The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

28 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

so guys, since it's quiet here and since DT is criticizing Sheldon again (shocker) and since this question has been on my mind for a while, I was wondering, what is everyone's fav things about Sheldon and why do you love him/associate with him? Cause while there are many reasons to love him, there are also many (objectively ) reasons to not love him, yet we all love him.. (I guess?!) so I was curious what is it for everyone that made you love him in the first place? For me I guess it was mostly :

1. His arrogance/condescension 
I know it's kind of not a good quality, but I just adore his arrogance. I think it's hilarious and I think a little bit of arrogance is healthy tbh. And I think even when he gets over the line it's hilarious to watch him if you consider yourself selfish, cause it's like you're looking in a kind of a magnifying mirror and you're watching it and you're like 'damn... that's not always pretty', yet you kinda recognize yourself.
2. His passion
I just love how he gets addicted to some things (blueberry marker) or gets fixated on some things (ps4/xbox1.. )) or is so passionate about some things for so many years (SW) or just gets crazy and acts like it's normal (when he lost his job in S1). Idk to me being so passionate/obsessive is one of the most attractive qualities in people so I love him for that so much.
3. His denial.
Like with 25 cats, or in the Flaming Spittoon... or like when he does something that I'm sure he realizes is ridiculous but fakes it to himself that it's not (like when he's 'changed' the address of the building and was removing his digital footprint so that Amy wouldn't find him when he thought she wanted him to meet her mother)
4. His love of technology over social contact.
"I thought you didn't like facebook anymore? Don't be silly, I'm a fan of anything that tries to replace actual human contact" is still like one of my most fav lines by him ever : )
5. His humbleness with Mary
I just love it so much about him that as condescending and intolerable as he may be, he is always super humble with his family. Well you know what I mean, not super humble, but that he will not go against his mother, even though he's an adult and actually he has all the rights to. But that he would still say a prayer before food with his mom no matter how tedious he finds it. I just think there's something so refreshing about that, and I've always found his bond with Mary and with Meemaw to be the most touching...

anyways what are yours?

Mine are everything on your list :D Really, I don't know what to add after that. I really like how he is "Yes Maam" with his mom. How dedicated he gets. When Penny went to ask for his advice and he basically said something like "When you have a goal you go for it, you do nothing else", I really really loved it because I can relate to it. I think that's his most attractive quality.

I love that you have this guy with this cold exterior, but when he's really needed he steps up (like when he comforted Amy on the couch even though at the time he felt soo uncomfortable (I'm sure he ended up liking it though :D). I also love that he's a science person, like me. And I also really like how generous he is with his money.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Judith said:

Mine are everything on your list :D Really, I don't know what to add after that. I really like how he is "Yes Maam" with his mom. How dedicated he gets. When Penny went to ask for his advice and he basically said something like "When you have a goal you go for it, you do nothing else", I really really loved it because I can relate to it. I think that's his most attractive quality.

I love that you have this guy with this cold exterior, but when he's really needed he steps up (like when he comforted Amy on the couch even though at the time he felt soo uncomfortable (I'm sure he ended up liking it though :D). I also love that he's a science person, like me. And I also really like how generous he is with his money.

Oh yes, I forgot about how he's generous with money! I find it so cool actually, considering how he's controlling about most things, that he's so easy with money.
I also love it how he's kinda non-judgemental, I mean on one hand he is , on the other hand he isn't , I mean non-judgemental in a sense that for example when he offered to loan Penny some money he wasn't thinking 'Hmm, it's Penny.. she's probably irresponsible and undisciplined, maybe she won't give it back in time...' but he wasn't even thinking about it, he just gave it to her and that's it... I think it's so cool.

And yeah I think Amy's his exception, he can always step up for her and do smth that makes him extremely uncomfortable just because she needs it... Then again thinking back to the pilot he was like that with Leonard as well, I mean when he went with him to see Kurt and didn't run away, even though I'm sure he figured out soon enough how that would end

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

Oh yes, I forgot about how he's generous with money! I find it so cool actually, considering how he's controlling about most things, that he's so easy with money.
I also love it how he's kinda non-judgemental, I mean on one hand he is , on the other hand he isn't , I mean non-judgemental in a sense that for example when he offered to loan Penny some money he wasn't thinking 'Hmm, it's Penny.. she's probably irresponsible and undisciplined, maybe she won't give it back in time...' but he wasn't even thinking about it, he just gave it to her and that's it... I think it's so cool.

And yeah I think Amy's his exception, he can always step up for her and do smth that makes him extremely uncomfortable just because she needs it... Then again thinking back to the pilot he was like that with Leonard as well, I mean when he went with him to see Kurt and didn't run away, even though I'm sure he figured out soon enough how that would end

Yep. I also loved how when she asked him if he could be open-minded he said "Always" with such easiness and we're talking about season 5 Sheldon here. I thought it was very poignant. It's actually one of my favourite exchanges between them, it said so much about their relationship and that was back in season 5!

I also remember that he was willing to defend Leonard against that bully from his childhood, and fight Wil because he insulted Amy (even though let's be real, Amy started it). He's actually very protective of the people he loves. When he gets over himself.

Edited by Judith
forgot a word
  • Like 4

so guys, since it's quiet here and since DT is criticizing Sheldon again (shocker) and since this question has been on my mind for a while, I was wondering, what is everyone's fav things about Sheldon and why do you love him/associate with him? Cause while there are many reasons to love him, there are also many (objectively ) reasons to not love him, yet we all love him.. (I guess?!) so I was curious what is it for everyone that made you love him in the first place? For me I guess it was mostly :

I know it's kind of not a good quality, but I just adore his arrogance. I think it's hilarious and I think a little bit of arrogance is healthy tbh. And I think even when he gets over the line it's hilarious to watch him if you consider yourself selfish, cause it's like you're looking in a kind of a magnifying mirror and you're watching it and you're like 'damn... that's not always pretty', yet you kinda recognize yourself.

2. His passion

I just love how he gets addicted to some things (blueberry marker) or gets fixated on some things (ps4/xbox1.. )) or is so passionate about some things for so many years (SW) or just gets crazy and acts like it's normal (when he lost his job in S1). Idk to me being so passionate/obsessive is one of the most attractive qualities in people so I love him for that so much.

3. His denial.

Like with 25 cats, or in the Flaming Spittoon... or like when he does something that I'm sure he realizes is ridiculous but fakes it to himself that it's not (like when he's 'changed' the address of the building and was removing his digital footprint so that Amy wouldn't find him when he thought she wanted him to meet her mother)

"I thought you didn't like facebook anymore? Don't be silly, I'm a fan of anything that tries to replace actual human contact" is still like one of my most fav lines by him ever : )

I just love it so much about him that as condescending and intolerable as he may be, he is always super humble with his family. Well you know what I mean, not super humble, but that he will not go against his mother, even though he's an adult and actually he has all the rights to. But that he would still say a prayer before food with his mom no matter how tedious he finds it. I just think there's something so refreshing about that, and I've always found his bond with Mary and with Meemaw to be the most touching...

anyways what are yours?

I really like how unsentimental the character is. I really do think that he is the source of a lot of the comedy on the show and always has been. I really think if you don't like or find the Sheldon character funny, this must be a really tough show to watch!! I think Jim Parsons does such a great job with this character. In fact, there isn't a character on the show I particularly dislike... Otherwise, I'm not sure I'd watch that much! It may be unpopular opinion, but I find Raj hilarious too!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, brilliantfool said:

2. His passion
3. His denial.

anyways what are yours?

You see, Sheldon loves many things. He kept 9 seasons trying to cover it with another things, using things such as his love for technology, pop culture, his spot on the couch, for himself, for his intellingence, but it wasn't enough. I just recall one time when he said he loved someone, not something: his mother. Because he kinda of built a cave to hide his feelings related to other people. He always posed as the rational being, but turns out that deep inside he is the one with the heart most filled of emotions that I already said. And who came like a wrecking ball, destroyed the cave and showed the loving cute Sheldon to the world? Amy! 
tumblr_mv8m6haJbT1sedjuto1_500.gif

• Like 6

13 hours ago, brilliantfool said:

2. His passion
3. His denial.

anyways what are yours?

#1 and #5 for sure. Growing up myself with a Texan for a dad, you learn to respect your folks, and Sheldon loves his mom despite not sharing her religious side. I like that. His arrogance is a guilty pleasure for me. In real life of course, Sheldon would be an ass hat with that behavior and attitude. But on a sitcom, it's so damned funny to me to see him say the things that conventional society would crucify him for. We all have those moments in life when we wish we could put someone in their place and don't. Sheldon says whatever pops into his head, and it's funny.

I like that Sheldon is generally predictable and consistent. I know people would argue that it always isn't the case, and yes there are times when the writers slip and have him OOC (like the rest of the ensemble). But I think they get it right most of the time. It's pretty easy to predict his reactions to people, things said, situations, etc., and it's funny to be able to do so.

I like that Sheldon on one hand claims to want to be a robot and dislikes a lot of social settings and prides himself on this, but on the other hand is always in the mix with the gang. He participates in movie outings, weekly comic trips, board games, group meals, paintball, bowling--the list is long. He likes to thumb his nose at "silly" things people do, yet he himself participates and NEEDS it. Someone posted that they found Sheldon wanting to go to Vegas with the gang as out of character. I so disagree with that, the show has shown Sheldon to be a guy who craves belonging to the group and this will trump a lot of things. Didn't take much for him to join Amy and Lenny at the cabin!

I like the peeks we get into his caring side now and then. He lends Penny money without blinking twice, he worries for Leonard when Amy tells him Penny is breaking up with him, in his own way he mourns Proton's death (that denial thing you mentioned on your list), and recently he donates a portion of any profits of earnings from the guys' invention towards Howardette's baby scholarship fund. He DOES care, though he buries these emotions, and when we get to see the humanized Sheldon it's nice.

Finally, I do like that Sheldon is written in a way that has him clueless in a lot of ways.  If Sheldon truly is clueless to many of the things people take for granted in social interactions, then it's hard to hate the guy. He is still responsible for the things he does or say, and I don't want to imply that I think he gets a pass on everything, but without "intent" there is no malice. He doesn't understand sarcasm, doesn't understand empathy, and like he said in the Vegas "apology tour" when apologizing to Emily, he doesn't mean to hurt anyone. It can be argued that this kind of personality wouldn't exist, but it DOES on this show. And since the writers have created this personality,  we can laugh along with his antics and nitwit behavior without hating the guy. 

Sheldon is a unique character, but he isn't created from marble--the writers continue to shape and mold him into something a little different every season as he grows. The Sheldon today isn't the Sheldon of S1, and I continue to enjoy watching him evolve, albeit ever so slowly and carefully. Sheldon freely having alcoholic beverages now (not being tricked by Penny, or making a rare exception for a toast) and singing karaoke or playing a drinking game with Amy and Lenny?? YES!!

Edited by Tensor
Comment removed to comply with updated rules
  • Like 7

Why do I like Sheldon? It's because, believe it or not, since the first time I saw the show, I thought "Wait a minute, I know that guy!" Sheldon is really the closest representation I have ever seen on screen of the people I know, I work with, I'm friend with and on some respect, of myself. Of course everything is mostly exaggerated (even if I know colleagues which are far more arrogant than Sheldon)  and I don't know a person who has all Sheldon's characteristics, but many persons with some of them; nevertheless,  I see people like Sheldon every day, people who have  uncommon passions for bureaucracy, technology, science, medicine, comic books, who don't get sarcasm or jokes, who don't  know or care to know about pop-culture (one day I was speaking about TBBT with one of those guys and he said "A show like that can't be that popular, can it?" he was shocked when I told him  the ratings and the salaries of the actors...and don't get me started with admitting how ignorant am I about pop-music or other well-known mainstream subjects). During the course of the years I've seen for those guys (and for myself) an evolution which is pretty similar to the one Sheldon has had. Knowing new people, making new experiences, falling in love has made those people different, you can always see where we come from, we still don't get sarcasm or pop-culture, but we have become more open to life...just like Sheldon. I like the character so much because I find his journey and his evolution believable and I can relate to it...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 8

I also knew this kind of guy, being a physicist myself:-) That's what got me intrigued with the show, but he is much cuter than "real guys" and it was always shown that there was much more depth behind his exterior. That's why I loved when they brought up Amy, it opened up a whole new side of him even he himself hadn't known.

I'd like to add about this non-judgemental part, that's what I loved when the guys talked about bringing women to science, he had the idea how to get them interested. And also with that replacement for Amy with this kind of scavenger hunt in early season 9 (I actually forgot her name already, the one who could tranlate Klingon to Sanscrit), that it wasn't about her looks when he described what kind of girlfriend he wanted to have, but that she should have her own mind or something like that (I have to look up the quote again...)

• Like 6

5 hours ago, brilliantfool said:

Not forgetting:-

Sheldon: Chat? We don’t chat. At least not offline.

6 hours ago, brilliantfool said:

anyways what are yours?

Mine would be how he was, for several seasons, unfazed by the fact he was alone (romantically), while all his friends were furiously trying to date.

I also love how his and Amy's interactions, only make sense to the two of them.

They're in their own private place (intellectually), and are happy and comfortable there.

4 hours ago, Judith said:

(even though let's be real, Amy started it).

Of course she did, totally, 100%.

However, as he explained to Levar Burton:-

"but I’m obligated to agree with her. She’s my girlfriend."

1 hour ago, 2L344 said:

Sheldon says whatever pops into his head, and it's funny.

He's like a male Judy Geller.

• Like 4

I like him because he's pretty unique, they say genius and madness can be two sides of the same coin but in Sheldon's case it's genius and deeply flawed social interaction skills.

He's arrogant especially so in the earlier seasons but has shown signs of becoming more humble (I don't think the arrogance will go away completely it's linked to his intellect and who he is).

He's quick to ditch his friends on lesser matters but when his friends are in real trouble he does stand by them and is pretty loyal. Penny needing money, or when Penny was considering dumping Leonard and he pleaded with her to not hurt his friend, Howard about to get screwed over the patent but offering to come up with a solution and then setting up a trust fund for their child's education, another example when Penny dislocated her shoulder he was there for her, or Leonard when he was having nasal surgery. I can think of numerous examples when he should have done more to help his friends but when push comes to shove he usually stands up.

I think deep down he has more of a heart than people think and that does appeal to me. He just isn't a robot or a Vulcan he has feelings deep down about the people he cares about it's just that he has this armor up most of the time.

I also think he knows he has issues but he's trying to work on them in his own way. Take the Intimacy Acceleration episode, without doubt this was probably the most insight we have ever really had into Sheldon's mind and how he ticks. When he says to Penny that he wishes he could read people's minds so that he could know when people are laughing at him or with him, or know when he has said something wrong and upset someone. That was a genuine acknowledgement of Sheldon knowing he has problems and wishing he could fix them.

Finally I like the character because I am rooting for him to change and become a more well rounded person. He deserves that chance to experience everything from friendship to love and ultimately find fulfillment.

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 8

I like all the characters on the show ...all for their own traits and for various reasons.

Why I like Sheldon? He's different, and more often than not, not afraid to tell it like it is. Most of us shy away from expressing how we really feel so as not to hurt someone BUT ... the truth hurts. He's not afraid to say it. (and lately, he's not afraid to say it to himself as well.)

I also love how they have taken this extremely complex man/robot and evolved him slowly over time (9! years). You don't get that kind of character growth in sitcoms. All the other characters ,for me,  were ones I have seen before. 

Edited by kelliluvtbbt
  • Like 6

What I love about Sheldon is that he is still a little boy because he never had a chance to live his childhood properly, for him I think being a grown up and a child has always been pretty much the same, so he probably lived most of his life the same way he still does: his love for superheroes, comic books, videogames, flying kites, playing with trains, etc. He had always lived with people older than him. When you go to school with people your age you have the feeling that you're growing up, that things are changing, and he never experienced that. He had serious issues. He could have been much worse if it wasn't for his mother and his Meemaw, they taught him to be good and kind, so he became this unique person, still a child but at the same time so mature in certain aspects, probably because of his logical thinking and extreme intelligence.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Not forgetting:-

Sheldon: Chat? We don’t chat. At least not offline.

Oh god I forgot about it! This was actually THE line that made me realize this is gonna be my fav show and my fav character instantly... After he said it, I just knew it. 

I just love how Sheldon is this kind of a symbol for being extremely introverted (and extremely indoors) and being proud of it. I love how he's so clear about not wanting to communicate with anyone outside of his few close friends (not only because it's difficult for him, but also because it's not as interesting to him as his other interests), and how he's not ashamed about it (opposed to the guys who feel bad about not being able to get girls, and in general be more active in social situations).

I'm not AS introverted as Sheldon, but there's been countless times when I'd tell my friends I don't wanna go out and I'm busy and instead just lay in bed and watch tv shows or take some science class on coursera... Because that's what brings me the most joy : ) . And it's kinda annoying to me a little bit that our society kinda has this hierarchy and automatically assumes if you prefer to watch tv shows to going out to drink with friends , or to hike in nature etc or do sports, that's cause you're boring or sad or w/e. The only 'social' thing I love is night clubs, but not because I care about socializing or drinking, but because I love music and to dance. Except for night clubs, most other things that bring me the most joy are the things I can do by myself and I've never been ashamed of it, and I love how Sheldon isn't either. 
I think it's refreshing, cause so many people still think being by yourself is something embarrassing. Every time I choose to go to the movies by myself my mom still thinks it's humiliating lol.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

Oh god I forgot about it! This was actually THE line that made me realize this is gonna be my fav show and my fav character instantly... After he said it, I just knew it. 

I just love how Sheldon is this kind of a symbol for being extremely introverted (and extremely indoors) and being proud of it. I love how he's so clear about not wanting to communicate with anyone outside of his few close friends (not only because it's difficult for him, but also because it's not as interesting to him as his other interests), and how he's not ashamed about it (opposed to the guys who feel bad about not being able to get girls, and in general be more active in social situations).

I'm not AS introverted as Sheldon, but there's been countless times when I'd tell my friends I don't wanna go out and I'm busy and instead just lay in bed and watch tv shows or take some science class on coursera... Because that's what brings me the most joy : ) . And it's kinda annoying to me a little bit that our society kinda has this hierarchy and automatically assumes if you prefer to watch tv shows to going out to drink with friends , or to hike in nature etc or do sports, that's cause you're boring or sad or w/e. The only 'social' thing I love is night clubs, but not because I care about socializing or drinking, but because I love music and to dance. Except for night clubs, most other things that bring me the most joy are the things I can do by myself and I've never been ashamed of it, and I love how Sheldon isn't either. 
I think it's refreshing, cause so many people still think being by yourself is something embarrassing. Every time I choose to go to the movies by myself my mom still thinks it's humiliating lol.

You and I.....and our Sheldon....have a great deal  in common.  When people criticize his behavior, say negative things about him, I know they are talking about me as well.....so it goes.

• Like 3

Ok, since we are doing it for Sheldon, why don't we speak about Amy also? Why do we love her? I like her because we have many things in common; we have had both a very sheltered childhood and few friends, but at some point of our life we met a group of people who have accepted us as we were, but also challenged us to open up. I like her because, even if she has changed a lot since she appeared and being with the other girls has opened her to ideas such as "romance" and "social" life, she has kept her own POV on those subjects. When sometimes I read in this forum that it's time for a makeover for Amy, I can't believe it, that's exactly the reason why I love her. She's been under the influence of Penny and Bernie for a long time, those girls have opened her mind to so many new ideas, but she is still who she was. She likes the way she looks, she doesn't care if she has the same sense of fashion of meemaw...Even in romance, she wants it in her life and has fought a lot to get it, but at her own conditions (after some uncertainties, TBH...but now I think she's perfectly happy with aquarium dates). I like that she is a scientist and that she is so passionate in her work that she sees science and experiments in everything in her life. I'm sorry that this season this aspect hasn't been developed at all, I hope next season we get more balance between scientist Amy and "social" Amy, that's wishful thinking here...

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Ok, since we are doing it for Sheldon, why don't we speak about Amy also? Why do we love her? I like her because we have many things in common; we have had both a very sheltered childhood and few friends, but at some point of our life we met a group of people who have accepted us as we were, but also challenged us to open up. I like her because, even if she has changed a lot since she appeared and being with the other girls has opened her to ideas such as "romance" and "social" life, she has kept her own POV on those subjects. When sometimes I read in this forum that it's time for a makeover for Amy, I can't believe it, that's exactly the reason why I love her. She's been under the influence of Penny and Bernie for a long time, those girls have opened her mind to so many new ideas, but she is still who she was. She likes the way she looks, she doesn't care if she has the same sense of fashion of meemaw...Even in romance, she wants it in her life and has fought a lot to get it, but at her own conditions (after some uncertainties, TBH...but now I think she's perfectly happy with aquarium dates). I like that she is a scientist and that she is so passionate in her work that she sees science and experiments in everything in her life. I'm sorry that this season this aspect hasn't been developed at all, I hope next season we get more balance between scientist Amy and "social" Amy, that's wishful thinking here...

I like that she's a scientist and she takes her job so seriously. I like that she is always there for her friends but at the same time she's very capable of defending herself (or Sheldon) when she has to. I also love that she's arrogant, sarcastic, manipulative (seriously) and not above treating other people as experiments. She's not here for women being treated like objects (her talk about women in comics with Stuart, Bernadette in that magazine), she's completely unapologetic about the way she dresses and refuses to cave in to peer pressure (Bernie and Penny).

One of my favourite things about her is that she is creative (basket weaving, knitting, fanfiction) and musically inclined. I think her musicality adds a very compelling twist to her character (and I can relate to it). Her love of Neil Diamond is just adorable! And of course I find her medieval interests like her love of Chaucer awesome!

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Judith said:

she's completely unapologetic about the way she dresses and refuses to cave in to peer pressure (Bernie and Penny).

I agree.

Even when Penny told her, to her face, that she has "zero fashion sense", it was like water off a duck's back to her.

Personally, I kinda like the way Amy dresses.

It's not mega-stylish, but it's her look, and it suits her.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I agree.

Even when Penny told her, to her face, that she has "zero fashion sense", it was like water off a duck's back to her.

Personally, I kinda like the way Amy dresses.

It's not mega-stylish, but it's her look, and it suits her.

She doesn't give a frig and I like it. I remember when she was raising the possibility of changing her style a bit and Penny and Bernie said a load of different types of clothing but then Amy said I am not going to change because of a breakup or something.

I actually think her style is kind of cute in a way. Not sure about the orthopedic shoes sometimes though lol

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I probably can't say exactly why I love Amy... I just do  : D I can't say I loved her from the first sight,  I found her hilarious and I loved it that she had that much in common with Sheldon, but I couldn't relate to her for a while. I loved her bluntness, like in 4x1 she said to Penny 'This is very interesting. Cultural perceptions are subjective. Penny, to your mind, are you a slut?' x D .

I can relate to her love for Penny... I did have friends when I was growing up, but we were all in a 'good' school so while other kids were smoking and drinkng and partying, none of us weren't. And I always wanted to have a friend like Penny who I could go party with : ) I only got a friend like that a few years ago, and I got her hooked on TBBT recently, and we were laughing about it cause of that moment with PAmy when Penny offered her coffee with liquor or smth? And Amy said 'Ah, here's the alcohol and drug peer pressure my mother warned me about.  I was starting to think it was never going to happen. Yes, please.' It reminded us of us a little bit.

I love how she loves life so much! In my opinion, her childhood was the worst of them all, including Leonard's and Sheldon's , because I think Leonard wasn't aware of how bad it was , and Sheldon still spent a lot of time doing something he loved, and had a super loving mom and Meemaw, but Amy, I think she was fully aware of how unhappy she was, and from what we know her mother was so cold... Yet she turned out to be this open, joyous, cheerful person with a bubbly personality...

Also idk what is it and how to call it, but I love it whenever she talks with Sheldon about his OCD (and now hoarding). There's like this very sweet acceptance or something. Even when she was mad at him in 9x2... 'and you didn't do your compulsive knocking ritual so I would open the door'

And in general I just love it how accepting she is of him..

And I love her hair!! I don't care if someone would call it shallow, I love her straightened long hair so much : D

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

I can't say I loved her from the first sight.

I did.

Right from that first car conversation:-

Penny: So, um, Amy, Sheldon tells me you’re a neuro something-or-other.

Amy: Neurobiologist. Your check engine light is on.

I just knew she was going to be awesome.

She was just so "sheldon-ish", spotting the check engine light, and then knowing she'd be be more flattered, if Penny were a homosexual, not to mention knowing what Muggles are. :laugh: 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I did.

Right from that first car conversation:-

Penny: So, um, Amy, Sheldon tells me you’re a neuro something-or-other.

Amy: Neurobiologist. Your check engine light is on.

I just knew she was going to be awesome.

She was just so "sheldon-ish", spotting the check engine light, and then knowing she'd be be more flattered, if Penny were a homosexual, not to mention knowing what Muggles are. :laugh: 

Back at that time I thought the writers were really willing to make her have a strong crush on Penny or something else. It was kinda weird sometimes. Then I realized it was just humor, a weird humor btw. lol

• Like 1

If any scene showed that Amy had just the same desires as any normal girl growing up it was this and it's one of my favorite Amy scenes of all time:

2.gif4.gif

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Serena_nyc1995 said:

I love Amy because she is genuinely the nicest character on TBBT. Amy is practically a saint compared to Sheldon or Penny or the rest of the nutjobs ! :icon_biggrin: 

Its not known if Amy has  a loving family like Sheldon has and she never had any friends. All her friends are Sheldon's friends .Fortunately I can't relate to any of that but it makes me feel sorry for her. It also makes me root for her more than the others.

While I don't dress like her and she may not have the coolest wardrobe, I think she is a badass and a unique female character, you don't see on TV. Its nice to see a girl who can be just as quirky as the guys and is totally secure about her looks, not worrying about conventional standards of beauty.

She is the only one on the show I would bother to know in real life. Haha. I didn't like the way Sheldon jerked her around for 5 years and it was a really one-sided relationship. So I was on Amy's side during the break up. But now I love Shamy 2.0.

I think Mayim deserves all the Emmy nominations she gets. :icon_biggrin: And I  hope she wins one.

I guess many girls and grown up women see themselves in Amy. I myself am one of these people. That's probably why the character is so popular.

• Like 3