Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I'd do anything for Stephen Hawking wishing me happy birthday! And he is one of Sheldon's heroes, I wouldn't overlook it as a present. For me it was very thoughtful...

And that's something I was thinking about this afternoon. I like the kind of presents Sheldon and Amy exchange (and that's not only the birthday sex, mind you...) Apart from the tiara, they are not expensive presents or traditional objects. They choose in general things which are meaningful (either for the person who makes the present and/or for the one who receives it), the train trip, a mushroom log, christmas cookies, a picture with Santa, a train, a birthday party with the most famous physicist alive that wishes you happy birthday. They are so unique, even for those little things.

Like I said, it's not really about what it was. It's about the way they showed it. You have to be a Shamy shipper or really into details to realize it was Amy who got Stephen Hawking to wish Sheldon a happy birthday and how thoughtful the present was. Because they didn't emphasize it. The main focus was not that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway, most of Sheldon's issues from childhood come from his siblings and their friends\bullies at school. Moreover Missy is his twin sister, not just his sister, he had to celebrate all his childhood birthdays with her and her friends (since he didn't have any). Maybe the writers chose Missy to have a Shenny scene, I can agree with you, but it is not a farfetched choice; it is the most logical one, for me.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Trinabeana78 said:

Well it didn't feel Shenny centric to me and I was at the taping too. It was definitely Sheldon centric, more than a regular group episode, like the scavenger hunt episode was. But I still really liked it. Sheldon and Penny were only in the bathroom chatting a couple of minutes. I actually think that Sheldon and Amy alone in Penny's apartment and walking across the hall to the party was longer than Sheldon and Penny in the bathroom. It may have felt longer to you because they taped it 3 times I think. 

I liked the episode a lot and thought the Shamy moments were very sweet. Especially when Amy told Sheldon that her life was made so much better because Sheldon was born. That was amazing. And really in comparison, Penny hugging him was pretty quick. Amy's short speech obviously affected Sheldon much more than the hug. But to each their own of course. :shy:

my takeaway and many I've spoken to who also attendeds takeaway.  Glad you all had fun and whether it was your fav or not, you got to see an important episode for the cast & crew

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Trinabeana78 said:

Well it didn't feel Shenny centric to me and I was at the taping too. It was definitely Sheldon centric, more than a regular group episode, like the scavenger hunt episode was. But I still really liked it. Sheldon and Penny were only in the bathroom chatting a couple of minutes. I actually think that Sheldon and Amy alone in Penny's apartment and walking across the hall to the party was longer than Sheldon and Penny in the bathroom. It may have felt longer to you because they taped it 3 times I think. 

I liked the episode a lot and thought the Shamy moments were very sweet. Especially when Amy told Sheldon that her life was made so much better because Sheldon was born. That was amazing. And really in comparison, Penny hugging him was pretty quick. Amy's short speech obviously affected Sheldon much more than the hug. But to each their own of course. :shy:

And didn't they tape a few versions of the hug scene, and in one of them there was no hug? (i might be confusing something.. the chat was a mess)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why, but the more I think about it, the more I get the feeling that there is something missing here. Didn't we have episodes before (at least one I know of) where a scene was added that not even the audience present at the taping knew about?

Maybe just wishful thinking, and I'm perfectly fine with the episode as it is, but still I got this weird feeling...

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Or: Don't judge your episodes before they air. :wink:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

And didn't they tape a few versions of the hug scene, and in one of them there was no hug? (i might be confusing something.. the chat was a mess)

They taped the hug like 3 or 4 times.  The first time was pretaped. Then they did it live a few more times. I think they were trying to get the angle and the feel (Sheldon reluctantly agreeing to it) of the hug right. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brilliantfool said:

This so much!!! As much as I want Shamy to live together as soon as possible, I actually think he needs to live alone, at least for a little while!

I sooo don't wanna see Amy be his personal caretaker to the extent that Leonard is...

Exactly! And I don´t want Ammy to reward Sheldon for everything he does, like Bernadette with Howard (I´m talking about this stars reward system, which funny and awkward to watch). If he doesn´t want to clean up or go to the comic book store alone, than she can just say: "I love you Sheldon and you know that I do almost everything for you, but I´m not your mother, nor Leonard." But it could be fun, to see them arguing about daily things and to find a shamy like solution for everything. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Trinabeana78 said:

They taped the hug like 3 or 4 times.  The first time was pretaped. Then they did it live a few more times. I think they were trying to get the angle and the feel (Sheldon reluctantly agreeing to it) of the hug right. 

Oh, ty! I must have confused something. I remember people say one take was pre-taped, and for some reason i thought it was without a hug, and then the live takes included the hug.

Anyway i am looking forward to it, i hope it's touching (even with Sheldon being his reluctant self ))

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gbb said:

The entire party was Amy's idea. Leonard wouldn't have been getting Adam West and the others wouldn't have been setting up if not for her.  She also had the big moment during the party when she told Sheldon that his gift to her was being born (or words to that effect). All the reports seem to indicate Sheldon was very moved by her words.

This is just my perspective, and I'm not telling you how to feel, but I just don't think this is all a zero sum game where every nice moment between Sheldon and someone else diminishes what he has with Amy. All of us have many relationships that fill different needs in our lives, and we don't have some finite amount of love to go around where love for one person means we love another person less. Not to get all philosophical, but the more love we give the more love we have available to give. Sheldon loves Leonard and he loves Penny. Leonard is his best friend and Penny is like his sister - they annoy each other but care about each other deeply. None of that takes anything away from his love for Amy. Amy and Sheldon love each other. She's the only woman he's ever considered having a physical relationship with. He wants to marry her and share his life with her. Getting a pep talk from a friend or sharing a hug on this birthday isn't going to change that.

Actually maybe I'm biased. But Sheldon was not really "very moved" by Amy's words. He was more like "Well said. Now everybody else follow her example."

The Amy and Leonard's argument seems like a zero sum game to me. I never thought about questions like "who should comfort Sheldon? Who knows Sheldon better? Who's more qualified?" until their argument.

Yes, Amy's the only woman Sheldon's ever considered having a physical relationship with, but it seems nowadays all that left between them is really just that one-time sex.

Yes he wants to share his life with her. But the show gives me the feeling he wants to share his life with her in the future off screen, after the show ends. Until then, let's just watch Sheldon and Lenny being a happy family together. Because the show constantly reminds us Amy's not close enough to Sheldon. She doesn't know his birthday, Penny knows. She doesn't know why Meemaw calls him Moonpie, Lenny knows. She doesn't even get to comfort him when he's upset. Because Leonard feels he's a better fit to do that than Sheldon's girlfriend.

So besides that ring, I really don't see how the Sheldon wants to share his life with her. Or I really don't see how the show wants to show that.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

It know there's like 0.01% chance of it actually happening (we're not even 100% sure if this is a real party or a dream sequence!), but since we've briefly speculated on it, I can't get the idea of Amy dressed as Batgirl out of my head!

I'd rather see her as Wonder Woman, as I portrayed her in one of my fabrics, wearing the super tight WW costume, Penny wore in Justice League Recombination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

Exactly! And I don´t want Ammy to reward Sheldon for everything he does, like Bernadette with Howard (I´m talking about this stars reward system, which funny and awkward to watch). If he doesn´t want to clean up or go to the comic book store alone, than she can just say: "I love you Sheldon and you know that I do almost everything for you, but I´m not your mother, nor Leonard." But it could be fun, to see them arguing about daily things and to find a shamy like solution for everything. 

oh god, no rewards please!!!

I know right, i'm soooo looking for Shamy unique interaction when they start living together...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I like that idea ! it's better than the one I had, which would involve him getting stopped driving the baby's car too slowly one day when Howard's sick and Sheldon has to babysit. He doesn't want to take her on the bus. The car, with all sorts of equipment in it, is the lesser of two evils.

I would love to see an episode where Sheldon babysits Howardette´s baby!

First  he´s totally overwhelmed by the new situation, because he doesn´t know how to handle such a little creature, but then he finds a way and starts to like it somehow. It would be cute if Leonard  would enter 4a followed by Howardette, because they want to know how Sheldon is doing with the baby, and they find him sleeping on the couch on his left side the baby and on his right side a book about science, both smiling innocently.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

 

56ba71bfa17c1_startrekdance.gif.29b12976

It's sad to think, only one of those actors is still with us :( 

13 hours ago, stardustmelody said:

 

 

Could the cans or bottles be a clue?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Thyanic <3 said:

I know how you feel sweety because i have the same impression.. i wasn't even there nor seen the episode yet i just only read the TR and i feel so bad for amy, she's my favorite and this kind of "moments"  make me think that maybe the writers are trying to say something about how stronger the shenny "relationship" is... Even more that the relationship they actually have with their own partners... And that's sad and unfair, for both Leonard and AMy...

:rofl: hilarious! 

Tell me, when Proton died and Leonard and Sheldon hugged was it sad and unfair to both Amy and Penny? No. why on earth would it be? 

Two friends hugging is in no way unfair to the significant other's of those two friends at all! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for the spoilers all that went.

It sounds amazing , the more I hear the more I like it.

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

:rofl: hilarious! 

Tell me, when Proton died and Leonard and Sheldon hugged was it sad and unfair to both Amy and Penny? No. why on earth would it be? 

Two friends hugging is in no way unfair to the significant other's of those two friends at all! 

Also, when Sheldon was sick and grumpy to everyone and Amy convinced him to go apologise, he was only willing to apologise to Leonard at first and not even Penny, who now lives with them and has to put up with him in the same way Leonard does.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

:rofl: hilarious! 

Tell me, when Proton died and Leonard and Sheldon hugged was it sad and unfair to both Amy and Penny? No. why on earth would it be? 

Two friends hugging is in no way unfair to the significant other's of those two friends at all! 

Of course it was.

How dared Sheldon to open his heart to anyone else except for Amy.

He should have stayed robotic and disengaged from his feelings all his life (Amy should have become his only exception)

And how dared Leonard to have accepted that hug.

That bastard.

 

 

seriously though... Aside from shipping Shamy, what Ive always cared and wanted is for Sheldon to become more human, to learn to open his heart and to be able to love some people aside from his mom, meemaw and Amy. 

im SO happy he loves Penny and Leonard, and can almost admit it now.. To me that is special and important.

Edited by brilliantfool
typing long posts from the phone sucks
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, brilliantfool said:

Of course it was.

How dared Sheldon to open his heart to anyone else except for Amy.

He should have stayed robotic and disengaged from his feelings all his life (Amy should have become his only exception)

And how dared Leonard to have accepted that hug.

That bastard.

seriously though... Aside from shipping Shamy, what Ive always cared and wanted is for Sheldon to become more human, to learn to open his heart and to be able to love some people aside from his mom, meemaw and Amy. 

im SO happy he loves Penny and Leonard, and can almost admit it now.. To me that is special and important.

 

I'm giggling like this at you right now: 

56bb874306944_blooperkiss.gif.61784f11cd

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I'm giggling like this at you right now: 

56bb874306944_blooperkiss.gif.61784f11cd

hahah I need to run to the grocery store now before it's closed , but instead I've been watching this gif for 5 mins <3

 

(I feel so sappy today.. I didn't expect the 200th to have that effect hahaha )

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

hahah I need to run to the grocery store now before it's closed , but instead I've been watching this gif for 5 mins <3

 

(I feel so sappy today.. I didn't expect the 200th to have that effect hahaha )

Same, I have done exactly zero work today!

extra2.gif.aa33a673bea3acc5d7b95534c87f6

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I'm giggling like this at you right now: 

56bb874306944_blooperkiss.gif.61784f11cd

I love Sheldon´s and Amy´s smile, they light up my life even in the darkest moments!

Anyway, I´m just hoping that all these events, lead to Lenny moving out, because they realize that now Shamy´s relationship has reached the next level (sex and there´s still this engagement ring floating in everyone´s heads), that it is about time to leave Sheldon, to let him live his life with Amy.

It could be after a few noisy overnight stays in Sheldon´s room. :icon_wink:

Or Penny gets an offer for a role, but the movie unfortunately takes place in New Zealand or somewhere in the U.S. and the tapings take about 2 months. (just for example)

Penny decides to accept the offer, which Leonard is not happy about so they have a fight, but in the end Leonard not only accepts her decision but decides to accompany her and to take all his vacations he has left, to accompany his wife.

So Lenny head to unknown coasts, while Sheldon stays in Pasadena. This could be a possible ending for this season.

And as soon as they come back, they realize that Sheldon is fine without them and that they finally can move together.

It would be nice if we would find hints, that Amy stays overnight. I don´t know a third toothbrush in the bath, Amy´s own mug in Shelnard´s kitchen, something that tells us "OMG she´s not only spending time at Sheldon´s more than we thought, but also leaving her personal marks in 4a!"

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.