The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

2 hours ago, April said:

Not to dismiss your feelings on the matter but I fear your imagination is getting the better of you here. I'm sure the D&D with Bernie will play out a lot less intimate with them just casually hanging out in the living room having fun as friends. Nothing more!

The D&D with Amy will always be special for all the wonderful things you listed and it was a very very different situation. So personally I'm not worried at all.

If I said: "I see a pink elephant!" and you would say: "I´m sorry, but I see a helicopter!" than I would agree that we can disguss about my opinion and you could teach me better, that I´m wrong.

But if I said: "I feel sick!" and you would answer: "I´m sorry, but you are imagining your sickness!" that it´s something totally different, because this is how I feel, not how I see it. I haven´t seen the episode yet and I´m sure it will be a nice episode with some nice Sheldon and Bernadette moments and everything will be alright, but that doesn´t change how my heart feels. I think I have the right, to feel and to express my feelings about something. But maybe this is the wrong place for my feelings and my little stories. Maybe I should take a step back and leave this thread to clear my mind and to watch the show with much more indifference.

I wish everyone all the best and a nice time! I hope we get to see more sweet Shamy moments!

Kisses and hugs to everyone!

2 hours ago, shamour said:

I really understand you, I feel exactly the same way about it. It was special because it was just the two of them, and now he plays it alone with Bernie... the writers took away enough already from Amy everytime Penny comes along and shares her "special bond" with Sheldon, and now they have Bernie for this, too? Hmm, I guess I shouldn't think too much about that fight over Games of Thrones and focus more on that wonderful storage room episode:-)

Thank you Shamour! This means a lot to me that I´m not the only one who feels like that.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

actually, they never translated the song and so i learned it in Spanish. the dialogue though... that's another story. I'm Greek- American. spent half of my life in the States and the rest in Greece so far. 

are YOU Greek???? :)

I know! I was talking about the dialogue :icon_razz:

I am Greek, yes. So you've lived 50/50 in America and ghen Greece...that's very interesting. I hope you like it here!

2 hours ago, brilliantfool said:

Do you live in Greece?! That's so awesome!! Greece is one of my most fav countries in the world <3 Hopefully going there again in June 

I tried to remember 'nice to meet you' in greek , but I forgot like all I knew, I only remember eupharisto and kala!

Anyways, just wanted to say it's so cool you guys are Greek <3

I do, I live in Athens. It's cool that you're coming again, I hope you make it! :shy:

Nice to meet you = Herome pou se gnorizo.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Judith said:

I know! I was talking about the dialogue :icon_razz:

I am Greek, yes. So you've lived 50/50 in America and ghen Greece...that's very interesting. I hope you like it here!

I do, I live in Athens. It's cool that you're coming again, I hope you make it! :shy:

Nice to meet you = Herome pou se gnorizo.

Herome pu se gnorizo! 

I will, my best friend is getting married in the end of June in Athens, so I'll def make it there, but I also hope to spend a week in Santorini before that, I keep postponing it for so many years, usually go to some other island cause Santorini is pretty expensive :s

Hey, is TBBT big in Greece btw? I'd love to catch it on Greek tv!

30 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I think I have the right, to feel and to express my feelings about something. But maybe this is the wrong place for my feelings and my little stories. Maybe I should take a step back and leave this thread to clear my mind and to watch the show with much more indifference.

I wish everyone all the best and a nice time! I hope we get to see more sweet Shamy moments!

Kisses and hugs to everyone!

Of course you have the right and it was merely my intention to calm you down. I'm sorry if that came out wrong and upset you.

TBBTShamyhughowsthat.gif

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

Herome pu se gnorizo! 

I will, my best friend is getting married in the end of June in Athens, so I'll def make it there, but I also hope to spend a week in Santorini before that, I keep postponing it for so many years, usually go to some other island cause Santorini is pretty expensive :s

Hey, is TBBT big in Greece btw? I'd love to catch it on Greek tv!

Ki ego! (=me too)

Santorini is one of the more popular islands for vacationing. It's expensive but I think that it's worth it if you're coming from far away because these travels are usually the chance of a lifetime! Btw, where are you from?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, April said:

Of course you have the right and it was merely my intention to calm you down. I'm sorry if that came out wrong and upset you.

This was part of the reason for the recent rules update.  In this case the appropriate section is  Paragraph three.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Judith said:

Ki ego! (=me too)

Santorini is one of the more popular islands for vacationing. It's expensive but I think that it's worth it if you're coming from far away because these travels are usually the chance of a lifetime! Btw, where are you from?

I've answered you in a message so that we don't go too off topic on this thread = p

• Like 2

The only thing I am hoping for between now and the end of the season is no more drama for Shamy, they've been through enough this season. If we barely see much more of them this season and their characters take a back seat then that's fine by me.

Don't get me wrong more sweet moments between them would be nice but I just know they are going to have more problems in the future at some point and would prefer that next season if at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MsRajeshFowlerCooper said:

I'm glad they are splitting up Shamy for a week and making Amy the one who gets to be with the group.  She's not just Sheldon's girlfriend.  She's their friend.  I think they rely too much on MaJim's chemistry and that leads to fewer Amy stories that aren't about Shamy.  She's a great character and I like seeing her interact with everyone.   

The Sheldette story sounds adorable.  

I do hope, however, that we get more Shamy in the last two episodes and that it's something big.  

Sadly, I don't think that was the writers' intention. Because there was a scene where Amy and Howard arrived first and it was really awkward. They don't know what to talk about and when others finally arrived, Amy even said "Thank God" lol.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Sadly, I don't think that was the writers' intention. Because there was a scene where Amy and Howard arrived first and it was really awkward. They don't know what to talk about and when others finally arrived, Amy even said "Thank God" lol.

Weird. Thought they bonded well on the scavenger hunt/Neil Diamond singalong. Amy was also at Howard and Bernie's house a bit during the Shamy breakup and they did talk a bit.

In fairness friends sometimes struggle to find stuff to talk about.

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 5

About the D&D with Bernie, it was really just two friends having a good time, nothing more. But well, maybe it's just me, but I think they're trying too hard in portraying how sweet and cute Sheldon is again...It feels a little bit forced.

Here's how I think about the those things that are supposed to be "exclusively Shamy". Because the show is already in its ninth season and we'll probably get several more, it's very hard to have something exclusively Shamy anymore. Because sooner or later, Sheldon will do those things with others haha.

16 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

Weird. Thought they bonded well on the scavenger hunt/Neil Diamond singalong. Amy was also at Howard and Bernie's house a bit during the Shamy breakup and they did talk a bit.

In fairness friends sometimes struggle to find stuff to talk about.

Yes, they explained the Neil Diamond thing as "We said we should get together more after that but we never did". So Amy and Howard are back to being awkward again lol.

Honestly, I think the Amy and Howard scene was just there to create one more joke.

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

16 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Yes, they explained the Neil Diamond thing as "We said we should get together more after that but we never did". So Amy and Howard are back to being awkward again lol.

Honestly, I think the Amy and Howard scene was just there to create one more joke.

Really? :( Tbh I think they should have done more with their friendship. They were so good together in Scavenger, they should have taken it from there. I hope they do something in the future.

Anyway, thank you very much about the TR. You saved the day!

One question: when Amy told Sheldon about him wanting to get a Nobel he said "not to ... in front of their friends". Do you remember what that was?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Judith said:

Really? :( Tbh I think they should have done more with their friendship. They were so good together in Scavenger, they should have taken it from there. I hope they do something in the future.

Anyway, thank you very much about the TR. You saved the day!

One question: when Amy told Sheldon about him wanting to get a Nobel he said "not to ... in front of their friends". Do you remember what that was?

Oh I edited my report later. I don't remember the exact words but I think what he meant was not to pick on me or speak against me in front of my friends.

I know, right? Why is Amy back to season 4 Amy (and not in a good way) again... Well let's just say that Amy and Howard scene was just for laughs. 

