The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Sheldon to Amy in Love Spell  (6 x 23): "BEFORE you I´ve NEVER been interested in an intimate relationship with anyone" Clear, isn´t it?

Lol....yeah, you'd think so wouldn't ya Susana?

• Like 1

Right now I just want the season to start! 

#gettingimpatient

You and me both, sister.

• Like 2

Ugh, can we please stop talking about Shenny in the Shamy thread?!

Seriously though, I've got the countdown going on my whiteboard...5 weeks until the first taping report of Season 9! Finally reaching the tail end of this awful hiatus! :) 

Edited by The Mushroom Log
  • Like 3

Ugh, can we please stop talking about Shenny in the Shamy thread?!

Seriously though, I've got the countdown going on my whiteboard...5 weeks until the first taping report of Season 9! Finally reaching the tail end of this awful hiatus! :) 

I couln´t agree more!

SHAMY for ever, our Pasadena Power Couple!!!!

• Like 3

As a Shamy/Lenny, I hesitate to trust where TPTB will take Shamy.

Do I think they are endgame? Yes.

Are they broken up? Or on a break? I hate that this is even an issue for Shamy.  One because it is such a Friends reference and not really appropriate for this ship or even this show as I don't see similarities between TBBT and friends...at all.

The other reasons I am not a fan of this:  It came out of left field from Amy as did Sheldon having a ring.  I noticed Michy's post and perhaps that could be a sign of Sheldon's line of thinking but topically without having to dig and connect the dots... IMO, to come out of nowhere from Sheldon.

Amy has to understand Sheldon may not understand the nuance of taking a break vs. breaking up. 

Finally, IMO, re: of how the actors interpret that scene, TPTB have left it open ended enough that it, in fact, could become an official break up.  That could be cleared up as early as Comic Con if the writers panel can speak to that scene.  However, my gut says they still have to keep their cards close to their chest and not reveal what that scene really means for Shamy. 

I could be completely wrong but as a Lenny as well I have learned to proceed with caution.

Susan, I agree that Sheldon couldn't have been more clear about his attraction to women before Amy than Love Spell.  However, some people will read something into anything if it goes along with their thinking.  Nothing we can do.

Let's just remember folks that the producers felt the need to write The Intimacy Acceleration just to spell out that Shenny is NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN because these fans, even after being hit in the head with a can of corn in the form of Shamy, still didn't get it.  If they don't after that, well....let them live in their own fantasy world.  We've got the real thing, or as real as it can get.

Getting hit over the head with a can of corn made me laugh so hard! Does it have to be corn?I have heard whispers of peeps out there that think the Shamy break and the interruption of the Lenny wedding will lead to Shenny being a thing. That would make me cry and die inside so lets hope that does not happen. I know that won't happen. But I agree with Mushroom log lets stop talking about it or it will be like Beetlejuice we will say its name to much and it will appear. Almost a month away until we get answers... The days are ticking by slowly... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Sheldon knows quite well what  a break up is. Please  go to to Table Polarization: He run to Amy´s home with the RA to cancel the relationship. For him, the RA is very important.

And Amy said "I LOVE YOU", and asked him for some time " TO REVALUATE OUR SITUATION" in the same sentence. She didn´t break up.

About Lenny, I don´t think some randon and drunk kisses two years ago may destroy their love and relationship.( Otherwise,  Penny is not SO inocent! Last season Leonard discovered sometimes she takes off her ENGAGMENT RING to flirt with doctors. He discovered it, she didn´t tell him.....)

The TBTB worked hard during eight years to créate a strong friendship-brotherhood between Sheldon and Leonard to destroy it in a flash with some Shenny stuff. Sheldon knows Leonard is in love with Penny since the first episodes. and Penny is the best fan of SHAMY.

As I always say, SHAMY is an endgame and a  gold mine for the show and Lenny is an endgame and CANON couple since the Pilot!

• Like 3

Are they broken up? Or on a break? I hate that this is even an issue for Shamy.  One because it is such a Friends reference and not really appropriate for this ship or even this show as I don't see similarities between TBBT and friends...at all.

The other reasons I am not a fan of this:  It came out of left field from Amy as did Sheldon having a ring.  I noticed Michy's post and perhaps that could be a sign of Sheldon's line of thinking but topically without having to dig and connect the dots... IMO, to come out of nowhere from Sheldon.

Amy has to understand Sheldon may not understand the nuance of taking a break vs. breaking up. 

Finally, IMO, re: of how the actors interpret that scene, TPTB have left it open ended enough that it, in fact, could become an official break up.  That could be cleared up as early as Comic Con if the writers panel can speak to that scene.  However, my gut says they still have to keep their cards close to their chest and not reveal what that scene really means for Shamy. 

I could be completely wrong but as a Lenny as well I have learned to proceed with caution.

I don't take it as a friends reference at all. I think we can take Amy on her word. She needs to step away and think things out. Her character is unsure but as fans there is not much to worry about. Mayim has a contract and the writers need her as Sheldon's girlfriend. This is nothing more than an Amy version  of Sheldon's step away last summer. How long was Sheldon gone?    Don't worry. Most likely this will only result in pushing them along a bit or no change at all.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 2

I don't take it as a friends reference at all. I think we can take Amy on her word. She needs to step away and think things out. Her character is unsure but as fans there is not much to worry about. Mayim has a contract and the writers need her as Sheldon's girlfriend. This is nothing more than an Amy version  of Sheldon's step away last summer. How long was Sheldon gone?    Don't worry. Most likely this will only result in pushing them along a bit or no change at all.

IMO we don't have anything to worry about for Shamy. Molaro has made it pretty clear in interviews that they're not completely over and I for one think this "break" is just a catalyst for better things to come. I've found that pretty much all the milestones in their relationship so far have resulted from Sheldon being placed in some sort of unpleasant/uncomfortable situation and needing a bit of a push...look back to 'Flaming Spitoon' or 'Locomotive Manipulation' for example. 

While I have interpreted the scene as a break, I do think that it is ambiguous enough to also be interpreted by others as a breakup. Sheldon clearly thought it was a breakup, and apparently so did a lot of fans...I remember watching it with my family and immediately after the scene ended, my brother said "Aw, they broke up". This ambiguity has also carried through into the way the scene has been discussed by the actors and writers in the media. You only need to look at the differing opinions of Jim and Mayim to see this - Jim thinks it's a breakup, Mayim thinks it's a break. 

At the end of the day, we have no idea what the writers will do. I have the utmost faith that Shamy are endgame and will eventually end up happy...I'm just a little nervous over how the writers plan to get them there, or how long it will even take for that to happen. We shouldn't get our hopes up too much, otherwise we might very well be setting ourselves up for complete disappointment. However, I don't think we have that much to worry about. Just like the show, Shamy's relationship is also on a hiatus. What we don't know is what that hiatus will entail, or how long it will be.

• Like 2

I don't know if I want the RA to be at all involved in this break...In the Table Polarization it was used (very well in my opinion) for a "comic" purpose, and I can easily see the writers get rid of it in this more "dramatic" situation. It certainly was not on the top of Amy's thoughts during the Skype call and I really hope that the same went for Sheldon...Anyway, whatever makes Sheldon knock to Amy's door in the cold open of 9.1 is more that welcome for me!!!

I also think we should be less worried about of to label the "break\break-up" thing; as Mushroom Log told before, Molaro said that Shamy are not done by any means, so something is going to happen. Moreover, even if in his first interview after the finale JP called it a "break-up", he also said that he had big trust in the writers commitment to Shamy and in all the other interview he has made since then I don't remember he never used the word "break-up" again, but he spoke of something that somehow will be solved. Let's share his trust; in any case that some tension between them was going to come was necessary to make them grow as a couple. I think Season 8 was their best season, but nevertheless Sheldon still takes Amy for granted sometimes and that needs to stop. I don't like the idea of a "break" very much, but if it will bring a new and more belanced relationship, it is ok for me.

• Like 1

I don't know if I want the RA to be at all involved in this break...In the Table Polarization it was used (very well in my opinion) for a "comic" purpose, and I can easily see the writers get rid of it in this more "dramatic" situation. It certainly was not on the top of Amy's thoughts during the Skype call and I really hope that the same went for Sheldon...Anyway, whatever makes Sheldon knock to Amy's door in the cold open of 9.1 is more that welcome for me!!!

I also think we should be less worried about of to label the "break\break-up" thing; as Mushroom Log told before, Molaro said that Shamy are not done by any means, so something is going to happen. Moreover, even if in his first interview after the finale JP called it a "break-up", he also said that he had big trust in the writers commitment to Shamy and in all the other interview he has made since then I don't remember he never used the word "break-up" again, but he spoke of something that somehow will be solved. Let's share his trust; in any case that some tension between them was going to come was necessary to make them grow as a couple. I think Season 8 was their best season, but nevertheless Sheldon still takes Amy for granted sometimes and that needs to stop. I don't like the idea of a "break" very much, but if it will bring a new and more belanced relationship, it is ok for me.

There really is Sheldon knocking on Amy's door in cold open? Or I'm just reading into it what I want ? :icon_cheesygrin:

I also have to  use this post to point out that Kathr2611's avatar is the cutest thing. 

• Like 2

There really is Sheldon knocking on Amy's door in cold open? Or I'm just reading into it what I want ? :icon_cheesygrin:

I also have to  use this post to point out that Kathr2611's avatar is the cutest thing. 

Call it wishfull thinking.....let's hope it will work!!!!

• Like 2

Awww....thank you tallin!!

• Like 3

Call it wishfull thinking.....let's hope it will work!!!!

Damn! I was hoping for some juicy spoiler :cheese: 

All of that wild speculations can't be there soon enough :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

I kinda think they are beyond the RA now. I don't want it to be part of the break or reconciliation. Sheldon needs to figure this out on his own and they need to communicate. Man I am hoping for a glimmer from tomorrows panel!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hey guys, it's been a while. I've been reading a lot of Shamy fics to get me through this hiatus. I'm confident that Shamy will be fine. 

• Like 5

I kinda think they are beyond the RA now. I don't want it to be part of the break or reconciliation. Sheldon needs to figure this out on his own and they need to communicate. Man I am hoping for a glimmer from tomorrows panel!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the RA kind of has to come into play. I would be disappointed if it was not mentioned. It is the rock their relationship was built on. Though I would love for him to tell her it was not needed any more. That is love for her did not have to be defined in a contract. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I don't know...the agreement, as well as its stipulations, still came up at multiple points during Season 8, whether implicitly or explicitly. For example, 'First Pitch' ("it's more than hot, it's binding!") and 'Fort Implementation' (set ending time for date night). 

While I do think the RA is still relevant in their relationship, I agree in that it shouldn't be part of the break or reconciliation. The only way to fix things up is for them to openly communicate with each other. 

Fingers crossed we get something out of Comic Con! But hopefully nothing bad...

I'm so exited for season 9 to begin. I cannot wait to see what the writers have in mind for the couples and individual characters. Fanfics and seasons 1-7 are keeping me occupied during the break, I don't want to watch season 8 again until August.

• Like 1

I'm so exited for season 9 to begin. I cannot wait to see what the writers have in mind for the couples and individual characters. Fanfics and seasons 1-7 are keeping me occupied during the break, I don't want to watch season 8 again until August.

Me too, I haven't been anywhere near Season 8. I've been watching the earlier seasons chronologically, I'm currently on Season 5. I've also been reading some excellent fanfics too. I think it's still too soon for me to watch 8x24, I can't do it.

SO PUMPED FOR SEASON 9.

• Like 1

It is very unlikely we hear the writers say in Comic Con: " SHAMY will marry next season" or " SHAMY will be together again in episode xx" or "SHAMY is ended"

I M O the writers will choose very carefully the words to answer the questions about SHAMY and Lenny, giving us some random clues  (as they always do), joking a little with the audience and sending us hints that things will be ok.

WE KNOW OUR SHAMY IS FOREVER!!

• Like 5

It is very unlikely we hear the writers say in Comic Con: " SHAMY will marry next season" or " SHAMY will be together again in episode xx" or "SHAMY is ended"

I M O the writers will choose very carefully the words to answer the questions about SHAMY and Lenny, giving us some random clues  (as they always do), joking a little with the audience and sending us hints that things will be ok.

WE KNOW OUR SHAMY IS FOREVER!!

Yeah, their answers will all be quite vague I think. They won't want to give much away and will most likely just give us a few clues as to where Shamy are headed in Season 9.