Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • April

    1081

  • A Shamy gal

    1037

  • jenafan

    1018

  • Amy Fowler

    969

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

In fact, the rabbit invariably died, whether the woman was pregnant or not, because the rabbit had to be surgically opened up, to examined the ovaries, and it was usually considered unnecessary, to go to the trouble of keeping the rabbit alive. They'd simply kill it, and open it up.

I recall an episode of MASH, where they use Radar's rabbit, to test if Margaret Houlihan is pregnant, and agree to keep the rabbit alive.

Thank you. That explains it. We didn't use rabbits over here so far as I know, so I didn't know much about how the test was carried out. In the district where I worked it was to do with whether a frog laid eggs. I can see what it means that Valentino survives now. I just hope they don't screw up by letting Cinnamon play with him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, April said:

They better not make it all about Sheldon's birthday or some people will really flip their shit - I might even join them depending on the execution. But yeah, they don't really do much birthday stuff on this show (with the weird side-effect of people not knowing each other's b-day lol what even) so we'll have to wait and see. I wouldn't mind a little gag about Amy getting Sheldon something special for his birthday though.

I know, I know, if that happened for real, I think I would stay away from the Discussion Thread till the end of the season at least! Anyway, I was just kidding and noticing a "fun fact". I think that, with the VD episode, the writers have built so many interesting plots for the rest of the season, between Howardette's baby and Raj's shaky love life, not to mention Lenny, that necessarily Shamy will be in the background for a while (rightly so) and  the show will focus on the other characters. I hope also on something different from relationships, TBH. Actually, you are right, on the top of my head, apart from Leonard's birthday surprise party back in Season 1 (and it didn't go that well), the stupid mention of Sheldon's birthday in The Intimacy Acceleration (I can't get over the fact the writers want us to believe nobody in 10 years has bothered to find out Sheldon's date of birth, even if he wanted to keep it a secret) and Amy's birthday in 9.11 (best birthday ever!) I don't remember TPTB have ever make a big deal out of birthdays. They should think about a big party for some character (not Sheldon this year, for the peace of mind of the members of this forum!!!) 

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Sheldon did something pretty awesome, for Amy's birthday.

Maybe Amy will reciprocate. :) 

Let's not forget also how close it is to Leap Day and what the tradition is associated with that ! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I know, I know, if that happened for real, I think I would stay away from the Discussion Thread till the end of the season at least!

 lol walking into that would be like:

Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-

(just 10 times worse, lbr!)

26 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Anyway, I was just kidding and noticing a "fun fact". I think that, with the VD episode, the writers have built so many interesting plots for the rest of the season, between Howardette's baby and Raj's shaky love life, not to mention Lenny, that necessarily Shamy will be in the background for a while (rightly so) and  the show will focus on the other characters. I hope also on something different from relationships, TBH.

Yeah, with all those new story developments I'd love if the next episode sets up some changes for the living arrangements. Maybe the announcement of a baby will finally have Lenny think about their future and they decide it's time to move together or something. And then 200th can be that kind of ~everything changes~ episode with all sorts of shenanigans involving hopefully the full group ensuring chaos and hilarity. I'm also desperate for a classic dinner scene in 4A with the whole gang and it would be perfect that after a day of moving Leonard's stuff into 4B they all end up with having take-out in 4A like the good old days... so you'd end with a sweet ~the more things change the more they stay the same~ kind of note.

Probably won't happen like that but oh well...

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Let's not forget also how close it is to Leap Day and what the tradition is associated with that ! :) 

You think it might be Amy who proposes?

That idea didn't work too well, for Phoebe and Mike, in Friends, did it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, April said:

Yeah, with all those new story developments I'd love if the next episode sets up some changes for the living arrangements. Maybe the announcement of a baby will finally have Lenny think about their future and they decide it's time to move together or something. And then 200th can be that kind of ~everything changes~ episode with all sorts of shenanigans involving hopefully the full group ensuring chaos and hilarity. I'm also desperate for a classic dinner scene in 4A with the whole gang and it would be perfect that after a day of moving Leonard's stuff into 4B they all end up with having take-out in 4A like the good old days... so you'd end with a sweet ~the more things change the more they stay the same~ kind of note.

Probably won't happen like that but oh well...

That is exactly what I have said I want! :) Only my idea was a (fake) flash back episode with the gang remembering insane things that have happened in the apartment (ones that were not seen on screen) and then at the end they are all around the couch for dinner like you said <3

 

13 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

You think it might be Amy who proposes?

That idea didn't work too well, for Phoebe and Mike, in Friends, did it?

Originally I wanted that but then a repeat of the Lenny proposal was on E4 and then I realised that would be a bit of a re-hash.

Regardless of how it goes down it will not be smooth sailing, this is after all a sitcom :rofl: 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Regardless of how it goes down it will not be smooth sailing, this is after all a sitcom :rofl: 

I'm thinking a rejig of the "quadruple negative" approach, from Flaming Spittoon.

I've used that, in one of my fics.

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe going down is the method to use.

Catch Amy off guard, and unable to use her legs, making her a captive audience. :icon_biggrin: 

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Guys, I've just realized something, the 200th episode will presumably air on February 25th, which is so so close to Sheldon's birthday as it was shown in The Intimacy Acceleration. On Wikia they set it on February 26th, which I assume was the broadcast date of that episode, I'm not sure it is 100% accurate as a birth date, but to set it within the end of February makes sense to me. I don't expect TPTB will do anything about it, too many good  birthday celebrations lately on this show, but, you know...just saying...

If the 200th airs ( in the USA) on 25th of Feb, it my 40th Birthday that day !!! :) .

Im already hoping that in the UK we get the airing of 9.11 on my birthday ....... :icon_redface:. Of course I've seen it online but I'm planning on a take away with hubbie and daughter with G&T and 9.11 ..... Is that sad on your 40th ??? :icon_cheesygrin:. I don't care , hahaha. Will go out for dinner on the weekend following !

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

If the 200th airs ( in the USA) on 25th of Feb, it my 40th Birthday that day !!! :) .

Im already hoping that in the UK we get the airing of 9.11 on my birthday ....... :icon_redface:. Of course I've seen it online but I'm planning on a take away with hubbie and daughter with G&T and 9.11 ..... Is that sad on your 40th ??? :icon_cheesygrin:. I don't care , hahaha. Will go out for dinner on the weekend following !

What a birthday! That sounds really nice, I like your plans! The 200th episode should be on February the 25, unless they decide for some rerun along the way, but it is sweeps month, so hopefully they will continue with new episodes until sweeps end! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

What a birthday! That sounds really nice, I like your plans! The 200th episode should be on February the 25, unless they decide for some rerun along the way, but it is sweeps month, so hopefully they will continue with new episodes until sweeps end! 

Wow I'm so excited !!. I'm off the 26th so here in the uk, I'll get to watch all the clips etc online then :) .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Maddie said:

My ideal situation would be for her to not even bring it up and just allow Sheldon to do it when he thinks the time is perfect.

That would be my ideal as well. Amy knows now Sheldon can sweep her off her feet - just let him plan something nice and enjoy the moment when it finally happens!

Edit to add: And yeah, in a way it kinda puts her in a waiting position again, but I think there's a huge difference between desperately hoping that something uncertain may happen one day (and fearing that it may not) and giddily waiting for something good coming your way knowing that it'll happen possibly sooner rather than later.

Edited by April
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Maddie said:

This isn't about traditionalism or anything, but is anyone else really hoping it's not Amy who proposes? It was cute with Lenny and all, especially cuz Leonard was still able to sweep Penny off her feet with the ring. But I just always envisioned it as Sheldon proposing. And I just really hope Amy doesn't push this in any way. My ideal situation would be for her to not even bring it up and just allow Sheldon to do it when he thinks the time is perfect.

I reeeeeally hope Amy isn't the one to propose because like people have been saying, I really don't want Amy to seem like she's pushing their relationship again -- especially since she knows about the ring! I want to see Sheldon propose because it would show that Sheldon's timeline for their relationship is syncing up with Amy's hopes for the relationship, and I love when we get to see a vulnerable side of Sheldon -- where love is the driving force of his actions and not logic <3 

(and oh dear god if the writers pull some drama storyline out of their asses and Amy says no for some reason, so help me...)

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

I reeeeeally hope Amy isn't the one to propose because like people have been saying, I really don't want Amy to seem like she's pushing their relationship again -- especially since she knows about the ring! I want to see Sheldon propose because it would show that Sheldon's timeline for their relationship is syncing up with Amy's hopes for the relationship, and I love when we get to see a vulnerable side of Sheldon -- where love is the driving force of his actions and not logic <3 

(and oh dear god if the writers pull some drama storyline out of their asses and Amy says no for some reason, so help me...)

So help me...I'll gather up all the loyal shamy fans and barge into the studio grab those writers...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, April said:

They better not make it all about Sheldon's birthday or some people will really flip their shit - I might even join them depending on the execution. But yeah, they don't really do much birthday stuff on this show (with the weird side-effect of people not knowing each other's b-day lol what even) so we'll have to wait and see. I wouldn't mind a little gag about Amy getting Sheldon something special for his birthday though.

if they end up using Sheldon's birthday as a storyline I hope they have Sheldon hoping for the same present he got Amy for her birthday ;) 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

I reeeeeally hope Amy isn't the one to propose because like people have been saying, I really don't want Amy to seem like she's pushing their relationship again -- especially since she knows about the ring! I want to see Sheldon propose because it would show that Sheldon's timeline for their relationship is syncing up with Amy's hopes for the relationship, and I love when we get to see a vulnerable side of Sheldon -- where love is the driving force of his actions and not logic <3 

(and oh dear god if the writers pull some drama storyline out of their asses and Amy says no for some reason, so help me...)

Honestly after GorgonMeemaw ruining the surprise? I actually no longer care about the proposal at all :icon_neutral:

Hopefully they can pull something out of their asses but I'm doubtful that it can be beautiful anymore :( 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Honestly after GorgonMeemaw ruining the surprise? I actually no longer care about the proposal at all :icon_neutral:

Hopefully they can pull something out of their asses but I'm doubtful that it can be beautiful anymore :( 

That's what I thought at first...but then I remembered Jim and Pam's proposal in The Office: Jim told Pam a proposal was coming but she didn't know when (just like Amy doesn't know when) and it still ended up being an adorable moment. Have faith :yes:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was also disappointed at first that Amy now knows about the ring. But I think it's going to still be beautiful and exciting and a surprise for Amy. I have faith that the writers know what they're doing.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, I am certain that the proposal will happen this season: 'Chekhov's ring' is out there after all. But, now that I've been turning it over in my head, I've been thinking of ways the writers can retain mystery/unexpectedness about an event we now know to be inevitable:

a ) Keep the punters on tenterhooks for the rest of the show, clutching whoever happens to be nearby and squealing 'OHMYGOD IT'S COMIINNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG!', every time Sheldon reaches into his pocket, or bends to tie a shoelace;

b ) Invert gender roles in some way by having Amy ask Sheldon, and risk wandering into pushy!Amy territory once more (which is such a shame because why shouldn't Amy propose to Sheldon if she wants to? But sadly the writers have taken Amy so often in the past into 'Come ONNNNNNNN Sheldon keep UP!', that one more instance of Amy suggesting a change in their relationship paradigm might be risky);

c ) Have Amy let Sheldon off the hook for proposing altogether, and have Sheldon say 'I know I don't need to propose to you, but I want to'; or

d ) Subvert expectations altogether by never having the proposal, and having Sheldon and Amy go about their lives perfectly contentedly, with no sign that either particularly wants a proposal. After all, we know Sheldon's committed to Amy. We know he has a ring, and now Amy knows he had- and has- a ring. They even have Gorgon Meemaw's gracious (ahem) permission for Sheldon to propose, using the ring. Not that Sheldon ever gave any sign of seriously heeding Meemaw's telling him not to propose to Amy. So narratively, one could argue (I'm not seriously doing so, mind) that the proposal no longer serves any purpose. Sheldon and Amy can move in together, buy a house, even start a family (if they choose, though not right now, please- let them enjoy each other without additional responsibilities a while longer) without worrying about the proposal or the ring. And it would serve as a nice little capper to Amy's 'Well, who says I want to be engaged to him?'. Because it's not about the stuff, or the ritual, when you're with someone you love, right?

By the way, I don't really think (d) would ever happen. Sheldon likes his contracts and his commitments, and CBS is square enough that I don't seriously buy them dispensing with weddings and marriages and suchlike. But part of me would be amused if the writers let the cat out of the bag regarding the ring, precisely in order to say 'Well, now you know that it could happen. And now you'll be watching for it to happen. But how about enjoying all the other good stuff without ruining your appetites waiting for the proposal?'

Edited by wowbagger
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Honestly after GorgonMeemaw ruining the surprise? I actually no longer care about the proposal at all :icon_neutral:

Hopefully they can pull something out of their asses but I'm doubtful that it can be beautiful anymore :( 

Look, I get what you are thinking, but it was so a odd, anticlimactic and deliberate choice from the writers' part, that I suspect they have a plan. Shamy is still their cash cow at the moment (more than 24 million people watched 9.11 just in USA...) so I think their possible engagement would be a topic moment for the show as well. My guess is that they want to delay it, given also that they are negoziating new seasons, and that was the way they came up with. Had they forgot the ring until let's say, for the sake of argument, next season (I hope it will appear again for the right reason sooner than that) wouldn't it have sounded even stranger? This way, there is kind of a temporary  "closure" for this plot and the show can move on. But I bet dollars to donuts that, if and when they plan an engagement, it will be a very special moment for us as fans.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, April said:

To me the beauty of a proposal doesn't rely on the element of surprise. In fact, you know these public/semi-public surprise proposals that many people find super romantic? I'm the kind of person who finds them pretty awful, whoops. I can't help but cringe a little and hope that the couple did at least talk about marriage at some point because the whole idea of being put on the spot with everyone expecting you to say "YES!!" is skyrocketing my anxiety levels.

In Sheldon's case what's a lot more important to me is how he'll propose, like what does he think is the right moment and what words will he chose? I don't even care if it's a romantic outing or a private situation - but I'm hoping for something that's coming from the heart and shows that whatever walls he may have maintained over the years to keep her at bay have now crumbled and he's in without any reservations. I mean, we already see bits of this but for a proposal it would be nice to put all of that into a little speech and wrap it up with a cute bow!

Agree.
Okay, I was really disappointed that Meemaw told her - and the way in which she did (or will do) it. But I'm sure the writers will find a way to make it special when it finally happens.
Plus we got the wonderful 'surprise' when Sheldon showed up at her door in 'Earworm'. It was like a 'little' proposal. :wub:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.