• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Super stoked to see #199, drunk Sheldon is always the best (unless he's hitting on women in a bar), group time in a karaoke bar no less, and everyone supporting each other! Now was that so hard writers lol? A big Thank You for this!

9 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

I wonder why in one of the TR's it shows Sheldon being a little upset at the thought of bringing a baby into the mix, and has him suggesting they all get vasectomies lol. Probably just a throw away for a quick laugh I guess.

I think when he first heard about Howard's baby, it was his instinct to freak out and to be afraid of changes. But that didn't go very far. Remember how his used to go totally crazy just because the people upstairs were moving? This time he calmed down pretty quickly. And all those things he said to Howard in the bar showes us deep inside he's a responsible man. He just needs time to process the information when it comes to changes. I think in the future if Amy really gets pregnant, he'll still freak out at first, but when he thinks it through, he'll be fine.

Also, since there's still a whole season (and probably more if the show gets renewed) left, they have to keep things slow. If Sheldon is all "let's jump into bed and make a baby" now, they'll have nothing to work on in the future.

Maybe they're doing something with the San Francisco trip and it's "The Golden Gate.....tion".... maybe Sheldon proposes to Amy on the bridge! *gets back onto flying pig*

i really do see "Golden" though...

image.gif.5035aa26e8913f05eda7945ef45b40

9 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

Could be.  It's embossed.  Anyway I enlarged it even further.

200c.jpg

image.gif.b5415a4a8fe3924b787ee2b87f5827

Also, would love to see the episode end with the tables turned and a hungover Sheldon skyping Amy, with the writing still on his face, asking what happened. And a calm Amy replying "Ah, memory impairment; the free prize at the bottom of every vodka bottle"...

20 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Anyway...silver lining: now he needs a vasectomy to be 100% sure of not having a baby, LOL!!! 

Will wonders never cease!

20 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

all the other hints given this season about Sheldon's growth tell me that he wants children with Amy in his future.

Hasn't Sheldon had babies with Amy on his mind even before he and Amy were in any way dating? It's always been interesting to me that Sheldon saw a place for Amy in his future in a massive, concrete sense, long before hearts and flowers and Darlin' etc. were even concepts with meaning to him in his own life. That's why it's a little (only a little) bit of a head-scratcher to me that Sheldon was talking about vasectomies, because- dude, Sheldon, you've been banging on about babies and eggs and Amy for some time now, and Amy herself has not! But I can fanwank it by saying that it's not the concept of babies with Amy that freaks out Sheldon, it's the spontaneity (Heaven forfend) of the Howardette pregnancy that he objects to. And, of course, the site of conception.....

24 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

And the line about his knowing how it is to grow up without a father is so moving!

Wasn't that beautiful? I loved Sheldon and Howard's cautiously-blossoming friendship in Season Seven so much, and I really think Helberg and Parsons have tremendous chemistry together (then again, whom doesn't Parsons have chemistry with?). It was such a simple, eloquent reminder of what they share and what unites them, and what a lovely vote of confidence from Sheldon- and utterly unprompted I think? Really lovely.

And one other character note that I just loved: Amy's enthusiastically joining in the sex talk. I've always thought that at least a part of Amy's thirst for sex with Sheldon was so that she could participate in conversations and 'female social adhesion rituals' (as doubtless she would put it) like sex-talk, and how fantastic that the writers remembered.

2 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Hasn't Sheldon had babies with Amy on his mind even before he and Amy were in any way dating? It's always been interesting to me that Sheldon saw a place for Amy in his future in a massive, concrete sense, long before hearts and flowers and Darlin' etc. were even concepts with meaning to him in his own life. That's why it's a little (only a little) bit of a head-scratcher to me that Sheldon was talking about vasectomies, because- dude, Sheldon, you've been banging on about babies and eggs and Amy for some time now, and Amy herself has not! But I can fanwank it by saying that it's not the concept of babies with Amy that freaks out Sheldon, it's the spontaneity (Heaven forfend) of the Howardette pregnancy that he objects to. And, of course, the site of conception.....

Wasn't that beautiful? I loved Sheldon and Howard's cautiously-blossoming friendship in Season Seven so much, and I really think Helberg and Parsons have tremendous chemistry together (then again, whom doesn't Parsons have chemistry with?). It was such a simple, eloquent reminder of what they share and what unites them, and what a lovely vote of confidence from Sheldon- and utterly unprompted I think? Really lovely.

And one other character note that I just loved: Amy's enthusiastically joining in the sex talk. I've always thought that at least a part of Amy's thirst for sex with Sheldon was so that she could participate in conversations and 'female social adhesion rituals' (as doubtless she would put it) like sex-talk, and how fantastic that the writers remembered.

I was always curious as to the extent of the planning they had done with their 'gifting the world with our progeny' plan, and I agree that a large portion is probably the spontaneity of the idea. This is season 3/4 Sheldon and Amy. What would that Progeny Agreement have entailed? How long was it? Surely he'd started writing out a contract for it.

And I'm glad Amy is part of that conversation now. I always hated how those conversations led to unsupportive/critical comments about a non-sexual romantic relationship, and if nothing else, that's over now. Love Amy in friendship conversations so, so much. . .

5 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

In an interview for AOL, Simon revealed that he and Jim are very close friends off set, they live in the same LA neighborhood and spend a lot of down time together at each other's homes.

1 minute ago, vonmar said:

In an interview for AOL, Simon revealed that he and Jim are very close friends off set, they live in the same LA neighborhood and spend a lot of down time together at each other's homes.

Interesting! Ages back, I remember saying that, if I had to 'ship Sheldon with anyone but Amy, it would be either Leonard or Howard (and I leaned pretty hard on Howard). And I've always vaguely thought that, whether or not off-screen romantic partners have chemistry on-screen, off-screen friends frequently have tonnes of chemistry on-screen.

And I definitely think Helberg and Parsons are terrific together. I think the moment where Sheldon and Howard bond in this TR may actually be my favourite.

Just watched the sneak peek for tomorrow.  I don't like MeeMaw much either, Amy.  She came across very negatively.  And I am from the south with a family full of strong women who would never behave that rudely to someone I was in a relationship with.

38 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Don't get me start to say how much I liked that part; it's so refreshing to see Amy in that new light; in the TR she appears so happy to be finally included in "girls talk" about sex; you are right, it's like part of a social experiment for her, but there's also a teen-ager enthusiasm in her giggling and smiling; it's like she is a thirty-something and a sixteen year old girl at the same time, so funny!

Edited by mirs1

I agree so much with the Howard/Sheldon enthusiasm. Sheldon's line to Howard after he lost his mom is probably in the top 5 most touching moments of the entire show for me. It's a wonderful thing to see two people who butt heads constantly also have a bit of a soft spot for each other. They both get what it's like to lose parents/not have parents around. Jim and Simon really are great together, and it's continuously amusing to me that they are so close in real life because you wouldn't ever expect it.

Just seen the sneak peeks for tomorrow's episode on Tumblr. Meemaw is exactly as I imagined! Sheldon's face is so adorable when he talks about her or looks at her. Jim looks REALLY tired in the apartment clip... Wonder if he was feeling a bit under the weather on taping day [emoji40]

Wer'e down the rabbit hole already, right?  So I'll go all optimistic again and guess

The Golden Rule Observation

Sheldon and Amy's bedroom escapades gross out Leonard and Penny and Leonard has the audacity to comment on it, prompting Sheldon to remind him of all the times he's needed noise canceling headphones and causing him to quote The Golden Rule.  This finally prompts Lenny to move to 4B.

Bonus unicorns and rainbows guess at the tag scene:  Sheldon is alone in the apartment after Lenny leave with the last of their stuff and declares "Well, now that that's done, there is something I have to ask Amy," then walks out the door.  What is he going to ask?  Living together?  Engagement?  Dun dun duuuuuunnnnnn...tune in next week.

Sigh...if only... 

8 minutes ago, Maddie said:

I agree so much with the Howard/Sheldon enthusiasm. Sheldon's line to Howard after he lost his mom is probably in the top 5 most touching moments of the entire show for me. It's a wonderful thing to see two people who butt heads constantly also have a bit of a soft spot for each other. They both get what it's like to lose parents/not have parents around. Jim and Simon really are great together, and it's continuously amusing to me that they are so close in real life because you wouldn't ever expect it.

JP is incredible at those serious heartfelt moments... 

- when Howard's mother died

- apologizing to Emily on the party bus

- telling Howard he's good at his job

- hugging Leonard when PP died

- "I said I'm fine!"

- "I like you quirks and all"

- "I love you too"

*definitely not tearing up right now*

edit: OMG i forgot one of my favorite ones -- when he and Penny are doing the love test and they're at the part where they have to look into each other's eyes and he says "you have a brown speck in the shape of a formula 1 race car in your eye, so I'm focusing on that".... I don't know why but this was like the cutest Sheldon/penny bff moment for me! 

Edited by FortCozyMcBlanket

I actually really enjoyed the sneak peek. It's coming across as much more lighthearted than I imagined. Meemaw is perfect: classic Southern overprotective old bitty. She tells it how she sees it, but I think she's also got a lot of love in her heart. I doubt this is her final appearance, and I have no doubts she will come to love Amy.

I also really liked Leonard's "that's my best friend." And Penny laughing and saying, "I know."