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, kerrycec03 said:

Also no religious commitments for Mayim this year according to my calculations.

But, isn't the 1st anniversary of her father's death approaching?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Well, at least they address it! It's a pity but on the other hand it's nice to know we're not missing out on the big HAmy(??? lol) off screen bromance. So if the writers want to pick it up again they can start from there. Admittedly, I also find this whole "We said we should get together more after that but we never did" thing quite relatable and true to life. lol

• Like 1

Passover begins sundown April 22 through April 30.   The finale is taping April 26. There are no holidays that will impede the penultimate episode (9.23).    So it will be the finale episode that hits right in the middle of Peseach (Passover).   And yes...Mayim has worked during it before, but the last two years she has been very limited in how much she has been in episodes in the finale...typically a single line and scene.   I was hoping this year would be different.

Ever since Amy and Sheldon have consummated their relationship, it seems that they have primarily had Sheldon interacting with so many others that she rarely gets much time with him.  I realize that Solder and Cabin are exceptions, but overall she hasn't really spent much time with him in episodes since they did the deed.   It seems most of the episodes are Sheldon and....fill in the blank (Penny, Leonard, the boys, Bernie)....so yes it would be nice to see that Shamy get something wonderful before the season ends.   However, it is appearing more and more to me that the finale is going to be focused far more on Lenny likely than Shamy and then there is the Raj fiasco stuff going on that will play out probably as well.

Now I am hoping that some of the finale will begin to deal with living arrangements as part of the Lenny drama because I have to believe they know that everyone is dying for that to be addressed and for the show to finally move forward with Lenny having their own life and story lines without always having Sheldon be in the midst of them.   I also think Leonard's father plays into that.   But I do think it will be a big focus on them.

I am surprised they have not started giving Bernie a tiny bit of a baby bump if she is supposed to have the baby soon in S10.   Not sure if they will do much further with the baby story this season or focus it more next season.

18 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

But, isn't the 1st anniversary of her father's death approaching?

Yes...he died on April 10th..and according to Jewish calendar she would be celebrating his annual on April 8th (or if you go by normal calendar the 10th)...either way...it will be on this weekend.   I am sure she is glad that it is happening during hiatus week and she can move forward after that.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Desdemona said:

I know that he´s played it with the guys multiple times, this is not what I´m trying to say. I just wanted to point out, that it feels strange for me, that he plays it with Bernadette alone. It´s cute, that he decided to spent some time with Bernie, because she feels left out because of her pregnancy, but that he plays it with her alone, feels strange for me. When he played it with Amy it was so intimate, because that was the first time, they spoke honestly about their wishes (Amy wish to get intimate physically and Sheldon not ready to make that step but willing to play with her D&D, to give at least a "little foreplay", because he knew how hard it is for her, to love him, but not to be able to be physically intimate with him, because she knows how much he struggles with this step). It was so beautifully done and felt so intimate for me, something that the were sharing alone.

And now he is playing it alone with Bernie.

I´m sorry, I make myself a fool!

I don´t want to cause a bad mood here!

Let´s look on the bright side, we get a Sheldon and Bernadette episode, I like to see them interact!

The thing is, he wasn't really playing D&D with Amy when they were in his room.  They were using the rolling of the die and the "what do you do?" sort of questions as a way to express their feelings in a sort of safe way.

If Sheldon and Bernie are playing an actual game of D&D, it's going to be more like a real game, even if Sheldon tailors it toward Bernie.  It's not really a game about any kind of intimacy and Sheldon would have ZERO interest in having any kind of emotionally intimate moment with Bernie like he does with Amy.

It's not really a special game in that regard.  It's just D&D.  :)

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

Passover begins sundown April 22 through April 30.   The finale is taping April 26. There are no holidays that will impede the penultimate episode (9.23).    So it will be the finale episode that hits right in the middle of Peseach (Passover).   And yes...Mayim has worked during it before, but the last two years she has been very limited in how much she has been in episodes in the finale...typically a single line and scene.   I was hoping this year would be different.

There are working restrictions at the beginning and the end of Passover (and I think that may have been the problem in 2014 when those days ended up on a taping day?) and since filming 9x24 is slap bang in the middle of it there shouldn't be much of a problem, at least in theory.

Ever since Amy and Sheldon have consummated their relationship, it seems that they have primarily had Sheldon interacting with so many others that she rarely gets much time with him.  I realize that Solder and Cabin are exceptions, but overall she hasn't really spent much time with him in episodes since they did the deed.   It seems most of the episodes are Sheldon and....fill in the blank (Penny, Leonard, the boys, Bernie)....so yes it would be nice to see that Shamy get something wonderful before the season ends.  

Uhm, there were also Meemaw and Valentine's. They may not necessarily be favourites (or at least Meemaw isn't) but Shamy still spend almost their complete screentime with each other in those. So to me it looks like the writers are taking turns with the Shamy-heavy and Shamy-light episodes.

But I agree, I'd love to have at least one other wonderful thing before the season ends. <3

However, it is appearing more and more to me that the finale is going to be focused far more on Lenny likely than Shamy and then there is the Raj fiasco stuff going on that will play out probably as well.

Now I am hoping that some of the finale will begin to deal with living arrangements as part of the Lenny drama because I have to believe they know that everyone is dying for that to be addressed and for the show to finally move forward with Lenny having their own life and story lines without always having Sheldon be in the midst of them.   I also think Leonard's father plays into that.   But I do think it will be a big focus on them.

We can only hope! I also hoped that Zack would push Lenny a bit forward with his appearance but nothing came out of that either soooo.... yeah. Fingers crossed, I guess???

I am surprised they have not started giving Bernie a tiny bit of a baby bump if she is supposed to have the baby soon in S10.   Not sure if they will do much further with the baby story this season or focus it more next season.

Me, too! I guess, she's one of those women then who only show a baby bump pretty late???? lol

Edited by April
  • Like 3

You are correct April.  For most, Passover is only observed fully (aka not working but of course all other elements still be practiced the whole week) the first & last days.  So middle should be no hiccup what so ever. 

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, April said:

Me, too! I guess, she's one of those women then who only show a baby bump pretty late???? lol

I am not sure when this is supposed to air but I would think that she is only supposed to be about 4- 4.5 months pregnant. I expect when they come back from summer she will be showing depending on the time jump. I think she is supposed to be due around end of October beginning November....that is still 6.5 months from now.

When I was pregnant I didn't start showing until month 5, especially with my first.

13 minutes ago, kimbee73 said:

I am not sure when this is supposed to air but I would think that she is only supposed to be about 4- 4.5 months pregnant. I expect when they come back from summer she will be showing depending on the time jump. I think she is supposed to be due around end of October beginning November....that is still 6.5 months from now.

When I was pregnant I didn't start showing until month 5, especially with my first.

Yeah, you're right. I guess it really depends on how far she's actually into her pregnancy. (I don't think we have that concrete information?) If she's at the beginning of her second trimester it's plausible that you can't see that much.

The latest episode they taped should air in about 3 weeks, I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kimbee73 said:

It airs April 28...so that is several weeks from now.   I agree that first pregnancies are slower at showing than subsequent ones...but Bernadette is unusually small so that typically means a woman of that size shows faster than an average sized woman would.  She is only 4'10".   And yes, I am guesisng she is just still in her first trimester.  However I would think she would show at 4-5 months into the pregnancy given her stature.

• Like 1

I was under the impression that she wouldn't show a lot due to her being petite. I know nothing about pregnancies though so maybe I'm wrong.

For Shamy I just hope that the last two episodes will be good. According to the taping schedule by the end of April we will (hopefully) have spoilers for the rest of the season...that's so exciting! I have a little bit of hope remaining that the next ep will deal with their sex life but it's not a lot at this point. But hope dies last! I'd rather they do something about living arrangements in the finale though, a proposal IMO can wait a bit longer.

• Like 1