admit that it was over.

If Sheldon had just left her alone for a while she might have tried to rectify things but Sheldon being Sheldon he didn't leave it alone. He pretty much stalked her in the first few episodes of S9 even though she told him that she was "exhausted" and having your ex put a video online about you (and your genitalia) would be both hurtful and humiliating.

After everything calms down a bit he skypes her, a call that she accepts despite his behaviour, and he asks her to be his room mate knowing full well that moving in together was something that she really wanted when they were together. That would definitely hurt and taunt her, a 'here is what you could have had' scenario.

Then the first time they see each other face to face since their big fight and break up he drunkenly tells her that he's been hitting on women like it is no big deal (the guy who never ever wanted a girlfriend is casually hitting on women!) and responds to her compliment of "you look good" with "and I taste good too!" - doesn't return the compliment and runs off up the stairs. She is crushed. She moves on to date other people.

We saw much more of Heartbroken Sheldon_TM  but we saw plenty of Amy's suffering too.

To recap the above She:

  • Was anxious that she had made the wrong decision
  • Hesitated to publicly declare it was over (Facebook and telling her Mom)
  • Endured an online personal attack via FWF and him not leaving her alone
  • Had living together dangled in front of her face
  • Sees him in the stairwell and finds out that he has moved on, casually moved on at that!

Amy had options, she had been taken out on 'proper' dates by other men but one Aquarium trip with Sheldon on his best behaviour and she realised that she was being "silly" - she didn't communicate that she wanted to try again very well, but that conversation was important cus it put the idea in his head that there was still something there to be salvaged. 

Sheldon put Amy through a lot and she had every right to break up with him, she doesn't owe him an apology for that.

Sheldon suffered through the breakup and 'paid his dues' for treating her the way he did, he is now treating her a lot better and doesn't need to apologise for the past.

They both screwed up, they both suffered and they are both happy now I just don't see how brining up all the pain and hurt that they went through could be productive at all but maybe that's just me *shrugs*

I agree with a lot of this, and though I have been on that end of the convos that ultimately lays blame on the breakup at Amy's feet I also acknowledge Sheldon played his role in it as well. I really don't care if an apology is ever shown frankly, but if the discussion is about whether they each owe one another an " I'm sorry for the hurt I caused you" then I'm all in. I see no reason why two people who love one another shouldnt express regret at the hurt they caused each other, whether deliberately or not. It's not about conjuring up pain or reliving the break up--it's about acknowledging regret, forgiveness, assurances to do better, and happily moving on with what's in store for the future.

thats how I see it anyway! :)

 

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

why on earth would she say that?!? (did this stab anyone else in the heart?)

oh and I'm a little confused - does she say this when Sheldon's in the room and does Meemaw spill about the ring while Sheldon is in the room? 

and thank you so much for your taping report!!

Thanks so much for the report to those who went! :)

Yeah, this also stabbed me in the heart, and I'm surprised no one has mentioned it. I know it will probably play out as less harsh and Amy was just mad, but wow, if Amy wanted to prove to Meemaw that she's the perfect woman for Sheldon, is saying that she isn't sure she wants to be married to Sheldon after he was devastated to be broken up with right before proposing the best thing to say? I find this extremely OOC and pretty cruel, especially if Sheldon is standing right there. Like damn, he gets his heart broken and watches her kiss another guy, hits rock bottom, realizes what she means to him, lays his heart out, and then gives himself completely to her, doing something he's been spending years trying to work towards for her, just because she means that much to him and he loves her that much, and Amy says "who said I even wanna be engaged to him?"

Like I said, I'm sure she was just angry and clearly very inexperienced with dealing with inlaws (especially the very protective kind like Meemaw) AND Meemaw was saying some harsh things herself, but I just find this comment extremely strange and kind of distasteful. It's like throughout this scene Amy is saying she could up and leave Sheldon anytime she wants to, which is pretty much exactly what Meemaw is accusing her of, and the exact opposite of what Meemaw needed to hear.

As for this episode, I'm completely in love with Sheldon taking the time at the end to tell Amy that he was devastated by the breakup, but it ended up being good for him, and it made them stronger. :wub::wub::wub: I love how mature and thoughtful our Sheldon is becoming, not just with Amy, just with everyone BECAUSE of Amy. I'm just continually a little put off by Amy's behavior. I don't know. It just seems like Sheldon is trying more than we've ever seen him, making emotional progress that would have been unthinkable even a year ago, and being more selfless than he's ever been, and all of his efforts are going completely unappreciated by Amy. For the first time, I'm hoping Amy will step her game up instead of Sheldon, because he totally has.

Going into this breakup, I had my hopes set that not just Sheldon but AMY would grow and become a better companion. I found the idea of Amy developing and growing as a character right along with Sheldon, whose character development has been stellar, way more interesting than if Amy were portrayed as this saint who's done everything perfectly. And the Thanksgiving episode did this perfectly for me. Koops (and I think Wowbagger) wrote a post on this episode that was beautiful and sums up my thoughts. But Amy wanting Sheldon back unconditionally and then ultimately getting a huge reality check by his rejection was all I needed to be assured that Amy had grown throughout this breakup.

But a few little bits here and there -- rolling her eyes, not being sorry for lying about being in Detroit, getting annoyed by Sheldon initially choosing SW over her birthday, and now saying "who said I want to be engaged to him" and being so flippant over his feelings in general is just slightly rubbing me the wrong way. I just want to see Shamy completely enamored with each other again. Sheldon is currently carrying his weight. I don't want to see Amy constantly annoyed with him, because at this point, seeing at how Sheldon continues to be more thoughtful and selfless, it's getting harder to defend her.

HOWEVER! I'm a big preacher that everything plays out completely different on screen. I've been saying this for years, haha. I mean, Sheldon IS still annoying most of the time. He still can be a major ass, and I wouldn't expect anything differently. But I just want Amy to go back to being the girlfriend that's able to recognize and appreciate the things he does for her, even if they're small or strange or it took him time to get there.

I'd love to hear other people's thoughts on this engagement line. :)

 

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ranger Rosa said:

When she is going with Howard to the ER (because a rabbit bit him), she says something like "I guess this is not the best moment to tell him I'm pregnant"

Funny/weird fact of this morning: I woke up with a little different spoiler. A friend of mine got confused and told me that Amy was pregnant, not Bernie. I got like this. 
a84ddf9c8e2be237985d882b46b30b77.jpg

Fortunatelly, it wasn't true.

LOL! Your gifs always crack me up!  Thanks for the info (and the laugh)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jenafan said:

I agree 100% with this.   What I don't understand, is they do seem to want to hold Amy's feet to the fire by continuously bringing up Sheldon's pain during the break up.   So, I too, would like to see an apology from her.    However, Amy seems not to be one to look back and regret her decisions just because it makes Sheldon feel bad.    Look at her in empathy.   She didn't feel one bit sorry for lying and staying in Detroit longer than she needed to.   I think it is the same with the break up.   Amy feels it was warranted, and she may regret that Sheldon got hurt, but I don't think she is sorry it happened because she felt justified given the circumstances.

A couple of things are bothering me about Amy.    Sheldon is quick to admit now that although he got hurt, the break up did him good.   He's happy to finally be acknowledging what he has denied himself for so long; that he loves Amy and needs her for more than just a friend.   With the exception of the Best Western Skype call, Amy just doesn't have that enthusiasm about her when Sheldon contacts her.   It's like she is bracing to have to deal with his next annoying thing.   I'd like to see her be more accepting and less critical of Sheldon's antics.   I want the Amy back that thought Sheldon's quirkiness was romantic instead of calling him out and rolling her eyes all the time.

I would like some more focus on Amy's imperfections and things she needs to work on instead of making it seem like Sheldon is the only one with issues that need improvement.

Kudos for Raj bringing up how quickly Amy was to embrace dating after the break up.   It seems Sheldon and Amy still have a lot of things to discuss and perhaps this will occur a little over time during the next few episodes.   I wouldn't be surprised if Sheldon is holding back on proposing because even though he realizes how much Amy means to him, he's still holding onto a bit of resentment over what happened.   Perhaps he needs Amy to express her feelings to him as he has to her.   An apology from Amy is not an admission that she did anything wrong, but it can go along way with helping with the healing process.   I think Sheldon is still healing.

Absolutely. Hey, I'm just as glad as the next shipper with the reconciliation, the growth that Sheldon continues to show, and the general happiness shown by both of them since the kiss and sex. I thought they each learned lessons in this and are now gonna move forward in a whole new light. No, I don't expect Sheldon to be completely re-born and he will still have work to put in. I think he's trying. I would like Amy to remember her " silliness" and remember she DID return to the status quo on her own, which means accepting the old Sheldon that caused her to break up to begin with. Amy needs to drop some of the attitude ( if future episodes play that way) and acknowledge she has a better Sheldon as a result of this break up and roll with some of the absurd things that Sheldon is going to do from time to time as he continues to navigate this new world they are in.

I am with you on wishing the old Amy back. The one who thought Sheldon's performance on FWF impeccable when compared to the wooden performance of Wheaton. The Amy that was proud of her man, not the one who was continuously embarrassed or flabbergasted by him last season. 

I told another poster that at this point I don't care if we ever see an " I'm sorry" from Amy, but she does owe him one. And not because she regrets breaking up with Sheldon ( though I've said before, from Amy's prospective she ended the relationship hastily since she was willing to return to the status quo with zero conditions), but because the break up caused pain to him. Hell, now that she knows a ring was involved and that she now understands that Sheldon in his own way valued and was committed to the relationship, how about some empathy and regret based on this new info? 

Again, I don't care if we see it on screen. But I do nonetheless, in talking about this plot and these characters as if they were real people, argue that Amy would be wrong if she thinks regret and being sorry is unwarranted....

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, vonmar said:

So excited that the cast is going do a panel at Paleyfest this year.  Hopefully we'll get some more great Shamy stories and gossip out of the event. :danced: 

 

15 hours ago, vonmar said:

Wednesday, March 16: The Big Bang Theory (7:30 pm)  Pacific Time

 

Are there any plans for a Shamy-shipper group meet-up for Paleyfest? Maybe even catch a TBBT taping? (hint...hint...)  I would love to go to something like this, especially with other Shamy shippers from the thread.  Anyone game?

Edited by Flaky
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

You mean apart from the conversation with Bernadette in 9x10 when they explicitly state that Amy has never been intimate with a man? 

...and apart from the fact that Sheldon asked her how many sexual encounters she's had on their 2nd (I call it 2nd date) date and she mentioned NOTHING of a man but something about stimulating the pleasure centers of the brain with a machine or something? Hahaha.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.