The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

1 hour ago, 2L344 said:

totally feeling like an idiot right now--saw the taping of Big Bear, watched it twice last night, but it never occurred to me that Raj's enormous bear was a play on the "Big Bear" cabin title. They were in a cabin at Big Bear Lake, end of story for me lol...geeeeeeez!

It was the same for me!! 

watched it before 9 21, then last night, then today in the morning, and only reading posts in this thread thouroughly in the evening today made me realize there were 2 "big bears".....  

Facepalm. But I'm happy to know I'm not the only one x D

• Like 3

I actually did notice the big bear thing and I didn't read the spoilers all the way through, I just knew the basics.  But I only became aware of it because of the pictures that was posted in the discussion thread of Raj holding that giant doll.

And I thought the Shamy scenes were good but there not my favorite.  I mean, I thought soldier excursion diversion was preferably a better Shamy episode to me.  Though, it was nice to see that Shamy bond that they had throughout at the end of the scenes.  We were definitely learning a bit more about their common interests throughout the game and I do love their expressions exchanged at each other.  And I don't know if it's the alcohol but the way Sheldon is leaning on the couch seems a bit more relaxed.

Edited by snow*flower
  • Like 2

So two weeks hiatus before next taping, what do we think could happen for shamy? 

Also can we get to 1000 pages? 

Quite possibly

• Like 1

I've only seen the Shamy stuff - but wow I could not have loved it more :shy:. Those too are so in love, so confortable with each other - it's adorable - I'm so happy !! 

• Like 7

On 4/8/2016 at 4:21 AM, Thyanic <3 said:

Well, I liked the episode more than I thought I would.

Cute reference. :) 

On 4/8/2016 at 6:18 AM, Serena_nyc1995 said:

Jim drops his pants at least once every season.

I'm sure that's what Amy's hoping. :laugh: 

On 4/8/2016 at 6:18 AM, Serena_nyc1995 said:

Maybe its in his contract.

I wonder if we can get the same clause, added to Mayim's contract? drool.gif 

Edited by Stephen Hawking

On 4/8/2016 at 11:51 AM, April said:

keeping it in tone with how their first time went down.

Pun intended? :icon_biggrin: 

20 hours ago, veejay said:

12.gif

I haven't seen the whole episode yet, so I'm lost about this scene.

I'm assuming Sheldon has named something he hasn't done, and Amy is about to take a drink, implying she has done it?

What was it he named?

18 hours ago, brilliantfool said:

Some are guys and don't care about Jim's anything x D 

Us guys tend to concentrate more on Amy's "anything", and indeed "everything". drool.gif 

15 hours ago, Bella Duveen said:

I would say girl, called Deborah Carol.

Beverly, after Simon Helberg. :icon_biggrin: 

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Pun intended? :icon_biggrin: 

I haven't seen the whole episode yet, so I'm lost about this scene.

I'm assuming Sheldon has named something he hasn't done, and Amy is about to take a drink, implying she has done it?

What was it he named?

It was the Frisbee comment, "Never have I ever thrown, caught or touched a Frisbee". The whole point of the game is to catch the other person out, she was just messing with him and having fun.

Interesting point, a friend of mine actually thought the way Sheldon laughed at that Frisbee comment and smiled was out of character. He thought he saw more of Jim than Sheldon in the way he interacted. He may have a point, me I just saw it as two people relaxed and enjoying each other's company.

Such a sweet scene, probably the most playful between the pair since the Opening Night Excitation.

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Yes. But that's why that scene is so precious. Sheldon rarely has that big of a smile. I can only remember three times, this one, the one in fort episode and the one when he tells Lenny he and Amy are about to get a turtle together. I'm sure Jim made these acting choices for a reason. He didn't just randomly act "out of character". He probably gave some thoughts and figured in those scenes Sheldon is so happy and comfortable that he smiles in a way he usually doesn't. 

Well said.

I don't think it was that out of character really (not for season 9 Sheldon), when you consider the situation Sheldon is in i.e. he's happy, comfortable and in the company of the love of his life. I think we can all agree the scene shows how much he has grown as a character, another chink off that armor has come off.

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

Interesting point, a friend of mine actually thought the way Sheldon laughed at that Frisbee comment and smiled was out of character. He thought he saw more of Jim than Sheldon in the way he interacted. He may have a point, me I just saw it as two people relaxed and enjoying each other's company.

Such a sweet scene, probably the most playful between the pair since the Opening Night Excitation.

In a way, I got the same impression of your friend, at certain points I saw more Jim (and Mayim) than Sheldon (and Amy). But I don't think any of them broke the character or something like that, for me it was a precise acting choice. As you said, in the tag they were playing two persons in love and perfectly comfortable with each other. Sheldon lost his boundaries with Amy, he was perfectly relaxed and didn't need to keep his usual attitude, so he looked more like Jim. The similarity between Jim and Sheldon was even more evident because, apart from being emotionally relaxed, Sheldon's body language was different and more relaxed; again, for me, a precise acting choice...kudos to the actors and the director, that scene was perfection!

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Listgirl said:

It's Friday night here, had two glasses of wine so I think IS means, with the schrodingers coitus stuff floating around at the moment, perhaps the writers want you to believe that Shamy sex life is alive and well... Although as explained above I think the 'reality'  is nearly but not yet. 

Btw: adored the episode, the tag especially and particularly the giant bear ( I'm not the cuddly soft toy sort as a rule but in a prenatal emotional state even I would have been very into such things). I'm curious what idea for the episode came first though:  the actual bear or the idea for a cabin episode at Big Bear lake with fun drinking game. 

it's funny that I should see this post now. Today I watched 8.5 ( "The Focus Attenuation") and the guys were in the cafeteria discussing where they should go to focus on work and someone suggested a cabin in the woods. Sheldon says he would NEVER go there! :p. How things change in a season and a half!  ( I reckon the cabin at Big Bear came first....) 

Edited by kelliluvtbbt
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Jonny83 said:

It was the Frisbee comment, "Never have I ever thrown, caught or touched a Frisbee". The whole point of the game is to catch the other person out, she was just messing with him and having fun.

So Amy has also, never thrown, caught or touched a Frisbee?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

it's funny that I should see this post now. Today I watched 8.5 ( "The Focus Attenuation") and the guys were in the cafeteria discussing where they should go to focus on work and someone suggested a cabin in the woods. Sheldon says he would NEVER go there! :p. How things change in a season and a half!  ( I reckon the cabin at Big Bear came first....) 

Now I'm waiting to 10x20 (the anniversary of his first trip to a cabin, which happened at 9x20) too see him doing that again. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rachelshamyfan said:

So two weeks hiatus before next taping, what do we think could happen for shamy? 

Also can we get to 1000 pages? 

Quite possibly

I think we just see more the status quo, they have had enough drama both good and bad this season.

The writers could do the engagement, the idea is out there now but I could see Sheldon being a bit hesitant (not in terms of whether he wants to marry her but the timing) as they only got back together a short while ago. I think it's fair to say if he does propose she will say yes, If they have a cliffhanger where he proposes and we have to wait until season 10 that would be poor as we know the answer.

The only other big one really is the living situation. That's more of a subplot of the Lenny storyline, if they move out it's primed for an Amy moving in situation. Sheldon might want to live alone for a while though, or maybe try a trial living arrangement with Amy for a few nights a week and then we skip forward to season 10 and she is living there permanently.

If I am looking at it from a Sheldon perspective and considering he's come a long way but still has a ways to go yet I think he would prefer an engagement first and foremost as Amy necessarily wouldn't have to move in straight away. To me living with Amy might actually be a bigger deal for Sheldon than an actual engagement.

But then I am also thinking if Sheldon and Amy do get engaged they do need to at least live with each other a bit before they do get married. if they get engaged and the plan is for them to live together only when they get married there could be problems down the line trying to get use to living with each other. Surely it would be better to get that experience under their belt before committing to marriage?

More intimate scenes? Would be nice but not a major necessity. They could address it one more time this season in a less passionate or major event way. For example picture this - Lenny in the morning making breakfast and talking by the breakfast island thingy and Amy walks out there wearing nothing but one of Sheldon's t-shirts (or i guess a nightie/gown from one of her stashes that we saw in the fort episode) to get something to drink or eat. Would make for some great dialogue if Lenny knew nothing about her staying over and would kind of normalize the whole aspect of Shamy's love life.

Surely they won't have another major bust up this season so I am not considering that. As long as they are happy and together going into season 10 I will be happy whatever the writers come up with in these final two episodes.

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 3

I really enjoyed this episode and how much Sheldon and Amy are in love.  I wonder, though, about the implications of changing the living arrangements on the premise of the sitcom.  The three main characters are Leonard, Penny and Sheldon.  The current living situation keeps them front and center.  Moving Penny and Leonard out of 4A, and Amy in would really alter the situation.  Amy is currently a supporting character, and surely this change would bring her up closer to co-star status?  

• Like 2

My guess: The cliffhanger is probably about Lenny or Raj/Emily/Claire. Nothing about the living arrangement or engagement 'cause I have a feeling the show may have been renewed for more than one season. No major Shamy drama in season finale. But again none of us saw the break up coming last year so who knows. :icon_rolleyes:

However I do hope they could make the coitus thing clear (just a line of two is enough) before next season because there'll be a 3-month hiatus and if they wait till next season, it'll feel like Shamy really are doing it once a year/coitus is just a gift/Sheldon doesn't need it or want it at all/blahblahblah and that's just, I don't know, wrong on so many levels...:unsure:

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Lady in Red said:

I really enjoyed this episode and how much Sheldon and Amy are in love.  I wonder, though, about the implications of changing the living arrangements on the premise of the sitcom.  The three main characters are Leonard, Penny and Sheldon.  The current living situation keeps them front and center.  Moving Penny and Leonard out of 4A, and Amy in would really alter the situation.  Amy is currently a supporting character, and surely this change would bring her up closer to co-star status?  

I don't think it might be a problem. Amy as a character has already a status which screen-time wise  is closer to the one of L/P/S than to the one of H/B/R; she has had a story-arc that lasted for half a season and after that a good number of A-plot episodes. Of course (and unfortunately, I'd like to see  different aspects  of her character) they were due not to herself, but to the fact she is Sheldon's girlfriend; this season since they got back together she spent most of her on-screen time on 4A already. If she moves in with him, I don't see that as a big change in the situation. 

Actually the main difference between the big three and the rest of the cast  is the salary (with Mayim and Melissa payed less than everybody else) and salaries have been already regulated in the ongoing contract, so even if Amy moves in and her character has the same screen time of the big three (which anyway can be easily avoided, she can be out of the apartment working or doing other stuff) the actress will still be payed as a supporting tertiary character till the end of Season 10. 

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, camelliayao said:

My guess: The cliffhanger is probably about Lenny or Raj/Emily/Claire. Nothing about the living arrangement or engagement 'cause I have a feeling the show may have been renewed for more than one season. No major Shamy drama in season finale. But again none of us saw the break up coming last year so who knows. :icon_rolleyes:

My guess, for now, is that the finale will be about Raj/Emily/Claire (come on writers, give him a good storyline!) and the living arrangements. Why would Leonard's father show up? Sure, he might have nothing to do with that, but he could interfere in this plot and give a good direction to both sides. Or a bad direction, if he is like Leonard's lovely mother.

26 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

My guess, for now, is that the finale will be about Raj/Emily/Claire (come on writers, give him a good storyline!) and the living arrangements. Why would Leonard's father show up? Sure, he might have nothing to do with that, but he could interfere in this plot and give a good direction to both sides. Or a bad direction, if he is like Leonard's lovely mother.

Maybe Leonard's father showing up only has something to do with Lenny's storyline? Because to change the living arrangements, Sheldon&Amy have to be ready too and I don't see how Leonard's father can have an impact on Shamy. 

I think the "coitus second time" is the new big cow the writers have. They are playing a lot with the audience imagination  with the subtle lines they give to us!:icon_wink:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, camelliayao said:

Maybe Leonard's father showing up only has something to do with Lenny's storyline? Because to change the living arrangements, Sheldon&Amy have to be ready too and I don't see how Leonard's father can have an impact on Shamy. 

But whatever happens to Lenny about living arrangements will affect Shamy. He can probably be just a moderator of this case.
I'm trying to think about something that nobody can see coming (like the break up at the tragic S8 finale) but it's too hard.

• Like 2

so guys, since it's quiet here and since DT is criticizing Sheldon again (shocker) and since this question has been on my mind for a while, I was wondering, what is everyone's fav things about Sheldon and why do you love him/associate with him? Cause while there are many reasons to love him, there are also many (objectively ) reasons to not love him, yet we all love him.. (I guess?!) so I was curious what is it for everyone that made you love him in the first place? For me I guess it was mostly :

1. His arrogance/condescension 
I know it's kind of not a good quality, but I just adore his arrogance. I think it's hilarious and I think a little bit of arrogance is healthy tbh. And I think even when he gets over the line it's hilarious to watch him if you consider yourself selfish, cause it's like you're looking in a kind of a magnifying mirror and you're watching it and you're like 'damn... that's not always pretty', yet you kinda recognize yourself.
2. His passion
I just love how he gets addicted to some things (blueberry marker) or gets fixated on some things (ps4/xbox1.. )) or is so passionate about some things for so many years (SW) or just gets crazy and acts like it's normal (when he lost his job in S1). Idk to me being so passionate/obsessive is one of the most attractive qualities in people so I love him for that so much.
3. His denial.
Like with 25 cats, or in the Flaming Spittoon... or like when he does something that I'm sure he realizes is ridiculous but fakes it to himself that it's not (like when he's 'changed' the address of the building and was removing his digital footprint so that Amy wouldn't find him when he thought she wanted him to meet her mother)
4. His love of technology over social contact.
"I thought you didn't like facebook anymore? Don't be silly, I'm a fan of anything that tries to replace actual human contact" is still like one of my most fav lines by him ever : )
5. His humbleness with Mary
I just love it so much about him that as condescending and intolerable as he may be, he is always super humble with his family. Well you know what I mean, not super humble, but that he will not go against his mother, even though he's an adult and actually he has all the rights to. But that he would still say a prayer before food with his mom no matter how tedious he finds it. I just think there's something so refreshing about that, and I've always found his bond with Mary and with Meemaw to be the most touching...

anyways what are yours?

Edited by brilliantfool
  • Like 8