The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

30 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

You're greek, Judith? 
If it sounds hilarious in greek, it sounds awful in english, this dubbing is really, really bad. Sounds like Google Translator, it's very robotic! That's one of our biggest hits. God bless your ears.

Or maybe this is Sheldon OS. Kidding.
Amy must be rich or have a good finantial situation to buy him such a marvelous laptop just after the old one passed away. I would try to fix it and after failing 3 or 4 times, try to buy a new one not so good (because I can't afford the good ones). That's kinda sad.

Yep...born and raised. In the 90s and early 00s we had our fair share of bad telenovelas...they were quite popular :D. The dubbing is so corny and overdramatic you can't help but laugh.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Serena_nyc1995 said:

9x22 is not going to be a Shamy episode. Looks like they are separating the guys and girls again. 

Actually, they only separated Sheldon and Bernie from the rest of the group.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arduina said:

Do we have a report?

Here you go:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, nickelette424 said:

Actually, they only separated Sheldon and Bernie from the rest of the group.

Either way, NOT a Shamy episode.Sheldon and Bernie's story looks really interesting and sweet. Love that the model trains and D&D are back. Perhaps, a Sheldonette episode :icon_razz: ? 

Edited by Serena_nyc1995
  • Like 3

I´m so happy that we get to see Shernadette again! Or is it Shelette? Sheldette?

Anyway, the scene with Sheldon and Bernadette sound so sweet and lovely! I can´t wait to see them playing "Choo choo" :locomotive: with the trains or playing D&D.

But I have to admit, that it feels awkward for me, I can´t explain it, but since he played it with Amy in his dormitory, it feels strange that he plays it now with Bernie, only the two of them. I know it sounds stupid but I wanted Shamy´s D&D play to be something exclusive, that if he played it alone with someone, he would only play it with Amy. I know he would never play a m-rated D&D with Bernie, but still I liked it, that it was something exclusive, for him and Amy. Does that make any sense?   :icon_razz:

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

But I have to admit, that it feels awkward for me, I can´t explain it, but since he played it with Amy in his dormitory, it feels strange that he plays it now with Bernie, only the two of them. I know it sounds stupid but I wanted Shamy´s D&D play to be something exclusive, that if he played it alone with someone, he would only play it with Amy. I know he would never play a m-rated D&D with Bernie, but still I liked it, that it was something exclusive, for him and Amy. Does that make any sense?   :icon_razz:

I don't know, Sheldon and the boys have played D&D in the show multiple times without the girls over the years. I get that the D&D episode was a "special" Shamy episode, and one of my favourite Shamy episodes, TBH, but I don't see the game specifically as "their" thing, like, let's say FwF...But that's just me...

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Judith said:

You're Greek?

@Ranger Rosa

Trust me it sounds hilarious in Greek. So ~dramatic :D

actually, they never translated the song and so i learned it in Spanish. the dialogue though... that's another story. I'm Greek- American. spent half of my life in the States and the rest in Greece so far. 

are YOU Greek???? :)

Edited by kelliluvtbbt
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I´m so happy that we get to see Shernadette again! Or is it Shelette? Sheldette?

Anyway, the scene with Sheldon and Bernadette sound so sweet and lovely! I can´t wait to see them playing "Choo choo" :locomotive: with the trains or playing D&D.

It can be Sheldonette /Shelette/Shernadette/Sheldette. I think Sheldette is the best one :icon_wink:

Well, if Amy had stayed back with Sheldon, he would have played the D&D with her. But she didn't. The writers wanted Amy away for some reason and wanted to focus on Sheldon-Benrie interaction. Good for them, I guess.

I kinda figured that out, from Melissa's IG. She posted a picture of herself and Jim, just the two of them together, on set :friends:.

Jim also posted the same picture on social media, soon after.

Edited by Serena_nyc1995
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I don't know, Sheldon and the boys have played D&D in the show multiple times without the girls over the years. I get that the D&D episode was a "special" Shamy episode, and one of my favourite Shamy episodes, TBH, but I don't see the game specifically as "their" thing, like, let's say FwF...But that's just me...

I know that he´s played it with the guys multiple times, this is not what I´m trying to say. I just wanted to point out, that it feels strange for me, that he plays it with Bernadette alone. It´s cute, that he decided to spent some time with Bernie, because she feels left out because of her pregnancy, but that he plays it with her alone, feels strange for me. When he played it with Amy it was so intimate, because that was the first time, they spoke honestly about their wishes (Amy wish to get intimate physically and Sheldon not ready to make that step but willing to play with her D&D, to give at least a "little foreplay", because he knew how hard it is for her, to love him, but not to be able to be physically intimate with him, because she knows how much he struggles with this step). It was so beautifully done and felt so intimate for me, something that the were sharing alone.

And now he is playing it alone with Bernie.

I´m sorry, I make myself a fool!

I don´t want to cause a bad mood here!

Let´s look on the bright side, we get a Sheldon and Bernadette episode, I like to see them interact!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I know that he´s played it with the guys multiple times, this is not what I´m trying to say. I just wanted to point out, that it feels strange for me, that he plays it with Bernadette alone. It´s cute, that he decided to spent some time with Bernie, because she feels left out because of her pregnancy, but that he plays it with her alone, feels strange for me. When he played it with Amy it was so intimate, because that was the first time, they spoke honestly about their wishes (Amy wish to get intimate physically and Sheldon not ready to make that step but willing to play with her D&D, to give at least a "little foreplay", because he knew how hard it is for her, to love him, but not to be able to be physically intimate with him, because she knows how much he struggles with this step). It was so beautifully done and felt so intimate for me, something that the were sharing alone.

Let´s look on the bright side, we get a Sheldon and Bernadette episode, I like to see them interact!

Not to dismiss your feelings on the matter but I fear your imagination is getting the better of you here. I'm sure the D&D with Bernie will play out a lot less intimate with them just casually hanging out in the living room having fun as friends. Nothing more!

The D&D with Amy will always be special for all the wonderful things you listed and it was a very very different situation. So personally I'm not worried at all.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I really understand you, I feel exactly the same way about it. It was special because it was just the two of them, and now he plays it alone with Bernie... the writers took away enough already from Amy everytime Penny comes along and shares her "special bond" with Sheldon, and now they have Bernie for this, too? Hmm, I guess I shouldn't think too much about that fight over Games of Thrones and focus more on that wonderful storage room episode:-)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Judith said:

Yep...born and raised. In the 90s and early 00s we had our fair share of bad telenovelas...they were quite popular :D. The dubbing is so corny and overdramatic you can't help but laugh.

Do you live in Greece?! That's so awesome!! Greece is one of my most fav countries in the world <3 Hopefully going there again in June 

1 hour ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

actually, they never translated the song and so i learned it in Spanish. the dialogue though... that's another story. I'm Greek- American. spent half of my life in the States and the rest in Greece so far. 

are YOU Greek???? :)

I tried to remember 'nice to meet you' in greek , but I forgot like all I knew, I only remember eupharisto and kala!

Anyways, just wanted to say it's so cool you guys are Greek <3

• Like 2

Guys Sheldon and Amy have so many special things. Hello he just allowed her into his "fortress of shame"... To quote Sheldon "we scored an 8.2....trust me you're happy"... i am pretty sure the D&D will play out completely different than Shamy's intimacy D&D session. I see why some are upset but really on this one I think the writers aren't taking anything away nor discounting Shamy's round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

So the writers are really going slow... Like with turtle speed... I usually don't mind it, but it's just a little weird... So 9x23 is gonna coincide with some big Jewish holiday I think? So Mayim's probably gonna be away a lot?

and then the season finale I'm sure they'll touch upon some of the 'big' Shamy things, the ring, living arrangements or sex... But I'm sure it's gonna be just one of those... I think its gonna be the ring, but I don't think they're gonna be engaged just yet...

Like I said I don't really mind/hate the slow development, but im curious why are the writers going this road... ?

Are they so scared of the change in the premise? FRIENDS did it quite a few times and it was successful ... Actually , idk about others, but I've started watching FRIENDS since S8, and Joey/Rachel roommates pairing seemed so natural to me, it was weird later to watch earlier seasons where rachel lives with Monica...

So I think if they think the change in living arrangements is gonna threaten the show's success, it's ridiculous... I think Shamy could be hilarious together... Not saying it as a Shamy fan, I don't think any couple starting living together could be so funny, but I think Sheldon with his issues would... 

OR they know they're gonna do at least 12 seasons and they're trying to make it as slow as possible so that the public won't lose interest...

Anyway, I'm not upset about the living arrangements because my personal opinion Sheldon is still in his 'teenage' phase, I mean he's been basically a baby for so long, now he feels like a teenager to me and I do think the ring was introduced too early, I was so excited about it at first, but now I think he's not ready to live a 'serious' adult life yet... So I don't mind them living separately...

But the fact that this all hasn't been adressed yet is getting ridiculous in my opinion.

(as the fact that penny's is in a job she hates to pay off the 'horrible debt', yet she pays rent every month for the apartment no one seems to use)

• Like 3

I find this season is rabbit speed for Shamy...far cry from turtle. We've gotten more intimacy, closeness, real deep seated issues, etc all out and about in 1 season.

• Like 8

On 22 Μαρτίου 2016 at 10:38 AM, Judith said:
13 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

So the writers are really going slow... Like with turtle speed... I usually don't mind it, but it's just a little weird... So 9x23 is gonna coincide with some big Jewish holiday I think? So Mayim's probably gonna be away a lot?

and then the season finale I'm sure they'll touch upon some of the 'big' Shamy things, the ring, living arrangements or sex... But I'm sure it's gonna be just one of those... I think its gonna be the ring, but I don't think they're gonna be engaged just yet...

Like I said I don't really mind/hate the slow development, but im curious why are the writers going this road... ?

Are they so scared of the change in the premise? FRIENDS did it quite a few times and it was successful ... Actually , idk about others, but I've started watching FRIENDS since S8, and Joey/Rachel roommates pairing seemed so natural to me, it was weird later to watch earlier seasons where rachel lives with Monica...

So I think if they think the change in living arrangements is gonna threaten the show's success, it's ridiculous... I think Shamy could be hilarious together... Not saying it as a Shamy fan, I don't think any couple starting living together could be so funny, but I think Sheldon with his issues would... 

OR they know they're gonna do at least 12 seasons and they're trying to make it as slow as possible so that the public won't lose interest...

Anyway, I'm not upset about the living arrangements because my personal opinion Sheldon is still in his 'teenage' phase, I mean he's been basically a baby for so long, now he feels like a teenager to me and I do think the ring was introduced too early, I was so excited about it at first, but now I think he's not ready to live a 'serious' adult life yet... So I don't mind them living separately...

But the fact that this all hasn't been adressed yet is getting ridiculous in my opinion.

(as the fact that penny's is in a job she hates to pay off the 'horrible debt', yet she pays rent every month for the apartment no one seems to use)

Hi, I agree with you. Trying not to change the core of the show, by not letting the married couple to live alone, it gets so unrealistic after so many years. 

By the way, I'm also Greek and "nice to meet you" in Greek is (with Latin characters) "hero poli"

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, kerrycec03 said:

I find this season is rabbit speed for Shamy...far cry from turtle. We've gotten more intimacy, closeness, real deep seated issues, etc all out and about in 1 season.

There have been many good things this season for sure , and fast for shamy!

but in terms of realism (and for the whole show, not just Shamy) - it's unrealistic to me that Amy found out about the ring before V day and now it's the end of April/May and Sheldon still haven't mentioned it.. Either proposing or having a talk with her about how he's not ready in the forseeable future

And it's unrealistic to me that Lenny have been married for a year and living with Sheldon and no one, even none of their friends would bring it up that it's strange.. 

Yeah we can imagine there have been all kinds of off screen talks about it, but it would be cool to see that mentioned on screen

• Like 3

Also no religious commitments for Mayim this year according to my calculations

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Lina78 said:

Hi, I agree with you. Trying not to change the core of the show, by not letting the married couple to live alone, it gets so unrealistic after so many years. 

By the way, I'm also Greek and "nice to meet you" in Greek is (with Latin characters) "hero poli"

So many Greek people here ! <3 Are you from Athens?)

And ευχαριστώ haha :)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

So many Greek people here ! <3 Are you from Athens?)

And ευχαριστώ haha :)

No , I'm not from Athens although I lived there for 10 years before we leaved abroad with my husband. I'm from central Greece. 

I agree with everything you said about Shamy and the other characters. It's like they don't really know what to do with them.

and παρακαλώ:icon_razz:

• Like 2

I am also a little perplexed by some of the Shamy decisions 'post coitus'! I do like that they have had these nice little moments of trust but I really don't think it'd be that damaging to address the sex issue again... It's been sometime since they had it and the show hasn't imploded (although judging from some of the opinions on the main thread, I may be wrong). I really hope they have sex again before an engagement or living together... Since they've done it and both enjoyed it, it would be a nice new layer for the writers to play with and shake up the show a bit.

• Like 4