• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The pick ups after watching the ring reveals is Sheldon says his Mother gave it to him BUT he does say firming he was thinking about giving it to her and then they broke up. Then when Meemaw says "good for that" he shoots her back with an evil look like "Meemaw stop".

Again the grandmother/grandchild relationship does usually baby the child. So I am not surprised. And Mary wouldn't have played that in the same format because she wants him to man up. Meemaw is ok with her moonpie staying her moonpie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the way Sheldon said "I'm gonna opt out that one too" when Meemaw asked him to never give Amy the ring.

The "Who says I even want to be engaged to him" line is not that bad. But the "You have no idea how much I put up with him" is a little too much IMO.

All in all, the episode still got me ugggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

Oh, Amy looks super extra cute with her haircut in this episode.

1 hour ago, tayryn said:

Amy defending herself made sense. I know I would have reacted the same way if someone started attacking me like Meemaw was with Amy. Meemaw doesn't have all the facts about the break up but she would defend Sheldon against the person that hurt her moonpie.

I understand both points of view but Amy was right to stand up for herself. Strong, sassy Amy is always nice to see. I'm really glad that Sheldon stood by his little lady. :)

My favorite part with Sheldon tonight was that he was being cautious in terms of what he wanted to say to Amy, he didn't automatically assume that he was right, and everyone else was wrong.  Compare that to behavior like him in The Habitation Configuration or the season 7 valentines day episode, where he was so convinced in his belief that he was right and anyone else was wrong, that someone had to spell out for him how wrong he was.  And it actually DOES come across like Sheldon has taken some baby steps in how to approach his relationship.  Sure he doesn't have it all figured out yet (hence him going over to 4B to avoid Amy and Meemaw), but he is getting better at grasping that SOMETIMES he's not always right, and that he shouldn't always say the first thing that pops in his head.

Baby steps like that are always things I like to see from our main characters, cause it reminds us that change does sometimes come slowly, but its better than no change at all.   But that's just my take on things.

I loved Sheldon's posture and facial expressions during the ring reveal and subsequent conversation with Amy. I was really pleasantly surprised by that.

As to the other stuff, I didn't hate Meemaw as much as I thought I would, but tbh I felt her argument against Amy was lacking some oomph. Like, what does she want exactly. I was pleased with the fact that it seemed they were about to make progress when S, L, and P came back in. That gave me hope.

And Amy (IMO) was totally within her rights to defend herself. That said... I do wish that she and Sheldon had been just a little warmer to each other the whole ep. I can't even really put my finger on what I mean, but I felt the love/sizzle/whatever was lacking a little bit. I swear I'm not being negative! I love them and I didn't hate the ep or anything, but generally their chemistry is so "electric." I would have loved a hint of that spark, which existed even in some of the eps during the breakup (see: basically every other ep ever...I was going to make a list, but it's like literally all the other eps with Shamy).

Was kind of annoyed with Lenny standing in the door during the Sheldon-sandwich (S in between MeeMaw and Amy) convo on the couch. Would have preferred for them to leave, but whatevs.

Really looking forward to the next two episodes and giddy Amy!

Edit: I still stand by what I said, but upon second (*cough* third) viewing I liked the ep much better.

Edited by MAH_B

7 hours ago, rachelshamyfan said:

What is happening?

Couldn't help but notice Sheldon is on his knees here. Could this also be foreshadowing of an upcoming proposal?  

To be honest it took me some time to notice...too distracted by Jim's face and bicep :icon_redface: 

Watched the Meemaw episode twice, all in all for me it played out pretty much how I thought it would after having read the TR, no surprises here. The confrontation didn't last as long as I thought it would, in my head after reading that TR it lasted forever lol...glad for that. 

Those that believe Amy should've gone toe to toe with Meemaw got a good glimpse of that. My opinion hasn't changed from when I read and commented on the TR, I thought Amy still came off as the defensive gf who didn't "listen" to what Meemaw was trying to tell her between the lines. Yeah, Meemaw ambushed Amy with her blunt delivery of why she was there. I was never surprised when I heard Meemaw was going to be on the show that this potentially didn't bode well for Amy, I was already thinking "uh oh" for her before the TR came out. Anyway, whether you like Amy taking on Meemaw it happened and it is what it is, no one right or wrong with that opinion...

I like the stairwell convo at the beginning when Sheldon excitedly tells Lenny about the upcoming visit. And when he tells them Meemaw is the sweetest and kindest person unless you're a gopher digging in her veggie garden, and that in that case you could expect to get your head bashed in with a shovel, well that kind of let's everyone know what's about to happen. Meemaw struck me as your typical sweet and loving southern grandma until you screwed with something she loved. Meemaw is paying a visit to determine if Amy is that gopher in the veggie garden...

I can forgive her treatment of Sheldon as a kid, let's face it he acts like one and I don't consider Meemaw as the enabler because I think it's Sheldon's personality and not something created by Meemaw or Mary. IMO it's not uncommon for grandmas to treat adult grandkids as if they are still the kids they knew when they were in fact kids. If you put yourself in Meemaw's ortho shoes in this episode, whether you like what she's doing or not, Amy unfortunately makes it very easy for Meemaw to continue to think of her as the cold woman who broke Sheldon's heart and could likely do it again.

Meemaw picks up on the fact that Lenny knows what Moonpie means but Amy doesn't, sees Amy lie about having "heard" about it, and sees Amy shoot Sheldon down and cut him off when he confirms she is lying. Amy's statement about her being Sheldon's "best shot" though accurate, still comes off as shrill to me and again, is confirming in Meemaw's mind just why she is there to begin with--she doesn't trust Amy or her motivations. Telling Sheldon in front of Meemaw and using her famed sarcasm that his "precious" Meemaw has been mean to her and that she didn't "need this" wasn't helpful for her either. And the last icky part for me is angry Amy telling Meemaw, in front of Sheldon "who said I even want to be engaged to him" wasn't very classy and a crummy thing to do in front of Sheldon.

I don't give Meemaw a pass for her choice of venue for this confrontation, bad move. I think it's one thing to call Amy out, in the spirit of being overly protective of Sheldon, for what happened in the break up. But to do it in front of the others is crappy and bad form. I didn't care for her sending Sheldon out like she would a five year old, but it does serve to illustrate where Meemaw is with Sheldon and that Amy is correct in her opinion of Meemaw's protectiveness of Sheldon. Is Meemaw being two faced about the whole Penny can work but Amy shouldn't thing? Eh, I saw it more like Meemaw knowing Sheldon and the similarities with her own "pop pop" and making her point to Amy that she needs to be there for him. The break up, and Amy speaking to her about having her own career, might have come off to Meemaw that Amy is more about herself than about being a gf. Doesn't mean Meemaw is right about that, it just might play out that way given Meemaw's limited understanding of things.

Again, no surprises here for me, I think this episode played out pretty much like the TR sounded. This is just my opinion of what I saw, I know it's not the popular one and I'm totally fine with the other side of the fence maintaining Meemaw is a meddlesome old fart that was out of line and forced Amy to stand her ground. I don't argue that Amy has a right to defend herself against the Cooper matriarch, I only question if it was the smart or best move. Try not to tear me a new one if you are of the latter opinion please!

I noticed Amy's response to Sheldon telling her he planned to give her the ring but couldn't when they broke up. Amy kind of frowns and turns away. I've seen the episode twice and still can't make out what Amy is thinking at that point with that expression. any ideas?

I think the episode ends on a somewhat positive note-- Meemaw shares with Amy that pop pop was a pain in the ass like Sheldon, which gets Amy's attention. Meemaw let's Amy know Sheldon was deeply hurt (can't decide if Amy's silence on that was showing she knew, or this was the first time she is coming to realize it from an outside source). We get Sheldon defending Amy and she is pleased by that. We get Amy acknowledging they both had things to work on.

Sheldon tells Meemaw that she stood by pop pop and made him a better man, to which Meemaw replies "I did"-- again for me, this is Meemaw differentiating between what she did (stood by pop pop despite him being a pain in the ass) and what Amy did in her eyes (cut and run for six months). Maybe Amy understanding that Meemaw had her own challenging spouse and could maybe relate to Amy given the right circumstances, and also knowing Sheldon was deeply hurt and that Meemaw was only protecting him from further injury, would help Amy process things later down the road after Meemaw leaves. Who knows...the "Amy blame game" still has another chapter in the next episode if the TR for 9.15 is accurate. I didn't get the sense one way or the other on whether Meemaw respects Amy standing her ground or not. I think she merely said her peace, got to see how Amy reacted to her ambush, and basically concedes the issues because Sheldon wanted it. I saw almost no reaction to Sheldon's V-card revelation lol, which kinda surprised me....

Not sure where I stand overall with this episode for the Shamy stuff. Did we need to see all of this? I could go both ways. I think knowing that things continue to improve for this couple in the next few episodes has me downplaying any drama this episode brought. I don't see Meemaw as being a b*tch but she is not without her faults. I think Amy was too abrasive and some of the things she said was out of line, but yes she did get blindsided and it happened in front of an audience (Lenny). I guess I kind of feel "eh" overall, which is too bad--it would've been nice to have seen Meemaw in a happier light. I hope we get to see that later down the road somehow, whether it's a wedding or a holiday episode....

Edited by 2L344

Overall I liked the episode, Meemaw is exactly as I imagined her after the TR, and reminds me so much my own (paternal) grandmother, at some point of her fight with Amy I just thought I was at some Christmas dinner with my own family, LOL! I've always thought she would have been a sweet old lady, but upon consideration I've realized the show never gave us that impression. They told us she is tender with Sheldon, but she shoots stuff around her all the time if needed, so the way they represented her in this episode does make kind of sense to me.

The line about "The best shot" could have been written in a different form, I agree, but Amy was angry, so I don't pay too much attention in it; the part about the "things she has to put up with" (don't remember the exact words) is a bonding moment for the two of them, Meemaw started to list her own husband's faults and her reactions to them, so it made sense it was there and it didn't bother me. The revelation of the ring was odder than I thought, Sheldon's expression was priceless, he seemed really sorry that now Amy knows about it. Also for me the episode made it clear that he was not going to propose straight the night they broke up, so I'm more and more sure now that the purpose of letting Amy know about it is for us to cool our jets.

At the end, Meemaw "blessing" to the engagement\wedding was way more heartfelt than I thought, she seemed to be ok with the two of them together and to understand Amy's point of view. The only thing that I didn't like was that Sheldon interrupted them  in the very moment they have just  began to get along, and before Amy herself could (possibly) explain her reasons in the break up or expressing any (possible) regret for causing pain in Sheldon. It was like the writers didn't want her say those words, I don't know why. That was a missed opportunity to see her point of view, once in a while. The final line about cooling her jets was very funny and well delivered, and I noticed that meemaw smiled knowing that her moon pie is not a virgin any more,  she isn't like Mary at all!

Edited by mirs1

28 minutes ago, bluebird said:

Okay I watched it twice and here's my two cents as always:

- "She's the kindest, sweetest woman you'll ever meet" Oh the irony.. To me that tells that Sheldon has always looked up to his Meemaw (like he says later in the episode) and sees her through rose-colored glasses. I still stick to my guns that Meemaw is a bit of a badass, but I think Sheldon has never noticed/cared before. When Meemaw calls Leonard's job a hobby, Sheldon is being Sheldon. But when Meemaw goes up against Amy, the love of his life, it is, I think, an eye opening moment for him. He's suddenly caught up in the middle of a fight with these two women he loves so dearly and doesn't know what to do at first. I said it already before the episode aired, I don't have a problem with Sheldon needing a little push from Lenny, the important thing is that he did defend her. Meemaw is one of the most important persons in Sheldon's life. It's not easy to admit that she's not the perfect, sweet and kind person he always thought of her being. We see him struggling when being in the middle of those two favorite women of his and I think that in deep down he was always going to defend Amy, but going against his Meemaw was really hard and he needed a little push to eventually do so. 

- I liked that Amy told Meemaw to stop treating Sheldon like a child. Even though I always talk how Sheldon needs a bit more guidance in his life than others, Meemaw babying him does him no good. I'm glad that Amy thinks so too and tries to treat him like an adult. In this episode I think we saw Sheldon behaving more like a child than he usually does and that's probably because Meemaw treats him like a child more than others. But like someone already pointed it out, grandmothers often see their grandchildren like that. It's still time for Meemaw to start treating Sheldon like a grown up. 

- This was already mentioned I think, but I loved observing Sheldon's facial expressions during Amy and Meemaw's dialog. His shocked face when Meemaw says she doesn't like Amy was priceless. The "no no no no you have to like each other" line made me feel bad for the guy. In the beginning of the episode he was so giddy and happy that his two gals were going to meet. He so wanted them to get along and he was actually sure that they would love each other, but instead everything went to hell, thanks to Meemaw.

- The engagement ring. He was really upset that Meemaw spilled out the beans. Also Penny was kinda hilarious in that scene, had some good laughs there. 

- A lot of the lines people were concerned about before the episode aired, weren't that bad, at least for me. Amy was really trying to stay calm and respectful, but Meemaw pushed her to the point where she had to stand up for herself. And I'm glad she did. Those couple of cringe-worthy lines were brought up in the heat of the argument and I'm not too bothered by them, especially knowing what we know about the next episodes.

- I LOVED Amy's smile and patting of Sheldon's shoulder in the end. Even though she said "who even said I want to be engaged to him", for me, was just because Meemaw was being the b-word. In the end she's excited and intrigued by the ring and the possibility of the engagement. And to me it looked like Meemaw gave them her blessing. She might not have been too happy about it; she has to let go of his little Moonpie and accept that he's a grown man now in a serious relationship and that Amy is the person he wants to spend the rest of his life with. But like she said "if you're feeling so strongly about this, I'm not going to stand in your way". That and the "I guess" line were maybe a bit reluctant, but I felt they were sincere. It'll take her some time to adjust to the situation and Amy, but she's not going to meddle in their relationship. Or that's how I heard it. I hope that over time she'll get over the break up and gives it a fair change for them to get to know each other. 

- I liked that Raj finally had some more screen time, but even though I'm not a big fan of Emily, I didn't like him being a douchebag. 

So all in all, I thought it was a good episode. There was some heavy stuff, but also something good. Based on the next two episodes, everything's fine with this couple, more than fine actually. That's why I'm not concerned about this episode. I look forward to what'll happen next with these two. 

Yes this is exactly how I felt about the episode :) . 

4 minutes ago, jjulia said:

Amy :icon_redface:

yn8y8.gif

I just love Sheldon's smile after Meemaw gives them her blessing :wub: And he doesn't mind Amy patting his shoulder, but when he sees her goofy smile, he's like jeez I'm not giving it to you NOW :laugh:

Edited by bluebird

May i just say i'm so happy the break up is over and i don't have to anxioulsy wait for each episode until 5 or 6 am, or watch at 4am on a crappy live stream, but instead peacefully sleep knowing they are together and happy, and watch in the morning ; )

ok, so some of my thoughts about the episode, and i apologize it's not just Shamy, but  i don't wanna post in the DT cause it's still too much Shamy in one post for DT ; )

- It's was so cute to watch  Sheldon hug  Meemaw so willingly and hold her hand. I guess i'm a fan of hugs so i always felt so bad for whoever loves/is friends with Sheldon that they can't even hug him without him making a big deal out of it. It is good to see someone as an exception for his touching phobia. (I mean, yes, Amy's an exception now too, but how long did it take for her to get there). It's just nice to see someone who's been his exception all along.

- I love Frozen sooooo much, and hearing someone on TBBT mention it... Happiness : D Esp since it's Raj ))
And a shoutout to the Good Dinosaur

- I love how excited Sheldon is to introduce Amy and Meemaw to each other, that he just RUNS to the door! I know we've read it in the TRs, but seeing it on screen has just made me so happy

And i don't think Amy and Meemaw have the same fashion sense. I like how Meemaw dresses so much more
( I love Amy, but i hate it i hate it i hate it how they dress her!)

- "And you never will" didn't sound as bad as i thought it would!

- Poor Amy, that angst was sooo unexpected to her ; (

- loved hearing Raj say he's a party planner. And his embarrassment. Basically i think i need to make a Raj Appreciation thread and post there about how much i love most things he does or says haha

- i like seeing Meemaw drink whiskey. She's so cool! My grandma drank Martini at 90  : D

-  i LOVED Amy's comeback of 'now i know' and Sheldon's reaction to it, like how he gets it it's time to shut up now ; )

- I like to hear Sheldon kinda stuttering. I never heard him like that before! Just shows how much he loves them both 

- the whole ring scene and everyone's reaction was amazing, i don't think i feel bad anymore that Amy knows! And i just love how Sheldon was in it, like he wasn't happy she found out that way, or maybe that she knew yet, it was so sweet...

- Penny's reaction is so priceless. 'You go i'll catch up with you'. I'd do the same tbh ; )

- I didn't watch the sneak peeks so i didn't know what everyone was talking about about the cycles, but now i get it. Indeed a weird joke : o Serioulsy though, i think the jokes about periods syncing up on TBBT gotta stop. Is that even a thing? I never heard from anyone in real life about periods syncing up (not sure if it doesn't happen, or if it happens but people just don't talk about it).

- i loved Penny's description of her grandma, she sounds great! I'd love to see her

- I love Claire's husky voice, and in general idk why but she gave me the impression she's bad-ass, and she reminded me a lot of Emily. I always thought Emily was wrong for Raj cause of her dark side, and that he just tolerates her dark side to get laid, but his attraction to Claire made me think maybe he actually has a thing for somewhat 'tough' (idk how else to say it ) girls without realizing it.

- Ok, i was the one defending Amy about the 'best shot' line, and 'no idea how much i put up with', but hearing it on screen i does sound not so nice ; ( But ever since the reconciliation i feel i don't wanna care about the small details anymore and i just wanna be happy for Shamy, so i'm gonna ignore it 

- But i'm gonna say i don't quite get Amy's obsession with date nights. I'm not judging her, but i just don't quite get it. Maybe it's just cause she's very romantic and i'm not.. But ever since her line to Dave about how Sheldon wrote that paper (don't remember the name but remember it was smth fascinating in terms it proved once again how genius he is) on their date night i just don't get it. Maybe i just like science/internet stuff a lot, and not so much romance, but i would find it totally cool to discuss google font on my date. Well maybe 'font' is a little boring, but i mean in general i find it cute when people obsess over little things, so i just don't think Sheldon being excited about it is repellent. I definitely think it's much cuter than if he said 'i love looking into your eyes in the moonlight', that would just make me cringe... But i'm guessing Amy is indeed romantic and old-fashioned and just looking for those kinda things? Well in that case she should've dated Raj or Leonard!...

- hahaha i loved Penny's 'yeeeess'

- i LOVE how Sheldon sees right through Amy and knows what she wants. I mean for him it's a big deal to be able to read through facial expressions and body language, i love it as a proof they're so close.

- Meemaw being ok with the 'virginity' line, and him saying that in front of her is nice.

Ok so i apologize if i sound too positive, but i just loved the episode in general, and nothing really upset me except for that 'best shot' line, and even that just a little. I'm hoping the Valentine's episode is that good!

I just watched the episode and I like it ! Jim's acting is perfect in this episode (well, as always, it's true).

I like the mention of the ring. I like how Sheldon reacts. And how Amy is surprise. I think it is good she knows, even if it would have been more surprising when he would have proposed, but in that way she discovers he was commited/wanted to be more commited to her before the break up.

1 hour ago, bluebird said:

In this episode I think we saw Sheldon behaving more like a child than he usually does and that's probably because Meemaw treats him like a child more than others.

the "I suppose" line were maybe a bit reluctant, but I felt they were sincere.

^^^ Spot on 

43 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

the part about the "things she has to pop up with" (don't remember the exact words) is a bonding moment for the two of them, Meemaw started to list her own husband's faults and her reactions to them, so it made sense it was there and it didn't bother me.

You're making such a great point!
I never realized that before.
But it does look like the main purpose of that line was just to give that bonding opportunity to them.

And to me it looked like Meemaw gave them her blessing. She might not have been too happy about it; she has to let go of his little Moonpie and accept that he's a grown man now in a serious relationship and that Amy is the person he wants to spend the rest of his life with. But like she said "if you're feeling so strongly about this, I'm not going to stand in your way". That and the "I suppose" line were maybe a bit reluctant, but I felt they were sincere. It'll take her some time to adjust to the situation and Amy, but she's not going to meddle in their relationship. Or that's how I heard it.

That's exactly how i saw it too! After reading TRs i honestly thought she was very reluctant and just said it kind of out of politeness, but after watching the episode i feel her blessing was sincere! (even if reluctant)

50 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Also for me the episode made it clear that he was not going to propose straight the night they broke up, so I'm more and more sure now that the purpose of letting Amy know about it is for us to cool our jets.

I'm not sure about that. That is not very clear for me. :/ 

what made you think that ?

Edited by CentralPerk

It wasn't as awful as I thought it was going to be.  The biggest laugh from me was when Howard pulled out that rose.  I also like Howard and Raj arguing at the comic book store about Frozen. I thought that was pretty funny.

Not a fan of this "child" Sheldon we've got going of recent years.  I miss when he acted more clever and adult.  Glad that he ultimately defended Amy.  Amy's line "I'm the best shot he's got", I still don't like, but it wasn't as horrible on screen as when I read it.  I had always pictured Meemaw as sweet, but with a sharp sense of people and their intentions.  I didn't quite expect her to be so biased.  Sad that Lenny is just background, wish they had their own storyline.

I kind of liked this new girl.  I laughed at Raj "going there" at the end, cause he always gets way ahead of himself. 

Okay I watched it twice and here's my two cents as always:

- "She's the kindest, sweetest woman you'll ever meet" Oh the irony.. To me that tells that Sheldon has always looked up to his Meemaw (like he says later in the episode) and sees her through rose-colored glasses. I still stick to my guns that Meemaw is a bit of a badass, but I think Sheldon has never noticed/cared before. When Meemaw calls Leonard's job a hobby, Sheldon is being Sheldon. But when Meemaw goes up against Amy, the love of his life, it is, I think, an eye opening moment for him. He's suddenly caught up in the middle of a fight with these two women he loves so dearly and doesn't know what to do at first. I said it already before the episode aired, I don't have a problem with Sheldon needing a little push from Lenny, the important thing is that he did defend her. Meemaw is one of the most important persons in Sheldon's life. It's not easy to admit that she's not the perfect, sweet and kind person he always thought of her being. We see him struggling when being in the middle of those two favorite women of his and I think that in deep down he was always going to defend Amy, but going against his Meemaw was really hard and he needed a little push to eventually do so. 

I agree I had no problem either, especially after now seeing it play out. Sheldon and Meemaw love each other unconditionally, and Sheldon has spent a lifetime looking up to this woman. She corrects his behavior at the airport and he easily falls into place with a grin. There's no arguing with Meemaw, and of course she is right all the time anyway...

I think Sheldon knew she was kind of a badass, he recounts what she does with a shovel to gophers who dig in the veggie garden and differentiates between that act and the sweet side of her. But  Sheldon never saw the confrontation coming and he, like Amy, was blindsided by it. I don't blame him one bit for wanting to escape that apartment once the argument happened (we know how Sheldon reacts to that kind of drama from past episodes).

Yay for Leonard for helping push Sheldon's defense of Amy forward, he's always a good friend to him. Would it have been nice to see Sheldon come up with that on his own? Sure. But this was a pretty heavy thing for him to deal with, and it's no surprise to me a little help from Leonard was needed for him to gather the courage to revisit Meemaw. Some folks would never have stood up to her in similar circumstances, and Sheldon does the right thing in the end (I would've loved to see him put Amy in the role of Meemaw by saying she was fixing HIM like pop pop rather than the reverse--Amy and Meemaw would've taken something away from a statement like THAT. Oh well...)

so i'm rewatching the ring revelation scene, and some things i didn't notice the first time: 

- Sheldon looks sooo upset in this. Poor Moon Pie. I really feel for him : ( 

- Amy says 'who says if i even wanna be engaged to him' and 'and if i do , i don't need your hand me downs', and not once!, not for one second he takes that seriously, he knows right away she doesn't really mean it. I just love it.
And before the break up, he could have had the same reaction simply because he'd think he's such a great bf , who would ever not want him? But now we know that's not the case. He doubted himself during the break up, and he even voiced his fears of 'Amy marrying someone better than me' (9x4). But now not for a second he thinks she means it.. So it's not just Amy who knows now how much she means to him now, but also he knows how much HE means to her