• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

Just stumbled across this old article: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/tv/la-et-st-big-bang-discuss-future-season-6-20130606-story.html

There are those who think she could do better.

Bialik: She thinks the sun rises and sets on this brilliant man.

Parsons: And she's right.

Helberg: They do share their love for Sheldon.

<- Loved this little bit of interaction in it :)

HATED the part where Molaro talks  :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 9

Another good nonromatic moment was Amy and Bernadette making the Death Star cake to celebrate Star Wars day.

Amy acknowledged Professor Proton's death was harder on Sheldon than he was willing to admit.  Making the cake was an attempt to cheer Sheldon up because it combined two of Sheldon's interests, Star Wars and destroying the planet at the push of a button.  Sheldon seemed genuinely happy when they brought it in although the scene cuts quickly after.  

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Maddie said:

5. Similarly, we get confirmation that Sheldon developed feelings for Amy before she developed feelings for him. This can be debated, I don't think we got a clear indication that she had feelings for him until Herb Garden and Agreement Dissection. Furthermore, at the end of Alien Parasite, she didn't feel anything when she grabbed Sheldon's hand. I love this. Sheldon might have taken a lot longer to come to terms with his feelings than did Amy, but he developed romantic feelings for her almost instantly.

Yes ! I agree with all your post, but I quote this because I think he had feeling for her first, too ! Even if he didn't catch it himself at these moment or deny it.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I love The Closure Alternative.

Amy's quick glance, at Sheldon's groin, before she says "Yeah, sounds like a drag" is hilarious. :laugh: 

omg that's one of my fav Amy moments EVER!
Mayim is so amazing there isn't she?

19 hours ago, mirs1 said:

You know, I've watched the FwF part of that episode countless times, even before the break up officially ended. It always makes me crack! so funny...Maybe I don't like the outcome of that episode,  him not leaving her time alone made things worse, but that part was comedy gold!

IKR, me too! maybe i'm a perv, but hearing him speak about southern borders always makes me happy! and 'thankfully all of the things my girlfriend used to do i can take care of with my right hand' priceless!!

16 hours ago, jenafan said:

If Sheldon proposes to her during or after coitus, I will die.

i def dont think that's gonna happen : ( , but i would die from happiness as well!
Btw there's a fic where he did that i think... I don't remember who wrote it, but i remember i wanted to just hug the writer lol!

19 hours ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

- "WE BOTH KNOW THAT'S YOUR KOALA FACE!" 

i kinda wish they'd bring up his koala face again, it was so adorable!
i mean they brought up tiara in multiple episodes, why not koala face lol

Edited by brilliantfool
  • Like 6

49 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

i def dont think that's gonna happen : ( , but i would die from happiness as well!
Btw there's a fic where he did that i think... I don't remember who wrote it, but i remember i wanted to just hug the writer lol!

I had to laugh because you quoted me here, and I wrote it.   Don't know if anyone else did or not, but I'll accept your hug, nonetheless.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I had to laugh because you quoted me here, and I wrote it.   Don't know if anyone else did or not, but I'll accept your hug, nonetheless.  

hahaha that is funny!! 

I don't remember the name, but i remember it started with Sheldon writing Amy a letter after 8x24 explaining the reasons for mentioning the Flash ( i think) - is it your fic??

If it's not pls link me to yours!  

47 minutes ago, shamour said:

Great minds think alike;-) I also wrote something concerning this topic, perhaps you like it, too:-)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11271511/1/The-Letter

And kelli also wrote something with a letter if I remember correectly, she did a couple of stories after 8x24...

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5651719/kelli-k

I wrote a letter, too.   Sheldon apologized to Amy.    It's is funny how we all think alike.    Thanks for including links to the other stories I have yet to read.

55 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

hahaha that is funny!! 

I don't remember the name, but i remember it started with Sheldon writing Amy a letter after 8x24 explaining the reasons for mentioning the Flash ( i think) - is it your fic??

If it's not pls link me to yours!  

No, that is not my story, but now I am interested in reading the other author.

Mine is below, and you may have already read it.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11512549/1/The-Discussion-Resurgence

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shamyfan95 said:

Hi!  My name is Letti and I'm new here. I love Shamy very much. And I'm glad to be a part of this fandom. :)

Welcome aboard Letti! Glad you joined our merry band of Shamy shippers.  Looking forward to your posts!  :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 2

Here is my (bound to be) very unpopular opinion.  Let me preface by saying that I am a Shamy fan.  I had always thought Sheldon and Amy were two pieces of a puzzle.  They clicked.  They understood each other when others didn't. 

I think that Sheldon and Amy needed this break, to make clear to themselves what they really desire and to hopefully start fresh with each other in a way. I don't put blame on the break solely on one party or another, they both had issues they needed to think about and work on.

But I hate how everyone seems to "hate" Sheldon.  He's the annoying child that everyone has to put up with.  And that includes Amy.  It used to not include Amy, but clearly she is one of the cool kids now, and she is firmly in their camp.  His friends find him tiresome and annoying.  They do everything to avoid hanging out with him.  During the break up, everyone put the blame solely on him.  All his friends basically told him "well Amy deserves to be happy, and you just made her miserable".  Amy didn't seem all that sad, just annoyed with Sheldon pestering her throughout their breakup.  To me, it feels Amy was like, let me check if the grass is really greener on the other side. (yes...I've heard all the arguments about Sheldon trying to date first...frankly him asking two ladies out while drunk and extremely half assedly doesn't hold water to me). 

Who knows what Amy was thinking.  Her story wasn't told.  But to say "I'm ready to be your girlfriend again?"  Ugh.  Just so much ugh.  Like he was just sitting by the phone waiting for her.  It feels like she was allowing him the honor of dating her again.  I'm glad he said no.  It would have made him look utterly pathetic, and hopefully gave her something to think about.  Like do you REALLY want to be with me (warts and all), or just want to be with me because it's better than being alone and you miss my companionship.

I liked how doe eyed they were when Amy was first away on her conference.  They sounded so cute and in love.  I thought, perhaps they talked things through.  But the next episode, it felt like we fell back to long suffering Amy.  While I did like that she helped Sheldon learn to be empathetic and apologize with meaning.  She looked bored, like the long suffering Amy we are used to, that has to deal with her "annoying boyfriend" and teach him how act like a proper person.  Frankly I preferred it when she also lacked social skills when talking to the group (but it made sense to Sheldon). That Amy was funnier to me, and seemed a lot more in tune with Sheldon.  The fact that she stayed away longer simply to avoid him while sick was quite sad to me.  I understand he's irritating when sick, but you would think she'd want to seeing that they just got back together.

Then to the Meemaw episode.  "I'm the best chance he's got?"  This line also pissed me off.  If I was his meemaw I'd say something like "Well let's see about that missy" Is Sheldon so useless that only Miss Amy can put up with his terrible self?  I think @ATOB mentioned something similar.

I feel bad for Sheldon.  I know that he's a difficult person, but it feels like all his friends can't stand him, and his girlfriend also puts up with him.  I thought deep down they all truly cared about each other.  I still feel Leonard cares more about him that probably anyone else, including Amy.

I have my fingers crossed for these two.   I'm not as excited about their reconciliation as I thought I would be.  Mainly for the above reasons.

One last point.  I like how Sheldon was written in earlier seasons better.  He was a lot more clever, and a lot less childlike.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Radar said:

Strange - I always had the feeling that Amy got a lot more of the blame, that she is always the one being picked on for the way she treats Sheldon and Sheldon can do whatever he wants - he is forgiven. Even Emily fell for his charm: "I know he is a jerk, but I feel bad for him." 
Hhmm - the eye of the beholder... :icon_cheesygrin:

Whatever, here's what I think:

Just my thoughts.

As for the meemaw episode - as I said before, I'm biased and it is really a soft spot for me. Might be different in different cultures, but in my opinion Meemaw has no right to tell both of them what to do, to meddle in. They are both grown-ups, it's their decision. If anyone has the right to give Amy a telling-off because of the break-up, it is Sheldon! He doesn't need his mummy or his meemaw to do it for him. He is a grown man and can do this himself - if he wants to. :wink:

As for being his best shot - well, I'm not a native speaker, and I havn't seen the episode yet, but when I read it I thought: Yes, she is. And he is hers. They are a perfect match. That's how I understood that, so it didn't bother me at all. Again - the eye (or ear) of the beholder. :icon_cheesygrin:

So all in all as far as I'm concerned I am really happy with the reconciliation and the way their relationship develops. Is everything perfect? No. But to be honest that would be pretty boring.:icon_cheesygrin:

Truly the eye of the beholder.  I see things a bit differently.  From the fight, to the breakup to the aftermath of the break up, all I've seen is everything is 100% blame on Sheldon.  And not to let Sheldon off, he had behaved like an ass in many instances throughout this whole process.  The friends all seemed basically reaffirm that Sheldon was a bad boyfriend.  Nobody said to Amy that she perhaps had some issues too.  No, she was perfectly fine.  She should get out and date, and find someone better and she would be happy.  That's how I took it.  But we all see things a bit differently don't we?

My main issue is a recurring theme on the show, that Sheldon is an ass, and everyone is a saint for putting up with him.  This is what makes me feel bad.  It's not Amy specific.  I hoped that Amy would be the exception but I feel I group her with everyone else now.

I think that Amy should be able to speak freely to him without worry.  I also agree with you that Meemaw will have her opinions, but it's ultimately what Sheldon and Amy think that matters in their relationship.

I guess that "I'm his best shot" line really rubbed me the wrong way.  I don't think I took it out of context.  I just feel that is a really pompous thing to say.  I do find it fascinating how we can all interpret one line so differently.

39 minutes ago, April said:

I apologise in advance for being a bit bitchy but, man, you guys really have a talent to bring down the mood! (also, looking at the general discussion thread that is circling around much of the same topics we've been discussing here for ages...) And just to get that out of the way: I don't mind people voicing their concerns and different takes on scenes/dialogue. It makes for a good discussion and I surely have my own gripes with the show even though my posts probably come across as "Everything is hunky-dory!" most of the time.

However, I'm growing tired of this "They never showed Amy's side of the story! Nothing! Nada!!" meme that's going around as if that's an established fact and Amy weren't in the show in every episode keeping us updated on what she's doing or how she's feeling about the breakup. Also, lucky Mayim, apparently got her first award for doing... nothing?? How nice! -- Alright alright, I admit I exaggerate a bit here but the way some people talk about Amy one could think she wasn't in those episodes at all or just background decoration. Did we watch the same season? Apparently not, cause I saw plenty of her telling and showing us how she felt during all this, and yes, also being a bit adrift and unsure what to do and making mistakes in the process. But for me that doesn't take anything away from her motives and the emotions she went through. And I also can't shake the feeling that she's judged way too harsh at times. Especially when there's one or two lines of dialogue from a TR completely ripped from its context and people will write long essays about how that one line shows that she's a terrible person/girlfriend/etc. or whatever - even though there's a specific context to the whole scene that aims to make a specific point.

Sorry for venting. I'll go and have a hot beverage. The next episode/TR can't come soon enough.

Well perhaps I kept quiet, during the long epic discussions on this topic previously.  I was attempting to go spoiler free at that point (that ship has sailed lol).  I'm not trying to be a Negative Nellie either, I just wanted to give my take on the situation.  I never said Amy was a terrible person because of one or two lines of dialogue.  What's missing for me, is her saying with words why she does love Sheldon. They are both human with faults.  I like Shamy and ultimately want them to be happy.  I AM happy they are back together.  Maybe I'm not in the majority, but I LIKE reading peoples different views on this couple.  I often don't agree with everything I read on here, but it's interesting to see everyone's takes. 

Well sorry for being a "buzzkill".  I knew there was a reason I don't post that often.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, April said:

I apologise in advance for being a bit bitchy but, man, you guys really have a talent to bring down the mood! (also, looking at the general discussion thread that is circling around much of the same topics we've been discussing here for ages...) And just to get that out of the way: I don't mind people voicing their concerns and different takes on scenes/dialogue. It makes for a good discussion and I surely have my own gripes with the show even though my posts probably come across as "Everything is hunky-dory!" most of the time.

However, I'm growing tired of this "They never showed Amy's side of the story! Nothing! Nada!!" meme that's going around as if that's an established fact and Amy weren't in the show in every episode keeping us updated on what she's doing or how she's feeling about the breakup. Also, lucky Mayim, apparently got her first award for doing... nothing?? How nice! -- Alright alright, I admit I exaggerate a bit here but the way some people talk about Amy one could think she wasn't in those episodes at all or just background decoration. Did we watch the same season? Apparently not, cause I saw plenty of her telling and showing us how she felt during all this, and yes, also being a bit adrift and unsure what to do and making mistakes in the process. But for me that doesn't take anything away from her motives and the emotions she went through. And I also can't shake the feeling that she's judged way too harsh at times. Especially when there's one or two lines of dialogue from a TR completely ripped from its context and people will write long essays about how that one line shows that she's a terrible person/girlfriend/etc. or whatever - even though there's a specific context to the whole scene that aims to make a specific point.

Sorry for venting. I'll go and have a hot beverage. The next episode/TR can't come soon enough.

Yes, yes and Yes.  Did I say yes?  Thank you, April for a wonderful post.  I have been lurking here for the last couple of days because I couldn't stand how bitchy you Shamy shippers have become about the reconciliation, about Amy.  Like April, I wonder if some of you are watching the same show.  Sure, we can all have our opinions and gripes but really.... Your gripes seem to range from we haven't seen Amy's side or she has gone back to being somber Amy-- wtf?  I always felt her side was there, even from previous seasons (especially 8  -- imo, things were not hunky dory then). Or you are ripping taping reports apart, picking on lines that were written (but you haven't seen them acted out or listened to how they are delivered).  You are beginning to ruin the show for me!!  So I am out of here and I am going to go back to being the casual viewer who is oblivious to what is going to happen next.  Have a good life people!

40 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

While Sheldon has done some awful things, with very few exceptions (eg. Itchy Brain Simulation), he doesn't do them out of spite.

He just doesn't think them through, before doing them.

I'm sorry....WHAT!!??  Did you forget the Christmas episode where he purposely tries to ruin her Christmas by getting her that picture of him & Santa so she feels guilty for not getting him something?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, April said:

Heh. Well, for the bolded bit: Not for nothing, but for a body of work which may or may not have included the episode which she submitted for awards consideration. It's like with the Academy Awards: don't we hear that you seldom get the prize for the precise film in the precise year that you won it, but because the Academy is generally rewarding you for a body of work that it thinks to be deserving?

And- speaking as one of the 'Argh Amy what are you actually thinking or feeling?!?' bellyachers- honestly, we may have to agree to disagree here. The niggling sense that I got during the breakup episodes was that, for Amy, plot was driving character. Or rather, character was driving character, but Sheldon's character arc was driving Amy's actions. The 'underwritten' feeling didn't just plague Amy, honestly- I really got the sense that the writers were expending all their powder writing for Sheldon, and the remaining characters got a bit of hasty Photoshop and cut-and-paste in whatever time was left before taping.

Because I think anything adjacent to a break-up is a very big deal. If Amy were to feel so exhausted by Sheldon, so weary with him, I would expect to have seen flickers of something like that, or something a little uneasy even in her moments of happiness with him. And I, personally, did not. You may disagree, and that is fine.

And I don't at all blame Amy for snapping and breaking up with Sheldon in the heat of the moment, but after that, everything that we are told suggests that whatever was bugging Amy was enough for her to be moody and withdrawn and reticent and oddly furtive with her friends (all of whom were behaving like macaques with ADD and amnesia, suddenly). And then we find out that Amy has been dating, and not just dating, that apparently 'I never thought the next man I dated would be like Sheldon' or something like that- happy to be corrected. And whenever she spoke with Sheldon, her affect suggested weariness, again. She sounded as though she had checked out of her relationship mentally long ago. And this was so at odds with Amy in Season Eight that I was thrown. Because anger I can get- though what I wouldn't have given for Amy to retaliate to Sheldon's Czechoslovakia Youtube video with a rival 'Vexillology Vixen' Youtube channel of her own!- but Amy's terrifyingly distant affection looked to me like someone dealing with an impossible ex of many years ago. Everything about Amy suggested that she was moving on with some purpose- that she had been wanting to march for some time. Nothing about the dates we saw suggested that Amy was awkward or ill-at-ease, or even throwing herself with her manic gusto of yore into something that obviously didn't fit for her.

And it all felt, to me, that if there was a coherent narrative arc for Amy there, it was being criminally underexplored. But- because my starting point is that of searing scepticism in the writers- Occam's Razor suggests to me that the simplest explanation is that the writers felt that Sheldon needed to learn, by separation from the love of his life, that he was not a robot*. And Amy was the marionette they would use to make that happen. Because okay, Amy has had enough of Sheldon. Fine. Why was the only available option for her to go on dates rather than- oo, I don't know- throw herself into work? Take up sky-diving? Decide to agitate to have her made-up language recognised by the UN? Because the writers knew that Sheldon would be most hurt by Amy dating. Simple as that. And maybe that they didn't want to risk Amy's post-breakup stories being fun and interesting enough that viewers would say 'hey! She used to be such a laugh! Why don't they go back to being friends?' And maybe, just maybe, they really don't care enough about Amy to have her be coherent or do anything that isn't about Sheldon in some way (with a few-very few- honourable exceptions). Even what we see of her dating life is blighted by Sheldon. Sheldon gets to turn down a woman because she isn't Amy, or because she failed some criterion of his. Amy had the decision forced by her by a man who won't shut up about her ex.

(shrugs) but you're right- we've talked this to death, really, haven't we? Let's speculate some more about that proposal, and whether we'll ever get to meet any more of Amy's family.

* And ugh, I cannot with that.

Edited by wowbagger
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Did you forget the Christmas episode where he purposely tries to ruin her Christmas by getting her that picture of him & Santa so she feels guilty for not getting him something?

No, I didn't forget it, hence why I said "with very few exceptions".

I didn't say Itchy Brain was the only exception.

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic