[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

30 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

What you said makes a lot of sense in a perfect world.

However, I don't really believe that was the writers' intention. IMO they have no plan of using the 200th to represent Sheldon saying goodbye to the past. To me what they did in the episode was really just a tribute to the show's first few seasons. That's why they did the hug. They did those things because it'll attract many viewers. Nothing more. There won't be any follow-ups with this"saying goodbye to the past" storyline. Just like Meemaw episode and coitus episode, we all thought they had a plan. But so far, nothing, zilch.

I don't think they'll ever change Sheldon that much to a point he becomes a grown up. In fact, I bet Lenny moving out won't happen any time soon. Because it's Sheldon's story, not Shamy's. And nobody wants to see a grown-up, responsible Sheldon.

I agree with this and I don't think they'll grow him up too much either. I think the comedy will be, however, in Sheldon exploring the boundaries and trying to be a better person, and occasionally succeeding and failing along the way. In the end I do believe Lenny will move out, it's not a scifi show and I think at some point the writers recognize the improbability of a married couple continuing to live with Sheldon for a prolonged amount of time. 

The real question will be whether or not they have Sheldon try to stick it out on his own, or find a suitable roommate whether it's Amy or even a Raj. In either scenario there is a fresh source of material to work with. I know a lot of us want a Shamy arrangement, me too, but it's also possible that the writers prolong that a bit and have Sheldon solo a while or adopt Raj or another roommate....you just never know what you'll get on TBBT.

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 4

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Two Mums no Dad - calling it now.

LOL that would certainly give a very satisfying explanation to some people's..."opinions" of Amy.

Let me clarify: by "satisfying" I mean in these people's minds, not that it explains anything on its own.

Edited by Judith
Added clarification.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

What you said makes a lot of sense in a perfect world.

However, I don't really believe that was the writers' intention. IMO they have no plan of using the 200th to represent Sheldon saying goodbye to the past. To me what they did in the episode was really just a tribute to the show's first few seasons. That's why they did the hug. They did those things because it'll attract many viewers. Nothing more. There won't be any follow-ups with this"saying goodbye to the past" storyline. Just like Meemaw episode and coitus episode, we all thought they had a plan. But so far, nothing, zilch.

I don't think they'll ever change Sheldon that much to a point he becomes a grown up. In fact, I bet Lenny moving out won't happen any time soon. Because it's Sheldon's story, not Shamy's. And nobody wants to see a grown-up, responsible Sheldon.

I think the intention of the episode is a mix of what I said and what you said as it being a tribute to the show/big 3 as a whole and regarding drawing in an audience to all the guest stars. I'm convinced season 9 is particularly focused on making Sheldon more noticeably grow up and in bigger leaps than in past seasons because they know they're probably getting toward the end of the series... whether it's over after 10 or 12 or 15.... (it won't be 15.) They're running out of stories for a group of maturing 30 somethings (who at the beginning of the series were 20 somethings) because they're all settling down in adult life. And you're right in saying Sheldon will of course never reach that point of "ok he's perfect! we don't need to show anymore character growth; he's perfect!" so each episode seems to be a baby step toward that unachievable end point. I have faith that the writers are going in a specific direction, but of course they like to mix in certain throwaway lines (*cough* inconsistencies) for "humor" that make it seem to over-analyzing shippers that they're going backwards or throwing the growth off course. 

18 minutes ago, Judith said:

I think there's a bit of Stockholm Syndrome going there with Leonard .:icon_twisted:

What I would really like (and I know there's a 0% chance of that happening) is to see Amy's father...or at the very least get a clue as to wtf is going on with him...

I really want this story to unfold as well! But I think it's going to go the way of Penny's last name and we'll just never know! :( 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

I think the intention of the episode is a mix of what I said and what you said as it being a tribute to the show/big 3 as a whole and regarding drawing in an audience to all the guest stars. I'm convinced season 9 is particularly focused on making Sheldon more noticeably grow up and in bigger leaps than in past seasons because they know they're probably getting toward the end of the series... whether it's over after 10 or 12 or 15.... (it won't be 15.) They're running out of stories for a group of maturing 30 somethings (who at the beginning of the series were 20 somethings) because they're all settling down in adult life. And you're right in saying Sheldon will of course never reach that point of "ok he's perfect! we don't need to show anymore character growth; he's perfect!" so each episode seems to be a baby step toward that unachievable end point. I have faith that the writers are going in a specific direction, but of course they like to mix in certain throwaway lines (*cough* inconsistencies) for "humor" that make it seem to over-analyzing shippers that they're going backwards or throwing the growth off course. 

"And you're right in saying Sheldon will of course never reach that point of "ok he's perfect! we don't need to show anymore character growth; he's perfect!""

