[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

39 minutes ago, April said:

RE - Engagement:

I have no idea how the show will do it but I agree with others that I don't think Sheldon will need a push but just does it whenever he feels the time is right.

I've posted something like this before in this thread many moons ago (sorry for being repetitive) but I still like the idea that Sheldon is planning something nice to propose, like a romantic day out with Amy (because he's that kind of big ol' hippie now!) giving him several opportunities to pop the question, but in keeping it with the "Sheldon gets interrupted when he wants to say something important about relationships" thing he gets accidentally interrupted several times by whatever funny B/C/D-plots the rest of the gang is involved. And not gonna lie, I found the way Sheldon got increasingly frustrated during the Valentine's FWF hysterical so I'd love it if the whole scenario would go down like that until he's utterly defeated and exhausted by the gang's shenanigans. But then after a long day he'd end up in a trivial and domestic setting with Amy, like talking about their day over a nice cup of tea, and it's only then that suddenly everything seems perfect and he's able to ask her...

Okay, is ridiculously specific so it certainly won't happen that way. lol

Omg this is exactly the way I wanted it to go! <3 My ideal scenario would be for Sheldon to try to plan something but plans keep going awry and then finally one day they're like having tea or doing something in Amy's lab. Amy is like focusing or looking through a microscope. And Sheldon is just privately looking at her with a loving smile (because she's just said something so witty and clever) and he's just like "Amy, marry me."

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Arduina said:

I'd like to have Meamaw involved but not as the voluntary "push". Like something bad (but not that bad) happens to her and Amy saves the day, gaining her genuine total support. Sheldon seeing this can't help but propose seeing that his Meamaw and Amy finally are actually getting along.

I've read a fanfiction once where Meamaw has a brain stroke and Amy, as a neuroscientist is here to help with her expertise. Except in this fanfiction there was no "history" between the two women.

This is a fab suggestion !!

I'd really love your idea to happen  :) .

I can also see it being something just like Amy saying science stuff just in a general chat between them , that really impressed Sheldon and he is reminded why he first fell for her and just says " Marry me Amy ".....not even the main plot line in an ep, just Shamy being Shamy and that he's so totally smitten with her ! 

6 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Omg this is exactly the way I wanted it to go! <3 My ideal scenario would be for Sheldon to try to plan something but plans keep going awry and then finally one day they're like having tea or doing something in Amy's lab. Amy is like focusing or looking through a microscope. And Sheldon is just privately looking at her with a loving smile (because she's just said something so witty and clever) and he's just like "Amy, marry me."

We crossed posts Maddie - yes I love this idea too !!! X

• Like 5

Yess!! Like an episode that's otherwise a completely different plot. Like Shamy are doing research analyzing a brain to see if yadda yadda. Like the whole episode is nothing to do with engagement or anything. And then it happens just like that. In a quiet moment where they are just doing what they love, what first brought them together. And I can see Amy being like, "what?" and he gets down on his knee right there in her lab. In lab coats and goggles haha. And he would say something incredibly sweet and Sheldony and of course she would excitedly say yes and they would kiss and embrace. I would die. I just think it happening in a sciencey setting would be so beautiful and perfect for them.

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, April said:

RE - Engagement:

I have no idea how the show will do it but I agree with others that I don't think Sheldon will need a push but just does it whenever he feels the time is right.

I've posted something like this before in this thread many moons ago (sorry for being repetitive) but I still like the idea that Sheldon is planning something nice to propose, like a romantic day out with Amy (because he's that kind of big ol' hippie now!) giving him several opportunities to pop the question, but in keeping it with the "Sheldon gets interrupted when he wants to say something important about relationships" thing he gets accidentally interrupted several times by whatever funny B/C/D-plots the rest of the gang is involved. And not gonna lie, I found the way Sheldon got increasingly frustrated during the Valentine's FWF hysterical so I'd love it if the whole scenario would go down like that until he's utterly defeated and exhausted by the gang's shenanigans. But then after a long day he'd end up in a trivial and domestic setting with Amy, like talking about their day over a nice cup of tea, and it's only then that suddenly everything seems perfect and he's able to ask her...

Okay, is ridiculously specific so it certainly won't happen that way. lol

38 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Yess!! Like an episode that's otherwise a completely different plot. Like Shamy are doing research analyzing a brain to see if yadda yadda. Like the whole episode is nothing to do with engagement or anything. And then it happens just like that. In a quiet moment where they are just doing what they love, what first brought them together. And I can see Amy being like, "what?" and he gets down on his knee right there in her lab. In lab coats and goggles haha. And he would say something incredibly sweet and Sheldony and of course she would excitedly say yes and they would kiss and embrace. I would die. I just think it happening in a sciencey setting would be so beautiful and perfect for them.

My gifs won't post, this is tragic. But just picture an ugly cry gif here:   :'(

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Maddie said:

This is perfect !

