The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

I'm so excited to find out the story about the ring and all your thoughts and ideas are very interesting thank you for sharing!!, but How long the ep1 is going to be??? don´t get me wrong, I'm just curious.. because if I can remember the taping report, we will see:

Lenny at the chappel (discussing about their marriage), Sheldon-Leonard call / Amy-Penny call, Shamy talk at amy's, Lenny pre "wedding", gang reunion at Howardette's, Lenny vows, Shamy fight/fully break up, Lenny wedding night/fight, Bernie, Amy, Stuart talk, Shenny tea/talk, Sheldon/Leonard talk  (wich i can remember the girls mentioned that it seemed to be the final scene not the tag scene) 

aaaand now the producers say that there will be a scene with Mary cooper  (a talk-phone call- skype call with Sheldon or whatever this will be)...all those scenes (plot) in a 19-22 minutes episode?? I don't know how long the episode 1 was when they showed to the audience at the ep2 taping.. but to the girls who attended that taping: do you think the episode 1 was shorter than usual to speculate that was missing a scene because of the time-duration (not the story)?

Hmmm to me... this sounds a little suspicious... is the ring story a secret surprise or the producers are trying to calm down to the shamy fans?

Edited by Thyanic <3

I'm so excited to find out the story about the ring and all your thoughts and ideas are very interesting thank you for sharing!!, but How long the ep1 is going to be??? don´t get me wrong, I'm just curious.. because if I can remember the taping report, we will see:

Lenny at the chappel (discussing about their marriage), Sheldon-Leonard call / Amy-Penny call, Shamy talk at amy's, Lenny pre "wedding", gang reunion at Howardette's, Lenny vows, Shamy fight/fully break up, Lenny wedding night/fight, Bernie, Amy, Stuart talk, Shenny tea/talk, Sheldon/Leonard talk  (wich i can remember the girls mentioned that it seemed to be the final scene not the tag scene) 

aaaand now the producers say that there will be a scene with Mary cooper  (a talk-phone call- skype call with Sheldon or whatever this will be)...all those scenes (plot) in a 19-22 minutes episode?? I don't know how long the episode 1 was when they showed to the audience at the ep2 taping.. but to the girls who attended that taping: do you think the episode 1 was shorter than usual to speculate that was missing a scene because of the time-duration (not the story)?

Hmmm to me... this sounds a little suspicious... is the ring story a secret surprise or the producers are trying to calm down to the shamy fans?

I think it's a secret surprise because guest stars are sometimes busy and are difficult to get a hold of. Laurie is currently working on Broadway so the show has to work around her schedule.

I'm so confused. The thing you quoted says I said it but I didn't. o_O

It is possible I grabbed the wrong quote.   When I hit Save, the quote was gone.   When I went back into edit, it was there again.   I am not sure what happened.  I am sorry for any confusion I caused. 

It does seem like a lot to fit in, yes. 

It is possible I grabbed the wrong quote.   When I hit Save, the quote was gone.   When I went back into edit, it was there again.   I am not sure what happened.  I am sorry for any confusion I caused. 

lol no prob!

Those who attended the taping stated that the tag scene at the end seemed to be missing from Ep 1.   So, filming had not been completed.

This is not unusual.  Sometimes actors/actresses are not available during a scheduled taping, so scenes are filmed later when they are available before the final cut is completed, sometimes referred to as secret scenes, because they may or may not be seen by a live audience.   This can also happen if they want to alter something in the initial taping.

In general, all episodes area about the same length.

If I am wrong in my understanding, I hope someone with some experience at the tapings will be kind enough to correct me.

• Like 1

Also keep in mind that they do a full dress rehearsals on Monday (the day before the live taping) and also use this time to pre-tape difficult-to-stage moments, like car scenes which are green screened.  In addition, they sometimes re-shoot entire scenes.  At Comic Con this year, Chuck Lorre talked about refusing to air the original tag scene that was shot for the Skywalker Incursion, and they re-shot it the following week.

The "secret scene" may have been shot on that Monday and not shown to the taping audience in order to have a surprising tag when the show premiers, or as others have said, it may have been taped later.  I am just thrilled by the tidbit from EW, because if it has something to do with Sheldon and his mother conversing it may help to explain some of his behavior going forward.

• Like 3

Original tag scene in Skywalker Incursion? Since I was spoiler free last year and didn't get a chance to watch many SDCC panels, I don't know what the original was. Care to help a fangirl out? :icon_cheesygrin:

The original tag had Sheldon stealing a lightsaber from Skywalker Ranch. Chuck said that Sheldon would never commit a felony as long as he was associated with the show and made them re-tape it.  

• Like 2

In season 2 ep 23, Penny´s scene behind the door was shown only when the episode was aired. And it was( and  is ) a significant scene!

• Like 5

The original tag had Sheldon stealing a lightsaber from Skywalker Ranch. Chuck said that Sheldon would never commit a felony as long as he was associated with the show and made them re-tape it.  

