The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

8 hours ago, mirs1 said:

http://emmy4mayim.tumblr.com/post/142184228096/look-closer-sheldons-fortress-of-shame-s919

Some Easter Eggs in Sheldon's storage...Some of you  guys already found a few of them (and also some that are not in that list)! It''s amazing how many pieces of history are in it, even the Flash costume! 

Thanks for this. I am puzzled now.Why would the writers think someone should throw any of them away ? They are all things that are worth keeping, nothing to be ashamed of storing and taking care of. This stuff to me is definitely not a sign of psychological sewage.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, shamour said:

I was also wondering... since he only got the golf ball as sporting equipment, that means that his hackey sack is still in use to keep in shape, yes? I really like this! Btw, does anyone have a good resolution image (doesn't need to be 4k;-)) of what he was doing on his old laptop before it broke down and they had the memorial service? There were some text screens, but I couldn't read anything on them, and an image of some particle accelerator detector I guess...

19 The Solder Excursion Diversion_04.04.2016, 17.24.30.jpg

...it's difficult to read.  :icon_neutral:

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Thanks for this. I am puzzled now.Why would the writers think someone should throw any of them away ? They are all things that are worth keeping, nothing to be ashamed of storing and taking care of. This stuff to me is definitely not a sign of psychological sewage.

I'm not an expert in the field, but I think the "psychological sewage" comes  from the fact that  when he tries to get rid of something he feels really bad,  something deep inside him gets eaten by dinosaurs.  Maybe the pieces of electronics in there are broken or outdated, the Flash costume and the Data uniform are worn-out or don't suit him any more, but Sheldon can't let them go. His problem is not that he keeps those things, but that even the thought of throwing them away makes him panic.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, mirs1 said:

I'm not an expert in the field, but I think the "psychological sewage" comes  from the fact that  when he tries to get rid of something he feels really bad,  something deep inside him gets eaten by dinosaurs.  Maybe the pieces of electronics in there are broken or outdated, the Flash costume and the Data uniform are worn-out or don't suit him any more, but Sheldon can't let them go.

And while some of the stuff may have worth, either monetary or sentimental, clearly there is junk there too--anyone saving used ziplock bags and old toothbrushes is also saving a whole lot of yuck in there lol...

And bottom line is, like you said, Sheldon himself describes having the problem--one that makes him feel ashamed and has him believe less of himself. This isn't a situation in which an outside source viewed something and rendered judgement on him.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

And while some of the stuff may have worth, either monetary or sentimental, clearly there is junk there too--anyone saving used ziplock bags and old toothbrushes is also saving a whole lot of yuck in there lol...

And bottom line is, like you said, Sheldon himself describes having the problem--one that makes him feel ashamed and has him believe less of himself. This isn't a situation in which an outside source viewed something and rendered judgement on him.

Good points, I get it now : it's how Sheldon feels that's the issue.  Perhaps a place to start recovery might be a second storage unit in which he could place good items that only need storing or archiving. He could get used to moving stuff from the current unit without the discomfort he'd experience from throwing it out. Smaller than a baby step and harmless.

• Like 3

Taping tomorrow guys !!

Cant believe it's only 3 till end of season !!

Do we know if anyone is going ??

• Like 9

2 hours ago, veejay said:

The little image in the left corner, isn´t that the particle accelerator at CERN? Looks like he´s watching a video about it.

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

The little image in the left corner, isn´t that the particle accelerator at CERN? Looks like he´s watching a video about it.

I did a Google search for the CERN supercollider.  It kind of looks like it. 

CERN.PNG

Edited by BigBangEnthusiast
  • Like 1

It´s a possibility, isn´t it? I mean, Sheldon always wanted visit CERN, but when he had the chance to see it with Leonard, he got ill.

Maybe there are news about CERN, Sheldon wanted to read about.

It looks like he opened some files, which contain come illegible information.

And one of these files seem to contain a video of this particle accelerator.

These files could be articles of other scientists, because I see the letters V.F.E. and D. and E. and some names, but I can´t read them.

I know that CERN let collide particles at high speed and that they are trying to collide protons at a speed of 186,411.358 miles in order to generate a big bang. And among these particles that blast around, they hope to find particles that could be similar to dark materia.

I hope I understood everything right, unfortunately my English is not good enough to explain it, I´m sorry! I´m so stupid, sometimes I feel like one of those monkeys that try to stick a square into a round hole. LOL

Some conspirators even say that they will open black holes that either swallow any life on earth or will open the door to other dimensions. (I know this sounds fictional)

It would be great if Sheldon flew to Switzerland with Amy to visit CERN, because he got an offer to work with the LHC. It would be great stuff for a fanfic.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, veejay said:

...Is that the HTML version of Gmail? Is it 2005???

Side note: I know it will never happen, but my god, please let Sheldon go to therapy. 

• Like 1

On 1 April 2016 at 1:57 AM, kazzie said:

Me the whole episode 

tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.jpg

I've had family to stay so I've only just watched this episode :( 

My version of this was more along the lines of "Now _ _ _ _!" (4 letters, 1 vowel :wink:

• Like 5

The episode finally played down here and I have to say I LOVED it. Me, my mom, brother and bestie watched it and even though they aren't as big a Shamy shipper as I am, they all thought it was the closest they've ever seen them. At first I didn't understand the statement, cos in my opinion it wasn't as romantic, as say, Earworm... but then, after reading some of the really insightful and smart observations posted on this thread... it all kind of came together. I was under the impression that in order to achieve romance, there needs to be a physical element, but here, there's just two mature adults,going through a mature adult situation. Maybe I didn't get it at first, because of my age and the way my generation thinks. I think they bonded through this episode and have so much more honesty and trust in their relationship now. Some hand-holding would have been nice... and I think i'd push it by asking for a kiss, but isn't emotional growth in a relationship more important? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but this episode should really have more sentimental value to us as Shamy shippers then a lot othe the other "bigger" episodes. As always, I loved that I could come here and vent my feelings. I love you awesome nerds! 

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Riley7 said:

The episode finally played down here and I have to say I LOVED it. Me, my mom, brother and bestie watched it and even though they aren't as big a Shamy shipper as I am, they all thought it was the closest they've ever seen them. At first I didn't understand the statement, cos in my opinion it wasn't as romantic, as say, Earworm... but then, after reading some of the really insightful and smart observations posted on this thread... it all kind of came together. I was under the impression that in order to achieve romance, there needs to be a physical element, but here, there's just two mature adults,going through a mature adult situation. Maybe I didn't get it at first, because of my age and the way my generation thinks. I think they bonded through this episode and have so much more honesty and trust in their relationship now. Some hand-holding would have been nice... and I think i'd push it by asking for a kiss, but isn't emotional growth in a relationship more important? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but this episode should really have more sentimental value to us as Shamy shippers then a lot othe the other "bigger" episodes. As always, I loved that I could come here and vent my feelings. I love you awesome nerds! 

Yes. What's important at present in terms of how we the audience observe their relationship-development is what Shamy are saying to each other. If the show was half an hour long we'd have time to watch them hugging or kissing in addition to their conversation.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, veejay said:

CERN, an old browser (Internet Explorer, maybe?), some e-mails, a website (maybe from MSN, the design is very simillar), something on the notepad and apperantly an old Windows. Or is it Linux? It's hard to tell.

This is how msn.com looked like in 2005, according to Google.

212.jpgnew-msn.jpg

Beautiful, huh?

21 hours ago, camelliayao said:

Just saw this on Instagram. Amy's facial expressions are too perfect LMAO.

Thanks, now I'm imagining Jim saying everything in spanish. Intensely. Like in a telenovela lol.
Amy had that look on her face but looks she was just like that on the inside. 
tumblr_inline_nnzv3kkW6r1s1v31t_500.gif
wtf?

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Desdemona said:

Wouldn't it be great if Sheldon flew to Switzerland with Amy to visit CERN, because he got an offer to work with the LHC. It would be great stuff for a fanfic.

I have actually been playing around with a fanfic, involving Shamy visiting the LHC, but it doesn't involve his working there.

It just has him visiting it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kazzie said:

Here you go :)

Sheldonlaptop.jpg

Sheldon%20laptop%202%20close%20up.jpg

OMG thanks for it Kazzie! :giveheart:

Great job!

6 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I have actually been playing around with a fanfic, involving Shamy visiting the LHC, but it doesn't involve his working there.

It just has him visiting it.

This is great! But why didn´t you add it into the story? It would have been interesting.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kazzie said:

Here you go :)

Sheldon%20laptop%202%20close%20up.jpg

Thank you so much! Now I can finally read it! But who are all those guys we've never heard of before? And more important, nothing from Amy or the guys we know?

(1) Live Chat Video:

l.solomon73, v.evans839, s.buck69, c.golenor28, blue55.b83, balvao05?

--> Is one of those finally a nickname for Amy?

(2) His e-mail program:

Bookpeople: "Sign up for free..." --> probably just advertisment - can our lovely hoarder also not delete his spam mails?

Vera: "Here is a copy..." --> something work-related? Btw, what happened to Alex? Is it now Vera instead?

RustyPuppers: "Your order is c..." --> ohhh what did he order?

Data Guys: "Everything is ..." --> also work-related, perhaps he had saved all his important data before his computer crashed?

Lucas: "Can you resend..." --> work-related again?

Sean B.: "I sent all the..." --> "... flowers to Dr. Fowler as requested"?

V.P.E. Evans: "The boss wants..." --> definitely work-related... or it's about his other boss Amy;-)

Computer Tech: "Please pick up..." --> new work computer?

Danny W.: "Sign and return..." --> work-related again?

Robert D.: "New orders." --> Well, he does order a lot, doesn't he? Preparations for the awesome proposal?;-)

Jason: "Return the attached sheets b..." --> probably work again

Kirsten G.: "These are late" ---> Really Sheldon? Forgetting to return books or something? Kind of distracted lately, are we?;-)

There is really a lot of interesting information we get here kind of off-screen. I don't know how this works, and probaby this isn't the right thread, but could we open a fanfic challenge about this? E.g. five of these names have to be used and explained in a one-shot story... anyone interested?:-)))

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

OMG thanks for it Kazzie! :giveheart:

Great job!

No Problem!

I actually made these the night of the episode.. I like zooming into his laptop screen.. I didn't think to post it here though! Glad I kept the images now! :) 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Add what into the story?

I think desdemona meant adding working there into your story instead of just visiting

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shamour said:

I think desdemona meant adding working there into your story instead of just visiting

I can't do that, as the story continues back in Pasadena, when they return from the visit.

42 minutes ago, kazzie said:

No Problem!

I actually made these the night of the episode.. I like zooming into his laptop screen.. I didn't think to post it here though! Glad I kept the images now! :) 

I´m glad that you kept the image too!

I envy you, you are so talented! :shy:

29 minutes ago, shamour said:

That´s right, Shamour! Thank you!

BTW thank you for writing down his e-mail program! Boy there are some interesting facts about Sheldon. I wonder too where Alex went? Maybe she lost her mind, because of Sheldon and changed university (or just her boss). BTW your challenge idea sounds interesting!

27 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I can't do that, as the story continues back in Pasadena, when they return from the visit.

I see.

• Like 1