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying Sheldon will never reach a point where he's ready to have marriage and a family. Not even close. But that doesn't matter because they will always keep him like his old self and boom, maybe someday he'll suddenly become mature and get married in one episode, just like in 9x10, and goes back to his usual self again in the next.

And I doubt the writers are doing the changes step by step. At least to me 9x17 is clearly not one of the steps. They just want to focus on the main three and please those people who like the first three seasons and Shenny. That's all. No "saying goodbye to the past", no symbolisms, no "Leonard represents the past and Amy represents the future." Lol are we writing poems here? And I thought I am the over-analyzing one.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, bluebird said:

You've made some lovely posts and I don't know if I have anything new to add here.

I'm loving this episode more and more. Sure it's not a game changing episode, at least not in a obvious way, but some have rightly pointed out that this could be once again a small step towards the new living arrangements. So fingers crossed!

And how long have we begged for a lighthearted, fun episode with all of the group together and zero relationship drama? For me, that's exactly what the writers delivered here. I have absolutely no problem with the Shenny scenes, I think they just highlight even more that they are like siblings, annoy the heck out of each other, but despite of everything they love each other. I think their friendship is beautiful. Also I adore Shelnard so yay for that too! I can't even begin to tell you how much I love that we seem to get an episode where everyone is acting like they actually like each other. That's one thing I've missed so bad this season, to see the love I know these weird, adorkable friends share. That they are not just putting up with each other, but are a family. I think that's one hell of a theme for the 200th episode. So I'm sitting here with a goofy, happy smile on my face, just enjoying this huge milestone for the show and the lovely relationships that these amazing characters and the cast have with each other. How's that for a unicorn puking rainbows.. 

I wanted to like your post but apparently I ran out of likes... For the first time since Dec 17th x D

• Like 2

I really want this story to unfold as well! But I think it's going to go the way of Penny's last name and we'll just never know! :( 

Unfortunately that's what I think too...I would be fine just with a tiny mention, really, because at this point it's just weird.

I guess we could fanwank it by saying that jusf because WE don't know that doesn't mean she hasn't said anything off-screen. But probably in the writers' minds it's not worth doing something about because it's too late to come up with an exllanation that would make sense and for practical reasons.

• Like 1

"And you're right in saying Sheldon will of course never reach that point of "ok he's perfect! we don't need to show anymore character growth; he's perfect!""

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying Sheldon will never reach a point where he's ready to have marriage and a family. Not even close. But that doesn't matter because they will always keep him like his old self and boom, maybe someday he'll suddenly become mature and get married in one episode, just like in 9x10, and goes back to his usual self again in the next.

And I doubt the writers are doing the changes step by step. At least to me 9x17 is clearly not one of the steps. They just want to focus on the main three and please those people who like the first three seasons and Shenny. That's all. No "saying goodbye to the past", no symbolisms, no "Leonard represents the past and Amy represents the future." Lol are we writing poems here? And I thought I am the over-analyzing one.

I wish could say you are wrong...but have the same feeling ;(.... I don´t think we will ever see the things we want related to Shamy future or just Sheldon growth on regular basis ... thanks god we have Fanfics.

There's a new promo (well, new to me anyway!) for the Valentine's episode with Lenny crashing FWF with glitter, then having to clean up the mess they made. looks funny!

image.jpg

• Like 5

Forum has got me bummed today/tonight. The DT is just scary. For anyone else needing a little pick-me-up, I'm gonna leave this right here:

source: livelovecaliforniadreams on tumblr

I'm amusing myself by posting BBT gifs in there when they are appropriate, or even slightly funny cause....DAMN! 

Edited by EvilStewie
  • Like 1

I'm amusing myself by posting BBT gifs in there when they are appropriate, or even slightly funny cause....DAMN! 

Grrr that's what I was trying to do but it wasn't posting! I just do not get the hostility. 

Edited by MAH_B
  • Like 3

There's a new promo (well, new to me anyway!) for the Valentine's episode with Lenny crashing FWF with glitter, then having to clean up the mess they made. looks funny!

image.jpg

...and when were you going to tell me that pressing "play" on a picture is not an option here? Because I tried about 5 times. LMAO.

Or is it really a video and my laptop just sucks? LOL.

• Like 8

image.jpg

LOL Lenny is hilarious in that scene! They are really not ashamed to embarass themselves!

Unfortunately they interrupted Sheldon in his speech, I would have liked to hear what he wanted to say to Amy.

FWF can´t get soon enough!

• Like 4

...and when were you going to tell me that pressing "play" on a picture is not an option here? Because I tried about 5 times. LMAO.

Or is it really a video and my laptop just sucks? LOL.

Lol sorry! Didn't even see the "play" arrow when I posted it! 

Heres the link

• Like 4

Lol sorry! Didn't even see the "play" arrow when I posted it! 

Heres the link

This looks so funny. I love Penny's face when she said "cleaning up is not young and fun."

I can't wait for this episode.

• Like 5

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic