[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

51 minutes ago, notchinc said:

His defense only came after Lenny made him and that irks me.  I did laugh when he yelled "no, I don't" from the hallway.

Yeah he needed Lenny to help him locate his spine.

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

I like the way Sheldon said "I'm gonna opt out that one too" when Meemaw asked him to never give Amy the ring.

The "Who says I even want to be engaged to him" line is not that bad. But the "You have no idea how much I put up with him" is a little too much IMO.

All in all, the episode still got me ugggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

Oh, Amy looks super extra cute with her haircut in this episode.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, rachelshamyfan said:

What is happening?

Couldn't help but notice Sheldon is on his knees here. Could this also be foreshadowing of an upcoming proposal?  

To be honest it took me some time to notice...too distracted by Jim's face and bicep :icon_redface: 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, bluebird said:

Okay I watched it twice and here's my two cents as always:

- "She's the kindest, sweetest woman you'll ever meet" Oh the irony.. To me that tells that Sheldon has always looked up to his Meemaw (like he says later in the episode) and sees her through rose-colored glasses. I still stick to my guns that Meemaw is a bit of a badass, but I think Sheldon has never noticed/cared before. When Meemaw calls Leonard's job a hobby, Sheldon is being Sheldon. But when Meemaw goes up against Amy, the love of his life, it is, I think, an eye opening moment for him. He's suddenly caught up in the middle of a fight with these two women he loves so dearly and doesn't know what to do at first. I said it already before the episode aired, I don't have a problem with Sheldon needing a little push from Lenny, the important thing is that he did defend her. Meemaw is one of the most important persons in Sheldon's life. It's not easy to admit that she's not the perfect, sweet and kind person he always thought of her being. We see him struggling when being in the middle of those two favorite women of his and I think that in deep down he was always going to defend Amy, but going against his Meemaw was really hard and he needed a little push to eventually do so. 

- I liked that Amy told Meemaw to stop treating Sheldon like a child. Even though I always talk how Sheldon needs a bit more guidance in his life than others, Meemaw babying him does him no good. I'm glad that Amy thinks so too and tries to treat him like an adult. In this episode I think we saw Sheldon behaving more like a child than he usually does and that's probably because Meemaw treats him like a child more than others. But like someone already pointed it out, grandmothers often see their grandchildren like that. It's still time for Meemaw to start treating Sheldon like a grown up. 

- This was already mentioned I think, but I loved observing Sheldon's facial expressions during Amy and Meemaw's dialog. His shocked face when Meemaw says she doesn't like Amy was priceless. The "no no no no you have to like each other" line made me feel bad for the guy. In the beginning of the episode he was so giddy and happy that his two gals were going to meet. He so wanted them to get along and he was actually sure that they would love each other, but instead everything went to hell, thanks to Meemaw.

- The engagement ring. He was really upset that Meemaw spilled out the beans. Also Penny was kinda hilarious in that scene, had some good laughs there. 

- A lot of the lines people were concerned about before the episode aired, weren't that bad, at least for me. Amy was really trying to stay calm and respectful, but Meemaw pushed her to the point where she had to stand up for herself. And I'm glad she did. Those couple of cringe-worthy lines were brought up in the heat of the argument and I'm not too bothered by them, especially knowing what we know about the next episodes.

- I LOVED Amy's smile and patting of Sheldon's shoulder in the end. Even though she said "who even said I want to be engaged to him", for me, was just because Meemaw was being the b-word. In the end she's excited and intrigued by the ring and the possibility of the engagement. And to me it looked like Meemaw gave them her blessing. She might not have been too happy about it; she has to let go of his little Moonpie and accept that he's a grown man now in a serious relationship and that Amy is the person he wants to spend the rest of his life with. But like she said "if you're feeling so strongly about this, I'm not going to stand in your way". That and the "I guess" line were maybe a bit reluctant, but I felt they were sincere. It'll take her some time to adjust to the situation and Amy, but she's not going to meddle in their relationship. Or that's how I heard it. I hope that over time she'll get over the break up and gives it a fair change for them to get to know each other. 

- I liked that Raj finally had some more screen time, but even though I'm not a big fan of Emily, I didn't like him being a douchebag. 

So all in all, I thought it was a good episode. There was some heavy stuff, but also something good. Based on the next two episodes, everything's fine with this couple, more than fine actually. That's why I'm not concerned about this episode. I look forward to what'll happen next with these two. 

Yes this is exactly how I felt about the episode :) . 

• Like 6

I just watched the episode and I like it ! Jim's acting is perfect in this episode (well, as always, it's true).

I like the mention of the ring. I like how Sheldon reacts. And how Amy is surprise. I think it is good she knows, even if it would have been more surprising when he would have proposed, but in that way she discovers he was commited/wanted to be more commited to her before the break up.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bluebird said:

In this episode I think we saw Sheldon behaving more like a child than he usually does and that's probably because Meemaw treats him like a child more than others.

the "I suppose" line were maybe a bit reluctant, but I felt they were sincere.

^^^ Spot on 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

the part about the "things she has to pop up with" (don't remember the exact words) is a bonding moment for the two of them, Meemaw started to list her own husband's faults and her reactions to them, so it made sense it was there and it didn't bother me.

You're making such a great point!
I never realized that before.
But it does look like the main purpose of that line was just to give that bonding opportunity to them.

And to me it looked like Meemaw gave them her blessing. She might not have been too happy about it; she has to let go of his little Moonpie and accept that he's a grown man now in a serious relationship and that Amy is the person he wants to spend the rest of his life with. But like she said "if you're feeling so strongly about this, I'm not going to stand in your way". That and the "I suppose" line were maybe a bit reluctant, but I felt they were sincere. It'll take her some time to adjust to the situation and Amy, but she's not going to meddle in their relationship. Or that's how I heard it.

That's exactly how i saw it too! After reading TRs i honestly thought she was very reluctant and just said it kind of out of politeness, but after watching the episode i feel her blessing was sincere! (even if reluctant)

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Also for me the episode made it clear that he was not going to propose straight the night they broke up, so I'm more and more sure now that the purpose of letting Amy know about it is for us to cool our jets.

I'm not sure about that. That is not very clear for me. :/ 

what made you think that ?

Edited by CentralPerk
  • Like 1

It wasn't as awful as I thought it was going to be.  The biggest laugh from me was when Howard pulled out that rose.  I also like Howard and Raj arguing at the comic book store about Frozen. I thought that was pretty funny.

Not a fan of this "child" Sheldon we've got going of recent years.  I miss when he acted more clever and adult.  Glad that he ultimately defended Amy.  Amy's line "I'm the best shot he's got", I still don't like, but it wasn't as horrible on screen as when I read it.  I had always pictured Meemaw as sweet, but with a sharp sense of people and their intentions.  I didn't quite expect her to be so biased.  Sad that Lenny is just background, wish they had their own storyline.

I kind of liked this new girl.  I laughed at Raj "going there" at the end, cause he always gets way ahead of himself. 

• Like 3

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic