[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

4 hours ago, chipmunk1 said:

I don't think Amy would be attracted to him now. When she saw his blank, ape-like expression she decided to adopt the Vulcan practice of kolinahr, so I'm sure that she wouldn't have any interest in him. Yes, she might still think he's a handsome guy, but in a purely matter-of-fact way.

Sheldon wasn't jealous at all in 'The Thanksgiving Decoupling' when he saw him, but things have changed. I think that the fact that he's been intimate with her adds an element that wasn't there before. He knows for a fact that Amy was sexually attracted to Zack in the past. Before her, sex was something alien to his world, but now he's discovered carnal desire with her. He's shared this intimate, emotional experience with her (and let's not forget that eidetic memory of his, he remembers every single moment!:icon_cheesygrin:), so I wouldn't be surprised if his possessive, jealous side was awakened by this man his 'little lady' had been attracted to in the past. It wouldn't be a rational reaction, but one purely instinctive and emotional.

I know that Zack's appearance in the episode will most likely involve Lenny only, but I'm waiting for something that puts an end to the lack of physical contact between Sheldon and Amy, and imo Zack could be the one who sets things in motion.

Amy was not attracted to Zack in the thanksgiving episode. And if she is attracted to Zack, then too bad for her because Sheldon is cute, super smart  and awesome. Sex is overrated and not everything needs to be about that. It somehow diminishes how much Sheldon has opened up to her, emotionally.

I  hope that the writers can come up with an sweet innovative reason to make Sheldon/Amy have sex again- just like the Opening Night Excitation(9x11). I don't want it to be boring old cliche jealousy  reason. I don't want it to be so crude.  Sheldon has so many struggles, as it is, it just seems cruel.  Its something I realized  after watching the hoarding episode yesterday.

Edited by Serena_nyc1995
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Serena_nyc1995 said:

Amy was not attracted to Zack in the thanksgiving episode. And if she is attracted to Zack, then too bad for her because then that would make her just like any average person, because Sheldon is cute, super smart  and awesome. Sex is overrated and not everything needs to be about that. It somehow diminishes how much Sheldon has opened up to her, emotionally.

I  hope that the writers can come up with an sweet innovative reason to make Sheldon/Amy have sex again- just like the Opening Night Excitation(9x11). It don't want it to be boring old cliche jealousy  reason. I don't want it to be so crude.  Sheldon has so many struggles, as it is, it just seems cruel.  Its something I realized  after watching the hoarding episode yesterday.

I love jealous Sheldon but now I feel bad :D

• Like 1

Are you kidding me? They're not gonna have sex again because Zack shows up in the next episode and Amy still finds him attractive so Sheldon gets jealous...That'll be horrible. Yes Amy may seem a little bit horny or whatever you call it. But since she and Sheldon become a couple, he is the only one she desires. Give the girl some credit, please. She just bought her man a ridiculously expensive computer and was so kind and understanding and supportive when he told her his secret. I don't know what more she has to do for people to have faith in her.

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Serena_nyc1995 said:
4 hours ago, chipmunk1 said:

I don't think Amy would be attracted to him now. When she saw his blank, ape-like expression she decided to adopt the Vulcan practice of kolinahr, so I'm sure that she wouldn't have any interest in him. Yes, she might still think he's a handsome guy, but in a purely matter-of-fact way.

Sheldon wasn't jealous at all in 'The Thanksgiving Decoupling' when he saw him, but things have changed. I think that the fact that he's been intimate with her adds an element that wasn't there before. He knows for a fact that Amy was sexually attracted to Zack in the past. Before her, sex was something alien to his world, but now he's discovered carnal desire with her. He's shared this intimate, emotional experience with her (and let's not forget that eidetic memory of his, he remembers every single moment!:icon_cheesygrin:), so I wouldn't be surprised if his possessive, jealous side was awakened by this man his 'little lady' had been attracted to in the past. It wouldn't be a rational reaction, but one purely instinctive and emotional.

I know that Zack's appearance in the episode will most likely involve Lenny only, but I'm waiting for something that puts an end to the lack of physical contact between Sheldon and Amy, and imo Zack could be the one who sets things in motion.

Amy was not attracted to Zack in the thanksgiving episode. And if she is attracted to Zack, then too bad for her because then that would make her just like any average person, because Sheldon is cute, super smart  and awesome. Sex is overrated and not everything needs to be about that. It somehow diminishes how much Sheldon has opened up to her, emotionally.

It wasn't my intention at all to imply that she was attracted to him in the thanksgiving episode. Amy felt attraction in 'Alien Parasite' when she first met Zack, but his 'ape-like' expression killed that in a second. Imo, though, that doesn't mean that she can't think that he's a handsome man. In any case, I have no doubts whatsoever that Sheldon and Amy are like two halves of the same whole. They complement each other, they understand each other, they make each other happy, and I don't want anything (or anyone) to come between them.

Sex is overrated and not everything needs to be about that. It somehow diminishes how much Sheldon has opened up to her, emotionally.

I agree that not everything needs to be about sex. I do wish Sheldon would show more physical affection, but that's my personal preference. I'm not even talking about sex, I'd be fine with him holding her hand or caressing her cheek or whatever. Just little warm touches. Ok, I'd love it if turned out that he was suppressing his urges and something gave him the push to open up to her physically (and the ptb are teasing us with this issue, so I want to think we're gonna have some kind of resolution sooner or later), but I'd be fine as long as both Sheldon and Amy were happy and on the same page.:wink:

1 hour ago, Judith said:

I  hope that the writers can come up with an sweet innovative reason to make Sheldon/Amy have sex again- just like the Opening Night Excitation(9x11). It don't want it to be boring old cliche jealousy  reason. I don't want it to be so crude.  Sheldon has so many struggles, as it is, it just seems cruel.  Its something I realized  after watching the hoarding episode yesterday.

I love jealous Sheldon but now I feel bad :D

Yes, I kind of feel bad too, but I loved his 'she's not for you!' to Leonard.

Besides, Amy has struggles too. She has been pushed aside her whole life, and I want her to be fully happy. I want to see both of them fully happy and satisfied with their relationship. When I knew about Zack's appearance in the next episode I though it would be a good way to shake things up for Shamy, but if like Serena_myc1995 hopes they can come up with a sweet innovative reason to make Sheldon and Amy have sex again, I'm 100% up for it! :good2:

Edited by chipmunk1
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Are you kidding me? They're not gonna have sex again because Zack shows up in the next episode and Amy still finds him attractive so Sheldon gets jealous...That'll be horrible. Yes Amy may seem a little bit horny or whatever you call it. But since she and Sheldon become a couple, he is the only one she desires.

Ok, I'd really like to clarify this issue. I never, not in a million years, think that Amy would be attracted to Zack now. Yes, of course Sheldon is the only one she desires, her other half! :yes:

I only meant that Sheldon might feel protective and jealous when seeing her in the vicinity of a man she'd been sexually attracted to years ago, that's all. I don't know, Zack could show some interest in her or whatever, but Amy would never feel any interest in him now!:icon_eek:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jenafan said:

Who knows, with the NDA, it could be revealed at some point they have been doing it all along and we are just being teased about the are they/aren't they until the writers come up with a way to address it in a way that befits Shamy?

I think this is how tptb are going to end up playing it because so far it can go either way but the longer they drag it out, the more sad and pathetic it would be if it's revealed they haven't done it since her birthday.  Too much time and  opportunities has gone by....New years eve, Valentine's day, Sheldon's birthday, etc.

I also think it makes perfect sense that there's a NDA and that's why nobody talks about it.  And why it would be easy for tptb to come up with a story that would reveal they've been sleeping together.  We just don't hear or see it on screen....yet.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, 2L344 said:

I like how at the beginning of Skyp Amy says something like "Did I really have to go home for this?", you just know Sheldon had to beg and give her a "pleeeeease" like he did when he wanted Amy to smell the fake squirting flower he wore in an episode. Amy is still a push over for a pleading Sheldon and I like it. And yeah, she was disappointed and annoyed that Sheldons flirtatious proposal over tea resulted in Skype, not romance, it was funny to see her sarcasm and his oblivious giddiness at it all!

You are so right on this!

Sheldon is clearly smitten with all the things about Amy that others would simply overlook.   He saves a picture of her with an awkward expression on his laptop.   He is enamored with her fashion sense that resembles his Meemaw's.   I found it odd that he noticed a confetto in her nose after the last Amy Farrah Fowler present with episode, but now it seems he finds her nose, hairs and all, attractive.    It drives me crazy that some try to say Amy is unattractive, but to Sheldon she is beautiful the way she is, and that is what matters.

The fact that Sheldon wanted to send Amy home so he could admire the gift she gave him by admiring her image in the high resolution just speaks volumes, not to mention the fact he did so in his bedroom lying in his bed.   To me, his excitement exceeded any I've ever seen coming from him from writing a contract.

Of course, Amy is Amy.  I bet she has never looked forward to a birthday so anxiously in her life!   I think if she didn't have that guarantee, she might be a little less patient than she is.    Instead, she is just annoyed, and I am glad she is not pressuring him.   It's not desperation.  There is nothing wrong with her letting him know that she is agreeable to him if he changes his mind about waiting.

I think the more Sheldon begins to trust Amy and draws closer to her, the less likely he will continue to hold out, if indeed he is.   We still really don't know.   When Amy told Penny and Bernadette that she knew what it was like for one thing to lead to another and Sheldon was so adamant about getting a vasectomy, I thought for sure these were clues.    However, it does seem now that it has only ever been the one time.  

• Like 9

4 hours ago, jenafan said:

Who knows, with the NDA, it could be revealed at some point they have been doing it all along and we are just being teased about the are they/aren't they until the writers come up with a way to address it in a way that befits Shamy?

Happy that you´re back Jenafan.. I loved yr posts....

This make total sense for me.. the writers were testing the audience to catch reactions after sex..they discuss for years and some fans really blv they would end up together without any physical ....... now they are collecting the public reactions ( which was better than I tought - for regular viewers - and maybe will realize sex did not change Sheldon or Amy personality ) and we will find out they are doing on regular basis (on schedule approved by both parties within 48 hrs in advanced ,...LOL..kidding...)

I want a double cliffhanger.. Shamy/Lenny...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chipmunk1 said:

Ok, I'd really like to clarify this issue. I never, not in a million years, think that Amy would be attracted to Zack now. Yes, of course Sheldon is the only one she desires, her other half! :yes:

I only meant that Sheldon might feel protective and jealous when seeing her in the vicinity of a man she'd been sexually attracted to years ago, that's all. I don't know, Zack could show some interest in her or whatever, but Amy would never feel any interest in him now!:icon_eek:

For the record, this is what I meant too. I did not even remotely think she would be attracted to Zack NOW. That would be horrible.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chipmunk1 said:

If his storyline is related to Shamy somehow, I'd like to see this protective Sheldon. He is hotter when he is jealous.
But IMO Zack has something to do with Lenny. BTW, when this picture was posted? It could be an April Fools' prank, right? Many actors did that this year. I believed in one. Damn it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ranger Rosa said:

But IMO Zack has something to do with Lenny. BTW, when this picture was posted? It could be an April Fools' prank, right? Many actors did that this year. I believed in one. Damn it.

It was posted on March 31, I think it's not a prank. :shy:

• Like 3

Welcome back to the forum Jena! It´s good to have you back!

Sheldon took a big step towards Amy in their relationship. I´m sure that it will be just the beginning. As Amy said, she fels closer to Sheldon after this confession. It will make them stronger as a couple and assure Sheldon that he can trust Amy and that he feels comfortable around her. So comfortable, that he will open up to her more and more. You can already see small results. He feels comfortable and sure enough, to make ambiguous comments towards her and even his body acts more casual and relaxed. Otherwise he wouldn´t have laid on his bed, while he was skyping with Amy. Just compare this pose with his other poses in old episodes. He´s not the wooden man he was and I´m sure that one day, he will get more physical with Amy. I´m just excited to see this progress and I will celebrate every little baby step of it! Of course he will not turn into a sex addict, but I´m sure we will get to see sweet shamy moments of hand holding, hugs, kisses, or just cute Shamynesque confessions , etc.

• Like 8

It doesn't really matter to me anyway if we do or don't see more bed scenes, as long as Shamy are happy that's all that matters. The only reason why we are questioning about it is because we are worried a lack of intimacy might cause them relationship problems especially from Amy's perspective.

But like others have said maybe they have had intimate moments since The Opening Night Excitation it just hasn't been publicized. That would be some twist by the writers and totally plausible.

At the end of the day the way Amy's character has grown if a lack of physical intimacy is getting to her she will bring it up. She loves Sheldon but is not afraid to bring stuff up.

They seem to be very happy at the moment and in love, which is what Shamy fans want to see. Can't wait to see how their relationship progresses and becomes even more stronger.

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 9

53 minutes ago, Jedichic98 said:

Just remember she's: his cute little lump of wool, the hotsy totsy from Glendale, Pretty prom date and most importantly his vixen

And of course, he's "the best boyfriend", and her snuggle bunny.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 6