[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

36 minutes ago, Thyanic <3 said:

Amy used to be my favorite character, but at this point I'm not sure... I don't know if you noticed but in the last episode when Amy and Sheldon were discussing about the birthday party she said something like: "Well, you made my last birthday so memorable so I want to return the favor"  really?"favor" is the best word the writers have to describe what Sheldon did for amy on his birthday? I thought it was an act of love, not a favor.. that sounds insulting towards amy.. is amy so undesirable, she doesn't have sex appeal enough to be loved in a physical way that the only way she can have coitus with her partner is in form of "an anual favor" Wow!!... It was really just fine to me that they both agreed with "do the favor" once a year, not for sheldon but for amy "she worked for her" so I assumed that the days of amy being ignored in that aspect were over because she was ok with that kind of sex life, but guess what? my biggest fear comes alive and now we still seeing amy trying to get more from sheldon and being ignored and rejected again by her "clueless" boyfriend just because the writers think that is funny, is comedy gold in their eyes, but to me is humiliating, even embarrasing to watch. I don't want to see every single episode Sheldon and Amy having sex, or talking about sex no! because that's not the esence of shamy, what i want to see is the writers stop treating amy like that and show some respect towards her, where is the independent and intelligent woman we know?

And for the bold part, They signed another one before having sex! please tell me that is not true, seriously? Amy is sheldon's girlfriend not his client or his employee to sign a non-disclosure agreement, what is sheldon biggest fear? that amy can tell to their friends his private parts size?? or reveal that he is a sex God?? why does he have doubts or feel so insecure about his intimate acts with his girlfriend at this point? it's just ridiculous and again insulting, I can agree with Sheldon's contracts, yes! if that works for him great, we know how special he is and we like him anyway, but in a really private, intimate subject like coitus is just too much... JMO..

I was just  talking about this in another thread. They really need to stop with this whole "I gave my  verginity to you as a gift" plot. It's insulting in every way possible. It's insulting for Sheldon as well not just for Amy because it means he's forcing himself doing something he really doesn't want to do. And they put Amy in the position of being the girlfriend who wants sex and it doesn't matter if he wants it as well. And that's terrible. I know that's the role they made her play for the last 3 seasons but they weren't actually having sex back then. Now it's more tragic.

Edited by Cindi May
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Thyanic <3 said:

Amy used to be my favorite character, but at this point I'm not sure... I don't know if you noticed but in the last episode when Amy and Sheldon were discussing about the birthday party she said something like: "Well, you made my last birthday so memorable so I want to return the favor"  really?"favor" is the best word the writers have to describe what Sheldon did for amy on her birthday? I thought it was an act of love, not a favor.. that sounds insulting towards amy.. is amy so undesirable, she doesn't have sex appeal enough to be loved in a physical way that the only way she can have coitus with her partner is in form of "an anual favor" Wow!!... It was really just fine to me that they both agreed with "do the favor" once a year, not for sheldon but for amy "she worked for her" so I assumed that the days of amy being ignored in that aspect were over because she was ok with that kind of sex life, but guess what? my biggest fear comes alive and now we still seeing amy trying to get more from sheldon and being ignored and rejected again by her "clueless" boyfriend just because the writers think that is funny, is comedy gold in their eyes, but to me is humiliating, even embarrasing to watch. I don't want to see every single episode Sheldon and Amy having sex, or talking about sex no! because that's not the esence of shamy, what i want to see is the writers stop treating amy like that and show some respect towards her, where is the independent and intelligent woman we know?

And for the bold part, They signed another one before having sex! please tell me that is not true, seriously? Amy is sheldon's girlfriend not his client or his employee to sign a non-disclosure agreement, what is sheldon biggest fear? that amy can tell to their friends his private parts size?? or reveal that he is a sex God?? why does he have doubts or feel so insecure about his intimate acts with his girlfriend at this point? it's just ridiculous and again insulting, I can agree with Sheldon's contracts, yes! if that works for him great, we know how special he is and we like him anyway, but in a really private, intimate subject like coitus is just too much... JMO..

I found the contract part very IC, instead. It's not about privacy itself, it's just that things (all things) for Sheldon work better if there's a contract involved. Contracts give him safety, they are his security blanket, he asked  Amy to sign a declaration of consent  (which, in principle, for me is kind of more bothersome than a non-disclosure agreement for a couple in their situation, TBH) but I really doubt he was to be taken literally there and that he was worried Amy could report him for sexual assault. It's just his nature. Contracts give him the (false) impression that anything is under his control and that's what he needs to think before doing something new to him.

As for the first part of your post, I partly agree with it. I mean, from day one of their reconciliation (so before sex was on the table) my biggest fear  was that at some point the old problems would return, because, you know, the writers could think it was funny to depict the couple (and in particular Amy) the way they did in the past. With sex in the picture, that fear increases, of course, because this adds some fuel to the old jokes, if you want. Here and there in the past episodes I saw some hints of old Shamy, TBH, but not enough to start to be seriously worried. In particular, the  episode taped this week sounds really good to me, because from what we heard, it shows intimacy, trust and disclosure between the two of them. Anyway, Molaro's interview was kind of a let down for me too, Schrodinger coitus was funnier in a way. And, while on this particular occasion I oddly "trust" him (many people on the internet are saying that he was lying and that indeed Shamy are doing it, why would he lie about it?), I'm pretty sure we are not done with this subject and that at some point they will find an agreement (maybe sign a new contract, LOL) which works for both of them. At least I hope so, because some jokes are really getting old...But all things considered, I still think Shamy 2.0 are there and that  Amy is happy in the relationship now. Both of them think it's "stronger than ever", and I agree with them.

ETA: Anyway, as a reminder, before being worried, let's watch the actual episode. Many times we have been happy\worried for  scenes or lines that simply did not make the final cut in the editing process or that turned out different on screen. That being said, I'm really and truly grateful for whoever provides us spoilers! 

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, S.L Farrell said:

OMG I just saw the promotional pics for the Application Deterioration.....Sheldon in a red bowtie and tweed looking jacket....wow....I love this look!  It is soooo adorkable.  :icon_redface: ....Bowties are cool!

He looks like he's cosplaying the Eleventh Doctor. omg

• Like 7

^^^ YES! The big question is really: What kind of comedic purpose does any of this have? I don't see many laughs in the idea of going back to a tired old dynamic just for the sake of some silly* notion that "Sheldon is still Sheldon" when moving the characters forward seems to be so much more rewarding in terms of bringing some new laughs to the show. There's a lot of delight and laughter to be found in pushing those characters into uncharted waters and see how they deal with that! We even had an episode about Amy's sexual awakening back in the day, why not something like that for Sheldon? It can be done!

That isn't to say that the writers are definitely going down that road of ~the darkest time line~ just yet. Yes, they need to be cautious, and yes, there are even tiny worrisome echoes from the past in form of Amy flirting while Sheldon is oblivious to her advances. But so far it's all done rather playful and thankfully it hasn't turned into the old game of push and pull. I hope against all hope this is just a bit of teasing for the audience until the writers are finally ready to do their very special episode about Sheldon struggling with his urges or them both negotiating a schedule together or however else the writers wanna frame it when Shamy figure out what to do with their physical intimacy. They should do this sooner rather than later though - the stage is already set, so please dear writers, take the plunge, bite the bullet, or whatever idiom you prefer.

Edit to add:

*And the whole idea of stalling to let us know about Sheldon truly enjoying his and Amy's lovemaking is particularly silly and ridiculous when in the past it's been constantly the same turn of events when he initiated any sort of physical affection. He might have been reluctant at times but overall it's become a regular occurrence in their relationship even if we didn't see it on screen most of the time. Hand-holding while watching a movie or kissing on date nights have all been suggested to be things that they do now. Even up to the point of Sheldon cheerfully declaring that they're in a physical relationship "Hugging, hand-holding - even on hot days!" or drunk calling Stephen Hawking to proudly declare "I kiss girls now!" lol

I realise that sex is a bigger deal but after everything the characters have been through it's not that much of a big deal either.

Edited by April
  • Like 9

I can't help but wonder if they opened a can of worms and they, as a collective, don't know what to do with it since they've all had differing views of Sheldon and his relationships and actions. Either way, I'm not too pressed about it yet because I had low expectations for their treatment of Sheldon and Amy in a physical relationship and didn't know if they'd go the route of "Sheldon's asexual."

Which brings me to a few points (that I don't think anyone is making, so this isn't directed at anyone; it's just thoughts I've had while watching):

1. If they are going with Sheldon as asexual, it would be disingenuous and harmful to suggest that he just needed to have sex with Amy to "awaken" his libido and what not. Asexuality is a lack of feeling sexual attraction at its simplest scale, and up until the recent episodes, I honestly did not think Sheldon was asexual. Demi or gray, perhaps, but I thought is lack of desire to have sex was more of a sensory overload and pride issue. However, where they are at now, with Amy making some cute comments and Sheldon not responding reads pretty realistically to me? Because only having sex once per year and never thinking about it again is something that is extremely rational (because it's just not something you ever think about) until your partner sets you down and is like, "That is not how sex works for other people, including me. Let us talk." And Amy's comments now, unlike before, don't feel coercive or constant. They just feel like throwbacks (hey, cuddles, remember that thing we did because I do and I am trying to gauge where you are at right now on the '

However, @wowbagger, I will say that your two scenarios in the last paragraph don't really apply here (to me but whatever I am just me so, grain of salt) if they're going for Sheldon's asexual (unless he was honestly just sex-adverse) because then it's not really about him tolerating sex so much as "Oh, I love Amy but I don't ever consider sex as a thing, but she has informed me that it is and I am not opposed to doing it with her because I love her and it was sort of fun, so thanks for the reminder that we should do it" vs. "I will like I must toss aside my own feelings about sex to keep Amy in this relationship with me." That said, I also don't really trust them with either scenario, but I would be more open to a comedic moment of Amy explain to Sheldon how sexual attraction works and him being like, "Oh, you mean like you can't just turn it off and not think about it? Ohhhhhhh....we need a new plan."

Because I honestly, regardless of Sheldon's sexuality, just don't think he thinks about sex on the regular. At all. And that his upbringing has given him extra baggage about sex and sexual urges that has created this persona of "I am too good for sex. It's a weakness." And if he goes back on that now, he loses face (although, I haven't super seen this last bit in the episodes).

2. They're building Sheldon up even more as having some sensory overload issues and it doesn't really make sense on a larger scale because his character is already (and I hate myself for a myriad of reasons for saying this) the 'quirky' genius character. 

3. I actually wouldn't mind them having a sex schedule at all so long that it is EXTREMELY CLEAR that they both made it together, had fun making it, and have fun doing it. Because if Sheldon doesn't think about sex, this would solve that problem and give him something to work with.

I sort of thought they'd Liz Lemon Sheldon and have him find out that organizing sex (or having Amy be brilliant and say smart things because he's attracted to her mind) would help him move forward.

tumblr_inline_mmz1gt2uIb1qz4rgp.gif

4. These marketing walnuts. I think, for people that aren't dissecting this like this board is, this is a particularly cunning move because it means we have to keep tuning in to find out if they're having sex and the old comedy works on the less Sheldon focused viewers. Which makes zero sense from a writing standpoint.

5. I trust none of these writers--not what they write, not what they say on Twitter, not what they say in interviews. AND they had better not shove us back into frustrated Amy. Just give Amy her own non-Sheldon related personality back, please. Or at least not this personality aspect.

*Typed really quickly. Hopefully it's clear and makes sense. If not, will edit or whatever. 

Edited by CuriousMeans
  • Like 2

On March 3, 2016 at 8:12 PM, cutiepie said:

Don't trust Molaro

Also didn't Prady say in an interview right after Opening Night that he can't imagine they'll wait a year to do it again?  :-)

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, jlove said:

Also didn't Prady say in an interview right after Opening Night that he can't imagine they'll wait a year to do it again?  :-)

You know, I think the point it's not whether or not they'll do it again just on Amy's next birthday. Because the answer it's likely that they won't, since that would make everything very predictable, and being unpredictable is the writers' stronger suit. The main point is how they will get to their next time and if the old push and pull dynamic could return\has already returned in the meantime.  Actually, I "trust" Molaro on what he has said, he writes the damn stuff, if he has stated they haven't had sex since 9x11 there's no reason to deny it, as I have seen some fans are doing on the internet; that doesn't rule it out that one of the next episodes will be about them being like "wild animals in heat, it's a wonder neither of us has been hurt" (well...maybe we can rule it out, after all...) But how will they get there? How will they make it something believable and organic with the way they are depicting Shamy now? And above all, will it be funny? I'm still very optimistic, TBH, I still don't see any real danger at this moment and, since they gave us The Opening Night Excitation, I'm pretty sure the writers can do a really good job also in its follow-up. But other posters are right in saying that the more the writers wait to give a "definitive" answer to those questions, the more difficult it will be to see some comedy in it.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, wowbagger said:

Even in this most recent TR, we could have had (as koops pointed out when I was talking about it with her), a moment where Amy is Skypeing with Sheldon and points out 'But you can't touch me', and to have Sheldon say '....I did not think this through', or look regretful. Something-anything-to indicate that he thinks of sex with Amy as more than his birthday gift to her. Something to recapture the giddy passion of their reconciliation makeout.

Is this lack of reaction on Sheldon's part confirmed? :(

I was waiting to see how this scene played out on screen, because I thought that maybe we'd see some kind of telling reaction from Sheldon when Amy points out that they can't touch while skyping. I was hoping to see in his face something that shows that it suddenly dawns on him that he does miss feeling her warmth, her physical nearness. It looks like he opens a bit more to her in this episode, and I was hoping that this scene would be another step forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chipmunk1 said:

Is this lack of reaction on Sheldon's part confirmed? :(

I was waiting to see how this scene played out on screen, because I thought that maybe we'd see some kind of telling reaction from Sheldon when Amy points out that they can't touch while skyping. I was hoping to see in his face something that shows that it suddenly dawns on him that he does miss feeling her warmth, her physical nearness. It looks like he opens a bit more to her in this episode, and I was hoping that this scene would be another step forward.

I don't remember what has been said in the spoiler chat about that so I can neither confirm not deny it. I'll also rather wait and see for the final episode to make a judgement about the look on his face.

• Like 2

On 03/03/2016 at 1:08 PM, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

This the most hardcore/gangster Shamy Gif I have on my mac to restore my street rep:

tumblr_inline_n1j4u4trxj1sv5sg3.gif.caa1

And I'm not touching the Tea discussion just when I've got my street credentials straight!

*goes to make tea*

This is the hottest verbal sex they had lol.
I don't have much to add to this sex discussion, only that I sincerely believed that Sheldon was talking about sex when he was actually asking Amy for Skype. So now, in my head, "skypeing" is their keyword for sex. Just like that conference episode (the one with Glenn), where Wolowitz wants to "take a nap" with Bernadette lol.

• Like 1

It's been a while since I last posted here... I was trying to be unspoiled, but I failed terribly in my attempt... Spoilers are just everywhere, and when I found out about something then I need to know it all... So here I am again! :icon_redface:

Well, I'd be really disappointed if the writers decided to make Shamy coitus an annual event. What I can see is that Sheldon might be conflicted for a while, and he and Amy will need to discuss the matter to learn each other's expectations. That is what I've been waiting to happen in the previous episodes, but I think the closest we got to that was during the fun with flags... I wouldn't mind an amendment to their relationship agreement, I just wish it were brought up in a mature conversation between them.

I'm really anxious for the finale and I can't wait to see the surprises they have for us.

Edited by karyshamy
  • Like 4

What Sheldon and Amy have learned from the past is that when one party in a relationship has higher expectations and wants more it's doomed to fail. I truly hope that the writers don't make coitus an annual event. It'd be a cruel thing to do to anybody especially to someone who left for almost the exact reason, they weren't on the same page in their relationship. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, karyshamy said:

It's been a while since I last posted here... I was trying to be unspoiled, but I failed terribly in my attempt... Spoilers are just everywhere, and when I found out about something then I need to know it all... So here I am again! :icon_redface:

Welcome back :wink:

*chants* one of us! one of us! one of us! :rofl: 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Cindi May said:

I was just  talking about this in another thread. They really need to stop with this whole "I gave my  verginity to you as a gift" plot. It's insulting in every way possible. It's insulting for Sheldon as well not just for Amy because it means he's forcing himself doing something he really doesn't want to do. And they put Amy in the position of being the girlfriend who wants sex and it doesn't matter if he wants it as well. And that's terrible. I know that's the role they made her play for the last 3 seasons but they weren't actually having sex back then. Now it's more tragic.

Sheldon's gifts to Amy are about himself. She had a DVD of a lecture for one Valentine's present and the privilege of being his emergency contact for another. The naming of the asteroid he'd helped to discover was to act as a gift for life. Being made co-presenter of  Sheldon Cooper's ( but not, alas, Sheldon Cooper's and Amy Farrah-Fowler's ) Fun With Flags is the latest present.  You or I no doubt would have administered a frying pan or a rolling pin and departed long ago. Amy's on a different wavelength.  She knows that's what for Sheldon her gifts are about. They are long-lasting things. So, she's accepting of intimacy with his body for her birthday activity. At the point when she made it clear she'd accept it she had no idea whether she was going to like it anyway. It doesn't annoy her in the way getting a log did. The log was only his opinion of what was suitable, not something of himself.  We don't know what she gives him.

• Like 1

Hello everyone maybe this was already talked about, but I just found out and it's quite hilarious for me :) So related to the time of the Shamy breakup. The actress that did the girl that Sheldon was looking to be is next girlfriend that did that craigslist challenge with Raj and Howards help. Is exactly the same actress that did one of the top models that once Raj and Howard were trying to find the house of those models to meet them. So model and extremely intelligent... hmmm 2 different characters and the same actress :shy: just a bit older on the second time :icon_cheesygrin:

sheldon1.jpg

sheldon2.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joana Mendes said:

Hello everyone maybe this was already talked about, but I just found out and it's quite hilarious for me :) So related to the time of the Shamy breakup. The actress that did the girl that Sheldon was looking to be is next girlfriend that did that craigslist challenge with Raj and Howards help. Is exactly the same actress that did one of the top models that once Raj and Howard were trying to find the house of those models to meet them. So model and extremely intelligent... hmmm 2 different characters and the same actress :shy: just a bit older on the second time :icon_cheesygrin:

sheldon1.jpg

sheldon2.jpg

The Big Bang Theory: they recycle special guests.
Her hair is so much better nowadays then back at that time! (and the other girl reminds me of Paris Hilton, I don't know why lol).

• Like 1

They don't recycle often.  There's only been two actors who have been on more than once, and played different characters.  Everyone else, who has been on more than once, have been recurring.  Annaleigh Tipton, above, and Molly Morgan.  

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic