• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, nickelette424 said:

While I would believe either situation (once or multiple times), I don't think Sheldon Cooper, of all people, not understanding a saying suggests anything about their activities.  I do think the ease and comfort in which Amy suggested such a thing can suggest that it is not a taboo thing for them and that her getting to see him naked is a regular possibility these days.  But there have been a few things that can suggest they are doing it and at the same time not.  So really, no one knows.

True but his not understanding at this point is a bit of a stretch.. But her only reference to coitus in this episode was her birthday which is already known.

9 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

True but his not understanding at this point is a bit of a stretch.. But her only reference to coitus in this episode was her birthday which is already known.

I don't think it is.  The writers are playing Sheldon as clueless to such things.  It isn't like he's been getting everything this season, but just here he reverted back.  I may agree that the joke of Sheldon being this clueless has been played to death and it's time to move on from it.  But they haven't.  So whether I like it or not, this is still very much a part of Sheldon's characterization.

Not to mention, I know people who aren't nearly as clueless as Sheldon who didn't get the phrase "birthday suit" when they first heard it.

As far as other hints and mentions, I was talking about in the span of all episodes, post coitus.

Edited by nickelette424
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, loriparis80 said:

I secretly wished they would last minute throw in a Shamy birthday hug or kiss. I need to see some Shamy lovin.

So Leonard saw Amy without pants?

I understood Sheldon saw Leonard without pants (Amy said Sheldon saw her without pants, I think Leonard wanted to say he saw him without pants too).

Edited by CentralPerk
  • Like 7

For me it will go on this way for a while, so much better if we all get used to it...I think we will not see, up to the end of the season, much physical contact between Shamy rather than the casual touching and all the subtle stuff that's going on so far and that for a while theirs will be a Schroedinger's sex life;  BTW, brilliant definition, @MsRajeshFowlerCooper, cudos for it! It's the way Shamy have always been, last season we waited up to the season finale for some "action", and we all know how it ended....If something was clear from the post-coitus interviews, it was that TPTB were not going to change Shamy at all after the deed, and they really did not. Now, I agree with those of you who said that "oblivious" Sheldon-kind of jokes are getting old, I really want those to end ASAP. The only part of the episode I didn't appreciate very much was in fact Sheldon and Amy alone in Penny's apartment. They played the old card of "greedy" Amy and "oblivious" Sheldon a little too far, especially since up to now it seemed that the old dynamic was over. That played for me even worse than in the ad of the episode, TBH. But the writers atoned it with Amy's toast, which was very sweet and in some sense underlined the running theme of their reconciliation, that Amy loves Sheldon as he is, she has learnt from the break up that he is what she needs to be happy. So, let's see how it plays out in the future. This was a nostalgic episode, with so many references to the past, maybe that was one of them...I know it is just wishful thinking on my part, LOL! Anyway, I really loved that Amy was the one who thought about the party, she asked Sheldon the reasons of his dislike of parties and contacted Stephen Hawking. Also Leonard and Amy arguing about who knows Sheldon best was kind of cute, even if it degenerated quickly from cute to weird, LOL! 

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, CentralPerk said:
6 hours ago, nickelette424 said:

While I would believe either situation (once or multiple times), I don't think Sheldon Cooper, of all people, not understanding a saying suggests anything about their activities.  I do think the ease and comfort in which Amy suggested such a thing can suggest that it is not a taboo thing for them and that her getting to see him naked is a regular possibility these days.  But there have been a few things that can suggest they are doing it and at the same time not.  So really, no one knows.

I understood Sheldon saw Leonard without pants (Amy said Sheldon saw her without pants, I think Leonard wanted to say he saw him without pants too).

I think it was simply their way to remind us that Sheldon doesn't get jokes, typical Sheldon. Just that.

• Like 1

I found the episode was funny and sweet.

I loved Amy who was smiling goofily when she mentioned that she wanted to See Sheldon in his birthday suit. She´s so cute when she´s flirty!

Sheldon was so nervous before and the moment he entered the apartment, that he was trying to hold himself at the cupboard behind him. Poor Shelly he was really struggling with his upcoming panic attack I felt so bad for him. These close ups right before he rushed out were speaking volumes and was the first time you could see it visibably. Now that I saw the scene I get why Penny went to look for Sheldon: she definitely was annoyed by Leonard´s and Amy´s discussion, because it was not the time to fall into a discussion about who DESERVES (I´m sorry I don´t know a better word for it) to speak go for Sheldon, they just should have goneall together and one after another to console him instead of arguing. *Sigh*

The bath scene was sweet. Penny´s mixture of being funny, honest and comprehensive was the right combination to console Sheldon.

The speeches were cute. My favories were Amy´s which made Sheldon smile sweetly, Leonard´s (I swear that Sheldon looked like he had tears in his eyes when Leonard said that he has become a brother for him) Wil´s and Leslie´s (funny and sweet).

I didn´t like Kripke´s jacket, because it made him look really old.

And at last my favorite jokes:

1. Adam West: "What is an Affleck?"

2. Adam West: "Happy Birthday Sherman!" (this reminds me of Sherman Monster, he was tall and awkward as well! Maybe that´s why Adam called Sheldon, Sherman, LOL)

3. Stephen Hawking: "Happy Birthday to you!"

Sheldon: "Thank you so much, I can´t believe it..."

Stephen Hawking: "Happy Birthday to you!"

Sheldon: "Oh, you are singing, I´m sorry!"

I´m sorry, I know I shouldn´t laugh about the last one, but I couldn´t hold back my laughter because it was so funny still! I´m still laughing.

The Shenny hug was strange, Sheldon´s facial expression and the way he was holding Penny while he was saying: "...now they are just extremely irritating." didn´t fit together and made it look odd. JMO

• Like 8

I finally was able to watch last night's episode and figured I'd weigh in. I thought it was a decent episode. I liked the Shamy moments, even though they brief, subtle and were full of information. =) As for the episode as a whole, I think that the guys in the car stole the episode. It was hilarious! That makes two weeks in a row that Howard and Raj stole the show! It was a pretty low key episode for 200 but I didn't expect any more major developments. Good episode. =)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Desdemona said:

The Shenny hug was strange, Sheldon´s facial expression and the way he was holding Penny while he was saying: "...now they are just extremely irritating." didn´t fit together and made it look odd. JMO

That's exactly what I was thinking, that didn't fit at all, really strange. I wish he hadn't hugged her back and looked so comfortable, because I loved what he was saying. I only want him to look that comfortable when he's hugging Amy!

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, shamour said:

That's exactly what I was thinking, that didn't fit at all, really strange. I wish he hadn't hugged her back and looked so comfortable, because I loved what he was saying. I only want him to look that comfortable when he's hugging Amy!

That´s why it was so strange for me to watch! This tone in his voice, sounded like he was speaking to Amy. When I saw it, I thought to myself: "Ugh, please stop closing your eyes and speaking like you´re enjoying it more than you should!"

I´m glad that Amy was standing behind him, so she couldn´t see his face. But poor Leonard sure saw it.

I know there´s nothing between they are like brother/sister, but it was so irrittating to watch still.

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, shamour said:

I just watched the hug again and I see what you guys are saying, but I like to think that he is more comfortable hugging Penny because of Amy.  

He used to not touch people because he didn't want to, so he was uncomfortable when he had to.  He likes touching Amy, so he got used to touching people.  He still only likes touching Amy though.  

Sure it was a nice hug, but Earworm is all I need to know that touching Amy is very different.  

My ShAmy complaint is Sheldon seemed annoyed that the love of his life might be having a stroke and ruining his birthday.  

• Like 7

11 hours ago, nickelette424 said:

it's clear to me that the writers are purposely making this topic ambiguous because they want to stay in a neutral zone where "Sheldon is still Sheldon and isn't a sexual guy" but also "Sheldon and Amy's relationship has evolved into a more intimate one". It's obvious their game is working because half of us say they're not convinced regular sex is a part of their relationship while the other half are reading into clues (the way we shippers do!) that after seeing such an affectionate Sheldon in 9.10 and 9.11, we're filling in the blanks with our mindset that they're more sexual now. And I'm clearly in the latter camp, lol. I don't think we're going to get a definite answer until Sheldon makes it obvious onscreen that he has urges for Amy... and I don't even know if we'll ever see anything like that to be honest; it's very possible the writers have just tabled the coitus discussion entirely. 

10 hours ago, MsRajeshFowlerCooper said:

I agree both interpretations are possible.   It's Schroedinger's sex life.  

^ best description! 

image.gif.f2298e79dd9c101f732e939a8d0f9e

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Desdemona said:

I found the episode was funny and sweet.

I loved Amy who was smiling goofily when she mentioned that she wanted to See Sheldon in his birthday suit. She´s so cute when she´s flirty!

Sheldon was so nervous before and the moment he entered the apartment, that he was trying to hold himself at the cupboard behind him. Poor Shelly he was really struggling with his upcoming panic attack I felt so bad for him. These close ups right before he rushed out were speaking volumes and was the first time you could see it visibably. Now that I saw the scene I get why Penny went to look for Sheldon: she definitely was annoyed by Leonard´s and Amy´s discussion, because it was not the time to fall into a discussion about who DESERVES (I´m sorry I don´t know a better word for it) to speak go for Sheldon, they just should have goneall together and one after another to console him instead of arguing. *Sigh*

The bath scene was sweet. Penny´s mixture of being funny, honest and comprehensive was the right combination to console Sheldon.

The speeches were cute. My favories were Amy´s which made Sheldon smile sweetly, Leonard´s (I swear that Sheldon looked like he had tears in his eyes when Leonard said that he has become a brother for him) Wil´s and Leslie´s (funny and sweet).

I didn´t like Kripke´s jacket, because it made him look really old.

And at last my favorite jokes:

1. Adam West: "What is an Affleck?"

2. Adam West: "Happy Birthday Sherman!" (this reminds me of Sherman Monster, he was tall and awkward as well! Maybe that´s why Adam called Sheldon, Sherman, LOL)

3. Stephen Hawking: "Happy Birthday to you!"

Sheldon: "Thank you so much, I can´t believe it..."

Stephen Hawking: "Happy Birthday to you!"

Sheldon: "Oh, you are singing, I´m sorry!"

I´m sorry, I know I shouldn´t laugh about the last one, but I couldn´t hold back my laughter because it was so funny still! I´m still laughing.

the Stephen Hawking part had me in stitches! :rofl:

and yes, as much as I loved shenny's sweet moments, the hug and line together didn't match -- either he should've just hugged her the way he did and said something like "thank you, penny" or said the "Now I just find them extremely irritating" line and did his patented uncomfortable Sheldon hug. It was kind of mismatched to me.

1 hour ago, MsRajeshFowlerCooper said:

I just watched the hug again and I see what you guys are saying, but I like to think that he is more comfortable hugging Penny because of Amy.  

He used to not touch people because he didn't want to, so he was uncomfortable when he had to.  He likes touching Amy, so he got used to touching people.  He still only likes touching Amy though.  

Sure it was a nice hug, but Earworm is all I need to know that touching Amy is very different.  

My ShAmy complaint is Sheldon seemed annoyed that the love of his life might be having a stroke and ruining his birthday.  

sorry, I keep reading one post and commenting on it and then going back and seeing someone already said something better! :biggrin: I'm doing this backwards! 

but yes! you are on a roll today! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

the Stephen Hawking part had me in stitches! :rofl:

and yes, as much as I loved shenny's sweet moments, the hug and line together didn't match -- either he should've just hugged her the way he did and said something like "thank you, penny" or said the "Now I just find them extremely irritating" line and did his patented uncomfortable Sheldon hug. It was kind of mismatched to me.

Yeah his old way to hug her would have been so much better. His right hand was a little bit to much below for my like.

1 hour ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

that might have been Jim's traits seeping out ;) 

Maybe, but I just checked old videos of him and Penny and Sheldon always had his arms around the upper part of her body.

Ok the way he hugs her now is just his way to show how comfortable he got with hugging other people he likes, but last night´s episode Shenny hug is still confusing because of the contradiction between of what he says and does.

I´m sorry, I need a little more time to get over it, but as Sheldon once said to Howard: "It will pass." :icon_biggrin:

Shenny hug.png

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 3

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic