The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Sheldon and sex can be a problem, because you want to show that he does have interest now, but he often comes across as too horny. It's finding the balance.

Yup! And that's something a several fanfic authors seem to have troubles with. But if they like smut, they're free to do as they wish since it's their story after all.

Now I say this as someone who had had ideas for stories but never really got down to putting it out there.   I would think that S4-5 Amy would be so much more fun to write because get quirkiness was so much more in display.   I find S7 Amy to be more on the boring side and less unique.   Which is why her characterization in S8 was so welcome.   

Anyway,  if the characters are OOC it just pulls me out if the story.   I instance understand taking liberties to write your story but to me I feel it had to be a normal progression I feel the characters would make.  These stories seem to become more fantasy of how people wish the characters were than a representation of who they are.   Not my cup of tea,  but hey,  it is fan fiction and it wonderful creative outlet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, this to me will never be IC for Sheldon no matter how you try to get him there.   I think the way Sheldon shows romance on the show is endearing than watching or reading some clichéd and unrealistic romance novel version of him.  But,  I find that type of stuff off putting anyway.   

But everyone has their own tastes.  Luckily,  the show does a pretty good job of showcasing the type of romance I enjoy seeing.  

Which is why I use season 7 and I write FF... It is my fantasy. I love the way it is showcased on the show. If I did not I would not watch. However I also think it is funny to think of him doing other things while acting like Sheldon. Because I love the show so much these things are fun for me to imagine.. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

About Sheldon dating someone else....wouldn't this just make Amy feel worse?  I  mean she is struggling with whether he puts her first in their relationship.  If she saw him dating someone and, even if just pretending to be happy, wouldn't that just make her feel like he was never really "into" her?   

First and foremost I don't want EITHER to date other people.  I want them to remain unique (as Koops so eloquently stated earlier).   But I also think that having Sheldon date anyone could backfire on his trying to win Amy back (especially if he was trying to make her jealous).   It could end up making her feel she made the right decision breaking-up and having her grieve her loss and moving on.   Big mistake IMO.   

This is precisely why I don't either of them dating anyone else, both would take it the wrong way IMO. 

Edited by A Shamy gal
  • Like 4

NO!!! Rachel is the biggest SHAMY fan!

Relax. I was just joking hence the smiley 

Yeah, they made it clear they have a clause for a breakup in the agreement. There's one in the roommate agreement too. That would be a pretty major oversight by the writers, tbh, which is why I'm hoping that it hasn't been mentioned for a reason. Like I said a while ago, my ideal scenario would be for Sheldon to realize it hasn't been signed, take it to Amy to sign and Amy not being able to bring herself to do it. And maybe we get an indication that she knew all along it hadn't been signed and that she was keeping quiet about it because it made the breakup not official and she never really wanted to terminate the relationship.

Still not fully caught up so I hope this hasn't already been talked to death (lol), but in general I see Sheldon and Amy both as using the RA when it suits their purpose. Sheldon wouldn't bring it up because he's refused to give up. As for Amy...well you've got me there. Maybe just not enough time has passed (it's been like 24 hours since her outburst that they're really broken up) for her to remember. Maybe it's a sign that she's not fully committed to the hasty breakup. Only time will tell I suppose. 

• Like 3

I think the RA hasn't come into play as of episode two because from Sheldon's point of view, he doesn't want any mention of it. He doesn't want the relationship to end as he tries to make Amy jealous with his ham handed attempts of making her jealous. The less mentioned about the RA from his side the better.

Amy on the other hand just wanted a simple time period when she could reflect on her relationship with Sheldon. Instead of getting it she was inundated by a confused, hurt Sheldon, who backed her into a corner and frustrated her into telling him they were truly broken up. I still don't feel that at that point she wanted to go to the extreme of presenting him with the RA termination notice. Again she needed time to settle down and think.

Then Sheldon tries a different approach: jealousy. It sinks like a lead balloon as Amy sees right through it. She is still annoyed but again maybe not to the point of making it "official". The possible tipping point is the FWF fiasco. Not only does he insult her cake making abilities, he compares her genitials to a portion of Czechoslovakia...on a vlog. Not only this, but sends her a link to it saying "This will make you mad".

Boy does it.

When was the last time you felt the need to personally go to someones door and yell at them? Yeah that bad. She is royally pissed off! We may see the RA pop up in episode 3 unless Sheldon can cool it. He is trying but failing miserably. This is why I can see him "using" a woman to get Amy mad. He will have no romantic interest in this woman, she is there as a prop like Penny's bra. I don't see Amy actively seeking a date at this point. She is still going through a lot with this business.

However if TPTB decide she is going to go on a date, which I hope doesn't happen, it doesn't mean that the Shamy is no longer a unique couple. All the quirkiness and one of a kind interactions are swept away with one date? Hogwash. A unicorn plowing a field is still a unicorn.

• Like 2

[snip] Not only this, but sends her a link to it saying "This will make you mad".

Boy does it.

When was the last time you felt the need to personally go to someones door and yell at them? Yeah that bad. She is royally pissed off! [snip]

"This will make you mad".

It's funny (as fiction).

Only Sheldon would do that I think. Very curious to see how this mess will get patched up.

• Like 2

Still not fully caught up so I hope this hasn't already been talked to death (lol),

Musickat, I feel the same way sometimes.   I go offline, and then I come back to several pages of three or four different subjects.   I read through all of them and want to comment, realizing I could be rehashing a subject that died off several hours or days ago.   This is the problem with not being able to be online for 24 hours, but we all need to care for our families, eat, work, sleep, etc.

It is for this reason that I don't participate in any other form of social media.   It is too addicting.  It is bad enough I am absolutely Shamy obsessed.  When TBBT eventually goes off the air, I am going to go through some serious withdrawal of not having any new content to look forward to.

• Like 9

I just want good things for the next episode. Wyatt's appearance is already one good thing but I don't wanna get my hopes up too much. I wanna see Amy's side of things because at this point it's mostly been about Sheldon. Hoping for a funny, lighthearted episode with some sweetness. 

Musickat, I feel the same way sometimes.   I go offline, and then I come back to several pages of three or four different subjects.   I read through all of them and want to comment, realizing I could be rehashing a subject that died off several hours or days ago.   This is the problem with not being able to be online for 24 hours, but we all need to care for our families, eat, work, sleep, etc.

It is for this reason that I don't participate in any other form of social media.   It is too addicting.  It is bad enough I am absolutely Shamy obsessed.  When TBBT eventually goes off the air, I am going to go through some serious withdrawal of not having any new content to look forward to.

I don't have any other social media either. Just this online forum. I am pretty idle these days so I can be online most of the time but I think I'll probably have the same issue as you guys when I start school in a few weeks.

• Like 2

This is the problem with not being able to be online for 24 hours, but we all need to care for our families, eat, work, sleep, etc.

Heheheheheh...

• Like 4

lol Meanwhile I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to keep up with everything everywhere. And then thinking "dangit! I have something to say so I darn well am gonna say it even though it was 3 days and 50 pages ago. *shakes fist*" lol :P

"This will make you mad".

It's funny (as fiction).

Only Sheldon would do that I think. Very curious to see how this mess will get patched up.

you took the words right outta my mouth. Lol

• Like 3

Well, the good thing is that there are a lot of people like us and people on this forum from all over the world and different time zones.   We are not the only ones who are late showing up to the party so-to-speak.  In addition, there are the new members who are getting caught up as well.   I think they appreciate it when a topic is brought back up so they can have a chance to add their own thoughts and learn how the forum works.

I also like to jump over to the other threads, because I am also a Lenny fan, but as Shamy is my favorite, this one gets the most of my attention.   

I am happy to say I am saving a lot of money.   I used to be a shopaholic, but being on this particular thread has quenched my desire to shop because I enjoy using my spare time to read every ones' speculations, opinions, etc.    So, it's not so bad of an addiction.   To me, this is better than fan fiction.   Go Team Shamy!

• Like 5

Well, the good thing is that there are a lot of people like us and people on this forum from all over the world and different time zones.   We are not the only ones who are late showing up to the party so-to-speak.  In addition, there are the new members who are getting caught up as well.   I think they appreciate it when a topic is brought back up so they can have a chance to add their own thoughts and learn how the forum works.

I also like to jump over to the other threads, because I am also a Lenny fan, but as Shamy is my favorite, this one gets the most of my attention.   

I am happy to say I am saving a lot of money.   I used to be a shopaholic, but being on this particular thread has quenched my desire to shop because I enjoy using my spare time to read every ones' speculations, opinions, etc.    So, it's not so bad of an addiction.   To me, this is better than fan fiction.   Go Team Shamy!

Team Shamy indeed! :yes: As frustrating and angering this forum can get at times, I'm still addicted to it :icon_twisted: 

Besides that, I have noticed that there have been quite a few new members (including myself) who have signed up this hiatus.

• Like 3

The possible tipping point is the FWF fiasco. Not only does he insult her cake making abilities, he compares her genitials to a portion of Czechoslovakia...on a vlog. Not only this, but sends her a link to it saying "This will make you mad".

Boy does it.

When was the last time you felt the need to personally go to someones door and yell at them? Yeah that bad. She is royally pissed off!

Just goes to show how much he knows Amy.  He wanted to get her attention, and the fact that she responded to the point of getting into the car and driving to his apartment just to tell him to take the video down, has Sheldon convinced that she still wants him.     It may seem like outright insults from the bits and pieces of spoilers we have received, but on the air, I think we will see some sweetness behind what Sheldon is doing.  

As soon as everything goes silent and she stops responding, then he will have cause to worry, and we will see him taking a different approach.   At the same time, when Sheldon stops communicating with her, I think Amy will realize how much she misses him.   She simply has not been given the chance to do so, yet.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 3

Can someone inform me of when Sheldon says "She wants me"? I think I missed that piece of info.

Team Shamy indeed! :yes: As frustrating and angering this forum can get at times, I'm still addicted to it :icon_twisted: 

Besides that, I have noticed that there have been quite a few new members (including myself) who have signed up this hiatus.

I don't mind debates and differing opinions, but when members start attacking each other and lose the desire to be civil, I just skip through these or give the forum  a rest for a day or two until things calm down.

If you ever see anything that you think is inappropriate, you can report it to the forum administrators for review.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Luna and Musickat.

Can someone inform me of when Sheldon says "She wants me"? I think I missed that piece of info.

http://forum.the-big-bang-theory.com/topic/5988-spoilers-discussion-topic-season-9/?do=findComment&comment=394442

• Like 2

I don't mind debates and differing opinions, but when members start attacking each other and lose the desire to be civil, I just skip through these or give the forum  a rest for a day or two until things calm down.

If you ever see anything that you think is inappropriate, you can report it to the forum administrators for review.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Luna and Musickat.

http://forum.the-big-bang-theory.com/topic/5988-spoilers-discussion-topic-season-9/?do=findComment&comment=394442

Yes it's those aggressive members that make me wanna shoot myself and/or punch them through my computer screen. :icon_twisted:

But other than that, thanks for the link! I like that tag :cheese:

• Like 1

Just goes to show how much he knows Amy.  He wanted to get her attention, and the fact that she responded to the point of getting into the car and driving to his apartment just to tell him to take the video down, has Sheldon convinced that she still wants him.     It may seem like outright insults from the bits and pieces of spoilers we have received, but on the air, I think we will see some sweetness behind what Sheldon is doing.  

As soon as everything goes silent and she stops responding, then he will have cause to worry, and we will see him taking a different approach.   At the same time, when Sheldon stops communicating with her, I think Amy will realize how much she misses him.   She simply has not been given the chance to do so, yet.

I'm so confused. The thing you quoted says I said it but I didn't. o_O

Yeah this forum recently got a redesign and isn't working as well as it used to (for now anyways)

Lol oh well! As for trolls, I either roll my eyes and scroll on or laugh and scroll on. I refuse to feed them with my time or energy. :p And if things get dramatic in general, I also tend to scroll on. Sometimes I reply, sometimes not. *shrug*

I simply prefer a good ole fashioned Shamy discussion and mutual squee-fest. :D

Edited by Musickat18
  • Like 2

Lol oh well! As for trolls, I either roll my eyes and scroll on or laugh and scroll on. I refuse to feed them with my time or energy. :p And if things get dramatic in general, I also tend to scroll on. Sometimes I reply, sometimes not. *shrug*

I simply prefer a good ole fashioned Shamy discussion and mutual squee-fest. :D

Yup! :yes: Constructive criticism is always good and appreciated but when it's outright bashing then I just wanna leave and come back later because frankly I just can't seem to stay away from this forum :icon_razz:.

• Like 1