Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sudden random thought of episode: Considering how Sheldon couldn't even throw away "old ziplock bags" the fact that he threw away the box is a step in the right direction. A small step—but a step nonetheless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • April

    1081

  • A Shamy gal

    1037

  • jenafan

    1018

  • Amy Fowler

    969

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am intrigued by the idea that Zack may cause a bit of trouble for both Shamy and Lenny. I REALLY like the suggestion that he could inspire jealousy in Sheldon, resulting in him...ahem...decidedly marking his territory (for lack of a better phrase). Of course I know Amy is not his "possession" or anything. But I do LOVE Jelly Shelly, so I'm rooting for that kind of plot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also in regards to the tag scene: I simply saw it as his excitement of the technology in a "It looks like I can touch you—even though I can't!" way not so much a "this is great that I don't have to touch you" way. 

Also:

The way he as laying in bed

The fact he was skyping in his bed

The way he says "you look amazing" 

Headcannon: those two had interesting conversations that night. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Jedichic98 said:

Sudden random thought of episode: Considering how Sheldon couldn't even throw away "old ziplock bags" the fact that he threw away the box is a step in the right direction. A small step—but a step nonetheless. 

That struck me too, Jedichic98. Throwing away a box is a significant step. You never know what a box might come in useful for and it's very tempting to save every one. He's going to need to find another one now to stop the ball rolling around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

That struck me too, Jedichic98. Throwing away a box is a significant step. You never know what a box might come in useful for and it's very tempting to save every one. He's going to need to find another one now to stop the ball rolling around.

Oh I know very well how tempting it can be. I always keep old shoe boxes and when my mom says "What do you need that box for?" I tend to repsond, "...Well nothing yet." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, brilliantfool said:



Just one non-Shamy thought :  finally with the subtitles I understand what the hell is 'solder'!! I was sure it was 'soder' which didn't make any sense.

Don't blame you, brilliantfool.  I'm English and I didn't know what 'sodder' was until the subtitles were available. We pronounce the first syllable as 'sold' (sounds like the past tense of sell ) and the speech  in that scene wasn't clear enough to guess what it was from the context. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, veejay said:

:shy: ^^^                 LOL

  s_22.gif

Thank you so much for posting it Veejay! I love his excitement so much, he´s so adorable! I wish we would see more of that! He´s so cute!

What I love about Shamy is that even after all these years they still enjoy each other´s company. Just look at yesterday´s episode:

First they skyped, then they met at Sheldon´s, then they went to the storage and then they spent the rest of the evening skyping together.

They just can´t get enough of each other and I love it! :giveheart:

 

Edited by Desdemona

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I read about the tag scene in the TR I was worried it would turn out to be one of those 'desperate Amy and oblivious Sheldon' awful moments, and after watching it I can't still make up my mind about it.

Do I like the fact that he sends her away? No, not at all. I hoped that Sheldon would realize in that moment that skyping couldn't compare to having her close to him and being able to touch her, so quoting brilliantfool: 'I didn't like how happy/hyper he was about not being able to touch her'.

On the other hand...

amazing_01.PNG

Look at the way he looks at her! And what about the way he says 'You look amazing?':heat: Last season I'd never would have dared to hope that we'd see them like this, they've come so far! The problem (at least for someone as impatient as myself) is that they're teasing us mercilessly with this lack of physical contact and building our anticipation. Tptb seem intent on milking this for all it's worth and I only hope I'm still sane by the time they decide to deal with this, because this frustration is driving me nuts.:girlwah:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In 8.1 Sheldon shares with Amy that he was afraid of her being disappointed in him when he took that train ride to run from his problems. And like Sheldon admits in last night's episode, he professes to be superior to everyone all the time yet he has that dark secret. Not to mention that his string theory research was given up due to lack of progress, and that his gf Amy left him in 9.1 for 9 episodes lol...talk about your vulnerable Sheldon. It was a tough decision to open up to her when your heart of hearts believes this would be yet another reason for your gf to be disappointed in you. Good for Sheldon!

I of course enjoyed the episode. it's been a few weeks since I saw it during a taping so I really enjoyed the second viewing. I liked how our new Amy these days didn't let Sheldon's whining about the new laptop phase her, she let him vent for a while then put an end to it with the "WH" bit lol. She gets an apology and an appreciative Sheldon afterwards. Old Amy would have turned up the shrill and stormed out. Good for you Amy!

April and brilliantfool have echoed my sentiments nicely so I'll leave it at that! Hey folks, the BigBear cabin trip is up next and you'll love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kerrycec03 said:

have to add....because I see on other social medias some felt the tag placed desperate Amy and non-caring Sheldon to us again (which I strongly disagree with).  Can we PLEASE highlight that what Sheldon wanted to do right away with his "extra hours before bedtime" is play with his new toy (SO IC) and Skype with Amy!  Not play games, not search the web, not do research, not stream, BUT Skype with Amy!!  This makes me have such huge feels!!!  And Amy wasn't desperate, she was like "seriously".......and it was hysterical and so IC.

 

Honestly this episode was like Mars last year but even better.  They clearly are so connected!!

And of course we don't know whether he followed up with a suggestion that he go round to her place and join her other than on Skype. :)

Edited by joyceraye
keyboard needs spelling lessons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Ranger Rosa said:

I'm so envy of Leonard and Howard watching a Suicide Squad test session. So much. Maybe they saw the reshoots that WB made to add more humor to the story (Harley Quinn has the funniest lines IMO, I don't know why they did it, but ok then lol)

I was shocked when I saw a guitar at the storage but then I realized it was a Rock Band guitar. Then I got less shocked. Did anyone else kept looking for cool/weird/unusual things at the background or it was just me?

I saw the guitar too and also found it odd.  I didn't realize it was a Rock Band guitar, but that would make a lot more sense.  I was trying to find the ventriloquist doll that appeared in Mayim's Instagram picture of her and Jim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Esteben Feynman said:

In the tag scene, with the way that Amy looks, Sheldon might want to be glad that she isn't with him. She looks like if she was, she'd punch him. Lol. I known I'd want to too if I was told to leave just so we could talk through a computer. Lol. :)

Lol. Imagine if that laptop becomes Amy's competition :D

18 minutes ago, chipmunk1 said:

When I read about the tag scene in the TR I was worried it would turn out to be one of those 'desperate Amy and oblivious Sheldon' awful moments, and after watching it I can't still make up my mind about it.

Do I like the fact that he sends her away? No, not at all. I hoped that Sheldon would realize in that moment that skyping couldn't compare to having her close to him and being able to touch her, so quoting brilliantfool: 'I didn't like how happy/hyper he was about not being able to touch her'.

On the other hand...

amazing_01.PNG

Look at the way he looks at her! And what about the way he says 'You look amazing?':heat: Last season I'd never would have dared to hope that we'd see them like this, they've come so far! The problem (at least for someone as impatient as myself) is that they're teasing us mercilessly with this lack of physical contact and building our anticipation. Tptb seem intent on milking this for all it's worth and I only hope I'm still sane by the time they decide to deal with this, because this frustration is driving me nuts.:girlwah:

I took it as Sheldon being over the moon that the laptop had such high resolution (or whatever) that it made Amy look like she was there, yet she wasn't...

But yes, I'm counting on one of the next sweeps episodes, otherwise I may end up having to be admitted over all this anticipation :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, chipmunk1 said:

 

Look at the way he looks at her! And what about the way he says 'You look amazing?':heat: Last season I'd never would have dared to hope that we'd see them like this, they've come so far! The problem (at least for someone as impatient as myself) is that they're teasing us mercilessly with this lack of physical contact and building our anticipation. Tptb seem intent on milking this for all it's worth and I only hope I'm still sane by the time they decide to deal with this, because this frustration is driving me nuts.:girlwah:

Whatever TPTB are doing, it's clearly working! Here we are, still talking about it and waiting for what's next...It's more or less what happened during the break up, of course on a much more positive circumstance right now; each episode up to 9.10 dealt in a way or the other with that subject, whether it was a simple remark or a big development; they did not let the fandom forget for a moment about it, and there were times I remember we were all begging for a Shamy-drama-free episode back then. But that strategy kept us hooked to the show and created  big expectations. Now, I don't know if and when we will be rewarded, and I get that for some of us the reward might not be tempting enough, but I recognize the pattern. They are good at their job, which is making the audience watch the show....

Anyway, I see plenty of oblivious Sheldon in this episode, but I don't see (and I'm glad of it, of course) any of desperate Amy. She was sitting at the kitchen isle, drinking her tea and expressing her happiness for the fact both felt they are emotionally closer now. Then, after Sheldon (and by extension, the writers) teased her, she was sent home to test a Skype call. Of course she was pissed...Everything was very IC for both of them, IMO.  Anyhow, Sheldon skyping from his bed, his eye-coitus and the way he laid in bed were very intimate and even sexy. It's not what we want right now, I know; but I still see progress in all of it...

Edited by mirs1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Whatever TPTB are doing, it's clearly working! Here we are, still talking about it and waiting for what's next...It's more or less what happened during the break up, of course on a much more positive circumstance right now; each episode up to 9.10 dealt in a way or the other with that subject, whether it was a simple remark or a big development; they did not let the fandom forget for a moment about it, and there were times I remember we were all begging for a Shamy-drama-free episode back then. But that strategy kept us hooked to the show and created  big expectations. Now, I don't know if and when we will be rewarded, and I get that for some of us the reward might not be tempting enough, but I recognize the pattern. They are good at their job, which is making the audience watch the show....

Anyway, I see plenty of oblivious Sheldon in this episode, but I don't see (and I'm glad of it, of course) any of desperate Amy. She was sitting at the kitchen isle, drinking her tea and expressing her happiness for the fact both felt they are emotionally closer now. Then, after Sheldon (and by extension, the writers) teased her, she was sent home to test a Skype call. Of course she was pissed...Everything was very IC for both of them, IMO.  Anyhow, Sheldon skyping from his bed, his eye-coitus and the way he laid in bed were very intimate and even sexy. It's not what we want right now, I know; but I still see progress in all of it...

I like how at the beginning of Skyp Amy says something like "Did I really have to go home for this?", you just know Sheldon had to beg and give her a "pleeeeease" like he did when he wanted Amy to smell the fake squirting flower he wore in an episode. Amy is still a push over for a pleading Sheldon and I like it. And yeah, she was disappointed and annoyed that Sheldons flirtatious proposal over tea resulted in Skype, not romance, it was funny to see her sarcasm and his oblivious giddiness at it all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, brilliantfool said:



- I get why Sheldon is embarrassed, and I'm so feeling for him, but I honestly can't understand why Amy needs a moment...

Amy hadn't been told where they were going or why. Goodness only knows what Amy was imagining about what she was going to be shown that was connected with the old laptop and about which Sheldon had hitherto been secretive  - and now was about to reveal only to her.  In her shoes I'd have been terrified. When Sheldon announced a split second before the lights came on that it was his fortress of shame  her mind would be working overtime. It must have been quite a relief to find out it was a well-organised collection of  assorted possessions, nothing more than a geneeza.  She needed to collect herself and recover from whatever she'd been afraid of.

It was also a reminder to me that Amy is herself somewhere on whatever neurological spectrum Sheldon is. She's getting more socially aware and generally maturing, developing an idea of what's acceptable  - helped no doubt by her speciality -  to the world,  but she's still got problems of her own.

Edited by joyceraye
grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

 

It was also a reminder to me that Amy is herself somewhere on whatever neurological spectrum Sheldon is. She's getting more socially aware and generally maturing, developing an idea of what's acceptable  - helped no doubt by her speciality -  to the world,  but she's still got problems of her own.

THIS..this is key to me.  Remember Amy knows the brain, conditions and disorders.  She probably is fully aware of what organized hoarding is.  She knows he is on the spectrum already to some degree.  We've seen only her be able to point out his OCD at least twice.  She realizes this "fortress of shame" is a condition in a way.  Hence why she asks tenderly and smartly later "why do you feel the need to keep all this stuff" rather than the traditional "dude, you need to dump this junk"....

Its important to recognize she accepts he for what he is 100%. 

Edited by kerrycec03

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:
7 hours ago, chipmunk1 said:

Amy found Zack attractive

True, but she passed him up, due to his lack of intelligence.

I can't see Sheldon feeling threatened by Zack.

I don't think Amy would be attracted to him now. When she saw his blank, ape-like expression she decided to adopt the Vulcan practice of kolinahr, so I'm sure that she wouldn't have any interest in him. Yes, she might still think he's a handsome guy, but in a purely matter-of-fact way.

Sheldon wasn't jealous at all in 'The Thanksgiving Decoupling' when he saw him, but things have changed. I think that the fact that he's been intimate with her adds an element that wasn't there before. He knows for a fact that Amy was sexually attracted to Zack in the past. Before her, sex was something alien to his world, but now he's discovered carnal desire with her. He's shared this intimate, emotional experience with her (and let's not forget that eidetic memory of his, he remembers every single moment!:icon_cheesygrin:), so I wouldn't be surprised if his possessive, jealous side was awakened by this man his 'little lady' had been attracted to in the past. It wouldn't be a rational reaction, but one purely instinctive and emotional.

I know that Zack's appearance in the episode will most likely involve Lenny only, but I'm waiting for something that puts an end to the lack of physical contact between Sheldon and Amy, and imo Zack could be the one who sets things in motion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

,

Anyway, I see plenty of oblivious Sheldon in this episode, but I don't see (and I'm glad of it, of course) any of desperate Amy.

I loved Amy's neutral facial expression and tone of voice when she asked, 'What do you have in mind ?' when he was wriggling his eyebrows so suggestively. She was showing no flirtatiousness and no expectation. Her bloke had had a big day : a bereavement, a big relationship step involving a confession and the emotional step of the acceptance of a gift, an important gift at that. The chances were he wanted to play with the latter.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.