Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Sorry. I didn't realize it'd been three months since the Shamy first bumped ugglies.

1 minute ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Yup last episode filmed was Valentines day ep :) 

That makes it about two months. Just FYI. ;)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I was counting December/Jan/Feb cus that's how you do it when you're expecting but yes you are correct two months :) 

Should I ever get pregnant this will probably irritate me to no end. lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, April said:

Yeah, in terms of closeness Sheldon's attitude seems weirdly paradoxical at times. I mean, I do think that he's more open to Amy in some areas than he is to other characters, but at the same time he also seems to be more reserved trying to keep a distance and instead of with Amy he's having some very personal talks and revelatory moments with other characters. If I had to pinpoint it down to one thing then I would agree with you that for the longest time he didn't want to get too close to Amy because the moment he's revealing that sort of vulnerability to her the floodgates will open and that probably scared him more than anything.

And I also agree that now after the breakup and his epiphany is the perfect opportunity to have him and Amy share a profound moment like that.

Oh yes, if I had to choose I'd pick a talk that is more about them reflecting on a positive experience and seeing how they can apply that to strengthen their relationship in the future rather than dwelling on the heartbreak (yet again! ugh). Sheldon's heart breaking wasn't the only thing that happened in the first half of the season so how about you do something constructive here, show?? It would be nice to have a bit of a sweet talk about how they want to proceed from here - especially since they don't have an RA anymore that regulates physical contact. How has winging it for 2 months worked out so far??

And as CuriousMeans pointed out, the D&D scene is a great example of how to do it right. I'd love to have something like that again (maybe with less drama in the set up lol).

Oh .. Yes...This post! Why go back to that dark place yet again? If there was a issue with Shamy  (before the breakup anyway) for the most part they would deal with that problem. I think with coitus that only happened once though, and that was the D&D game. Now after all the realizations ... No one is talking, and like I said I don't want to revisit the dark days so lets concentrate of the positive. I think the Valentine's Day episode does get them talking a little, but still!!  Loved your post!! 

145778c9ea3c463c7e6e6d0d937c6eac.gif

Edited by EvilStewie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was a bit boring today...here's the result:

There was a young man in Pasadena
who was happily waiting for his meemaw.
But she was mean to his love,
so he told her: "Buzz off!
I've been hers since the moment I've seen her."

:icon_cheesygrin:

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Why would it prove they did it again?

You can get pregnant the first time, you know.

Apologies. Two things happened here:

1. I'm making the assumption that Amy is sort of person/character who would care about immediately knowing, and she would track that. Given that they had sex on 12/17 and this is at least after 2/14 and taking into account the variance in how long after sex you can get pregnant, that's about 12/18 to 2/18 (the end of Valentine's Day week because I'm guess this episode won't take place immediately after IDK). So, about 63 days give or take and 2 periods (but Amy, sweet awkward Amy, has said hers aren't regular, so who knows). And I honestly always thought of Amy as the sort of person who would check if they're pregnant as soon as possible after having sex, especially after the first time.

Especially given how open she is with that stuff and how she thinks about her body. 

And Sheldon would probably be all about figuring out the likelihood of that in my mind if the situation came up.

IDK, I just feel like Amy is that person who is really, really on top of that. 

2. I meant to imply that Sheldon would write the probability of Amy being pregnant on the board and the guys would question how he got that number given they only had sex once--the number either implying they've had sex more than once or that they only had sex that one time (each higher or lower given their steps and what not).

I didn't mean to imply that Amy being pregnant would definitely mean that they had sex more than once. Only that the probability would be slightly higher if they had. Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Yes but it doesn't take most women 3 months to realise that they are pregnant so they would have had to have had sex between December and when the Episode airs at the end of Feb.

Many women wait until the nine-week scan shows what's going on before they regard a pregnancy as confirmed. That's about the time from Star Wars to Valentine's Day. Even then it's pretty early days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The photo attached to the press release is so funny! I like it and I'm so excited for the episode, even if it is so far away, FwF scenes are among my favourite ones! In the photo, I've noticed that the couch in the guys apartment  seems to have seen better days, LOL!!! time goes by also for this epic piece of furniture...Oh, and they cut the frame of the blackboard behind them so we can't see Sheldon's present to Amy, that's clever...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

The photo attached to the press release is so funny! I like it and I'm so excited for the episode, even if it is so far away, FwF scenes are among my favourite ones! In the photo, I've noticed that the couch in the guys apartment  seems to have seen better days, LOL!!! time goes by also for this epic piece of furniture...Oh, and they cut the frame of the blackboard behind them so we can't see Sheldon's present to Amy, that's clever...

Awwww....that picture.....Shamy back to happily doing quirky Shamy things together again.  I've missed this.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so happy to see Shamy doing FwF again!! Even with them both looking annoyed with Raj and Kripke they're both so cute -- and they're in it together! I know this thread has been kind of bummed out as of late (and to be perfectly honest I really don't understand why! we've been given so much Shamy goodness! so I blame the hiatus!), so it's awesome that we have these next two episodes showing Shamy "on the same page" -- one of our big wishes we kept bringing up when we were discussing what we wanted to see in Shamy 2.0! I really look forward to them clinking mug and glass at the end with Sheldon saying he wanted to do it again :) I'm hoping and thinking it won't be the only thing we will get to see them "do again"! Bring on Meemaw and FwF! (and of course the next taping report!) 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CuriousMeans said:

... (but Amy, sweet awkward Amy, has said hers aren't regular, so who knows). And I honestly always thought of Amy as the sort of person who would check if they're pregnant as soon as possible after having sex, especially after the first time.

Especially given how open she is with that stuff and how she thinks about her body. 

 

I Agree with you on the fact that she would check as soon as possible after they had sex, but I am just assuming that Amy would be smart enough to have gotten on the pill, only to regulate her cycle and a secondary in case they had sex. Just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I was counting December/Jan/Feb cus that's how you do it when you're expecting but yes you are correct two months :) 

 

No actually you don't.  You don't count the month your actually in.  They had sex December 17.  So January 17 would be 1 month.  So April is right.  It's only been 2 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

No actually you don't.  You don't count the month your actually in.  They had sex December 17.  So January 17 would be 1 month.  So April is right.  It's only been 2 months.

OMG my daughter is gonna be 18 in April, I don't even remember, but don't you start from your last period to bring it to 40 weeks, so they would count from her period in Nov 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, EvilStewie said:

OMG my daughter is gonna be 18 in April, I don't even remember, but don't you start from your last period to bring it to 40 weeks, so they would count from her period in Nov 

...But wouldn't what we really care about in this case be the measure of hCG? Not so much how we as a people count the time for expecting parents? Although, Amy and Bernie arguing this exact issue would be hilarious come Bernie's pregnancy (since this is a thing that happens but isn't it a holdover from before we had pregnancy tests? Also, it's sort of moot for people who don't have regular periods, are on birth control, or have conditions which affect regularity? IDK).

And if you assume it's been ~60 days since the blastocyst implanted, that's more than enough time for placental/fetal development to occur and start raising hCG levels in the urine and blood. So, the real question becomes if Amy would notice/have symptoms/take a test, and given what is known about her, I would think she'd test her own blood just to be sure.  She'd probably do it in her lab (she already does questionable things in her lab anyways, I can see her doing her own blood work in the bio labs). 

Regardless, I'm sorry for creating this hypothetical scenario storm. 

Edited by CuriousMeans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, CuriousMeans said:

...But wouldn't what we really care about in this case be the measure of hCG? Not so much how we as a people count the time for expecting parents? Although, Amy and Bernie arguing this exact issue would be hilarious come Bernie's pregnancy (since this is a thing that happens but isn't it a holdover from before we had pregnancy tests? Also, it's sort of moot for people who don't have regular periods, are on birth control, or have conditions which affect regularity? IDK).

And if you assume it's been ~60 days since the blastocyst implanted, that's more than enough time for placental/fetal development to occur and start raising hCG levels in the urine and blood. So, the real question becomes if Amy would notice/have symptoms/take a test, and given what is known about her, I would think she'd test her own blood just to be sure.  She'd probably do it in her lab (she already does questionable things in her lab anyways, I can see her doing her own blood work in the bio labs). 

Regardless, I'm sorry for creating this hypothetical scenario storm. 

Don't be it interested me enough to reply, I honestly don't remember any of this stuff! Funny story, I went shopping for a baby shower, looked around and was clueless! I don't think any of it is the same as I use/had.. but we are talking almost 20 years ago.  

I can wait til after the baby gets here to be honest, that is gonna be hilarious, we're all a little clueless at first! I got pregnant July of 97' had her April of 98' and I swear they changed the sleeping position in crib 3 times! ( stomach, side, back) I came home, looked at her crib and just cried. Thats when it sunk in, that everyone has a theory, but for the most part.. I was on my own! 

Edited by EvilStewie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, EvilStewie said:

OMG my daughter is gonna be 18 in April, I don't even remember, but don't you start from your last period to bring it to 40 weeks, so they would count from her period in Nov 

If she was ovulating when they did it, then her period was approximately 2 weeks earlier.  So the first week of December.. I'm counting months, not weeks.  

Because of the MAJOR heartburn I had during my entire pregnancy with my youngest, I remember when I probably conceived her which was around the week of August 10th.  She was born May 11th.  August (start counting with September as the first month) to May is 9 months.  So if Amy conceived during their first time, she'd give birth around the middle of September and she'd be 2 months  pregnant when this latest taping report airs. 

Edited by Kathy2611

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

I'm so happy to see Shamy doing FwF again!! Even with them both looking annoyed with Raj and Kripke they're both so cute -- and they're in it together! I know this thread has been kind of bummed out as of late (and to be perfectly honest I really don't understand why! we've been given so much Shamy goodness! so I blame the hiatus!), so it's awesome that we have these next two episodes showing Shamy "on the same page" -- one of our big wishes we kept bringing up when we were discussing what we wanted to see in Shamy 2.0! I really look forward to them clinking mug and glass at the end with Sheldon saying he wanted to do it again :) I'm hoping and thinking it won't be the only thing we will get to see them "do again"! Bring on Meemaw and FwF! (and of course the next taping report!) 

I blame the darned "blame game" subplots in these anticipated episodes conjuring up the old debates. I agree, this hiatus makes for idle hands truly being the devil's workshop lol. I love FWF episodes and really hoping it plays out funny! Still hoping for a group dinner!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

If she was ovulating when they did it, then her period was approximately 2 weeks earlier.  So the first week of December.. I'm counting months, not weeks.  

Because of the MAJOR heartburn I had during my entire pregnancy with my youngest, I remember when I probably conceived her which was around the week of August 10th.  She was born May 11th.  August (start counting with September as the first month) to May is 9 months.  So if Amy conceived during their first time, she'd give birth around the middle of September and she'd be 2 months  pregnant when this latest taping report airs. 

..but we are pregnant for 10 months. 

Edited by EvilStewie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Lionne said:

^^^THIS.

Let us conversate of coitus, you cray-zee couple.

I don't know about the rest of y'all  (yes, y'all is a word....), but I want to know how the guys found out about the coitus.  Did Sheldon tell them (doubtful), or did the girls tell the guys?  I also would have LOVED to have seen the guys' reactions.    

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.