The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Seen clips of all the scenes expect the closing tag so far, cannot wait to see it soon or in 6 weeks time when they finally show the episode over here.

From what I saw I think the reviews were spot on, you had two people so comfortable with each other and in love. They got the delivery line totally spot on with Amy during the "Rocked my girlfriends world in bed line". It could have easily come across as a bit corny or over emphasized but it was so genuine. Sheldon's response to the line was so good, blushing but also proud and a small sense of accomplishment that his girlfriend felt that way. Mayim and Jim have such great chemistry.

Like others have said Jim must have it in his contract or something that he drops his pants down like every season lol.

Loved the way Amy did such a glaringly obvious manipulation to get Sheldon to go and he just goes along with it.

• Like 9

Am I just imagining things or did Sheldon's voice drop a little during that elevator line? It sounds so sexy:-)

• Like 7

I got around to watching the episode this morning and I enjoyed. I loved the Shamy moments. It was adorable how both embarrassed they got when Amy broke the Non-Disclosure agreement. ;)  Once again Raj, Howard and Bernedette stole the episode. I like this Raj when is isn't a douchbag. 

vlcsnap-2016-04-08-12h14m18s259.png

Edited by Esteben Feynman
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, April said:

Happy new episode day, everyone!! <3

OMG what a cute episode! Me right after watchii it the first time:

TBBT-KCpuppies.gif

Anyway, some stray observations about our cuties in this:

- The whole scene in which Amy tries to persuade Sheldon to go along with the weekend in the cabin was so adorable - especially her "YAY!!" after she won. hahaha I just love their banter!

- I'm probably one of the few people who just doesn't care for the annual "Sheldon drops his pants" joke. If you have him do that when he and Amy are alone in a bedroom then we can talk. /nudge nudge wink wink

- "Oh no, not our hike! Now we have to stay save and warm!" <- lol that's so me

- I love how they all just had a fun time with the game (save for the drama bit) - just PALS being pals! (*puts 5 bucks in the terrible puns jar*)

- The way Amy was throwing out the "completely rocked my girlfriend's world in bed" line was delightfully flirty. Sheldon's coy reaction was so cute and there was indeed a little smirk when he drank. haha Ever since we got the news about 9x11 and speculated about the fallout one of the popular scenarios dreamt up by us was something along the lines of Shamy boasting about their great sex in some way - and this is basically how I see this scene. And it happens in such a cute complimentary way, keeping it in tone with how their first time went down. <3

- And of course the tag scene was so so so wonderful! It was romantic and flirty but also quirky and cute - just the way we like our Shamy! The looks on their faces as they were teasing each other with those "never have I ever..." things were hilarious. I loved how relaxed and happy they were! I love how Sheldon's body language shows how he's so at ease and open with Amy in this situation with the way he sits and even a little touching. It's a bit curious that by comparison Amy is the one who's sitting there a bit more rigid. (Idk if that's supposed to mean anything or if it's just because the skirt???)

- The final joke about the elevator was perfect though with the way Amy provocatively looked him straight in the eyes while drinking and his shocked face. LMAO

I'm of the same mind about the pants joke. It was funny in Pants Alternative and in the ep where Sheldon is with Amy in 4a and they  laughed along together - I loved that actually. In both of those cases it was rightly placed and it served a purpose. The one in 8.1 felt a bit overdone and this recent one fell flat for me. It didn't affect my enjoyment of the episode though. And I appreciated the view. :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, veejay said:

12.gif

:shy:

This was so funny! :icon_cheesygrin:

02.gif

lol This episode was full of amazing reaction gif material! hahaha

Amy's "Yay!" had me cackling. It was so cute. omg

7 minutes ago, Judith said:

I'm of the same mind about the pants joke. It was funny in Pants Alternative and in the ep where Sheldon is with Amy in 4a and they  laughed along together - I loved that actually. In both of those cases it was rightly placed and it served a purpose. The one in 8.1 felt a bit overdone and this recent one fell flat for me. It didn't affect my enjoyment of the episode though. And I appreciated the view. :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Yeah, I'm not exactly complaining about the nice ass but you know... LOL

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, April said:

lol This episode was full of amazing reaction gif material! hahaha

Amy's "Yay!" had me cackling. It was so cute. omg

Haha, absolutely!  LOL

• Like 3

The episode was so lovely that I had to watch it again over and over. What I liked most were their voices, sounding so sexy near each other. At ffirst, when Sheldon asks Amy whether she is manipulating him, his voice changes a little, it sounded as if he enjoyed that.

Also when Amy says 'you know the rules, drink!', her voice reminded a lot like in the Christmas episode when she received Sheldon's gift. But nothing beats the embarrassed "Amy" Shelson says before drinking.

Raj was so caring, and that bear should really appear in the future, Bernie wrapped in it was too cute!

• Like 6

11 hours ago, 2L344 said:

For the record, I'm giving this a like for your FIRST comment, not Sheldon's ass Lol!

Yeah, I'm not buying it. 
nananana, you liked Sheldon's ass! :cheese:

11 hours ago, Serena_nyc1995 said:

Well, he has a nice ass. And a gorgeous smile.

I'd say he has a gorgeous ass and a nice smile, but both sentences are true, so whatever.

1 hour ago, Esteben Feynman said:

I got around to watching the episode this morning and I enjoyed. I loved the Shamy moments. It was adorable how both embarrassed they got when Amy broke the Non-Disclosure agreement. ;)  Once again Raj, Howard and Bernedette stole the episode. I like this Raj when is isn't a douchbag. 

vlcsnap-2016-04-08-12h14m18s259.png

"My mom and my dads".
Gosh, how Howard's eyeballs and teeth are shiny! 

58 minutes ago, MsRajeshFowlerCooper said:

Guys I think my biggest concern in life right now is getting this thread to 1000 pages before the end of the season (or I guess before we finish talking about the end of the season).  

Sometimes we get too slow. Come on people, overthink, write big texts, fill a entire page with gifs, but help us to hit the 1000th page until May 12!

• Like 3

Not everyone here is a girl lol.. Some are guys and don't care about Jim's anything x D 

Also as a girl I wanna say, even though I love Jim as a human being and an actor, he's not my type like at all, so I never check him out  ( I know,  very unpopular opinion : D  )

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

Not everyone here is a girl lol.. Some are guys and don't care about Jim's anything x D 

Also as a girl I wanna say, even though I love Jim as a human being and an actor, he's not my type like at all, so I never check him out  ( I know,  very unpopular opinion : D  )

I checked him out but he's not my type as well. It's a different beauty to me, but still it's a beauty. We're at the unpopular team.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shamyyes said:

I am loving the ambiguity in regards to their sex life. As long as they have them as adorable and loving as they were last night! No mention of them sharing a room. The writers are excellent at keeping uswaiting!  I'll say it again Great Eposode!

I agree! The fact that they MUST have shared a room at the cabin is disregarded in this episode but is implicit as what else could the arrangements have been? They must have spent the night in the same room/ bed. No debate on the issue, no worries, no mention or concerns!! It's the clearest signal yet that maybe some IS going on although I believe that there hasn't been a second 'time' yet. The situation is too new for TPTB to ignore the pattern of their 'sex' life and, in sitcoms in general it goes, : first time, the week where they are all over each other, and then the pattern emerges (people sat at the breakfast table (the morning after scenes) suggesting regular stay over for one of the characters. Kazzie pointed out that for Shamy coitus led to a calm 'post coital' phase where the sex caused a the pressure is off situation but the emotional bonding is ramping up the the tension and general closeness to a point where surely it will tip over into a ' we just can't help ourselves' situation.

Sheldon in particular seems so much more relaxed and comfortable with Amy and not wary at all despite a few clueless moments. I think he fully reads Amy these days and uses his ' I don't know what you are talking about moments' (birthday suit) as cover when dealing with stressful situations. Don't forget we are still dealing with someone who finds social/personal interactions tricky. There's only so much he can deal with at once. 

So moving forward, I have no expectations for the rest of the season, this week seems to show an underlining of how far they have come. And it is colossal. The arguments in the next episode are not an issue at all to me, they are soul mates and as indicated at the end of the next episode amount to nothing. Amy understands Sheldon and most of her comments, I think, are just pointing things out to Leonard. I don't even think her supposed jealousy of Penny is really anything to be concerned about. The writers,  in my view, see the world very simplicity ( more 2D rather than the 3D world the shippers use) and so story progression from week to week  does not bear such scrutiny. Something does make me wonder what deal was struck with Johnny as he has fantastic punchlines this season but not much else although something seems to be brewing ....  

Vintage iPad is playing up so switched to phone. The time has come to lay the iPad to rest. I can't bear to be parted from it!  Perhaps I should rent a storage unit as we live in a 18th century cottage and there's no room for all the clapped out electrical stuff we have grown to love. Lol 

Edited by Listgirl
  • Like 8

33 minutes ago, Listgirl said:

I agree! The fact that they MUST have shared a room at the cabin is disregarded in this episode but is implicit as what else could the arrangements have been? They must have spent the night in the same room/ bed. No debate on the issue, no worries, no mention or concerns!! It's the clearest signal yet that maybe some IS going on (...)

I'm sorry, what is "IS" in this context?

1 hour ago, karyshamy said:

The episode was so lovely that I had to watch it again over and over. What I liked most were their voices, sounding so sexy near each other. At ffirst, when Sheldon asks Amy whether she is manipulating him, his voice changes a little, it sounded as if he enjoyed that.

Also when Amy says 'you know the rules, drink!', her voice reminded a lot like in the Christmas episode when she received Sheldon's gift. But nothing beats the embarrassed "Amy" Shelson says before drinking.

Raj was so caring, and that bear should really appear in the future, Bernie wrapped in it was too cute!

I agree! At first I thought I was imagining it but after rewatching that scene, I can say his voice definitely changes from an accusing "You're trying to manipulate me!" to "Oh baby! Are you trying to manipulate me?" It reminds me so much of two things:

How he admits her experiment in 5x23 is working 

His reaction when she first revealed her amazing persuasive powers in 4x20 

You really are a vixen Amy Farrah Fowler! 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, MsRajeshFowlerCooper said:

Guys I think my biggest concern in life right now is getting this thread to 1000 pages before the end of the season (or I guess before we finish talking about the end of the season).  

oh... we'll get there! :)

1 hour ago, Ranger Rosa said:

they probably wanted to write "something IS going on there" , implying that the writers aren't giving us the whole story. 

• Like 2

Just wanted to say I loved this episode. The tag scene was adorable!

This couple will be the death of me! :-)

• Like 9

Sorry it's not specifically Shamy - but I just wanted to ask - baby Howardette - boy or girl? 

I would say girl, called Deborah Carol.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ranger Rosa said:

It's Friday night here, had two glasses of wine so I think IS means, with the schrodingers coitus stuff floating around at the moment, perhaps the writers want you to believe that Shamy sex life is alive and well... Although as explained above I think the 'reality'  is nearly but not yet. 

Btw: adored the episode, the tag especially and particularly the giant bear ( I'm not the cuddly soft toy sort as a rule but in a prenatal emotional state even I would have been very into such things). I'm curious what idea for the episode came first though:  the actual bear or the idea for a cabin episode at Big Bear lake with fun drinking game. 

Edited by Listgirl
  • Like 4

I can't believe I have to wait till Wednesday to watch this episode!! Gosh, you guys have gotten me all excited and I can tell it's gonna bring out all the feels in me.. I mean,you people are hardly ever wrong... the only problem is, after I watch it, I can't discuss it cos by then you'll be all talked out :(

• Like 3

totally feeling like an idiot right now--saw the taping of Big Bear, watched it twice last night, but it never occurred to me that Raj's enormous bear was a play on the "Big Bear" cabin title. They were in a cabin at Big Bear Lake, end of story for me lol...geeeeeeez!

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

totally feeling like an idiot right now--saw the taping of Big Bear, watched it twice last night, but it never occurred to me that Raj's enormous bear was a play on the "Big Bear" cabin title. They were in a cabin at Big Bear Lake, end of story for me lol...geeeeeeez!

LMAO if it makes you feel better it also took me an embarrassing long time to get the double meaning! hahaha

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, April said:

LMAO if it makes you feel better it also took me an embarrassing long time to get the double meaning! hahaha

I got it just when I saw how big was the bear...

58 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

It was so clevert. I just realized when I finished watching the episode.
tumblr_inline_mgqt4wvPmK1r5yvxy.gif~c200
My second favorite non-sexual pun of the show, only losing to "I'm thinking in dressing up as Indiana Jones lost son: Indian Jones". Raj always have the funniest intentional jokes.

2 hours ago, Listgirl said:

It's Friday night here, had two glasses of wine so I think IS means, with the schrodingers coitus stuff floating around at the moment, perhaps the writers want you to believe that Shamy sex life is alive and well... Although as explained above I think the 'reality'  is nearly but not yet. 

My apologies, I thought it was some sort of abbreviation. So the cat is alive, huh?

• Like 1