[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

I melted on ..I ´m here for you... and baby steps I guess, you did it..I´m proud of you......ohh so lovely... Amy is such a nice girlfriend...

Also love the I signed one before we slept together.. Why not now...  We just need a tiny physical touch to have a great clousure...maybe next episode  (keep telling myself this for a while... why can´t writers give us something like that....)

• Like 8

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

Episode was perfection!! So close, so connected, his emotional confession, her amazing support, flirting in the tag, Amy was desperate as some thought...it was perfect and had huge growth for both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I really liked this episode, I didn't fast-forward once! :D It did feel like there was handholding or something missing, but what can you do? After 9.10 and 9.11 I expected that it would be like this for quite a while. Besides, the ep had enough great things as it is! I loved how supportive Amy was, loved Sheldon admitting that he was glad he told her and also loved that they both felt closer to each other after that. I also liked the fact that Sheldon mentioned the contract just as they left the apartment so it didn't interfere with the rest of the ep. Nevertheless, I didn't have a problem with it. The hoarding was an enormous secret (probably Sheldon's biggest secret), Sheldon has a thing for contracts and by the end of the ep it felt like it wasn't a big deal anyway.

I have to say though, I found Sheldon throwing the ball back in stupid. I mean, just pull the plug S for once! :D

I also liked the tag. Amy soo clearly wants to do it again! But the writers keep playing coy with Sheldon. I guess he was really excited about his laptop! :D

Oh, one more thing: An apology AND a thank you? Wow!

Edited by Judith
  • Like 8

I'm so envy of Leonard and Howard watching a Suicide Squad test session. So much. Maybe they saw the reshoots that WB made to add more humor to the story (Harley Quinn has the funniest lines IMO, I don't know why they did it, but ok then lol)

I was shocked when I saw a guitar at the storage but then I realized it was a Rock Band guitar. Then I got less shocked. Did anyone else kept looking for cool/weird/unusual things at the background or it was just me?

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

I'm so envy of Leonard and Howard watching a Suicide Squad test session. So much. Maybe they saw the reshoots that WB made to add more humor to the story (Harley Quinn has the funniest lines IMO, I don't know why they did it, but ok then lol)

I was shocked when I saw a guitar at the storage but then I realized it was a Rock Band guitar. Then I got less shocked. Did anyone else kept looking for cool/weird/unusual things at the background or it was just me?

I did, and sadly saw some things from my long ago childhood that I have stored in  the attic, like the box for the Mego old Star Trek Bridge playset! and before anyone asks, im not hoarding lol!

• Like 3

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/sheldon-and-amy-prove-big-bang-theory-can-mature-g-234646

This review is full of Shamy-cuteness....

Good episode, I liked it! Loved the Shamy part, the first scenes were hilarious and the "heavy" stuff was tender. Amy handled the whole situation so well, she was supporting but not condescending all over the episode and, oh boy,  she knows how to get an apology out of him, when she feels he owes her one, "whatch", if you don't believe me, LOL! The tag was funny, I like the "casual" way they Skype now from Sheldon's bedroom and how he was lying in his bed, he looked so comfortable in doing it...And all the teasing...I don't know where all this is going or if it is going anywhere, but in this particular episode it was hilarious and 100% not-mean towards Amy...Actually, I liked also the b-plot, it was drama-free and cheerful, I think it was the right counterpart to the "deeper" Shamy plot.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, cutiepie said:

after seeing the episode a couple of times, I finally understand Sheldon's email :pardon:

"Dear Amy, could you please drive me to the train store sometime tomorrow?"

I love how after all these years he still emails her and uses such a formal tone lol. It reminds me of Shamy in season 4. 

• Like 3

I dont think will be related to the wedding...blv will be something new. .

Im excited since Zack can mess with both couples at the same time...maybe jealous will be the trigger to open Sheldon emotions towards Amy again and can bring something  new to Lenny as well...

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, xjax said:

I dont think will be related to the wedding...blv will be something new. .

Im excited since Zack can mess with both couples at the same time...maybe jealous will be the trigger to open Sheldon emotions towards Amy again and can bring something  new to Lenny as well...

hoooou :p

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, xjax said:

I agree 100% with this! :good2:

Amy found Zack attractive, I'd love it if Sheldon got all jealous and protective and this was the little push he needs to be more affectionate with her physically :kissing:. (No angst whatsoever, though!) 

• Like 4

I have to say that I love the episode! It contained so much Shamy sweetness and heart melting moments.

Boy, the box with the new laptop was handy! For a moment I thought that Amy would drop it, because it was so bulky and heavy. LOL

It was so tender how Amy treated the old/new laptop and the storage issue.
Sheldon was really fighting with himself,  whether he should tell Amy about the storage or not. I felt so bad for him!

And Amy wasn´t expecting this at all, she was searching for the adequate words, because she knew how hard it was for him to confess her that. She was so comprehensive and sensitive with him. I was near to cry, when I saw him struggling with his inner demons, whether he should tell her about his weak point or not, but when he told her how he feels when he has to throw something away, I couldn´t hold my tears back and let them running. I love these moments, when the writers let us enter into Sheldon´s head, because they feel so intimate, because he´s not only sharing them with Amy, but with us, the Shamy fandom as well. I feel so thankful for it!

I was clapping into my hands enthusiastically, when he wanted to throw the golf ball away, but then I felt disappointed when I found out that he didn´t do it and that he was even hiding it from Amy. I guess it´s still a long way for Sheldon to work on that, but I´m sure that Amy will support him on that as well, like she always does. I just hope that we get to see a little bit of this process, before this sitcom ends one day.

Their little talk at the kitchen island later was so hilarious!I laughed so hard, when Sheldon said that there´s still time before bed time and wiggled with his eyebrows and Amy replied in that sexy voice: "What do you have in mind?"
I want more of that for future episodes!
The whole atmosphere in Sheldon´s bedroom was so intimate. I felt my cheeks blushing when Sheldon said: "You look amazing!", while his sparkling eyes were gazing at the monitor. SO SEXY!
But what really cracked me, was his goofy acting, while he was saying: "I know!" It made me laugh like a 14 years old girl. LOL
He was really enjoying the fact, that Amy looked so real that he could touch her, but that he couldn´t do it, because she was not there.

• Like 8

Just another example of the growth in their relationship that Sheldon revealed his secret. Like I said previously when I heard about the hoarding it would have to come out eventually and better now than if for example they were actually married.

Amy looked a bit shocked and overwhelmed but then considered this must have taken a lot for Sheldon to admit and that he needed support. Thought she played the surprised but supportive role well.

I think the episode highlighted he is really scared of losing her. Early on in their relationship I recall episodes when Sheldon said Amy is going to leave me or that she deserves better (which came true), he's lost her once for a brief time and he doesn't want that to happen again. You could see the look on his face when he showed her the storage unit, he thought there was a chance she might run to the hills or it might be over again, he actually looked defeated.

But their relationship is stronger than ever and she reacted as a supportive girlfriend in love would.

I know Parsons has called for more sexy time between their characters and I think it will likely happen again before her next birthday. But the writers are going to crank up that sexual tension to great heights before they do. If the writers don't want to go that far for a while (the constant battle about how quickly they change Sheldon) maybe we could see more hand holding, kissing or cuddling between them. Sheldon went as far as he could go on a intimacy level with Amy and enjoyed it, surely lesser physical contact such as mentioned above would be less of a problem for him now? 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Judith said:

I didn't think Amy was desperate or Sheldon was non-caring. I knew though that some people would. Boy, this forum has taught me a lot :icon_razz:

Sheldon was just very excited for his laptop and it's IC for him to do such an obnoxious thing as send Amy home just so he can try it out. I also thought that maybe it was closure for him. As for Amy, wanting to have sex with your boyfriend isn't desperation. :)

exactly!  I was stunned when I saw some "rants" this AM...

1 minute ago, April said:

LOL this also had me facepalm like "jfc Sheldon why do you say these things?? lol" but I will say this though: If nothing else I liked that it wasn't played as a "Amy is ugly and needs to change that" joke like it is with the girls and waxing/eyebrows plucking situations. He's just matter of fact about it (yeah, people have hair in their noses, even women, shocker!) and not grossed out like Penny would be. Heck, he's so giddy about the simple prospect of seeing so much detail of her - I can't really be mad at this stupid joke! "Well, as long as you're happy..." - "OH I AM! :D" What a dork!

exactly!!  I mean...its Sheldon, it was fine.  And played perfectly.  He was so excited

• Like 6

continuing cause I need to  get it out cause I'm too excited about this ep : D

- I think when they enter the storage both of Mayim's and Jim's performances are priceless and Emmy worthy... Everytime I watch their scene I'm speechless again... And I love how the audience was so silent

- I get why Sheldon is embarrassed, and I'm so feeling for him, but I honestly can't understand why Amy needs a moment... I mean idk, maybe I'm just too open-minded about everything? But if I found out my bf or a close family member has a storage room like that, I don't think I would really care that much tbh! To me hoarding is only a problem if you keep it all in your apartment. 

- Come on, sporting equipment is exaggeration. He played paintball. They played quidditch : ) He definitely has more sporting equipment than a golf ball.

- while I'm feeling for Sheldon, and I TOTALLY love his general arrogance, I'm happy there's finally SOMETHING that can make him think less of him. I mean I love him and I want him to be happy, but I'm happy there's at least smth that doesn't make him feel like superior to EVERYONE : )

- And the fact that he acknoledges that he's a fraud... I wouldn't call him a fraud, but again I just think it shows growth on his part he admits that [to himself and even to Amy!]

- love the look he gives her when he says it's still a couple of hours before his bed time!!! If only he gave her that look about smth else as well lol.

- I didn't mind that he sent her away in the tag, but I didn't like how happy/hyper he was about not being able to touch her... It was like my only complaint about this ep. Now Kerry's words above made me think, I think probably his joy doesn't mean he doesn't wanna touch Amy, but in general, he still doesn't like to touch other people, and just interact with people in general irl, so I'll choose to think he's expressing his joy in the fact now it is possible to see a person so clear like they're here, while being physically away from them... And that Amy is his exception, it's just that he finds it out through Amy, cause she's the first person he wanted to see on skype in 4K on his new laptop : )

Anyway, sooooooo happy Shamy finally have a long plot and like 10 mins of screentime just with each other in 1 episode! I missed it.

Edited by brilliantfool
  • Like 9

The thing is, some people confuse obliviousness with rejection. I haven't seen Sheldon reject Amy/withhold affection from her once after the reconciliation. And I've only seen happy Amy so far. It's just that the writers are taking advantage of this character trait of Sheldon's to prolong the inevitable. :D I'll say though, Amy did look a bit bummed at the end of this ep, which I'm going to let slide because she didn't even push him - she just misunderstood his intent - and, well, I can't fault a girl for wanting to get laid :D. It looks like she's hoping for more - again, that's not desperation - and tries to throw little clues here and there without actually putting him on the spot. We just have to wait for them to finally address this and learn what has been Sheldon's mindset all this time.

I've read comments here about how they've taken too long to address this and that even when they do, it will be too late for it to not be clumsy, but I don't think this is neccesarily true. It will depend on how they handle it - these writers can be very creative and original when they want (only one poster guessed that Meemaw would reveal the ring to Amy and that was only after the script cover was revealed!). And I'm willing to be patient and wait before I make a final judgement.

• Like 7