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, denajeanx said:

My gifs won't post, this is tragic. But just picture an ugly cry gif here:   :'(

I saw you tried to post an image that was hosted somewhere else. Did you try the "Insert other media" button on the right side under the comment field? It should give you an option "Insert image from URL". Then there's a pop up and you just copy and paste the image URL into that, click on "Insert into post" and Bob's your uncle. :icon_wink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MsRajeshFowlerCooper said:

I have several proposals I would like to happen in my head.  One of which is that Sheldon told the Spockumentary people to include the proposal in the movie, like in the writing that happens at the end of some movies.  A black screen will appear that says, "Dr. Sheldon Cooper and his girlfriend reunited after this was filmed.  He is going to ask her to marry him right now," at which point he takes out a ring in real time at the movie theater where he and Amy are watching the premier.  

This way we get to see Amy watch Sheldon's reaction to losing her. 

Sheldon can talk about how he never wants to lose her again, which would be a way to enter the conversation.  

Sheldon can talk about how Amy made him feel more emotions, less like Spock.  

The film is supposed to premier in Los Angeles sometime in early May, so it would line up perfectly. 

This is soooooooo beautiful yet so not gonna happen in the show:girlsmile:. Someone should write a fanfic about it!

• Like 3

Loads of potential ideas for the writers if he does pop the question. Some good ones suggested on here as well.

The Coffee Shop where they first met? In front of the rest of the gang as without Howard and Raj they may have never met in the first place? At her workplace? A second attempt via Skype (man I hope not!)

I just hope it comes off as very romantic whatever they decide. I don't think it would be OOC for Sheldon do something special, his character has come a long way.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jonny83 said:

Loads of potential ideas for the writers if he does pop the question. Some good ones suggested on here as well.

The Coffee Shop where they first met? In front of the rest of the gang as without Howard and Raj they may have never met in the first place? At her workplace? A second attempt via Skype (man I hope not!)

I just hope it comes off as very romantic whatever they decide. I don't think it would be OOC for Sheldon do something special, his character has come a long way.

The coffee shop where they met would be my #1.  Also thought of the roof of the apartment building, decorated with lights like it was for prom, but just for the two of them. 

2 hours ago, MsRajeshFowlerCooper said:

I have several proposals I would like to happen in my head.  One of which is that Sheldon told the Spockumentary people to include the proposal in the movie, like in the writing that happens at the end of some movies.  A black screen will appear that says, "Dr. Sheldon Cooper and his girlfriend reunited after this was filmed.  He is going to ask her to marry him right now," at which point he takes out a ring in real time at the movie theater where he and Amy are watching the premier.  

Sheldon can talk about how he never wants to lose her again, which would be a way to enter the conversation.  

The film is supposed to premier in Los Angeles sometime in early May, so it would line up perfectly. 

IRL, the creators of the documentary would have cut everything after Sheldon showing them the napkin.  But I could still see them all going to see the finished product and after it's over, Sheldon explaining the Amy the part that was cut....leading to a proposal. 

(For The Love of Spock will premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival in NYC on April 16.  If the distribution rights are purchased, it will get a chance at a wider release)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Frustrated Sheldon is funny.

:rofl:

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that everyone should eat tapioca. Pure, with cheese, chocolate, whatever. If Sheldon had one, he wouldn't feel that way lol
About the proposal: I like the idea of him proposing her without realizing it and then, bang! It would be really cute. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

The coffee shop where they met would be my #1.  Also thought of the roof of the apartment building, decorated with lights like it was for prom, but just for the two of them. 

IRL, the creators of the documentary would have cut everything after Sheldon showing them the napkin.  But I could still see them all going to see the finished product and after it's over, Sheldon explaining the Amy the part that was cut....leading to a proposal. 

(For The Love of Spock will premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival in NYC on April 16.  If the distribution rights are purchased, it will get a chance at a wider release)

I should have phrased it differently.  The first time it's showing in LA (and Boston, NYC, and Chicago) is supposed to be at the beginning of May at special events for Kickstarter backers.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MsRajeshFowlerCooper said:

Just coming on here to say this is so perfect but sadly soooo unlikely. haha

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Maddie said:

And then it happens just like that. In a quiet moment where they are just doing what they love, what first brought them together.

Maybe he could fit it into a game of Counterfactuals.

SHELDON: "In a world where we are married, where would we live?"

AMY: "I beg your pardon?"

SHELDON: "Amy Farrah Fowler, will you marry me?"

AMY: (holding her hand to her mouth) "Oh my God, YES".

17 hours ago, Jonny83 said:

How about in the Movie Theater, using a quadruple negative? :icon_biggrin: 

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Maybe he could fit it into a game of Counterfactuals.

SHELDON: "In a world where we are married, where would we live?"

AMY: "I beg your pardon?"

SHELDON: "Amy Farrah Fowler, will you marry me?"

AMY: (holding her hand to her mouth) "Oh my God, YES".

How about in the Movie Theater, using a quadruple negative? :icon_biggrin: 

Counterfactuals would be awesome :)

• Like 5