I'm confused.   Did he forget about Sheldon stealing the Raiders of the Lost Ark reels from the movie theater to get back at Wil Wheaton?  Or would that be considered a misdemeanor, like his ticket for running the red light in Penny's car?

I'm confused.   Did he forget about Sheldon stealing the Raiders of the Lost Ark reels from the movie theater to get back at Wil Wheaton?  Or would that be considered a misdemeanor, like his ticket for running the red light in Penny's car?

It's just an inconsistency, like many the show is known for.    

Yup he forgot :icon_razz: When he was reminded of it he said that they had to go back and rewrite that scene too lol. 

The writers don't stand a chance against us superfans.

• Like 3

Thyanic, a lot of things can be said during 60-80 seconds skype scene!

Exactly. The last Skype scene with Sheldon and Amy took only about 60 seconds to cause an emotional breakdown
  • Like 2

At Comic Con Steve Molaro called him out on the Raider's scene, Chuck's response, we'll have to go back and re-write that one also.....it was pretty funny.

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 3

The writers don't stand a chance against us superfans.

Heheheheh, to be fair, they don't look at it over and over like we do.  

• Like 5

In season 2 ep 23, Penny´s scene behind the door was shown only when the episode was aired. And it was( and  is ) a significant scene!

I didn't know that was a secret scene!! I hope that the scene with Mary would that significant
  • Like 2

Just catching up after sleeping (hehehehehehe to quote Tensor), and I just really hope that we are going to be moving past Sheldon doing stupid stuff to get her mad/back. I mean, unless the point here is to have Amy break it off for good and permanently, I don't see how him acting like he's acting is going to be any good for them. Not to mention, it's already old after two episodes IMO, I can't believe that's all they're going to have Sheldon do anymore. I mean, it seems like his entire plot right now revolves around that. Boring. And it would be really upsetting if the reason they are having him act this way is so they can give Amy solid reasons to break up for good because they know she wouldn't under normal circumstances. But if the music doesn't change, I'm not sure how she's supposed to miss him or even how the audience is supposed to root for her to take him back.

yeah I Think the drama will be over now and we can see Sheldon back off to let Amy think and have space

• Like 3

Just catching up after sleeping (hehehehehehe to quote Tensor), and I just really hope that we are going to be moving past Sheldon doing stupid stuff to get her mad/back. I mean, unless the point here is to have Amy break it off for good and permanently, I don't see how him acting like he's acting is going to be any good for them. Not to mention, it's already old after two episodes IMO, I can't believe that's all they're going to have Sheldon do anymore. I mean, it seems like his entire plot right now revolves around that. Boring. And it would be really upsetting if the reason they are having him act this way is so they can give Amy solid reasons to break up for good because they know she wouldn't under normal circumstances. But if the music doesn't change, I'm not sure how she's supposed to miss him or even how the audience is supposed to root for her to take him back.

100% agreed! As long as it may be considered silver linings to know that Sheldon put enough thought on amy's lady parts to notice their similarity to the borders of some european country, i'd rather want this bat crap craziness to stop. Anyway i think next step will be him facing other possibile changes and so more craziness....i think Lenny would like to move out, and in the present circumstances Sheldon will have some problems with it! I imagine he will face true loniness at some point, hope that this will put some sense into his head about the way he is addressing amy right now.

I'd like so much to see amy's true reaction to the break up, her own melting down and her own sadness, i think it's about time to focus on her, let's hope there's room also for telling this sfide of the story!

• Like 8

I'm still so confused about that Czechoslovakia line. A part of me really wants to know WHAT exactly is he saying and HOW does he know enough about Amy's lady parts to make this kind of innuendos. The other part of me REALLY doesn't want to know. LOL!

• Like 9

I thought the drama would be over after the 1st episode and we'd have Sheldon sulking while he waited for Amy to think things through, but instead we get more of the same. So as much as I like the drama to be over, I have a feeling we're going to get more of it. Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'm still so confused about that Czechoslovakia line. A part of me really wants to know WHAT exactly is he saying and HOW does he know enough about Amy's lady parts to make this kind of innuendos. The other part of me REALLY doesn't want to know. LOL!

maybe he saw a graphic in that book he was given and used that as a visual aid......

I thought the drama would be over after the 1st episode and we'd have Sheldon sulking while he waited for Amy to think things through, but instead we get more of the same. So as much as I like the drama to be over, I have a feeling we're going to get more of it. Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I am kind of expecting it too, which is why I'm wondering what the writers are doing here. Do they want to audience to root for Amy to leave him for good? Because it surely doesn't sound like they want them to be on Sheldon's side. And if that's what they are doing... Why? I mean, if the last memory you leave of a character's behavior towards another character is a-holery, why would the audience ever root for them to get back together? In the finale so many people sided with Sheldon because of the ring and felt bad for them both. I don't think these new developments help that case at all, quite the contrary.
  • Like 5